PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 - Location Theories?

Pages : [1] 2

Trace007
11-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Well, given that the people who are reading this have already played through AC2, what environment do you think AC3 will take place in?

As for me, I think I may know where it will be.

The conspiracy in the game is actually a theory in real life.

I honestly WANT to go into details, but for the life of me, I can't remember much.

Anyway, my theory is that the third game will take place in ancient Egypt.

(I know that may not be much, but until I discuss things with a friend of mine, I'm at a loss. If you want, do some research of your own. Keywords may include Ra, Two Pillars, Trinity, Ark of the Covenant, etc.)

I will get back to you once I consult with my friend. He knows more about this stuff than I do.

Anyway, to keep this a discussion, where do YOU think the third game will take place?

MrGlow
11-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Even though it's not going to happen, I want Assassin's creed 3 to be fully in modern times, with Desmond as the protaganist. Cities would be ones from America, like New York and D.C. with a motorbike instead of a horse, I don't know how they'd incorporate leaps of faith though, as I don't think Desmond could survive leaping off the empire state.

Oh, and how awesome would the Desmond/Vidic deathbed conversation be?

Cornik22
11-23-2009, 10:43 AM
If you have played the full game, it's pretty obvious to me (specially after seeing the ending) that the third game will take place in more than one location / time period.

MrGlow
11-23-2009, 10:47 AM
I didn't get anything about future time periods from the ending.

Trace007
11-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by MrGlow:
Even though it's not going to happen, I want Assassin's creed 3 to be fully in modern times, with Desmond as the protaganist. Cities would be ones from America, like New York and D.C. with a motorbike instead of a horse, I don't know how they'd incorporate leaps of faith though, as I don't think Desmond could survive leaping off the empire state.

Oh, and how awesome would the Desmond/Vidic deathbed conversation be?

Actually, my friends and I were making jokes about that same predicament.

I suggested dumpsters.

ChaosOveride
11-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Im hoping on an Assassin who travels alot, maby an assassin who voyages from england (yes i want an english Assassin XD) to the new world to try and prevent the templars consolodating their power.

P459
11-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by ChaosOveride:
Im hoping on an Assassin who travels alot, maby an assassin who voyages from england (yes i want an english Assassin XD) to the new world to try and prevent the templars consolodating their power.

An Assassin with Cal Lightman(from Lie to Me) attitude would be awesome..

keepth3beat
11-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Cornik22:
If you have played the full game, it's pretty obvious to me (specially after seeing the ending) that the third game will take place in more than one location / time period.

Seconded.

I do hope that Desmond has a big part in the third game, though. It took me a while, but I'm really starting to like him.

MrGlow
11-23-2009, 11:52 AM
People have been saying about feudal Japan, but Desmond isn't Asian so I can't see that happening.

Modern day or industrial revolution america would be my two choices. Possibly a more recent ancestor in 1960's Cuba, but I don't think that's gonna happen either.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
11-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by keepth3beat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cornik22:

Seconded.

I do hope that Desmond has a big part in the third game, though. It took me a while, but I'm really starting to like him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wouldn't mind playing in more than one locatin / time period as long as i can exploited beautifull cities http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

florisz1990
11-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Desmond's cool, but AC III, modern time. Wouldn't that be a little bit too similair to Mirror's Edge with all the running and jumping? Only now with a hidden blade on your arm and with a man instead of a girl jumping around.

GhostlyMagic
11-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Medieval Europe, Feudal Japan, and WW2 France were hinted at or rumored to be thought of by the Ubisoft team. Either that or they were carefully worded to make it sound like a rumor by game review sites.

Personally, I hope Feudal Japan gets added and without any stereotypical Anime references kept out. Wouldn't mind seeing how the events took a turn for the worse and somehow ended up in Japan. Currently, I can think of many ways how Japan could work with the ancestry.

Ezio's Assassin movements screams Japan and so does half the fans elsewhere. Oh, and the glyphs also screams Japan more often then any other glyph out there. Either that or I'm probably seeing too many Japanese references merged into something modern.

edit:
I also think that we should be able to have some form of interaction in the modern world (outside the Animus) where we can at least see how the Assassin's and Templars are waging war. I wouldn't mind if Ubisoft gave us a tiny little village or town to fight in in the outskirts of some American, Canadian, European, Russian, or Asian/Australian farm town to at least see a small portion of the bigger picture.

I've seen some Florence buildings glued to the warehouse, outside the main window near the HD TV screen that made me facepalm. They could re-use some Italian scenery, like that warehouse, for some unknown small European city to hide in while Miles goes into "tutorial" mode in becoming a modern assassin. He could hone his skills there and etc.

ZaRiF215
11-23-2009, 03:25 PM
------- SPOILER---------

in AC2 when you get all the codex pages look at them on the wall there's a map in eagle vision,
there's several locations including europe,china,one in hawaii i think and one in north america. And many more,
I think AC3 will be about desmond searching for the Pieces of eden at each location however, considering there's some land masses that no longer exist. i'm not sure howe they're gonna pull it off... Im Very sure that the brains behind all this has got it planned out, lets just see if it comes to life.

qwertyqwerty87
11-23-2009, 04:00 PM
french revolution ?

keepth3beat
11-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by florisz1990:
Desmond's cool, but AC III, modern time. Wouldn't that be a little bit too similair to Mirror's Edge with all the running and jumping? Only now with a hidden blade on your arm and with a man instead of a girl jumping around.

Depending on where the game takes place. If the game were to take place in New York, yes. But there are very few places, even in America, that are nothing but sky scrapers. Even the majority of LA isn't.

kamirecca
11-23-2009, 04:53 PM
I think half the game wil´l be in Animus, half the game in "Our" time. pretty confident there wont be a forth game, and if so, perhaps a prequel. But the conspiracy will most likely end in the third game. I think. I hope not, however. Im having a blast every minute im playing the games

AetosEagle
11-23-2009, 05:07 PM
No no no... You're all thinking of places that will be fun to visit in the Animus/Desmond, you have to think of past references through the games such as Cyprus (Altair may well have hidden his P.o.D there), Spain (Ezio mentioned it a couple of times), Egypt (Eagle Vision as Desmond revealed loads of Egyptian symbols on the floor and scribblings on the wall, and on the P.o.D map at the end of AC1 it showed Egpyt as a location), the lost city of Atlantis location (tons of references on the walls, floors and references to it in both games)...

Rather than thinking of key periods in history, try thinking of LOGICAL locations for the P.o.D's are, as I just listed.

EzioAssassin51
11-24-2009, 01:26 AM
I think Egypt would be good! Some victims could be Tutenkamen or Cleopatra!

I think Japan would be terrible! It would turn too ninja! I like the idea of half, half but in modern times you wouldn't be using a hidden blade and a sword! You'd be using things like Machine guns and sniper rifles!

andarulez
11-24-2009, 03:47 AM
Hi, I'm a first poster, but I'd like to give this a spin:

First of all, forget about any kind of modern setting. It just too sterile, boring and anticlimactic compared to the beauty and flavor of a historical setting.

What we're told is that this "war" is pretty much global and stretches from the very beginning of mankind to the present day.

Based on that, the next game could take place anywhere, anytime. My point being, that we shouldn't put too much emphasis on any hints or clues to a greater perspective. They are just there to convey a sense that this conspiracy is of epic proportions. The storyline serves the purpose of the game - not the other way around!

A setting that would be in line with the concept of the game could be the Roman empire during the fall of the republic. This would provide a magnificent urban setting (Rome), but also places like Alexandria in egypt and Cyprus. (I don't see why the game can't spread out a bit more geographically as long as you can fast travel by ship.)

It also provides a time of great political conflicts and intrigue with interesting historical characters like Caesar being asassinated.

In my opinion this setting would have the most to offer in respect to the games core concept.

Lamoi123
11-24-2009, 06:54 AM
I really really hope that its Feudal Japan, and the Character is a Woman!!!

That would be awesome... WW2? Its been a backdrop for so many games recently, not least of all Velvet Assassin!

For me, no one has ver really done a realistic Feudal Japan setting, like a decent Ninja game... Assassins Creed 3 could chnage all that, hope so........

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 07:01 AM
For me, no one has ver really done a realistic Feudal Japan setting, like a decent Ninja game... Assassins Creed 3 could chnage all that, hope so........
the thing it it's assassins creed not ninjas creed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif also due to the creed (they seem to be following it in all the games) it would fit samurai better as the ninja's were underhand and basically had no honour.

absyinth205
11-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Here is a cool idea, how about the American Revolution?

AetosEagle
11-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Why does everyone keep suggesting revolutions? French revolution... American revolution...

No. Just stop with the revolutions.

DeSabellis
11-24-2009, 09:33 AM
I think the ending clearly spoke to Desmond, and what was to be done...

I'm sure their will be another Animus plot.... but there really should be a lot more of Desmond. I think it is going to involve more of subject 16's video... or at least explaining it a lot better...

Grandmaster_Z
11-24-2009, 10:24 AM
*spoilers*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...on_202037&feature=iv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOTiQUUSq4M&annotation_id=annotation_202037&feature=iv)

altair changes alot in the few months after AC1. gets the apple of eden, becomes more scholarly, wants to learn more, and says he travels east. Has more than 1 son with Maria, they travel east to assassinate Genghis Khan...maybe you will play as his sons? or back to Desmond, he has to locate the "Temples" that Minerva was talking about?

MrGlow
11-24-2009, 11:00 AM
I think we can rule out WWII as a setting, as on the scriptwriter's IGN blog, he said that one of the series' aims was to have the games set in unusual time periods for games. Hence he specifically mentioned there would never be an Assassin's creed set in WWII while he was on the project.

Trace007
11-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Well, I've received a message from my friend. I asked him about the Trinity, as he has told me about it before, which brought on this thread.

[Excerpt]
He writes: "As for the trinity. You would have to think that in the beginning there was "one". The "one" was everything and everything was the "one". A dot - like the big bang theory. So we are not far from science or religion at this point. Well, the 'source' decided that it wanted to digress into some sort of understanding (for reasons that I don't think we could possibly understand at our level of thinking), so it divided itself, or rather, began a process. In order to have energy - energy must exist in flux. Energy is always in motion, always active. It expands out and then it gathers back at points of less accumulation. It seeks a balance but, oddly, never really finds one. This is the trinity as best as it could be understood. There is a negative or female principal - descending into matter and then a male of positive principal returning from."

In the game, the "Gods" said that they made us in their own image. I'm thinking that this is represented by this Trinity. Egypt comes to mind because of the Sun. In Egyptian religion, Ra is the God of the sun, and the sun represents giving life. My friend has told me that Ra represents that "one," and then came Isis and Osiris, the male and female aspect.

I'll see if I can get more soon. Trust me, there's a lot of info.

SgtWe3xY
11-24-2009, 12:02 PM
I really like the idea of a setting of a time around the civil war period ... think Gangs of New York era, snowy American cities. The architecture wouldnt be too modern and there would be plenty of options for factions with all the different immigrants like the Irish. This could be the storyline for desmonds ancestry arriving in America. The first Assassins creed was in the 1100s the second 300years later in the 14 - 15 00's give it another 300years and thats about right ... ish.

The only problem is the guns of the time were not just muskets and a third person shooter is not what AC is all about for me. I can see how gaurds with 1 shot guns could work but not revolvers etc.

Trace007
11-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Huh, I can't believe I didn't notice this before.

In the truth video, you can 'clearly' see Mt. Kilimanjaro in the background.

Maybe we go to Africa.

Hm. For now, I'm going to stick with my Egypt theory. If that fails, I say Africa.

Victoroos
11-24-2009, 12:07 PM
i still think that when they go back through time,
to egyptan,or

noooo Greece, that would be so awsome, to kill socrates

midna1
11-24-2009, 12:08 PM
I think they should use pre-cognitive memories in the animus. Then you set the game on Mars and Jupiter like Dr Manhattan from Watchmen. Then you have the final level on Uranus

mikeh1294
11-24-2009, 12:09 PM
As soon as I saw Minerva, I thought she looked like a Pharaoh type figure. So that hints at Egypt to me. But I'm sure it was mentioned that they don't want to go further back, but forward, as they don't want to take away the shop system and that.

But one thing I want to know; Can the Animus be used to access future memories? That would be interesting..

midna1
11-24-2009, 12:11 PM
sweet - you can use the animus to access Desmond's future ancestors like 'Desmond of Mars' vs the Confederacy - sweet

UBOSOFT-Gamer
11-24-2009, 12:12 PM
well, i think there needen't to be a time difference of 300 years each period setting. i guess it was random that it was 300 years between AC1 and AC2....

midna1
ok is there a word for 'future ancestors'?

caswallawn_2k7
working forwards on 300 year points doesn't have to happen, really they can picky any time (forward or back) it more depends if they change their mind and plan on dragging out the franchise longer. but you have to remember when they are planing for the game they don't want over used periods of history, also they would need to pick places with decent architecture to make sure the free running worked meaning it would need to mainly be times and places with decent sized heavily built up cities.

Eurasian continent actually lends it's self more to this than the Americas as Eurasia has a much longer history of heavily built up areas that could be used for free running. (also there is a lot more history on the Eurasian continent)

Originally posted by midna1:
ok is there a word for 'future ancestors'?
any1 who comes after some1 is a descendant for example Ezio is a descendant of Altiar and Desmond is a descendant of Ezio. (and Altiar)

MartaVasques
11-24-2009, 01:16 PM
It’s going to be Rome. Set during the Roman Empire. Hence the references to Egypt, it was part of the Empire and it’s only natural the Assassin has to carry out missions there.

mikeh1294
11-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Hm.. I don't actually think that you will play as someone from before Ezio's time. The underground vault in the Villa with the statues tell of the big assassinations that were in the past, so it would be likely you would act out one of them, but then you would know who the final target, the boos if you will, will be. And they have kept the 'boss' quite in the last two.

NuclearFuss
11-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by P459:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChaosOveride:

An Assassin with Cal Lightman(from Lie to Me) attitude would be awesome.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool. Staring at someone's eyebrows like that could easily distract them and BAM Tim Roth hidden blades you in the face. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 01:38 PM
unless the kill's in the villa is just the most historically impressive assassination they did, then they can have the story about their struggle with the templars as the people they killed wont always be the top man for the time.

The_Gunner678
11-24-2009, 01:51 PM
well I have studied mythology for about half a year and the Roman gods are the greek gods renamed. Minerva (forgot her greek name, think it might be hera or athena) says that Desmond must find the temples. Well I am assuming the temples hold the other gods. The three major mythology aspects in the world are, Greek, Egyptian and Norse. So I am maybe thinking we will visit those three places with Desmond and then enter in the 'bleeding effect' and play as an ancestor there. Or instead of all three mythologies they could just take us to one. I am leaning towards either Egypt or Greece. I would rather only one of those places as it would allow the game to be more fun but if it played in both, they would have to use different time periods and the same character in the animus so you can bond with the character. But then the time you spend in each country may be shorter.

keepth3beat
11-24-2009, 01:53 PM
I think Lucy, Desmond and Company are going to travel to the different vault locations that Minerva showed Ezio in Rome. So whatever's shown in that video. XD;

Egypt would be cool--apparently Cleopatra WAS a target, if you read the biography on the woman-assassin's (LOL@everyone who said there were no female assassins) statue in the tomb, with the snake. >:] But I doubt they'd let us play that.

