PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know how to make Altair vault?

OhJayzuz
11-19-2007, 11:57 AM
I noticed in the first demo of the game at X06 altair vaults over a low obstacle in the escape. Just wondering if anybody knows how to make him do this when free running instead of just jumping onto every low obstacle?

MiniAssasin
11-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by OhJayzuz:
I noticed in the first demo of the game at X06 altair vaults over a low obstacle in the escape. Just wondering if anybody knows how to make him do this when free running instead of just jumping onto every low obstacle?

he probably can tanymore

so far i have noticed

horses cannot go in cities

you cant slash wooden obects to collapse them

you cant do the two handed push

and a whole assasination was removed

now this

oh and teh whole crowd ai wasnt implimented how they said

Raide
11-19-2007, 12:11 PM
You can only vault through certain objects. Try the street vendor stalls. You can dive and vault through these with a bit of timing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Raide
UK Forum Manager

corbinion
11-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Actually you can do a little vault.

When you are free running at a merchants stand or table you'll usually vault over the small obstacle or dive over it.

Edit: Darn you Forum Manager...beat me by a minute! :P

MiniAssasin
11-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by corbinion:
Actually you can do a little vault.

When you are free running at a merchants stand or table you'll usually vault over the small obstacle or dive over it,

lol i have only been divinf through it, got an achievement for oing it a few times

bobbylucifer
11-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OhJayzuz:

he probably can tanymore

so far i have noticed

horses cannot go in cities

you cant slash wooden obects to collapse them

you cant do the two handed push

now this

oh and teh whole crowd ai wasnt implimented how they said </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've collapsed loads of wooden scaffolding by throwing guards at them, but it is a bit naff that horses can't get into cities. what assassination are you talking about btw?

Sasori_x
11-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:

Did you watch the X06 Demo with the sound off? She clearly states that it is William De Montferrat she is going to assassinate. This is showing how they do keep a schedule and not just stay in one place. In this demo he was doing a public speaking, but in the latest one, he was in a secluded spot speaking to his soldiers (cant remember why http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif).

Azzerwazzer1191
11-19-2007, 01:01 PM
(off topic)
sorry but this really bugs me...
is there still that area they showed at x06 somewhere in acre... if so could you tell me some distinctive view points from where i can see the demo map?

OhJayzuz
11-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the help guys

I've been trying it for a while, managed to get him to do it a couple of times. Holding the free hand button when near a low obstacle seems to work, but only under certain circumstances. For example, i jumped onto a roof below me and as he was catching his stride i held the free hand button; there was a wooden fence/clothesline beside him and he vaulted it.

I suppose that early versions of the game allowed you to traverse differently depending on which button you held i.e head, free hand, legs, but it probably got too complicated so they removed it, obviously not completely though... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif