PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Pause menu.

FiveCastle
04-16-2019, 06:06 AM
Heyap, I wonder if its possible to make the pause menu more "usable" instead of the way it is, maybe have difficulty setting for pausing (Ie. Realistic [the way it is now] Usable, [be able to do things while in pause menu, full access, build and all that] midway, [Have able to look into things, for example island share prices, warehouse storage at the time, but not able to construct anything new. Thoughts?

Emperor_
04-16-2019, 07:29 AM
Since this game is not about to utilize time as much as possible, well, you can play it that way, but that just destroys the "adventure" feeling.
Why would you want to pause to build, you can just as easily just place down the dummy buildings and they wont build so you can plan...And time is not of an essence most cases, its not you need to suddenly stop everything to look if there is fish in the storage.

Game is meant to be played as a fluid and uninterrupted experience, in my opinion...

Rfeuk
04-16-2019, 09:50 AM
Why would you want to pause
Just one word - battles. It really annoys when you want to build something and ships get attacking everywhere and you really need to react to that on Hard difficulty. Also game should pause in background when you open traderoutes interface, newspaper one or any other fullscreen window.

mcetnar
04-27-2019, 10:01 PM
We can make the game go faster, so why not slower? This option used to be present in the past installments and was useful for searching quests among other things. I think that both the active pause and the half-speed options should be present.

AltCoin353
05-08-2019, 02:31 PM
If you want to talk reality...

There is are few people that can adequately juggle a ship battle, shipping, town issues (on multiple islands), diplomacy, and new world activity all at once when things start advancing. To support the poster and expand:

Feature request is for single player only. It would allow the following functionality while paused:
1. Scan around as it does on map.
2. Select ships, buildings, items, and interfaces to see current state.
3. Would not allow for any interaction or changes. This would affect game play as stated by another poster.

This is informational. It would not affect tasks or activities in any major way...

Kamino72
06-09-2019, 09:47 AM
Game is meant to be played as a fluid and uninterrupted experience, in my opinion...

Maybe they could add a game option to set the MINIMUM SPEED to play the entire game, and allow players who prefer slower pace to play at half speed or even when paused.

My experience, as a new player, is the game is stressful because I don't master the gameplay and the UI.

Asterix201252
06-09-2019, 01:06 PM
There have been multiple threads calling for an ACTIVE PAUSE function, right back to the Beta phases. Add to the allowable tasks at least the ability to place blueprints. I don't agree that you have plenty of time to do things like plan your city when the game is active. All of the time that you are placing your blueprints, your opponents are building and progressing. This is important at the start of a game. If you spend too long planning, your opponents have occupied the key islands.
At the very least, add a reduced speed mode, like previous titles in the series. I suggest 1/2 speed and 1/10 (or 1/8 if easier to implement).
To those who say it spoils the game for them, there is a very simple solution. Just never click on ACTIVE PAUSE.

nethelion55
06-10-2019, 04:52 PM
On top of that we dont have any response from the developers about this missing feature. Its like we are getting ignored. I hope someone makes a mod for that soon otherwise game goes wasted.Also on the next dlc we are getting a new area with different production chains and stuff. So cycling between 3 different areas will make the game totally unplayable

UbiSc0ttie
06-11-2019, 11:38 PM
Hey everyone!

I just wanted you all to know that I've read your thread, and personally I think this type of feature would be extremely helpful in the game!

- Scottie