ACII_Addicted
11-24-2009, 01:56 PM
No , seriously not Greece. I am from greece and i assure you nothing exciting here. Only if you want to swim and get fat that is. Egypt is a much better place ! With all the people covered from sand storms and stuff our new character could actually hide preety well , like Ezio in the crowd, and this time with a much more discreet suit. An egyptian costume O.o

ACII_Addicted
11-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by victorjr:
i still think that when they go back through time,
to egyptan,or

noooo Greece, that would be so awsome, to kill socrates

TO KILL WHO?? Sorry but socrates is my name xD and to kill the world's best philosopher ?? I couldn't ...... although he was poisoned , it doesn't me assassins did. Just people who hated him for being too clever!

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm hoping they do pick one of the ancient times, but as I said it would have to be a place with the architecture to allow the free running, ancient Greece and Rome would actually be good locations as they had a lot of interesting buildings and are really some of the earliest large civilisations that would lend to the free running.

ACII_Addicted
11-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
I'm hoping they do pick one of the ancient times, but as I said it would have to be a place with the architecture to allow the free running, ancient Greece and Rome would actually be good locations as they had a lot of interesting buildings and are really some of the earliest large civilisations that would lend to the free running.

That thing with umm buildings you see is a little umm .. how can i say it ?? Odd. Even today buildings are not big enough and high enough... Altair could 2 sec climb them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MartaVasques
11-24-2009, 02:17 PM

Not to mention A lot of good targets! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And we have that AC comic book coming out set during the Roman Empire... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Raekull
11-24-2009, 02:17 PM
What about one of the statues from the place you unlock Altairs Armor, they were all assassins and all have backgrounds to thier main assassinations,

Or maybe it will be something in the modern world, seeing as the whole point of ACII was to train desmond to fight in the real world.

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 02:23 PM
That thing with umm buildings you see is a little umm .. how can i say it ?? Odd. Even today buildings are not big enough and high enough... Altair could 2 sec climb them
modern buildings are generally smaller as they are built for higher populations so they need more houses in a smaller space were in the past the buildings were generally larger and a lot built by large important societies would be large to show off the power of the society. a lot of ancient Roman buildings are built for design effect more than practicality.

also you have to realise the majority of houses in most modern cities will be lucky if they are more than a century old as buildings much older cant really be re tooled for modern life.

it's why you find so few historic cities in the world that pre-date us by much.

Originally posted by Raekull:
What about one of the statues from the place you unlock Altairs Armor, they were all assassins and all have backgrounds to thier main assassinations

they are most likely not relations of Desmond.

Silhouelle
11-24-2009, 02:25 PM
"Cities would be ones from America, like New York and D.C"

Urk, please no more NYC. Its so overdone, Ubi can be so much more original. -.-

CraZm0nk
11-24-2009, 02:26 PM
I kind of remember seeing 3 pyramids on the holographic wall when Minerva was talking about Desmond must find the temples to save earth. I can't really say that those are the giza pyramids cuz they don't look pointy. But that'll be nice to explore egypt and be an egyptian assassin. There's gonna be a lot of artifacts, secrets and stories that the Devs can play with to get some awesome plot

ACII_Addicted
11-24-2009, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE]That thing with umm buildings you see is a little umm .. how can i say it ?? Odd. Even today buildings are not big enough and high enough... Altair could 2 sec climb them
modern buildings are generally smaller as they are built for higher populations so they need more houses in a smaller space were in the past the buildings were generally larger and a lot built by large important societies would be large to show off the power of the society. a lot of ancient Roman buildings are built for design effect more than practicality.

also you have to realise the majority of houses in most modern cities will be lucky if they are more than a century old as buildings much older cant really be re tooled for modern life.

Well i mean in Greece. I gurantee , not big tall or good for Assassin's buildings were ever build here. With the exception of 3-4 which are sperated in all greece and are all tourist attracting. Everything else was mere buildings , not like Italy's for example ...

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 02:28 PM
I can't really say that those are the giza pyramids cuz they don't look pointy.
they could always be the ones from the Americas, but I doubt it.

@Addict:because things like this (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/Parthenon_from_west.jpg) don't show you the style of building in Greece in the past? no city how they stand now will be the same as they were that far in the past. the majority of demonstrations of stuff that old are mostly ruins now.

Raekull
11-24-2009, 02:33 PM
I still like the idea of a prequel and being subject 16 before he dies http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

maybe he has some interesting ancestors

starkiller1991
11-24-2009, 02:49 PM
For one thing, You know that it has to be a time period after the Renaissance, so that cuts out Greece and Egypt. Japan is maybe a possibility. I believe that wherever you end up, the third game is going to have a lot more time with Desmond. I just hope that they can make it work. The problem Desmond has that Ezio and Altair didn't is that everyone has guns now. he would have to be sneaky and clever.

Spoiler

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Also, if you watched the Truth video, it shows a mountain in the background. I think it might be the mountain in Japan which also hints towards Japan.</span>

Dub_C
11-24-2009, 02:50 PM
It definitely won't take place in modern times, there's just no glamor.

I think its either going to be Egypt (great mythology, natural progression), or in the future (settings similar to those in the truth video).

bushinosaya
11-24-2009, 02:51 PM
We must remember that:

1. Each location and time period have been chosen because they were original, so this pretty much rule anything US related ( which is a good thing because we really need some new themes in games ).

2. Each time period has been chosen because it was a key moment in human history ( crusades, renaissance...)

3. Ubisoft is a French company, though most of their games locations are scattered around the world.

These are the reasons why the French revolution would be a great idea. Troubled era, dangerous rooftops and streets, lots of killing and assassinations to do, and a new kind of revolution ( French revolution is admitted to be a key element in our modern history, especially because it was the climax of new ideas from Europe and America ).

France was weakened by the revolution within its borders and most countries in Europe tried to benefit from this and invade the country. This would allow Ubisoft to use cities outside France as playgrounds http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Now, the fact we've been talking about this too much pretty much rule that possibility out :/

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 02:54 PM
For one thing, You know that it has to be a time period after the Renaissance,
the developers have already said the third game could even be set before Altiars time. if you look at AC2 their main goal is training so they don't have to be just looking for a item, they can be looking for just about anything (including say lost historic structures/towns that time periods further back would allow them to find or see what happen to the city)

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 03:18 PM
because assasins creed was made by dolby digital
dolby digital is a surround sound format http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

bushinosaya
11-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by yomo910:
because assasins creed was made by dolby digital

LOL !!!!

Epic fail. You might want to check the data transfered to your keyboard through your fingers before typing anything. Looks like your Animus is fubar http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mossero
11-24-2009, 03:30 PM
::SPOILER ALERT::

I think that it will take place in modern times, otherwise why have the emphasis on training Desmond specifically to be an Assassin. Also at the end of the game when Vidic comes to get Desmond, Lucy says to Desmond, "let him go, you'll have your chance".

Other than that I think Cyprus as it is mentioned alot in AC2 but I think the architecture would be too similar to that of Isreal and the first game.

I think that Medieval England WOULD be a perfect location, towers, horses, knights, templars. Even things like street beggers, maybe the plague was caused by a piece of Eden?

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Other than that I think Cyprus as it is mentioned alot in AC2
it's also the main location for bloodlines.

o Revan x
11-24-2009, 04:03 PM
I hope AC3 will take place in medieval England or France during Revolution, don't want the stroy to end on AC3 though! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Bring us more.

Mossero
11-24-2009, 04:04 PM
it's also the main location for bloodlines.

Ah didn't know that, haven't played that one.

SgtWe3xY
11-24-2009, 07:57 PM
I am certain that the whole point of these games is to be set in an interesting and A-Typical setting or at least time period for this setting as has been mentioned before. While obviously the next game will heavily concern Desmonds mission to save the planet i think when playing as him it will probably be between animus sessions and not be a free roam style of gameplay, think the abstergo esscape or a tomb mission just more drawn out or even maybe just a kind of interactive cutscene like the brawl in the end credits.

Draven227
11-24-2009, 08:23 PM
After doing all of the data files, I think they were kinda leading towards the other Templar groups in history. Such as the Knights of the Golden Circle during the Civil war. Along with the video at the end after collecting the files they show "Adam & Eve" Running towards Mt. Fuji.

So I can see a lot of jumping around from era to era to try and discover the other connections.

Maybe some co-op in the next game. I know that some people wouldn't want or can't see how it can work. Something along the lines of while playing offline you would have some fellow assassin helping you out with some missions once in a while. In co-op that character would have to complete their own mission objectives helping out the main character while he is doing their thing.

Trace007
11-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Draven227:
Along with the video at the end after collecting the files they show "Adam & Eve" Running towards Mt. Fuji.

I'm pretty sure it's Mt. Kilimanjaro (http://itsinafricayouknow.com/kilimanjaro.jpg).

m3rcer
11-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Trace007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Draven227:
Along with the video at the end after collecting the files they show "Adam & Eve" Running towards Mt. Fuji.

I'm pretty sure it's Mt. Kilimanjaro (http://itsinafricayouknow.com/kilimanjaro.jpg). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Eden (if that was Eden in the vid) would make more sense being placed in Africa as opposed to the Japanese Islands. Of course, who really knows aside from the devs at this point.

ARJAN94
11-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Think about this.

Remember at the end of AC1, everyone was guessing Japan, Egypt and other places. Nobody ever guessed Renaissance Italy, did they?

So what i'm getting at is... you probably won't be able to guess the next location(s) of the game. Ubisoft will choose a location for the game, then they will make some connections to the previous games at the prologue of AC3.

Just my 2 cents, i could be totally wrong.

P.S. It's still fun guessing... I'm thinking Rome & Egypt. Japan is good guess but for some reason i really don't want it to be there.

godsmack_darius
11-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Australia? Come On Subject 16 was practicaly shouting Australia at us

And SPOILER

Altair talking about the island and the picture he showed us on his his codex? AUSTRALIA! lol

keepth3beat
11-24-2009, 10:24 PM

I disagree. I don't think this was stated outright, but I get the feeling that that shrine was built under the Auditore villa because the people within it were descendants of the Auditores themselves. Why were just 6 assassins pictured out of thousands over a course of 300 years?

Plus, one of those assassins killed Genghis Khan (written on his biography), which was something Altair wrote about in one of the Codex pages. He said that were he younger, he would have done so himself, but instead sent one of his sons to do it, so that would make that particular assassin related to Desmond as well.

Originally posted by ARJAN94:

Nobody ever guessed Renaissance Italy, did they?

That's because, truth be told, Italy was completely out of left field. Not only that, but there were no hints whatsoever at the end of AC1 as to what exactly they would do with the next game, aside from addressing subject 16 and just what the hell the patterns on the walls were. In the ending for this game, we have them talking about vaults and showing specific places.

I'm pretty sure the next game won't just have one time period. It would be interesting if they re-lived important, plot-relative moments of the ancestors shown in the sanctuary beneath the villa... But I'd be a bit frustrated by it, since there's no way we'd be able to get to know the characters.

I just hope there's a lot more Desmond in the next game. He and Lucy are growing on me. And Rebecca's hot. >:]

godsmack_darius
11-24-2009, 10:25 PM
Agreed.

And Rosa is HOT

You no, the theif who gets shot in the leg with an arrow

Trace007
11-24-2009, 10:32 PM
I was hoping to see more interactions with Caterina Sforza.

I'd be funny to see her atop the walls of Ravaldino.

(You have to understand the historical reference to get the joke.)

godsmack_darius
11-24-2009, 11:23 PM
Oh, I get it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I love history, espiacially hisyory that happend befoe and still happens today http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jasonmurak
11-25-2009, 12:56 AM
Its most likely gonna be in japan, cuz at the end of the first game when your seeing the images and such, you see yonaguni ( or a word close to that, cant remember of the top of my head) and that is one of the first civilizations in japan.

DimmuB0rgir
11-25-2009, 02:02 AM
I think Medieval Europe would be a great backdrop. I really do not want to see a WW2 backdrop, do we really need another WW2 game?

I wouldnt mind a modern day one...but I just do not want to see this game turned into a shooter.

Egypt would be EPIC. Just imagine the detail they could go into. Viewpointing on top of the Valley of Kings.

Honestly... I live in Australia...why the hell would they base the game here. Leap of faith of a rock?

Ellboy777
11-25-2009, 03:17 AM
Victorian London.

That would be ace http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Vidic666
11-25-2009, 03:57 AM
Okay, all good theories.
Now time for mine, you have to find those temples, but to exactly locate them, you use the Animus because in a more recent ancestor's memory they find a place on Cyprus where there are models of the temples which Altair built, as he saw into the Apple. Also, Altair is there through learning the secret of eternal life, and he guides you, knowing that desmond is there like Minerva.

And on the nonexistant landmasses, why not have them buried in giant caverns under the sea?

PS: Couldn't the "gods" have used the eternal life secret to not die out?

Mossero
11-25-2009, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by jasonmurak:
Its most likely gonna be in japan, cuz at the end of the first game when your seeing the images and such, you see yonaguni ( or a word close to that, cant remember of the top of my head) and that is one of the first civilizations in japan.

There is no way they'll base it in Japan. Asian Assassins has been done to death and would be a rip of Tenchu. I love Japan and the Feudal time period but, I can't see it happening.

kc7sbp
11-25-2009, 04:37 AM
My guess would be that the majority of the game will be a modern setting playing as Desmond. He'll likely be investigating the locations on the codex-map. However considering certain "side-effects" of the animus it may be possible that there will be no actual animus involved in the game, but instead a new mechanic might be introduced to allow Desmond free access to the "memories" of those who are involved with the area. There would really be no point to Desmond actually gaining the abilities learned from Ezio if the majority of the next story arc were spent once again laying in the animus.

caswallawn_2k7
11-25-2009, 05:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:

I disagree. I don't think this was stated outright, but I get the feeling that that shrine was built under the Auditore villa because the people within it were descendants of the Auditores themselves. Why were just 6 assassins pictured out of thousands over a course of 300 years?

Plus, one of those assassins killed Genghis Khan (written on his biography), which was something Altair wrote about in one of the Codex pages. He said that were he younger, he would have done so himself, but instead sent one of his sons to do it, so that would make that particular assassin related to Desmond as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
if you read the info on the statue he only actually killed his horse, so Altiar's son was free to kill Genghis Khan,(if that is mentioned elsewhere) it is said by Mario that the statues are basically there as a representation of the great assassins and act as a good demonstration to the future of the assassins. so there is very little to make you believe they are related in any way other than the fact they were assassins and knew of Altiar.

if Altiar want to make a point about how good the assassins were and the things they did it would go against his point if he used his family as that would say only his family ever became great assassins, look at the very beginning of the game when they are syncing the memories between subject 16 and 17, they both had ancestors in Italy at that time but they wont of been related.

Powd3rdToastMn
11-25-2009, 06:33 AM
it should take place in old time spain when everything is first being built, spanish assassin only thing that really makes sense. i think it could look better than italy

iXzion14
11-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Vidic666:
Okay, all good theories.
Now time for mine, you have to find those temples, but to exactly locate them, you use the Animus because in a more recent ancestor's memory they find a place on Cyprus where there are models of the temples which Altair built, as he saw into the Apple. Also, Altair is there through learning the secret of eternal life, and he guides you, knowing that desmond is there like Minerva.

And on the nonexistant landmasses, why not have them buried in giant caverns under the sea?

PS: Couldn't the "gods" have used the eternal life secret to not die out?
i dont think Altair would stil be alive , since bloodlines is in cyprus i think he will have died there and took his POE in his grave , cause in the game the templar boss goos to cyprus to get his POE . My thoughts though ..

PlagueDoctor357
11-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Not to mention that by the time the family moved to Italy they barely knew anything about the assassins and it was up to one long father to teach his son all about it.

