PDA

View Full Version : What I want to see in AC Vikings from Odyssey and Origins!

aurelian86ubi
04-15-2019, 02:28 PM
Since AC Vikings is almost certain and I spent a lot of time playing Odyssey and Origins, I thought of compiling a list of things to have in the next AC taken/ improved from the previous versions ( Odyssey, Origins, Draw/ Improvement )

Combat - Both. Combat was great in both games. It was more realistic in Origins but more fluid in Odyssey. I am ok with whatever of them.
Naval - Both. I am not a fan of naval but I know you guys are. I personally enjoyed it more in Origins, but could have lived without it in both games. However two features would be nice: the ability to have combat difficulty settings separated for naval since it is a different business ( you can be good at combat but suck at naval or vice versa ) and to have neutral sailing option that is if you just want to sail would the fear of being attacked. Also it would be nice to keep it as optional as possible from the main quest since not all of us like it.
Side quests - Origins Origins wins here by a huge margin. They are so good! They have a very good combination of: find someone, kill someone, carry someone, defend someone, investigate clues, travel to a spot etc in a way that don't feel bland like in Odyssey. So, whoever designed them in Origins should help.
Skills - Odyssey. Odyssey has a good number of skills but tbh I would like to be able to make 4-5 viable warrior builds in the next game using different skills. Like in Diablo 3. But this will imply more skills per class.
Elemental - Improvement. Currently we have fire and poison. Would be nice to see ice and lighting spells/ crafting.
Papyruses/Ostrakas - Origin. Papyruses are a lot more interesting because of the thrill of finding a legendary. It is a surprise as oposed to Odyssey where you know from the start what you will get (e.g. increase armor by another 2% ) so the element of surprise dissapeares.
Game length - Origins Odyssey is a superb game but too long in my opinion. I'd rather replay the game with another class/replay the game of NG+ with something new rather than than change the classes during a 1 very long play
Stealth - Improvement I'd rather see stealth work like in Shadow of Mordor, with fantastic supporting skills rather than limiting me to the fact that the enemy spotted me or not.
Hit physics - Origins. Origins feels a lot more brutal than Odyssey...when you hit someone in Origins you actually shatter him becoming unbalanced, in Odyssey this feeling is not that intense so things should be more brutal in my opinion.
Overall variety - Odyssey. Odissey expands Origins with crafting, more skills, more areas, more choices... need to keep this in next AC.
More mythical creatures - Improvement. We really need more mythical creatures, yes in Odyssey there were not enough.

babality3
04-15-2019, 02:41 PM
hey guys where di u see that next ac will be viking themed?

raddevbor
04-15-2019, 02:46 PM
I'm sorry but I won't support you in regards to points 5 & 8. :)
Not interested in No 11, too, but it's obvious this'll be there.

cawatrooper9
04-15-2019, 02:53 PM
hey guys where di u see that next ac will be viking themed?

There have been some rumors (https://kotaku.com/odd-tease-in-the-division-2-spills-the-beans-on-the-nex-1833838193).

Schrier has a pretty good track record, but I should stress that absolutely nothing has been officially confirmed by Ubisoft.

ninja4hire10
04-15-2019, 06:53 PM
First off, I personally don't think "Kingdom" is real. Not to discount that Kotaku guy's sparkling track record, but you can't win them all. Maybe his source only saw a snippet of something and got the wrong idea, who knows? Plus I don't think a poster of what I've read is a Norman and not a so-called "proper" Viking in The Division 2 is enough to suddenly assume THAT'S the 2020 game. I'm always a tad skeptical about these things, although I LOVE the AC speculation and rumor mill.

If it's Vikings this go 'round, I agree with Raddevbor above: please no magic potions or spellcasting or any of that junk, but if so, at least let me ignore it and not have to mess with any of it. DItto for your Number 8. If our Viking protag doesn't have the Spear, as Alex or Kass has/had, they shouldn't have over the top superpowers. Simple as that.

And I'm okay with mythological monsters/gods as long as it's explained why they exist. Both Odyssey and Origins had a decent enough explanation for their inclusion, so yeah, I'm game.

Imagine having to fight the Fenris Wolf. Now that's a boss battle waiting to happen;)

But even if all your above is included in the game, I'll still buy it. You get what you pay for, and Ubi gives me what I pay for.

Sandfeld_
04-16-2019, 12:53 AM
Imagine Fenris as a mount.

Gallaki
04-16-2019, 12:37 PM
Trump about AC:Vikings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kkUzU9OiDI

GameGuru2018
04-16-2019, 08:44 PM
Vikings about Trump
https://youtu.be/WdTtvsMBL_Q