PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Roster question

LANCER25
12-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know how to get your name to go with your pilot when doing a single player campaign? When starting a new campaign I see a spot for year of birth and place of birth, but nothing for entering your name. After a mission is complete I get the debriefing screen looking something like this. Capt__ 1 KIll.
Also is there a place where you can bump up the AI skill level for the planes you are flying against in campaigns? Thanks in advance.

LANCER25
12-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know how to get your name to go with your pilot when doing a single player campaign? When starting a new campaign I see a spot for year of birth and place of birth, but nothing for entering your name. After a mission is complete I get the debriefing screen looking something like this. Capt__ 1 KIll.
Also is there a place where you can bump up the AI skill level for the planes you are flying against in campaigns? Thanks in advance.

icrash
12-09-2004, 02:06 PM
The AI skill level boost is in the config.ini file I believe. May have to add the command though (search GD and PF forums, I saw it there). I don't think there is a way to put your name ini the campaign. The debrief screen pulls your anme from the initial profile set-up, uses only rank & last name.

LANCER25
12-09-2004, 04:47 PM
ok will keep looking. Anyone else know off hand?

JG52Russkly
12-10-2004, 05:22 AM
Lancer,

Your name in an offline SP campaign is drawn from the pilot you select in the "Pilot Selection" element of the main menu.

Here you can also specify pilot's date and place of birth, and you can even insert your own pilot photo.

Once you start a campaign, you can only alter difficulty settings, pilot rank, squadron and aircraft type.

To increase average AI ability, go to the conf.ini file located in your main IL2 folder and add the following line in the section entitled [GAME}:

CampaignDifficulty=Hard

You can also change the amount of air and ground activity to increase your challenge further with the following lines (same location):

AirIntensity=High
GroundIntensity=High

Don't forget to save the conf.ini file changes ("File - Save") before closing.

Last 2 aren't a good idea, if you're only running a mid-range machine, because lots of planes and stuff happening on the ground drinks CPU power/RAM.

These 3 lines can make a rather too easy offline campaign into a real test.

S!