Auditore family crypt.

skotie2007
11-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Honestly if the next game is as good as the second I'm sure any location would be fine with me, but after seeing the story unfold so far it seems like they need to do two things primarily before they run out of time and the Templar's catch them.

First Desmond needs modern day assassin's training I say, after the last ending I hardly suspect that Abstergo will use such a feeble attempt to capture him next time, honestly I was surprised they only came with billy clubs but they were just aiming to capture him after all.

On the other hand though the story points to him needing to find the other "temples" which strangely looked like Aztec Temples. But given that there are many ancient cultures with temples I would love to see an assassin in those time periods say, ancient Egypt, Aztec or Mayan.

Ether way though it would be nice to see a very ancient assassin and their ways of dispatching their enemies or a more modern one.

Lights Out Asia
11-25-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm really hoping for France during the Revolution.

Japan would be so cliche with the whole ninja and assassin thing going on.

mast3rofpuppet
11-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Well since it's the last game of the trilogy, I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a lot of Desmond and modern day. But since they still don't know everything there has to be stuff in the past too. So my guess is the 19th century USA during the civil war or during the revolution of france. But anyways I really think and hope it's gonna be between late 18th century and mid. 19th. and I hope it's not in during WWII we've got enough of that.

skotie2007
11-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by mast3rofpuppet:
Well since it's the last game of the trilogy, I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a lot of Desmond and modern day. But since they still don't know everything there has to be stuff in the past too. So my guess is the 19th century USA during the civil war or during the revolution of france. But anyways I really think and hope it's gonna be between late 18th century and mid. 19th. and I hope it's not in during WWII we've got enough of that.

Really only 3 games? That's a bit disappointing, I mean Desmond is gonna bring the assassins back from the brink of failure, somehow destroy/extinguish the Templar order and figure out how to save the world from some threat from the sun (of which they aren't even sure of what is because the help was so vague) all in the time span of one game?

I don't even think they have any modern day locations for most of the pieces of eden, not to mention they probably don't know which have or haven't been found since most of the assassin's have been wiped out. Lets forget that all of Desmond's "Training" is from centuries ago where combat was mostly fought with swords. Not saying it won't help or you couldn't use a hidden blade in the modern age but I hardly think you would use it over say a sniper rifle or small handguns with silencers

Honestly I hope they decide to continue the series otherwise I got a feeling Desmond is just going to turn into some superhuman Neo like figure in order to save the world, I really don't want to play as superman, I want an assassin.

gizamimikoharu
11-25-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't really understand why everyone keeps bringing up feudal japan when one of the Assassin Ancestors (Wei Yu) is from CHINA; and clearly the kanji written by Subject Sixteen on the walls in Abstergo lab and in the glyphs were Chinese (not Japanese).

If you paid close enough attention to each of the glyphs and symbols Subject Sixteen wrote you'd notice some included Heiroglyphics (Egyptian) and the Nazca Lines (Incan/Mayan).

Also the Assassin Ancestors were Chinese, Babylonian, Egyptian, Roman, Persian, and Mongolian. (if i got one wrong sorry i forget where they're all from). So basically ACIII might be based on one of the other Ancestors, or places the ancestor's were from.

but that's just my guess (although I haven't beaten the game yet; because i DO have a life which involves work, and also coz of a sister who steals the ps3 from me to play DragonAge...)

bushinosaya
11-25-2009, 03:34 PM
1. Each location/time period is original and not overused...

2. Each time period was a key moment in human history ( crusades, renaissance,... )

3. Ubisoft is a French company so it would be natural to use France in one of their game.

So, French revolution is still considered a key moment in recent human history, and the climax of the new ideas and concepts from Europe ( and America ). This is an original them and has not been over used. And this was a time with lots of killing, plots, which would give a very dark AC3 ( which would be great ).

For my part, French revolution, Elizabethan England or Antique Greece would be amazing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Duv3l
11-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Reading all of this, makes me wonder.

Though im pretty convinced there will not be a modern day asassin.
Thinking more like some time line before everybody used guns... And sort out in the animus where the temples are like you see in the codex map in ac2.
you go to a city make a name for yourself to find info on the temple. Then you go looking for it and use that info in the "now" to find the missing pieces. and killing any templars that are also searching for it. with the skills that "bled"on you ofcourse.

Maybe a grandson of. looking for the stuff or as ezio himself same timeline just traveling a lot more makes alot of sense i think.
Same Leap of faith height buildings cause as said before jumping of the empire state building wont work not a stack of hay large enough and the temples woudnt be in any large city otherwise they could already been found.

idrenegade
11-25-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm going to play no matter what, but I would love AC3 to follow any of the hints given. Subject 16 said things about the Civil War. Finding out where and who Desmond's ancestor was during that period would be fantastic. My only concern is the rumor that the main character might end up being female. I'm a fan of the strong male characters and broken down, I would be willing to bet that 75% of people playing the Assassins Creed series games are male. And I think I'm being pretty generous saying 25% is female. So why pander to the minority. Altair and Ezio wouldn't be as cool as they were as females, so why would we think different with the third installment? Plus, wouldn't that mess with Desmond? He's not just seeing these memories, he's living them. Talk about giving a guy gender-confussion.

aHHiTzNoodle
11-25-2009, 06:02 PM
well reading all the posts there are alot of good idea's! but lets face it.....adding the 6 statues in the Villa and the references to other assassins from subject 16 the boys from ubi could go anywhere they freakin want with AC III....except the future...i hope to god they dont go there. that would make me a very angrybear lol.....i will play the next AC as long as they keep the time period original!! no for WWII! No for anytime in america! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Foppezao
11-26-2009, 08:02 AM
It would be epic to see it in Vienna[such a beauty], Prague and for instance Constantinopel[Istanbul] and bring the ottomans back in.

Or spain Barcelona[all the gaudi buildings], Valencia, Toledo

mauricio14
11-26-2009, 08:11 AM
It will probably take place in present day 2012....I mean Desmond now has the hidden blade, it is probably hinting us that the next AC will be in a modern day lifestyle.

caswallawn_2k7
11-26-2009, 08:13 AM
I think it would be fun to go after Vladimir Dracula would be quite cool as he would fit well into the pieces of eden thing (due to the vampire myth surrounding him) the only problem is it's around the same time as Ezio so the only way to explain it would to be for it to be an assassins from another leg of Desmond's ancestry (as the two family lines could meet further down leading to Desmond)

DeSabellis
11-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by mauricio14:
It will probably take place in present day 2012....I mean Desmond now has the hidden blade, it is probably hinting us that the next AC will be in a modern day lifestyle.

It would be nice, but in order actually satisfy everyone's curiosity, it would have to take place over a few games (imagine Desmond just getting a 20-25 hour game to quell every question we have).

Plus they took the Animus... As much as I would love to know, I think it is actually impossible to tell until they release teasers... in a year..

Nathicana71
11-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Been pondering, and while I think it likely that more than one location will be featured in the future, I keep getting drawn back to the idea of the Aztecs. Nazca symbols, the pyramids, focus on the sun, not to mention the theory of the huge meteor that supposedly hit around there thus ending life on a near planet-wide basis ... Cortez, the search for gold, treasure, another piece Eden perhaps? Plenty of plotting and betrayal involved in the history there, plenty of war and factions and all manner of things going on. Could even go south to the Incan civilization as well. Spanish were taking over there too, and timelines could converge. Getting a bit far afield, but there you have it.

Thoughts on what mountain was in the background could mean anything - if events there are as far back as it is suggested, there's nothing to say the same mountain would have survived. Something to be said about the whole 'cradle of civilization' I suppose, but that takes us back to Mesopotamia and the Middle East again, whatever point in the timeline (and they're all fairly tumultuous, by and large).

The files suggest that the Templars got hold of what, at least 2 pieces of Eden, so there's no guarantee those places noted on the map haven't been compromised, again making guesses as to location just that - a guess. Symbology was taken from a number of sources, again making it difficult to pin down.

Regardless, looking forward to the next installment, even though I have to say the Italian bit has been a fave of mine so far. Love the characterizations, the language, the setting, the details, and the history. Given the attention to details and quality of things done so far, expecting great things of the next game.

DrMidnite
11-27-2009, 07:04 PM
I think that the next game may take place at different locations around the world. But Desmond will travel to them in the present (their present). Then the bleed affect will take place and he will relive the life of that particular Assassin that found or knows where the PE is at that location. Then he will have to go and get it in the current time line.

Freespace535
11-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Modern times would be cool in theory, except for the fact that it would completely change the gameplay in general. The archers in AC were one thing, in that they fired almost quickly enough to be believable. But if you caught the attention of a guard with an Ak-47, he isn't going to look at you, raise his gun, fire once, wait a minute, fire again, pause, fire, etc. As cool as it would be, it wouldn't be Assassin's Creed.

kosmoscreed
11-27-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't want a game fully set in modern world, that is not AC. One of the main points of AC is to revive key point of humankind past. It's obious that modern day is going to be more present in AC3, but it shouldn't be the main focus until the end of the game.

wieetsguy
11-28-2009, 07:25 AM
In the last part of the session, where Minerva talks to Ezio, she tells him that he must access another temple and then you can see a Mesoamerican pyramid projected on the wall.

Some people have said that you might be a pre-Columbian American assassin, but that just sounds plain ******ed sorry no offense to those who thought of that :P They said something about 17th century Spain, when the Spaniards were conquering the Americas, and a Spanish Assassin during that era makes much more sense (for example, how can he have an ancestor in pre-Columbian America? And what kind of primitive technology would he have, when Mayans and Aztecs didn't even invent the wheel yet? Plus, the point in all AC's has been going in ANCIENT forgotten temples and ruins, you might as well have made AC1 in Biblical times during the First Temple or AC2 when the Vault was built.. kind of defeats the purpose).

Bushinosaya: Indeed, except I don't know why the French revolution. That's just one country's revolution. You also had the American Revolution.. it's part of the "Age of Reason". How about MIDDLE AGES, RENAISSANCE ERA and then the COLONIAL ERA? Makes much more sense considering that in AC2 you have "undiscovere lands".. seriously people some of your ideas are kind of silly :P

Cryps1
11-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Ive just been thinking that Desmond will have to travel to these "Temples" which was discussed in Ezio's conversation with Minerva. Once there, he may start having hallucinations again revealing the secret history of the templars and assassins.

jimbo11235813
11-28-2009, 11:56 AM
I think Desmond will be our new assassin. Don't know what cities would be good, but I think it will take place in different countries while we play as Desmond, but also the bleeding effect takes Desmond back to an assassin also searching for the temples (as Ezio told his children about his experience and so on), or a number of assassins from each city find Templars in their cities, finding the temples by accident (though I'd expect only one assassin from the past to be played.) From what Desmond sees as the past assassin, he then guides Lucy and the others to the temples.

Whatever Ubisoft chooses to do, I'll be happy.

GhostlyMagic
11-28-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm surprised barely anybody mentioned either China or Mongolia......Its true the glyphs and symbols horde any other symbols pushing Japan off to the side.

You guys say that Ubisoft wants to try original and least expected areas? Ok, lets see. I say Prussia would fit well.

Reading this Wiki about Prussia probably may work.
- Dutchy of Prussia - 1525 - 1618
- Royal Prussia - 1466-1772
- Brandenburg-Prussia - 1618-1701

The nearly extinct Templar's could probably hide their pieces of Eden in Prussia in plain sight to **** off the Assassin's after being cornered by the Assassin group and those chased off from Italy and the Crusade conspiracy (whats left over of them anyways).

Using both the bleeding effect and the Animus 2.0/3.0 we could have Desmond recall his events in both Prussia (Bleed) and Feudal Japan/Egypt/China/Mongolia/Korea/Singapore/Malaysia (Animus) - or vice versa.

Desmond could probably spend the first half outside the Animus to learn how to control the bleeding effect and getting to know his surroundings. The second half I'm assuming could be a park official incident where the RCMP (Cabin up north) question the intentions of the group through illegal hunting of food :P.

*Waits for someone to post so he can add his Japan rant as to not make his post overly large*
Edit: Horrid typos working against my post.

Kaxen6
11-28-2009, 12:36 PM
China or Mongolia would be awesome. Minus Romance of the Three Kingdoms, there's not really that much stuff about China that I see referenced in video games.

>_> Bleargh, I haven't read all the codexes and glyphs and such yet so I'm incapable of defending any plausibility though.

aequitas31
11-28-2009, 03:06 PM
AC3 should be set in revolutionary russia circa 1917, that would be sweet. Think about all the assassinations there were, the chaos in the nation that needed to be retuned to order.

Dinger75
11-29-2009, 08:47 AM
I am pretty sure I know where and when it will take place but to tell you I have to say where it seems that Ubisoft drew its inspiration from which could spoil things for you. So....

***POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILER ALERT***

The myth that is the Priory of Sion. The Priory, it is said was once the same organisation as the Knights Templars. They seperated in 1188, a mere 3 years before the events in the original AC game (would explain how Al Mualim knew so much about the Templars if he is a member of the Priory).

In AC2, a link exists with da Vinci. It is said that in his later years, he became the leader of the Priory of Sion. It is also said that da Vinci was a student of René d'Anjou (previous Sion leader). One of the things René taught him was the secret of "DNA ancestral memory retrieval" (this theory was told befory the AC games existed). This may explain why da Vinci needed dead bodies for research in AC2.

This leads me to think that the Priory of Sion is actually the force behind the Assasins. It also holds clues as to where the next game will be, as there is another very famous person who is said to of been a leader of the Priory. That man is Sir Isaac Newton (physicist, mathematician, astronomer). This would also hook up with all the science references in the Glyph puzzles in AC2 as science as we know it started with Newton.

Another connection between AC and Newton is simple. Newton invented gravity because an "apple" fell out of a tree.

So the time will be mid 17th century and the location will be England.

This would be a great time to set the AC game in. Within just a 15 year period (end of English civil war), you had religious issues (cause of the war). Execution of a king. England as a republic. England as a military dictatorship. The plague. The birth of science. All finishing with the great fire of London in 1666 (which gutted the medieval City of London inside the old Roman City Wall)

Avl521
11-29-2009, 01:53 PM
ok I wanna tell my guess too:
England in the times of Henry VIII.
Henry was born in 1491, extremely close to ACII setting, Henry became prince of wales when his borther Arthur died in 1502 so Henry became prince and married Catherine of Aragon (minor spoilers: connection to spain... the spaniard...) Henry becomes king in 1509 and according to what I know his main way of dealing with traitors and opposition was execution (execution... assassination... quite similar) Henry was unable to have a male descendant with Catherine so he desperately searched for other women looking for a son which led to his second marriage with anne boleyn this whole matter had many troubles since he basically got divorced and then married again with anne, Henry also had trouble with rome and this lead to England separating from the chruch and Rome so in England the religious authority was no longer the Pope, but Henry himself.
Now, that was just a bit of the conflicts ha happened in he era, plus I bet there was conspiracy to kill henry or other people as almost always kings suffer from treasons however henry was not murdered.
So why do I think this setting works for a third game: MAYBE MINOR SPOILERS OF AC2

1. We have eleven years missing in Ezio's history, according to the assassin guy (don't remember his name) in this years there was sth going on with Caterina Sforza according to her biography Caterina was held hostage by Cesare BORGIA SON OF POPE ALEXANDER VI A.K.A RODRIGO BORGIA but anyways Ezio does say Caterina sounds like her type of woman... Caterina's husband is murdered in 1488 which is incidentially the time of sequence 11 and 11 years are lost in memories which could lead to a descendant, Forli is attacked by Cesare Borgia son of the pope and in 1499 Forli and Caterina fall in the hands of Cesare Borgia incindentally 1499 is when sequence 14 (Ezio's last and non corrupted memory) takes place. so Caterina dies in 1509 which is also the same year henry was crowned, I don't know if there's relevance but a possible descendant or Ezio himself could have ties with england with a trip or sth.

2. the date goes from possibly 1499 age in whic AC2 ends through 1509 date henry is crowned king to 1547 date of his death or even earlier considering we're interested in the Assassin and the pieces of eden not in the king or politics.

3.The date is close to Ezio, close to the Italian rennaissance, close to the ending of the game, close to America being discovered... the date also supports the gameplay aspect of Assassin's Creed I and II, so you don't have WWI or WWII so the game doesn't become a shooter but you can still have banking and monetary aspects and Ezio's gun (having the monetary aspect is the reason I think ACIII can't be done in earlier times) since ACIII cannot be done earlier it needs to happen after ACII but if it is too after guns enter so gameplay becomes more difficult to happen.

4.The location is England, many towers, castles, Knights, Kingdom, Horseback Riding etc. it just seems a good place and it allows for monetary system to exist, for ezio's hidden bladepoisongun to exist so it seems about right.

5.Don't know if possible since I don't know much bout Cesare Borgia but he died in 1507 according to wiki obviously AC doesn't actually follow death dates since pope alexander VI died in 1503 not in 1499, so cesare could be the next main villain and if he moves to england then Ezio could follow him there or sth.

sorry if the post is long I tend to speak a lot =P

deserk
11-29-2009, 03:05 PM
As someone said earlier, a setting in Japan would be so incredibly cliche (we have enough games about bloody Japan as it is). I hope they never make the setting there, and I'm sure Ubisoft are far too creative and original-thinking to do so.

I'm hoping for Ancient Rome, Greece or Egypt. Though I'm guessing they would go for something more obscure. However, I'm quite sure that whatever it is, its undoubtably going to be quite good (as long as it isn't in Japan!). I mean I didn't originally have much enthusiasm for this Renaissance Italy setting, but AC2 really fired up my interest for this period with the breath-taking environment it had in AC2. So I am sure we're going to get something good!

yadejenlo
11-29-2009, 06:29 PM
know that ive killed people as desmond, i REALLY want for the next game to be in modern times, PLEASE ubisoft, and you saw how AC2 took place in different cities in Italy, well then AC3 could take place in different cities in the world, i would love to use cars and guns, and seriously cars wont ruin the fun of climbing at all, crackdown proved that, and last, I WANT TO PICK UP BODIES OF GUARDS AND THROW THEM FROM A REEAALLY HIGH TOWER, and i think garbage trucks would make a good modern pile of hay

L3ros
11-29-2009, 07:23 PM
I want to see ancient Egypt or revolutionary war France.

France would fit the theme and setting the most as there are plenty of important historical people that disappeared or were murdered during that time.

What we really do not need is a feudal Japan ninja setting, that is just as boring and overdone as WWII.

Also the conspiracy themes and symbology of the AC games are mostly ancient European or middle-east, rarely far-east.

*SPOILER*

Edit: As for the temples...didn't anybody else notice the symbols and lines on the world map we saw when we assembled the codex map?

yadejenlo
11-30-2009, 11:57 PM
the future, please, i dont care if you have to remodel cities ubisoft, i want a motorbike instead of a horse and i want my sniper rifle

Deity Matrix
12-01-2009, 12:03 AM
My only comment is this: As much as I love the settings of the games, and I don't care where the next one is, or if it's in a history period via the animus.

My only question is this- Why have Desmond learn all the assassin skills and prepare him to be a modern operative, if he is only going to work THROUGH the animus and occassionally get out to fight some random security guards???

My only idea is that Desmond will play an even bigger role in the next one, maybe taking up a large share of the play time along with his time in the animus, for AC3.

Orao94
12-01-2009, 01:29 AM
19th century Russia

DimmuB0rgir
12-01-2009, 05:25 AM
Yeah I wouldnt mind late 1800's early 1900's Russia. When the Tsar was loosing power, Rasputin was misguiding the Tsarina. There were several hints to Rasputin in the game, one hint even said he possessed a piece of eden.

Orao94
12-02-2009, 01:39 AM
Nicholas II had a piece of eden (I think it was the staff), but Rasputin took it to Tunguska for research, Nicholas lost control resulting in revolution, and the Assassin's blew it up in the Tunguska event, destroying it. This was in one of the glyph puzzles http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Orao94
12-02-2009, 01:46 AM
I would really like to see the French Revolution as well, as it is said to be a pretty dodgy time period and there are tons of rumors of heavy templar/mason activity.

Redfeather1975
12-02-2009, 02:18 AM
They can work together with Konami and make Silent Hill the setting.

I got a feeling that AC3 will have a wide range of settings, as it might be searching for them temples across the globe, and it could span many years throughout history.

yadejenlo
12-03-2009, 01:16 AM
people dont think desmond has a personality because we havent played as him much, all we kno is that he doesnt understand sh it of what he sees in the animus

TrilliumNero
12-03-2009, 01:30 AM
Personally, I think the hints that the hints dropped in the dev blogs in he special content DVD, suggest South/Central AMerica. Personally, I'd hate this. I think, for the sake of story, locale, costume possibilities, intrigue, etc... it should be set in Europe and North America, during the late 18th/early 19th centuries. The period between the American revolution, and Napoleonic Wars would be perfect. And bonus: there are loads of old photos, maps, etc., to help reproduce accurate models of New York, Boston, London, Paris, etc...

And the period was rife with secret societies, some benign, others less so, so writing a story that involves the Templars and Assassin's would be pie.

Behemothpanzer
12-03-2009, 02:47 AM
I don't know if it's been posted yet, but AC3 needs to be in Victorian London between about 1860 and 1890.

In addition to having Jack the Ripper make his obligatory experience, the architecture of the city at that time would lend itself so well to the engine and mechanic that Ubisoft has built for AC.

Just imagine the vista of the rooftops, chimneys belching coal smoke into the sky as startlingly nimble members of Scotland Yard pursue a Daniel Craig-voiced, great-coated assassin across Whitechapel, or the Strand.

There is also the egyptian connection as it's during this period that Britain occupied the Suez canal after purchasing it from Egypt. A Templar-led plot? Methinks YES!

Also, considering Ubisoft's dedication to historical accuracy and education, there is a wealth of information on the London of that time. Heck, if Ubisoft wanted to they could probably build an nearly inch-by-inch recreation of London for us to leap and climb around.

I'm already thinking of what it would look like to synch from the view from the top of Big Ben, or St. Paul's.

AronK68
12-03-2009, 06:50 AM
I've been hearing all this about WW2 for AC3. About this i say definetly yes, however not yet. IMO from renaissance Italy to WW2 is a to big step. Now here's wat i've been thinking:

The early 1500's
The Fountain of Youth, located at the lake of the moon. A secret place in the New World(America) known only by the Aztecs. Spanish Templars hear about this and know it must be the work of some piece of eden. Together with the Conquistadore, the Templars travel to America to find this piece of eden. Ezio's son (or grandson) fully trained as an assassin by dad and/or grandad ezio. Hears about the new Templar movement and decides to go after them. The Aztecs know it all. These are their lands, their gods, their secrets.

Now this is just and idea for a next game to make the timejumps a little shorter. So how about it. A bit of Aztec magic, mixed with early spanish colonisation in a nice Caribbean Jungle scene! please comment!!

Ascorius
12-03-2009, 08:35 AM
I would be surprised larger portions of AC3 wasnt set in "present" time. First of all Desmond is put in the animus for training. Second of all Ezio is the "prophet" since Desmond sees what is happening through him. Minerva is talking directly to Desmond, and tells him to find the other temples. That has to mean that something has to be done in present time by Desmond. Desmond cannot change or directly do anything in the animus, he can only observe the past. Therefore we will eventually have to do something with Desmond. My point is that they can only gather information through the animus, so if the story is to reach a climax it has to be in present time.

Im pretty sure we will see some past events through the animus or the bleeding effect. But Im very sure that the "main" events will be something that Desmond himelf will experience.

Present time would be a nice scenario for AC3 in my opinion. I love stealth killing in AC1-2, but to be honest you never have to stealth kill. Combat is so easy, so I mostly use stealth kills because its alot more satisfying, and challenging than straight out combat. Bringing guns into the game, would mean that you would have to be more sneaky, and that would be a good thing imo.

Present time also presents the option of using cities all across the world. Shanghai, Cairo, London, Paris etc.

Avl521
12-03-2009, 09:36 AM
no one read mine apparently... it seems in this thread people just post without reading others ideas... and mods wonder why people keep opening new threads hahaha

Ascorius
12-03-2009, 09:48 AM
I read your post avl. But the missing years, will be covered in DLC content for AC2. The attack on Forli etc. And I dont see why Ezio would continue his vendetta, he doesnt even bother finishing off Rodrigo at the end. I also doubt the son of a pope would become powerfull in England during the reformation. He would probably get deported or burned.

Avl521
12-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Ascorius:
I read your post avl. But the missing years, will be covered in DLC content for AC2. The attack on Forli etc. And I dont see why Ezio would continue his vendetta, he doesnt even bother finishing off Rodrigo at the end. I also doubt the son of a pope would become powerfull in England during the reformation. He would probably get deported or burned.
Lol yeah I didn't know of the DLC at that time.
the way I see it ezio finished his vendetta and he has the apple of eden... maybe even the staff so he may become like Altair and start investigating this pieces of eden and finding things.
yeah maybe you're right, however I think it's the most appropriate time for the next game since I believe going back is not an option and going further in time would get guns into the game.
Also Cesare could start as main villain, ezio kills him quickly and then we get a true main villain pulling the strings... who knows http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif also the reformation started when Henry became king and decided he needed another wife, at the very beginning Henry was loyal to the church so at the very beginning the son of a pope could indeed be powerful... then Henry decides he needs a new wife and starts the reformation so the powerful son of the ex-pope needs to die... there comes Ezio... and maybe at the end Henry turns out to be the main villain with a piece of eden (since it's england... I say Excalibur http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

bruinboy
12-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
*spoilers*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...on_202037&feature=iv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOTiQUUSq4M&annotation_id=annotation_202037&feature=iv)

altair changes alot in the few months after AC1. gets the apple of eden, becomes more scholarly, wants to learn more, and says he travels east. Has more than 1 son with Maria, they travel east to assassinate Genghis Khan...maybe you will play as his sons? or back to Desmond, he has to locate the "Temples" that Minerva was talking about?

I agree. I am almost certain it will be in Mongolia as one of Altair's descendants, but not with as an elaborate story as Ezio's, there'll be much more of Desmond trying to stop the Templars from putting the spheres on satellites to control humanity.

Sparty2020
12-03-2009, 12:55 PM
I'd say Conquistador. Italy and Spanish are nearly alike and are the closest of all Romance languages. Roberto is obviously Spanish and Spain has been called the "Most Catholic Nation" for generations. In the details I know of the new game for the DS Ezio even goes to Spain to rescue captured Assassins. So yea... he is Italian which is nearly identical to Spanish and could question Roberto then go incognito into the heart of Catholic power (now that the Vatican's done anyway).

I say Ezio's son (hes already 40 for Christ's sake, I doubt he'd be young enough to wait for Columbus to discover the nation and then sail through trecharous waters to get his job done) would be a Conquistadore and go to Cuba where he would obtain a piece of land and upgrade Cuba similar to upgrading Monteriggioni.

The Aztecs/Mayans/Incans worshipped the sun, so much they sacrificed humans for it, and they came up with that doomsday theory that the world's going to end soon. They had huge temples and cathedrals, advanced civilizations, and it would give Desmond training in using firearms and sneaking in the world's greatest military at the time. So you join Cortez to ransack the beautiful Aztec capital but while the huge battle is occuring you can sneak into temples looking for Pieces of Eden. Who knows, Cortez was once welcomed warmly by the Aztecs but due to an unknown event he and his band were labeled murderers and expelled... maybe you had a hand in it.

Then there's Florida and the Foutain of Youth... Altair was looking for immortality, had a map to Florida, and had the resources to secure immortality. Gives more awnsers to that myth and what happened to the dude. Maybe he wrote more Codex messages you are supposed to uncover to meet up with him and find out what he did with the fountain.

Finally theres El Dorado, the Golden Man. Definately a myth, but could be a piece of eden that paralyzes men... or turns them into zombies a la Uncharted lol.

A spanish origin would explain why Desmond looks so hispanic (yes I know who he was modeled after) and why his family was able to secure a village large enough to train in but secure enough not to be discovered by civilization.

As to the history of the assassins:
Japanese Ninjas > Went to China to assassinate the emperor/king > Went to Persia to assassinate Xerxes > Stayed and did Alexander the Great in with poison (seriously, I hate the idea of assassinating one of the greatest men in history and my role model just because they wanted poison as an example) > Went Westward to escape succession wars to Rome > Did in Caligula > Worked for Augustus Ceasar to do in Cleopatra > from egypt they just remained eventually birthing Altair

My Theory anyway

EDIT: BTW for all saying that the temples are a bad environment, it would be interesting since the Spaniards themselves said that the capital of the Aztecs was more beautiful than any city in Europe. These weren't cave people guys, these were religious zealots like the Egyptians, who did the pyramids, except they go unhampered by conquers and other religions.

Ancient temples conflicting with Spanish Architecture. Sounds interesting to me...

G0dsHolyMember
12-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Have any of you seen the movie 13th Floor?

I have a feeling that Desmond is actually just another vision in *an* Animus, and that this is all further observation of something much much bigger.

Sparty2020
12-03-2009, 01:25 PM
God... Please... Don't bring this into the Twilight Door... Please...

UBOSOFT-Gamer
12-06-2009, 04:09 AM
personally i think europe and north america would fit best. centraleurope in the 17th century and northamerica in the middle of the 19th century. when usa began to grow.

brog011
12-06-2009, 06:04 AM
I think that there could be room for multiple locations to be visited as a backdrop to desmond moving from safehouse to safehouse, while reliving several pastlives. The theme of control within the first 2 games could include...
an intro segment about a mayan/incan ancestor as 1)the 2012 phenomenom is insinuated in AC2 end. 2) they worshipped the sun 3) they had large pyramid/temples 4) Cortez and the spaniards could have been templars. Egypt seems essential for part of the movie, however China's forbidden city would provide some very interesting exploration/stealth action, maybe Desmond could infiltrate to ain a peice of eden. For modern day stealth against cameras, a passive peive of eden that boosts stealth/ shuts down electronics would be helpful. And another to calm down/control civilians to maintain incognito status in the modern world.
Plot wise I see Lucy trying to sacrifice herself to save Desmond from Abstergo but being saved by animus upgraded desmond, who turns out to be a hybrid/mixed blood ancestor of the "ones who came before". Desmond may be captured by abstergo and have to face vidic who has several peices of eden on his person, and the remaining peices collected. Ultimately I think the majority of humanity won't be saved but vaults that will protect areas of earth from major tectonic shifts will save some, maybe only desmond, the other assassins and a few civilians/abstergo employees survive the aftermath leaving desmond to lead them as Altair led the assassins in AC1.
Further development into the bleeding effect could show development of Desmond understaning multiple languages outside the animus and even falling back into past memories by visual triggers as he explores current locations/ temples. I also see South Africa as one of the modern day locations. Maybe the sequence before Desmon is captured by Abstergo.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
12-06-2009, 08:05 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A...d_(series)#Discovery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_(series)#Discovery)

XtremeGoose
12-11-2009, 05:55 PM
SPOILERS
I know that many people are against a modern day ACIII because of the fact gund would be needed, but this is actual scientific theory: If a geometric pole reversal occured it would send out an enormous magnetic force, also known as an EMP. This EMP would render all modern repeating guns useless, and so the game would be mostley with knives, swords and prehaps the occational pistol, shotgun or rifle.

godsmack_darius
12-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by XtremeGoose:
SPOILERS
I know that many people are against a modern day ACIII because of the fact gund would be needed, but this is actual scientific theory: If a geometric pole reversal occured it would send out an enormous magnetic force, also known as an EMP. This EMP would render all modern repeating guns useless, and so the game would be mostley with knives, swords and prehaps the occational pistol, shotgun or rifle.

true but the continents arnt gonna move like big boats, their gonna be mashed up, broken, destroyed etc etc.

And free running would be very difficult, and it would be a different feel, concidering you cant "die" in the other Assassins Creed games, only desyncronized,

Colbinile
12-11-2009, 10:12 PM
I would, in a way, prefer in the 1600s and adapt by another 200 years. I agree that modern times is stupid and ******ed. No offense, but this is my opinion. It would be far too boring for me. I guess you could add more depth with Desmond's story. Because I felt there was too little time put in with Desmond Miles. Egypt would be a interesting location.

CrookieMonster
12-12-2009, 06:23 AM
My Theory is based on a few things:

A few months ago when preordering AC2, the salesman said there is going to be 2 more, one set in japan, the other set in rome/italy

I hope the next one isnt in Japan but anyway.

The Creative Director said that he will become the ultimate assassin in the next one, and seeing as Desmond already knows a few things from ezio, i think the first half of the game would be another assassin, and the second half would be Desmond, becoming a modern day assassin to defeat the templars and find all the pieces of eden.

Thats what i think

(Quote from producer Sébastien Puel) "We could make 35 of these [games]"

inkaworld
12-13-2009, 02:36 AM
AC 3 location: PERU

Blood-drop
12-13-2009, 03:20 AM
Well I think i would by good in the carribian so then we could have a pirate assassin that would be good. Also it means that the ansestors(spelling!) would be getting closer to America over the ages. But is there a pice of eden close near there

UBOSOFT-Gamer
12-15-2009, 11:40 AM
America i guess, because

Assassin's Creed II: Discovery takes place during the gap in Ezio's memories which are not explored in Assassin's Creed II. It follows Ezio as he travels to 15th century Spain to free his fellow Assassins, who have been imprisoned under the guise of the Spanish Inquisition. In the process, he discovers that the Knights Templar are planning to sail west to discover the New World.

ProdigyCedar
12-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Ancient Egypt
Phoenicia(Ancient Lebanon)
Ancient Greece
Ancient Cyprus

BrakoVonDoom
12-16-2009, 01:04 AM
Personally I woud really like to see the next game being set in London.

It would be great climbing upto Big Ben and then diving into the river lol. But what I would really like is if they could some how throw Jack the Ripper in there.

Because of how well they did the conspiracy theories in Assassin's Creed 2, perhaps they could do something really good with the Jack the Ripper character.

Perhaps there could be a prophecy, where by the Templars discover that a great assassin will be born of a *****, leading them to send out there best assassin to make sure it doesn't happen.

This assassin would be none other than who the world come to know as Jack the Ripper, but the name is just a cover as to divert the authorities away from the real murders. So whilst the Templars assassin goes about his mission to find and erase the correct woman, killing each woman until he finaly gets the right one. The Templars have the Masons create a diversion by throwing the police off track by creating this Jack the Ripper persona.

Plus the game needs to be more than a trilogy. It is too good to just skip 600 years or so, to where Desmond is now the main payable character in modern day times.

Jonathantol
12-16-2009, 07:05 AM
I beileve the next game will be set in Peru,perhaps during WW2 or maybe as the spanish invaded The New World.

The next game will be in Peru since in the end of AC2 *****SPOILERS***** that god/alien or w/e told Desmond about the Sun Temples adn she probaly ment the Mayans or Aztecs (probaly Maya tirbes) and that the world lies in their hands (the assassin's).

So i think it will be somewhere in South America.

genxraver
12-16-2009, 11:22 AM
honestly i have been reading all these posts and its apparent that you guys have not read any ubisoft interviews.

the main storywriter (i forgot his name) said that as long as he is writing the story for AC3, there will be no WWII time period because it has been visited way too much in too many videogames. i think he implied that the storyline would be in a well known historic time period that hasn't been "explored" as much.

and i agree with that whole heartedly

ziljn
12-16-2009, 12:20 PM
honestly i have been reading all these posts and its apparent that you guys have not read any ubisoft interviews.

the main storywriter (i forgot his name) said that as long as he is writing the story for AC3, there will be no WWII time period because it has been visited way too much in too many videogames. i think he implied that the storyline would be in a well known historic time period that hasn't been "explored" as much.

and i agree with that whole heartedly

Me too.

Do you have link?

pollyprowler10
12-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Revolutionary America or Spanish Inquisition IMO.

imflamedcro
12-16-2009, 01:47 PM
if it is in ww2 i´m gonna be sooo f****** mad!!!!!!!!!!

genxraver
12-16-2009, 09:55 PM
http://blogs.ign.com/UbiAssass...d/2009/10/22/131037/ (http://blogs.ign.com/UbiAssassinsCreed/2009/10/22/131037/)

there's the link. and the proof that you guys need. anyone who thinks that assassins creed 2 should take place in world war 2 is totally nuts. that era has been beaten to death in countless video games. yes there's a lot of mystique and drama that you can create with the AC universe...but still......it will get old really fast.
my guess is that you will play in the universe of one of the 6 assassins whose statues are in the secret lair in montiggeronni(?). or maybe you will play as multiple assassins in order for ezio to learn various skills. but playing as multiple assassins can possibly hurt the gameplay because how many detailed universes can you create in one cd?

UBOSOFT-Gamer
12-19-2009, 06:48 AM
i hope for thirty years war period.

but i guess it will play in New Wolrd since AC2http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifiscovery follows the Templer, exploring the new world at the edn of the 15th century

mojsarn
12-19-2009, 08:49 AM
My biggest question is if they only make the games chronologicly, meaning oldest time period first (1191) and newer games closer to our own time, if they skip that they have alot more to choose on, because soon they hit a era where every soldier use firearms.

And I dont know how that would work, bad I think, but as long as theyre are limited in fire rate as the hidden gun, it should work.

But Id love to see a older setting again before the 1400 : D

katz_bg
12-19-2009, 12:12 PM
My guess is we'll visit the valley of Kilimanjaro.
After all that's where "The Truth" video was taking place.

chizzy12
12-19-2009, 03:10 PM
I think it's going to be about DESMOND traveling around to world to find those pyramids or something. They also give us a hint when Shaun says something about not need the animus to visit memories. So Maybe desmond goes to locations that his ancestors went to. Find what he needs by watching them. Then gets it himself. Would be pretty bad *** to have lots of locations. After a while the same scenery gets annoying. Anyone think i could be right?

Avl521
12-19-2009, 03:33 PM
hmmm... I find myself more and more interested in a full game with desmond... but it just seems that it would look too much like splinter cell...
however I think if they can get together the free running from AC2 and improve it even more by making it more responsive and more fluid and taking some moves, even motion capturing actual people doing parkour, the combat from AC2 with more moves, more possibilities and better enemy AI, the open world setting with the free running, the hidden blades, stealth and some stuff from Splinter Cell Convivtion, like the last known position, the mark and execute and some stuff and the great AC story, we would be playing one of the most awesome games ever, however it just seems too unlikely for ubi to change the gameplay that much, it may even need a new engine or serious modifications to create such a game...

EDIT:
I just got an idea for a setting to Assassin's Creed III. so here it goes:
<span class="ev_code_RED">Setting/Place:</span>
Since the whole point of AC2 was to train Desmond to become the ultimate Assassin, I think the next game should have the whole first sequence to train Desmond in the north cabin (was it a cabin??) in the new gameplay mechanics (if we're gonna be in modern times we need new mechanics to keep Desmond a match against guards with guns, officers with shields, stealth mechanics to infiltrate buildings with cameras, maybe hacking cameras etc. that way we get proper training and are provided with equipment to get familiar with.
<span class="ev_code_RED">Setting of the Game:</span>
Paris in modern times... well... Assassin's Creed Modern times with Abstergo so like... 2012 with a Templar company, what's great is that devs can play with the cities and don't need as much historical accuracy since by 2012 in an alternate universe run by Templars and a super company called Abstergo... many things could change. So the city obviously would remain Paris, with it's low constructions that seem just right for parkour/free running and some tall landmarks that serve as view points (Eiffel tower, Notre Dame, Basilique du sacré coeur, the numerous palaces and gardens, La defense etc.)
this is an image of the city at night:
Paris at night (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e6/Paris_Night.jpg)
if you make a close up, buildings (more like houses since they're not that tall) are close from each other (except where the big avenues go through) which lends itself to good free running. Also below Paris, there is a large number of catacombs and tunnels so that could be the Assassin Tombs of the modern times. like a passage that takes you from a landmark to the catacombs and you start the puzzle.
<span class="ev_code_RED">Gameplay:</span>
We Play with Desmond, the ultimate Assassin, in Paris, Free running should be improved adding moves taken from actual Parkour, making the free running in game faster, more fluid but at the same time more flashy, slides should make an appearance too, you know sometimes sliding below a fence is faster than climbing over it and then jumping from it. Instead of making various cities you could make just the whole paris, after all I'm pretty sure Paris (a city with 11 million people) is bigger than the whole populace of the cities we saw in AC1 and 2 so having the game just in Paris, and to transport yourself large distances, like from one side of the city to the other you can use the metro just like fast travel stations in AC2.
For costumes blending and stealth, nowadays people wear many different things, however I think people would notice a medieval Assassin.
So keep at the beginning the Desmond's hoodie maybe with the hood on so it looks like we have an assassin in our hands, give him a more modern hidden blade (blades actually) jeans and shoes fit for free running and parkour. Then as the Game advances I'm sure you can buy clothes in Paris with all those Euros you're gonna have. Then the assassins (you, Lucy, Rebecca, Shaun, the modern Leonardo) can equip those clothes for an assassin. bullet proof vests, some kind of armor (I mean if in AC2 you can read the codex and Leonardo decrypted it I'm pretty sure you can learn how to make Altair's Armor in modern times which gives us the ultimate armor in game which I'm sure the guys at Ubi will come up with an awesome design.) protection for your knees and elbows (http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) something like that so Desmond ends up looking extremely bad***.
you can use the Last Known position mechanic from Splinter Cell Conviction so guards search the last place you were seen on.
Also allow us to Assassinate without weapons, say going with your fists from behind an enemy and pressing square allows you to break his neck or sth.
Also allow us to switch between dual and single hidden blade to make more counter variety (the same animations get old after a while) Also improve enemy AI plz!! make them smarter and harder to kill!! give them more moves, make them more varied, more intelligent, make them search your Last Known Position Area, not just the exact place etc. Also, since Desmond has shown signs of the bleeding effect issue, make him struggle against it a few times during the game, say he's on a mission, and suddenly he sees everything like with eagle vision, and then Al Mualim, or Robert or Borgia you know previous enemies attack him, off course it's just an illusion but it would be interesting and maybe he can use the bleeding effect to find artifacts locations. Also improve the notoriety system, taking down a poster can't take your notoriety down 25% specially now that we're in a bigger city with more people, and computers and news which can show your face in the whole city within minutes, make us have posters to rip of, people to kill, people to bribe, computer files to erase, to lower our notoriety.
<span class="ev_code_RED">Graphics:</span>
Ubi, you have made one of the most beautiful sceneries in games I have ever seen, Florence, Venice, Monteriggioni, Acre, Jerusalem they all look awesome, they're pretty real BUT!!! improve characters please!!! Most of the time they look very good, but sometimes... they look so bad sometimes that I get distracted from the realism and it takes me out of the game... it's mostly in cutscenes though... Lucy, Ezio at the beginning looked bad sometimes... improve that please.
maybe I'm dreaming too much, but at least I explain things I want and ways to improve the game, and that's what I think we need.
If Ubi decides not to make the game in modern times or in another city or place at least improving free running, improving AI, making the game harder, adding more moves and more ways to kill, making notoriety more difficult and vital for missions, stealth harder and actually stealthier and improving graphics would greatly improve the game. Sorry for the mess I made, and the weird ideas that are all over the place.

Dylan-101
12-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Assassin's Creed cannot be finished as a series until Desmond kills off the templars in his time (or gets killed). I heard somewhere that AC will be a trilogy but they could easily squeeze 2-3 more games as long as they finish with Desmond ending it, wether it's for the better of the worse.

woowu
12-20-2009, 02:00 AM
I can agree with practically any historical location since that's why I buy these games for. So as long as I don't see firearms in the next AC is all ok.

opisamra
12-20-2009, 02:40 AM
So far, what Avl521 has described has lead me to begin to allow thoughts of AC2 being set in the present (or rather, future). However, I still think that a game set in the past would be better. That is one of the main attractions of the AC series. Historically accurate (or atleast, accurate as possible) and beautiful cities. If it is set in the present, I definitely don't want it to be set in New York or something but Paris sounds nice.

The only thing is, I don't see how ubisoft would be able to adapt the gameplay to include guns (and no matter what anyone says, if the game is set in modern times, it would be plain stupid to leave out guns) without completely changing it and deviating too far from the original that we all love so much.

I would also hate for the game to be spread across several time periods for several reasons. The main reason being that jumping between several periods and characters would make it hard for us to connect with the characters.

I'd write more stuff but I cbb atm.

P.S. I thibnk that this series should be more than a trilogy. Atleast 5 games long. How in the next game is ubisoft going to answer all of teh questions that we have and end the game without either leaving out key points or making it feel rushed.

hewkii9
12-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Half Victorian London, half Modern South America.

It's be simple to combine the two - two big cities [London, Rio De Janiero], a Kingdom-city for each, and some linear sequences [inside the temples for Desmond].

The story would bounce through them all, using the Bleeding Effect for Desmond to access his Victorian memories for whatever reason. It would go roughly like this -

Linear Modern Sequence [getting to Rio, reintroducing controls]
Open-World Victorian [introducing ancestor, game really begins here]
Open-World Modern [story progression]
Linear Modern [first temple]
Open-World Victorian Small town

and so on, blending the two time periods and tomb-like sequences with open-world gameplay. At the end of the game, Desmond/ancestor would be able to access both worlds freely, switching in/out of memories through the Start menu [as Desmond has learned to control the bleeding effect].

vivoboi38
12-21-2009, 02:19 AM
Hi everyone,

Yes Feudal Japan would be nice. But do not forget about the Assassin outfit. Do you think Feudal Japanese people would wear outfits with hoods? Maybe a straw hat would be fine, but HOODS?

I was thinking Victorian Era. London, perhaps? We've got Jack the Ripper, he's stealthy, unidentified, and he's a killer. Suits the job of an Assassin. But going back to my point about hoods...

It seems that after the Renaissance era the fashion had evolved so much that hoods can't fit in anymore.

Can anyone suggest a setting for AC3 that can involve a good storyline that merges with factual events, has the technology of new gadgets and that looking at a shadow passing by over the rooftops still feels mysterious and scary, and that people still wear hoods? It's hard, but please do try, people.

sgt.rayen2
12-21-2009, 02:47 AM
you guys are really crazy if you want a more recent one! If so, the game is going to lose all its charm and it is going to look more like an ordinairy shooter! That simply is out off the question.
It won't be the same locations either. It must be some very important cities for that perioid. It seems indeed very likely that ist going to be egypt and surroundings. But who says they aren't going further back in time?

Brett_Master5
12-21-2009, 04:53 AM
In my opinion a credible time period for the third game to be set in would be during both the American and French Revolution, with additional locations being in England (London).

They are both key moments in time, and both are said to have been Freemason/Templar led plots to overthrow their respective tyranical reigns of the governments. Not to mention both revolutions are within 30 or so years of each other.

Yes guns would come into play, however, look at the time period. The guns being used are one shot weapons before having to be reloaded, much like a bow and arrow. Damage from the bullets would have to be tweaked or through the apple that Ezio gains and codexes similar to Altairs that he writes armour could be forged that could reduce the amount of damage taken from a single bullet. They could also have Benjamin Franklin as the Q in this game. He was a known Freemason/Templar, but so was Leonardo Da Vinci. Not to mention Benjamin Franklin has ties to America, England and France, so visiting him in any of those locales for decryption and upgrades are not out of the realm of possibilities.

How did the Assassins come to the America's? I've read that Ezio travels to Spain to free more assassins. How is not concievable that he had a child that traveled with him there, found a place to live his days out while the child went to the newly found continent who put down roots there?

As for the modern setting. I think that that would be ok. No where does it suggest that the Templars have guns. Though it's not unlikely. If they had guns, the guards at the beginning and the end of AC2 would have used stun guns instead of clubs to knock Desmond out. I like Desmond a lot as a stand alone character but they really haven't fleshed him out. The one thing that comes to mind when I see him is his height. When I was attacking the guards at the end with the hidden blade it really looked like he had to stretch to get them in the neck.

As for the Mayan/Aztec/Egyptian et al theories, well remember that those puzzles and memories are not Desmonds, they those of Subject 16's who has a different lineage to Desmond.

The Japanese setting would be fine for me. Ninja's are just Japanese assassins and Samurai are Japanese Knights. Altair also suggests through the codexes that the Assassins are just an organization that was remade from a previous concept. We also know of at least one Assassin that travelled East before Altairs time so it's not prudent to think that Al Maulim knew of a sect of Japanese assassins. The weaponry also harkens to ninjas. Anyone else thinking blow darts? The architecture of fuedal Japan lends itself to free-running, and there would be enough buildings around for view-points.

That's my two cents. It's worth exactly that in the grand scheme of things!

AC2_Xtreem
12-21-2009, 09:57 AM
I dont know about location or time period but maybe give the player an option whether to be a templar or assassin.

maybe include multiplayer. and create your own assassin charecter

StrikeEagleOne
12-21-2009, 05:13 PM
[SPOILER]

This is actually a little bit of an realization I had in response to this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...408/m/2161034708/p/1 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9011039408/m/2161034708/p/1)

I came up with this idea when we confirmed that Desmond has a direct ancestral link to Adam and Eve. We know this because Subject 16 was of the Adam and Eve bloodline and both Subject 16 and Desmond had Ezio as their ancestor, so they are therefore of the same bloodline. This means that, in theory, Desmond could re-visit Adam or Eve's genetic memories. And with Subject 16 revealing his Animus session to Desmond, he would have plenty of reason to do so. Re-living this genetic memory would answer so many questions, concerning the "Gods" and the birth of humanity, as well as information about the previous celestial event that wiped out the "Gods" that could be used to save the earth back in 2012.

I think that AC3 (or part of it at least) could take place not in Revolutionary France, Feudal Japan, or World War II, but in Eden, where it all began.

If you want more information about the multiple half-"God" bloodlines theory and and the link to Adam and Eve, use the link above. (My post concerning the multiple bloodlines and AC3 in Eden is on page 3, at the bottom).

nightmare77777
12-22-2009, 03:19 AM
I think Paris on 1700's would be good http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

GaM3r_010
12-22-2009, 04:05 PM
I want it to be in Italy again. It is my favorite place in the world and my dream vacation.

Praedator93
12-29-2009, 04:40 AM
I think that the game will take part during the great european revolutions (1780-1810) probably in France ... there will still be possible the use of mele weapons combined with primiteve fire power and will respect the ascendence in time AC1(Curuciades)AC2(Renascence)probably and logicly the next global important event in history is the industrial and civil revlolutions ...and about the Egypt thing ...it would fit because Napoleon travelled and fought the english in Egypt ...so you wold be some kind of personal Assassin for Napoleon travelling with him in all his great campaigns like you helped Lorenzo de Medici in AC2...this is the most logical ideea for me

DeuxAC
12-29-2009, 06:08 AM
Well, I'm about 90% sure it will take place in modern times, In a battle with the Templars. But, I don't know how much I'd like it, One of the main reasons I bought Assassin's Creed back when the first one came out, was an old timey assassin game. Plus, our little Assassin Blade and parkour skills would Pale in comparison to machine guns.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
12-29-2009, 06:48 AM
There are 8 locations of Temples mentioned by Minerva that could possibly help save the human race, and more than likely where Desmond and the other modern day Assassins will be heading in the third AC game.

* New York City, NY, USA; possible locations include the American Museum of Natural History, the New York Library, Madison Square Garden, etc. It's hard to determine because New York city has a huge underground network system, it could be hiding in plain sight, or it could be so far down that no one could possibly have seen it, able to rise up from the earth at will and just hasn't for thousands of years.
* he Galapagos Islands
# Somewhere in the middle of the country of Cameroon, Africa; Cameroon is literally in the heart of Africa, covered in dense jungle, it would be completely possible to hide a temple in it and never see it from the sky above.
# Somewhere in the Badain Jaran Desert in China.
# Somewhere in the South Pacific Ocean, parallel to the one on the Galapagos Islands. Possible coordinates are S 44 degrees, W 91 degrees (the west part is the longitude that the Galapagos islands are located on)
# Hidden in the fjords in Northern Norway, possibly close to the peninsula/islands near Hinnoya, Norway.
# Somewhere in the middle of the island of Java, Indonesia. (Possibly Borobudur Temple, the largest Hindu Temple in the world)
# Somewhere in the ocean south of the southeastern tip of Australia.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Piece_of_Eden

Lets see which locatiosn they will do in AC3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SouthPaw117
12-29-2009, 08:39 AM
i know this sound retarted but you should be able to be ezio's son who could be some freaky assassin prodigy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
just a thought http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SouthPaw117
12-29-2009, 08:40 AM
actually it would be awesome if you were french
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

mikeh1294
12-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by SouthPaw117:
actually it would be awesome if you were french
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Because you might actually see a Frenchman fight then? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

EmperorMustard
12-29-2009, 03:22 PM
An Americas theme could be interesting, and Minerva does mention temples whilst the 'holograms' show 3 temples, which definately look Mayan. Not sure how they would incomporate alot of the elements from AC1 and 2, especially scaling buildings, as they weren't exactly huge cities etc. There is of course the whole 21st December 2012 world ending date predicted by the Mayans, and Ubisoft love their theories.

However, I would love a Roman theme, mainly because it's my favourite period in history. They could really branch out with a Roman theme, as it was an empire that conquered vast amounts of land including the aforementioned Egypt, Greece, England etc, aswell as having Rome itself. Constantinople would be a great city to do, and Assassins Creed is a game that is based around cities/towns. There's plenty of those in Rome. I can't think of a game that has done Roman life really well, but Assassins Creed seems the perfect platform to do so, as they brought Medieval and Renaissance cities to life very well.

I would hate a modern day Assassin's Creed, too many modern day shooters already. I think Ubisoft would rather avoid going further than the dawn of Gunpowder, as it would change the game completely...and not for the better in my eyes.

It will probably be a period nobody has guessed. Few people would have guessed Renaissance Italy, but with Leonardo Da Vinci, Niccolo Machiavelli and Rodrigo Borgia alongside brilliant cities like Florence and Venice, I think it was a great choice. I love the way they incomporate real history and real people into the game, so I hope it will be a period where there are more interesting people (Americas - Cortez + the Conquistadors, Roman Empire - Caesars, Marc Anthony + Cleopatra, the list goes on).

Pat0307
12-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Doesn't anyone here pay attension to the glyphs? i can only name two, because they were significent enough to be remembered; one was a myan temple, and the other was a chinese building that i dont know the name of. It was a drawing that was the shape of a building like this [link].

http://www.asiavtour.com/uploa...n/20070928103655.jpg (http://www.asiavtour.com/upload/section/20070928103655.jpg)

these could ne clues to where the game takes place. another possible place could be ancient or modern Eden(even though Eden has "disappeared"). you could play as Adam, saying that he IS related to Desmond. As desmond travel to the locations indicated by the codex pages, you run around has adam discovering what is in each temple, and what happend in the Truth video. There has to be a reason why they never showed Adam's face in the Truth video.

another place could be Greece due to the fact that the ones who came before were Greek Gods.

Insanegamer219
12-29-2009, 11:14 PM
First off I do not understand why everyone is saying there going back in time to ancient egypt or even further back then that. First off Desmond is trying to become "The Ultimate Assassin" why would he go back in time to do so. Ubisoft even said they planned to make AC into a trilogy. And at the end of AC II they said they had he had to go back in the animus.So you put one and one together and maybe you get a half and half game. The First half of the game would be sometime between 1600-1950 almost guaranteed and the second half Desmond becoming the Ultimate Assassin.

Ghost_Theta
12-29-2009, 11:30 PM
jurassic era.
meteor didnt kill the dinosaurs
ASSASSINS DID

jokes aside, assassins creed in new york with guns? what is this grand theft auto? AC2 is actually alot like grand theft auto 4 already, like where you have to escape the circle guards/police are looking for you then stay away from them, etc.

story is crazy enough, make some connection to japan with ninjas/samurai. it comes after altair and ezios era so it all works out. please no guns.

galenwolf
12-29-2009, 11:55 PM
First post.

Early Victorian London would work, Britain has very narrow streets which would work for parkour, and thieves where rampant in the 1830's as where murders, and *****s.

However the only problem would be the "London fog". 1 million + chimneys giving off smoke all day made it near damn impossible to see at night.

However it could have the right atmosphere.

I know we will have to have it put into the modern world at some point but i wouldn't want it set in American cities. You could still have it modern day and put it in a old European city. Venice hasn't changed at all, and Rome, Paris, London etc only have a few new additions and they are generally kept within the normal bounds of the cities normal height. Also, the police here ain't normally armed - so no guns in the hands of the police.

(this is just a bit of tomfoolery cos its 6:50am and i haven't slept yet.)
There is also the fact the Eden Pieces do not have a real limit on what they can do. Whats to stop UBI requiring Desmond requiring an artifact thats meant to be destroyed by 2012 and in desperation he finds #100 which can "show visions of the future or let you relive the past" - this would be what the templars made the Animus from. However #100 is a lot more potent in how it works. Instead of showing him the past, it just throws him back into that time period, period. He gets to recover the time, we get to hear him say "what the F***" again when he realises he isn't in an ancestor (cos he just walked by) and if its any time near 1500 we could get to her Enzio go mental when he see's himself walk through the door and call himself Desmond.

Soccermad21
12-30-2009, 03:18 AM
Hey, Id think it would be cool if you could play as one of the assassin's you have to get the asassin seals for in the villa. such as the egyptian one who killed cleopatra. that would be awesome, or the Chinese or Mongolian assassins. Or even better playing as multiple assassins mostly the six.

bistem
12-30-2009, 05:23 AM
i was thinkin about sum locations as well, since ubisoft said they wanted never before seen locations how about sumthin like durin the american revolution or the civil war you could find out how the templars crossed over to the new world leading upto abstergo an **** or maybe a pirate setting in the caribean or sumthing but a good game then coz lets face it most pirategames suck

InfinityStreak
12-30-2009, 07:25 AM
I think it will take place in africa, here's why:

In the truth video, Adam and Eve are seen on top of the building and you can clearly see Mt. Killmanjaro, Mt. Killmanjaro is in Africa, also one of the dots on the codex pages are in Africa, close to the location of the Mountain. Further adding to this theory is that Lucy herself said that Vidic tagged events in the Middle East and Ancient Africa.

Quoted from the Assassins Creed Wikia.

mlsracer
12-30-2009, 08:16 AM
i think it should stay the same time period. assassin's creed3 should start off on the date that it ended on in the 2nd one. History is a huge part of this game and that is what really pulled me in. And the great story line and great fighting styles ha. They should have Atlantis on there. like Ezio finds Atlantis and the last temple is on there and he destroys it and it is lost forever but the world is saved? maybe. but if they have guns and city's or, and cars, and not the horses and sword fighting and hidden blades, it wouldn't feel like assassin's creed that much anymore if that happened. But i think we'll be playing as Desmond a lot in the third on also which should be fun too! Also i think that Rome would be a great place to start it out? this is just my opinion. Either way i'm really excited for AC3 to come out!

B2G_Rogue
12-30-2009, 09:51 AM
Based on the map which you reveal on the codex wall, i think that the next game should take place in Mongolia, its had its fair share of assassins through the ages, and i think taking on the mongolian armies of Gengis Khan or other mongolian leader would be great, other locations on the map include Cameroon west africa, Robinson Crusoe Island off south east austrailia, a grupe of islands off east coast south america,An area around New Hampshire USA, Area north of Norway, and an area around Bali, this is just a theory a i thought that the map shows us the locations of the othe apples

Ragnar---
12-30-2009, 10:01 AM
It could be set in Eygpt (Cleopatra)
Or in Mongolia (Genghis Khan)

The Eden could be buried in Genghis Khans tomb due to it never being found http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

StarGlitter
12-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Please let Assassins Creed 3 be set in Feudal Japan or China.

You can let Desmond have ancestors that spanned from different countries, ethnicities and personalities. Hence Desmond Miles could have a Japanese ancestor assassin or even a FEMALE Japanese ancestor assassin.

You have already covered the Middle Easr in AC1, and Europe in AC2. The French Revolution and Medieval Europe would be boring as it would be in Europe again.

If AC3 is set in Japan, then there could be samurais and ninjas and army soldiers. There would be geishas (courtesans equivalent) on the roads and cherry blossom trees and temples.

younas456
12-30-2009, 02:39 PM
i don't know but something tell me it's egypt alteast a litle bit because they have all this pyramids and history in it... just my theory

Charlie_Romeo
12-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by StarGlitter:

You can let Desmond have ancestors that spanned from different countries, ethnicities and personalities. Hence Desmond Miles could have a Japanese ancestor assassin or even a FEMALE Japanese ancestor assassin.

You have already covered the Middle Easr in AC1, and Europe in AC2. The French Revolution and Medieval Europe would be boring as it would be in Europe again.

If AC3 is set in Japan, then there could be samurais and ninjas and army soldiers. There would be geishas (courtesans equivalent) on the roads and cherry blossom trees and temples.

i remember having that convosation awhile before AC2 came out, i even got suspended over going on about if we could have a female assassin, that brought up alot of oponions lol. But i personally would hate iit to be in Asia, i dont want ninjas ect, ninjas and assassins are diffrent things in my opinion but wouldnt mid having a female assassin.

Ragnar---
12-30-2009, 04:25 PM
They should keep it as a guy because we have gotten used to the male characters even though they are different people, it would be wrong to change it.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
12-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Charlie_Romeo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StarGlitter:

i remember having that convosation awhile before AC2 came out, i even got suspended over going on about if we could have a female assassin, that brought up alot of oponions lol. But i personally would hate iit to be in Asia, i dont want ninjas ect, ninjas and assassins are diffrent things in my opinion but wouldnt mid having a female assassin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree with you. personally i would hate it too to be in asia and i am not that interested in feudal japan or ancient china. but that's just me.
but as i think about it, i could live with china more than with japan. but best would be not in asia at all, including mongolia or india, whatever.

holy land, okay, maybe arabia but not beyoned

Ragnar---
12-30-2009, 05:47 PM
i agree with you. personally i would hate it too to be in asia and i am not that interested in feudal japan or ancient china. but that's just me.

I wasn't interested in Italy but now I am http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Briankelly130
01-01-2010, 10:37 AM
I remember something that was said earlier on in this thread about the locations being during time periods that were all based on human progression (Crusades, Renaissance). What about England during the Industrial Revolution, you know the time and setting of books like Oliver Twist.

It would allow for high buildings since everything (or almost everything) had huge chimnies and towers where the smoke would come out, for the archers problem, well there were guns back then but they had to be reloaded constantly so that might work.

I'm not sure if there were any major deaths that could be associated with this period but it's something different and not over-used.

swacus
01-01-2010, 10:10 PM
I would like the Boxer rebellion/opium wars in China, or the unification of Germany. hey, it meets what ubi wants, a place not visited by many games. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Bigodon
01-01-2010, 10:51 PM
EDEN - atlantis? will be really awesome and crazy if we could go to eden in desmond memories for get awansers, but something for end of game like in the vatican assault, but a bigger eden place to explore, get itens, storyline stuff, etc.

Jamoras
01-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Wouldn't colonial Mexico make chronological sense? The mayan calendar is the root of the 2012 doomsday theory, and the game is set in 2012. Also, Desmond ancestors had to get to America someway, and going through mesoamerica would likely be the way they came.

Orao94
01-02-2010, 03:16 AM
In the codex pages, it is mentioned that Genghis Khan was around that time. Altair thought that a P.O.E could be involved, so he thought that he had to be stopped, but he was too old to do it, so he would sail to asia/mongolia with his family. There he'd teach his sons the ways of the assassins to put a stop to Genghis Khan. This is like the second last codex page. Asia at this time could be a possible setting for Ac3.

There are only 4 settings I could see in the historical aspect of ac3:

Russia in the late 19th or early 20th century, French Revolution, the American Civil war and the war for independence from Britain.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
01-02-2010, 03:56 AM
Ezio Auditore da Firenze was told to come meet his fellow assassin Antonio, leader of the Thieves guild of Venice. He made his way to Antonio, to find both him and Luis Santangel, a Spaniard who needed the help of Ezio. Christoffa Corombo, Luis' accomplice, had a meeting with Rodrigo Borgia, who was interested in Christoffa's plans to sail west. Luis suspected it was a trap and needed Ezio to rescue Christoffa. Ezio rushed to the meeting and found out it was indeed a trap. However, Christoffa was successfully rescued by Ezio.

Then, Ezio travelled to Spain to rescue fellow assassins who were being held under the guise of the Inquisition, only to uncover a Templar plot to discover the New World...

i guess AC3 plays a big part in the New World, because of the story of AC2http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifiscovery

Kravs13
01-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I have a couple ideas on where assassin's creed 3 could be.

1)Animus Glitches and Desmond is stuck jumping through memories in no particular order.

2) I don't yet know how, but you could track Desmond (or a new animus subject, maybe even a girl) back to some time in ancient Asia, so they could put a kind of samurai spin on the game and reveal a second group of assassin's. This option could provide more outlets into a fourth game.

Kravs13
01-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Orao94:
In the codex pages, it is mentioned that Genghis Khan was around that time. Altair thought that a P.O.E could be involved, so he thought that he had to be stopped, but he was too old to do it, so he would sail to asia/mongolia with his family. There he'd teach his sons the ways of the assassins to put a stop to Genghis Khan. This is like the second last codex page. Asia at this time could be a possible setting for Ac3.

There are only 4 settings I could see in the historical aspect of ac3:

Russia in the late 19th or early 20th century, French Revolution, the American Civil war and the war for independence from Britain.

I like the way you think but the setting of AC3 can't get to modern. Asside from the hidden wrist pistol of AC2 any guns would make the game lose the feeling of being a real assassin. I mean I know Ezio does some stuff that is imposible (preforming leaps of faith of of 50+ foot tall building), but if he's in the civil war, everyone will have guns and he'll have to be like a Superhero to dodge 20 on-coming riffle shots.

kamikaze17
01-02-2010, 02:09 PM
I hope it isn't in Asia because you'll probably just be fighting ronins and it will be ninja's creed. I think the other wanted place, Egypt, would be bad because it's a part of the middle east and I really don't want to travel through the desert on a camel to get places. I think during the founding of the U.S and during revolution would be ok or french revolution. Any place in Europe would be fine with me.

Nemesisxx420
01-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by kamikaze17:
I hope it isn't in Asia because you'll probably just be fighting ronins and it will be ninja's creed. I think the other wanted place, Egypt, would be bad because it's a part of the middle east and I really don't want to travel through the desert on a camel to get places. I think during the founding of the U.S and during revolution would be ok or french revolution. Any place in Europe would be fine with me.
In my opinion i think its a possibility that it may be the Mayans.. with what they were hinting about with the earths magnetic field and the sun causing a cataclysmic event.. Just a theory any ideas?

SirSublime
01-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Haven't thought too much about storyline with these suggestions but I think the writers will tie up enough in AC2.5 to give them free reign to explore anywhere.

French Imperialism of Africa
One of the only eras I can see giving us an opportunity to explore Africa and tie in with the Garden of Eden story. This would be difficult considering the lack of conspiracy surrounding Africa, this would have to relate to the French and be based mostly around ports.

Victorian London
Plenty of story and controversy here but I'd mostly be excited at the prospect of free running over a smoggy central london. Firearms are a hinderance but seeing the industrialisation unfold would be superb, also having Brunel or Edison as our cryptographer/engineer would be awesome. I'd expect a lot more espionage/reconnaissance if this were the location.

Edo Era Japan
Been mentioned a couple of times already, features and storyline write themselves with an array of fighting techniques and weaponry originating from this era and plenty of controversy. The fact that the storyline, atmosphere and even musical style is spoonfed to you may put the writers off due to cliché.

16th Century Russia
Easy tie-ins with controversy surrounding the rise of Ivan the Terrible and scenery was a lot different to how people often perceive Russia.

Mongol Empire
Leaves a lot of room to manoeuvre in terms of storyline if it becomes tough to tie stories together, can pretty much rewrite this whole era and most people wouldn't question it.

Medieval England
There's lots of tired story lines here that we've seen time and time again so the cliché of the lone-knight would have to be avoided and the sub-plots would have to be very unique but it could be a master-stroke. I think if the assassin was a Robin Hood style figure it could work but personally I'd stay away from this.

Mesoamerica
Again, unlimited room to manoeuvre in terms of storyline and some stunning landscapes to offer. This is one of my firm favourites.

Modern Day (Anywhere)
Presumably eventually the series will come to a close with Desmond fighting as a present day assassin in a splinter cell style environment. I'd be very surprised if they introduced this as the main location so early although we do need a lot more information about Desmond in the next game as it's difficult to empathise with him at the moment.

Ancient Greece/Cyprus
This would be incredible if done right, visually I don't think Ancient Greece can be topped. Asclepions, Theatres, Olympic Stadiums, Rhodes, countless wars and controversial figures to include, also a healthy collection of polymaths and thinkers to become our new Da Vinci.

Babylonia
Would be a slightly tired formula but seeing the tower of babel and the hanging gardens in game would be amazing.

Bavaria (A century or so after events of AC2)
This would offer a direct timeline following the renaissance period, it could also be the tired English medieval story disguised as something fresher with the bavarian palaces and saxon culture but still familiar to the fairytale world everyone seems to wish would work.

Late 19th Century Russia
Again firearms need to be overcome but there's so much conspiracy surrounding Russia it's impossible to ignore, even suspicious locations such as Yamantau, Zhiktur and the parallel underground tunnel system under Moscow. There's so much to explore and that's without exploring the controversial characters such as Rasputin.

Rio De Janeiro (During the Napoleonic Wars)
Perhaps Rio could have been a meeting place for Portuguese dignitaries and military figures during the Napoleonic Wars, giving us plenty of targets and a great excuse to free-run over the Favelas of Rio.

I'm sure I'll come up with some more given time and maybe be able to expand on these previous ideas, I'm sort of just typing on autopilot right now.

Faranoosh
01-31-2010, 06:35 AM
For anyone whos played MGS4, I think AC3 will have a similar layout.as the animus is in the van at the end of AC2, You would play in multiple different locations to locate the peices of eden while you are travelling to egypt,japan etc.then at the end of each act, become desmond and retreive the artifacts like snake after each mission.

DarkAutocon
01-31-2010, 02:39 PM
i think that AC and ME are linked. so tht AC3 IS ME3 omg
at the end of ME3/AC3 shepard is standing alone, billions of dead bodies around him with lots of blood. The screen turns white and u step out of the animus.
Desmond , "WTF?"
Lucy, "we found a way to live your descendants lives!"
Desmond, " ahh fu-"

xCaptainAmazing
01-31-2010, 05:55 PM
I have no theory, but I would like the game to take place in two time lines. The present, with Desmond, and 19th century England (like Sherlock Holmes) could be cool.

spyrochick101
02-01-2010, 08:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cornik22:

Seconded.

I do hope that Desmond has a big part in the third game, though. It took me a while, but I'm really starting to like him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same Desmond rocks now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I do want it to be a lot of present time, but I think having it in multiple locations/time periods will make it more interesting and help the story come together in the end. You know a big epic/dramatic ending? That's what I want. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

nightcobra
02-01-2010, 11:51 AM
also i am curious as to who the grandmaster of the templars is in the modern times.

he he maybe we're gonna assassinate a few of their key members and it turns out that **** cheney (sorry if misspelled) is a templar.
the real reason he shot the guy beside him was because he knew too much or that he was an assassin.

list (don't take it seriously):
d. cheney
jim kong ii
bill gates
fidel castro and brother
and many more...

catysuewho
02-01-2010, 05:16 PM
To me, the ending of the game pointed to a LOT of modern-day content in AC3. Which is unfortunate because I don't like any of the modern-day storyline. Though I think I read somewhere that the dev team said they WOULDN'T set it in modern times because they wanted to explore unusual time periods?

Ancient Egypt would be awesome. So would Ancient Greece... both of those options are wide open for working in tons and tons of mythological goodies. I personally LOVED the setting of AC1 because I am a *** for all things Middle East, and being so, would love to see the game set in Ottoman Turkey. Unfortunately the heyday of the Ottoman Empire was right around the same time as the Italian Renaissance so that wouldn't be very different in terms of time period.

Feudal Japan would be a cool setting but I feel like that wouldn't really work very well. Plus, like someone else said, Desmond isn't Asian.

nightcobra
02-01-2010, 05:42 PM
they said overused modern times, specifically the world wars. nothing of the sort was mentioned for desmond's current time

catysuewho
02-01-2010, 05:58 PM
okay, thanks for clearing that up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SteelCity999
02-02-2010, 12:29 PM
I know this is from Wikipedia but I think this says alot about how they can easily set AC3 in this time period. It would be easy show how the peice of eden was used to control the masses....all the executions.....and the supression of the church from having their hands in everything. It mirrors some of the basic themes of the first two AC games - in terms of enlightenment, etc. Plus Ubisoft will not want to make another engine to run the last game and will most likely keep to cities that can be set up similarly (if you notice that there are alot of similarities in city setup between the first two games so they did not have to start from ground zero) so that would rule out some exotic locations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Revolution

PolarizedxD
08-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Ill bet a million dollars that its present day. AC 1 was designed to set up the Assassins Vrs. Templars and to show the power of the Pieces. AC 2 was to set up Desmonds story with the ending and the truth videos, think about this they are set in 2012 which on December 21, 2012 the world is supposed to end. And if you look at the computer for the first part of the game it is September 3, 2012 giving you about a 3 month span of this game in world. Desmond is gona do like the AC Brotherhood, and go around gaining new Assassins and sending them out to help with his work while also founding out more at the same time. And at the end hopefully he sets off the Temples or the world is skrewed. So in my opinion its gona be all present day very fast paced because if you think about it being September 3, 2012 and ending in December 21, 2012 well just think how much time went by after AC 2 ide guess its towards the end of September by then.

PolarizedxD
08-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by catysuewho:
To me, the ending of the game pointed to a LOT of modern-day content in AC3. Which is unfortunate because I don't like any of the modern-day storyline. Though I think I read somewhere that the dev team said they WOULDN'T set it in modern times because they wanted to explore unusual time periods?

Ancient Egypt would be awesome. So would Ancient Greece... both of those options are wide open for working in tons and tons of mythological goodies. I personally LOVED the setting of AC1 because I am a *** for all things Middle East, and being so, would love to see the game set in Ottoman Turkey. Unfortunately the heyday of the Ottoman Empire was right around the same time as the Italian Renaissance so that wouldn't be very different in terms of time period.

Feudal Japan would be a cool setting but I feel like that wouldn't really work very well. Plus, like someone else said, Desmond isn't Asian.

Woah the AC main story line is boring? its about an assassin getting captured and eventually escaping the templars and learning about the end of the world and having to stop it.... Maybe you think its boring because your mind been traped in the Animus but get a RL game im pretty sure your gona be in love.

PolarizedxD
08-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Faranoosh:
For anyone whos played MGS4, I think AC3 will have a similar layout.as the animus is in the van at the end of AC2, You would play in multiple different locations to locate the peices of eden while you are travelling to egypt,japan etc.then at the end of each act, become desmond and retreive the artifacts like snake after each mission.

I will keep going down the list.... If you hadent noticed by the end of AC 2 the pieces of eden mean nothing to the bigger theme here. The only point to them now is so the Templars wont screw it all up with the pieces. But main story finding the temples. Only use for the pieces to gain access to the Temples.

PolarizedxD
08-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Also AC 3 is the last one btw so its it period they either do or dont succeed and only have at max 2 months to do so. And btw I doubt guns will be a big thing I think there is more a respect thing since this war has gone on forever. plus its on the DL they dont want to go publicly killen ppl. not with a gun atleast.

primerib69
08-20-2010, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Dt_Shinigami:
Also AC 3 is the last one btw so its it period they either do or dont succeed and only have at max 2 months to do so. And btw I doubt guns will be a big thing I think there is more a respect thing since this war has gone on forever. plus its on the DL they dont want to go publicly killen ppl. not with a gun atleast.

Not sure how not using guns would necessarily be on the DL. You know how many people shoot each other in public?

firelegendmush
12-11-2010, 01:07 PM
In the case that it is in modern times solely, here are some fav city settings of mine:
Toronto, Canada (Largely for the novelty http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)
New York, U.S.
Moscow, Russia
Tokyo, Japan
Alexandria, Egypt
Athens, Greece
Paris, France
London, England

I think it probobly will be in modern times because they were discussing making more spinoff games like ACB, meaning that they are probably thinking of continuing historical stories after tying up desmond's story.

"also i am curious as to who the grandmaster of the templars is in the modern times."

Obama is a templar http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

F4H bandicoot
12-11-2010, 01:19 PM
isnt the templar gradmaster alan ricken? and vidic is just below him because everything of worth comes from ricken or is sent to ricken

firelegendmush
12-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by bandicoot17:
isnt the templar gradmaster alan ricken? and vidic is just below him because everything of worth comes from ricken or is sent to ricken

According to the wiki he's simply high ranking.

k0br4
12-11-2010, 01:42 PM
wherever it is I just hope that Ubisoft make it totally epic (seeing as it's the last game) I think I'd prefer alot of different locations personally..

RzaRecta357
12-12-2010, 11:13 PM
They have to churn out another game in 2011.

I think they'll have two more games before the end then.

Cause Desmonds story was probably planned to release in 2012 one month before the sat launch.

Nutella0Mutt
12-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Ok I want to know if people have changed their opinions on where AC3 will take place now that Brotherhood is out. The ending is so WTF, and Shaun was hinting at something big.

I won't spoil anything until more people return to this topic, but a lot more things are hinting at the French Revolution era.

In an interview Ubisoft said AC3 will be the last game FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS, so they are looking to make more games after a short break. That is excellent in my opinion because there is a lot of deep stuff here.

In response to people wanting modern times, Ubisoft said they want to stay away from overly done places, and the Modern time period is the most exploited area. Guns are so over played. I really hope we don't have modern times for a while.

In response to female assassins. I was thinking about this the other day. As a female, I don't feel any need to "even out the playing field" or establish "gender equality." Plus the male assassins are hot to look at! If we look at Ezio's era as an example, many women were married off at 14, and had babies soon after. Ezio becomes an assassin at 18, when a girl would already have a couple of babies. Also, if the girl didn't get married off right away, she would want to have children sometime between 16 and 22. That is prime assassin training time. Even in modern times, women have children from 23 to 30, which is a majority of their adult youth. So a female assassin doesn't make sense. Also, if she wanted to continue her bloodline (which she would have had to do to be accessible through the Anibus) she absolutely COULD NOT DIE.The male assassins can be more suicidal become they might have a woman safe back home with child or the family (like Ezio's mom), but the women would have to be very careful.

Now I'm thinking back to the Egyptian female assassin, and she used poison and snakes to kill her targets. In my opinion that's a lot less risky than assassinating head on, so I can see how she would continue her line. So if we have a female assassin she would have to be super stealthy, or use a less-direct method of killing.

MCB280
12-13-2010, 03:22 PM
WW2 would be good or WW1 it would be fun trying to find out the whole plot that the Templars did in world war 2 that or in the 18 or 17 century or very early 19th century

ChaosxNetwork
12-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Places I want it to be in are;
Ancient Egypt, Like yourself as there many possibilities and theories to toss around.
Imperial Japan, lots of interesting environments plus I want the Assassin to be a submission to the "Carte Blanc" competition
Spain, mixture of the first two reasons from the first two places.
But I think it will Be in the French Revolution due to lots of hints in Brotherhood. Small chance that it is in American Revolution(Just before and after) but I hope not.

Colossus_1191
12-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Probably various locations considering the current day assassins need to find all the temples. And the temples are seemingly scattered everywhere.

I personally like England and Egypt. England has the cities to jump around in, the beautiful countryside and Stonehenge, which is where a vault is according to the map. Egypt because it also has a vault, and many historical areas and a desert landscape could be cool. Hey, trekking across the desert on a camel would be awesome.

kriegerdesgottes
12-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by MrGlow:

Oh, and how awesome would the Desmond/Vidic deathbed conversation be? You just described grand theft auto, I don't want to play grand theft auto I want to play assassin's creed. however that conversation between him and vidic would be awesome.

LightRey
12-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Anyone consider Phrygia (Turkey)?

Nutella0Mutt
12-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrGlow:

Oh, and how awesome would the Desmond/Vidic deathbed conversation be? You just described grand theft auto, I don't want to play grand theft auto I want to play assassin's creed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes please no thank you to another GTA. I want my historically-rich Assassin's Creed

SPEEDY1001
12-14-2010, 08:02 AM
If I remember it correct it was in an ingame email from William M. to Shawn (not sure about the names) the notice:
"we are in Sao Paolo - when you found the apple you join us here, you will like it here many history"

tried to find out but couldn't find much history of use for ac3-story...

mfg
Olli

ChaosxNetwork
12-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by SPEEDY1001:
If I remember it correct it was in an ingame email from William M. to Shawn (not sure about the names) the notice:
"we are in Sao Paolo - when you found the apple you join us here, you will like it here many history"

tried to find out but couldn't find much history of use for ac3-story...

mfg
Olli
Its Shaun not Shawn, only bothers me because people do it with my name they always put down Shawn or Sean. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

aidanmat
12-20-2010, 09:51 AM
PERSONALLY I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A
SCOTTISH SET GAME DURING WILLIAM
WALLACES TIME. YOU COULD TAKE PART
IN THE REBELLION AGAINST THE ENGLISH
- ALSO A COMPLETELY FRESH ENVIRONMENT
IN COMPARISON TO THE OTHER GAMES.
<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not post in all CAPS. It is considered shouting/rude. Thanks</span> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Nutella0Mutt
12-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by aidanmat:
PERSONALLY I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A
SCOTTISH SET GAME DURING WILLIAM
WALLACES TIME. YOU COULD TAKE PART
IN THE REBELLION AGAINST THE ENGLISH
- ALSO A COMPLETELY FRESH ENVIRONMENT
IN COMPARISON TO THE OTHER GAMES.

Oh wow that is a brilliant idea. No one has mentioned that before. Scotland is really pretty and its near England. Celtic setting and history. Awesome! We coud travel to Stonehenge and hit up London later for some quest.

Ohh maybe we can wear kilts! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ThaWhistle
12-20-2010, 02:21 PM
The american revolution has far too much juicy masonic crap. or just the enlightenment in general. Plus there would still be sword fights and whatnot. so my money is on the 18th century.

Pattington_Bear
12-20-2010, 02:57 PM
French Revolution is the best bet, lot's of evidence supports this in ACB.

American Revolution = boring

Janoian
12-20-2010, 05:16 PM
I know it will be in Egypt, I just don't know when

Obreezy17
12-20-2010, 08:50 PM
I was just checking through the fan art, and I saw this image of a chick in the 1920's. I thought it looked pretty BA. Like instead of a hood she was rocking a 20's hat, and her blade was hidden by her bling. She also had a lot of ice. I think it would be fre$h to be in more modern times, especially the 1920's.

I know I'm acting a fool but I want them to make 5-6 games.

For the 3rd yall were talking about Egypt. It could be in the Byzantine Empire (Egypt, Turkey, Greece, Isreal) in the 700's. Cities could be Constantinople, Alexandria, and Antioch. Cities would probably look like a cross between Damascus and Rome, only the ruins wouldn't be ruined XD.

For the 4th, I'm still digging my 20's female idea. I guess it would take place in the US, because thats where the "Roaring 20's" were. But I heard they were also big in France, England, and Germany, so maybe we could get like a multiple country set up. So cities could be like New York, Chicago, Paris, and Berlin. Being in the US at that time would be cool cuz you would see them build the Chrysler building, and other buildings built in that time. You would also be able to have cars, and get to go to some krunk parties. It's the all around perfect idea.

I like the idea for the Victorian England. Yall did a good job on that.

I also like the idea of Enlightenment France. So it'd be France from like the 1680's - 1720's. Places could be like Paris, Versailles, Strasbourg, Vienna, and Bern. Like I said before, we can go into different countries. It could be like Louis XIV and such.

BUBBA OB OUTTT

Sricule
12-20-2010, 09:37 PM
1st time post but whatver, i personally hope that its in Ireland during the middle ages, like when St. Patrick was spreading Christianity, maybe you defend him, or have to assassinate him, depends on if he's a templar or not
Also london in the 1800's would be cool i think
as in WW2 theres a game called the saboteur thats kinda like AC, so for now as long as im concerened that takes WW2

Sricule
12-20-2010, 09:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That thing with umm buildings you see is a little umm .. how can i say it ?? Odd. Even today buildings are not big enough and high enough... Altair could 2 sec climb them

Originally posted by Raekull:
What about one of the statues from the place you unlock Altairs Armor, they were all assassins and all have backgrounds to thier main assassinations

they are most likely not relations of Desmond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so, the AC series doesn't have to be based off of Desmond, they could make a game called a spinoff, u know, doesn't go witht the original story
i like the statue idea

De4th18
12-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Well, in my opinion, I believe they will have to have half and half. Half of using the animus to find specific things. And half of present Desmond trying to locate the temples.

I would like to see what they could do with present day Desmond in regards to fighting and such, since the bleeding effect is affecting him.

A futuristic Ezio would be awesome to see.

Foppezao
01-07-2011, 10:36 AM
I believe you have this trinity of (needless to say 3] cities..The vatican, city of London and columbus disctrict[washington dc]..all three full of freemasonry stuff, could be an idea?...

colan33
01-07-2011, 10:39 AM
2012 : Washington becouse of every bit of Egypt they have in that city.
1520-1570 Kina!

MCB280
01-07-2011, 12:15 PM
I want it to be set in 2012 what it is but we go around as Desmond and we can go to any country to kill templars
(i want to see what they do with a modern time assassin)i want to see Australia we have a place call Eden in New South Wales)

chizzy12
01-07-2011, 04:24 PM
I want it to be set on the moon...

would be awesome

beatledude210
01-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Gotta say i want Late 1700's, Spanning from the start of The American Revolution to the end of The French Revolution. It would be cool to see two major wars that happened across the sea. Both had great history to them and could easily tie in with Assassin's and Templars. And plus the gun play would not be to overdone, if it was in a WWII it would be just like Saboteur. It would be limited to muskets and flintlock pistols. This would be good because swords would still be a major part, and can you imagine how cool it would be disarming a guard that has a bayonet rifle and using the bayonet against him? I would love that setting.

Gingy17
01-13-2011, 12:27 AM
It won't happen but I think it would be cool to go to Britan during the middle of the Industrial Revolution

minymina
01-16-2011, 03:52 PM
ubsoft posted a pictures of an assassin in egyptt and at the end off ac brotherhood shune talks about the phrygian cap and the masonic eye wish only come togather in the french revolution now ubsoft wants ac in egypt realy bad but the ac3 time line cant go back before the first one so i think wat ubsoft well do is make ac3 in the 17 centery the time of the french revolution and napoleon
but well be set in egypt were napoleon
was invading it
its a great time line becaus guns were used alot back then and swards and blades were also used

DrColourblind
01-23-2011, 09:56 AM
Definitely Washington DC

Allegedly all of the founding fathers were Templars, and wanted to make America the next Roman Empire, with Washington DC acting as Rome. I think they even originally called the Potomac river the Tiber.

Furthermore the Phrygian Cap and the Masonic eye are both relevant to the United States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P...an_cap#United_States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrygian_cap#United_States)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E...idence#United_States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Providence#United_States)

My opinion is, it will take place in both modern day United States and revolutionary United Sates (primarily in Washington DC) and the modern day one will be a bit like a Assasin's Creed - Batman Arkham Asylum - GTA crossover and I can see it being quite good.

DavisP92
01-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by minymina:
ubsoft posted a pictures of an assassin in egyptt and at the end off ac brotherhood shune talks about the phrygian cap and the masonic eye wish only come togather in the french revolution now ubsoft wants ac in egypt realy bad but the ac3 time line cant go back before the first one so i think wat ubsoft well do is make ac3 in the 17 centery the time of the french revolution and napoleon
but well be set in egypt were napoleon
was invading it
its a great time line becaus guns were used alot back then and swards and blades were also used

They also posted a picture of an assassin in Japan. That was just for the artbook, it may or may not have something to do with AC3.

I still think the assassin from japan looks cooler then the one from egypt. But i'd prefer to play in egypt.

The single player story might be in France and go to Egypt tho. I would like to see a single player and co-op story that go to differen't locations. Like Single player is in France/Egypt and Co-op is in Japan. something like that.

Guanxi
01-27-2011, 02:22 PM
In my opinion there will be an Animus 3.0 and Desmond will probably be reliving the memories of several of his ancestors (post-ezio) who dedicated their lives to searching for the temples; possibly including one more sequence from Ezio. I predict all these Animus sequences will take place on the way to New Rome...

I agree with many others who have mentioned Washington, D.C. (in the present) with specific reference to a phrygian cap (senate seal & early currency) and a masonic eye (dollar bill, even down to the masonic design of the city structure of D.C.) - as it's the only place on earth where both references are relevant, unless the masonic eye is the USA and the cap is France.

Clearly not ruling out potential memory sequences of the French and American Revolutions.

Finally in my view the founding fathers were Assassin-affiliated, as was Napoleon. England was the center of the world during the industrial revolution (as Italy was during the Renaissance) and clearly under the rule of the Templars; London being their main power-base (following the fall of Rome to the Assassins) during the time that the US and France gained their independence from the Templars.

HerraTee
02-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Just finished AC2 and it was great. I really hope that AC3 won't take place in modern days. That would just be GTA. WW2 is also over used in games, movies and TV. Ubisoft Montreal could never throw WW2 at us... right? That would be dull. Also Atlantis would have to be imaginary location so I am not that interest in Atlantis.

More interesting time periods in history would be Tudor period in England, French Revolution and Japans final years of edo period (no ninjassassin pls). During last years of edo period Japan opened the borders for western culture and it would be interesting setting for a game.

I really liked the story structure in AC2 where we followed the life of Ezio, and I am afraid that we won't see this in AC3. If Ubisoft is going to break AC3 story to many different eras and locations it will take a damn good story writer that can pull it off.

I personally hope that Desmond will only deal with one temple and let the other animus teams work the rest. This would also leave the AC universe open for endless amount of Assassin trilogies. We know that Ubisoft wants to make lots of $$$ without new ideas, so we will see more AC games in the future. Which is nice of course.

elvindrummer
03-16-2011, 02:14 PM
I don't think it will take place during a war. plus both AC1 and AC2 and ACB are all religion related. Tho I do think it would be sweet to have assassinate Hitler but there are so many nazi games out there I don't think ubisoft would ever do it. But I mean come on how sweet would that be?!
Hitler: *packing bags to run away*
Assassin: *in shadows* Where do you think you are going?
Hitlet: I am not going to kill myself like they all believe
Assassin: That can be arranged
lol
I'm thinking maybe England when they started their own churchs or something maybe.
Idk all I know is that those games are sooo amazing I trust ubisoft to make the right decision

elvindrummer
03-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by DrColourblind:
Definitely Washington DC

Allegedly all of the founding fathers were Templars, and wanted to make America the next Roman Empire, with Washington DC acting as Rome. I think they even originally called the Potomac river the Tiber.

Furthermore the Phrygian Cap and the Masonic eye are both relevant to the United States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P...an_cap#United_States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrygian_cap#United_States)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E...idence#United_States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Providence#United_States)

My opinion is, it will take place in both modern day United States and revolutionary United Sates (primarily in Washington DC) and the modern day one will be a bit like a Assasin's Creed - Batman Arkham Asylum - GTA crossover and I can see it being quite good.

I think DC would also be cool for when they decide to play more as Desmond. Tho idk if they will avoid that because of the Lost Symbol (dan browns newest book) or in fear that it will be too much like national treasure.
I think it is also hard to leave the ancestors behind. I like ezio more than desmond lol, so idk if they are ready to make the jump out of teh animus just yet.

Eurostar7
03-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Im tired of modern games, go back to ancient times. I want to see things that havent been shown much. Egypt, Ancient Sumaria (Southern Iraq), medieval Japan, Ancient Mayans, Ancient Greece.

In modern times id like to see Russia, Germany, Portugal, England, Jerusalem.