PDA

View Full Version : Changing Allied Colour

randall.h
01-21-2006, 01:38 AM
Hi
My first post! I am sort of getting the hang of this (no bombing yet). I was wondering if it is possible to change the colours of my Allied force? At the moment they are red and the enemy is blue. Thank you

randall.h
01-21-2006, 01:38 AM
Hi
My first post! I am sort of getting the hang of this (no bombing yet). I was wondering if it is possible to change the colours of my Allied force? At the moment they are red and the enemy is blue. Thank you

major_setback
01-21-2006, 02:37 AM
Welcome to the site. Sorry, I don't think they can be changed. From the start this game series was based on the Russian front with Red representing Russia - this explains why all the alllied forces are red.

Zeus-cat
01-21-2006, 06:25 AM
The colors are hard-coded into the game and can't be changed by players. The game creator acknowledges that for the Pacific and Western Fronts the colors are reversed from the normally accepted standards, but he felt that it would be to confusing to change it. As major_setback said, the first version of the game was for the Eastern Front and they decided to keep the original color setttings for all future versions of the game.

randall.h
01-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Thanks folks!
Now that I know, I am happy with that.
I'll try to sort out the bombing but I fear you will need to help me again.
Cheers

hamselv2
01-21-2006, 05:48 PM
You can change colours when you use the Quick Mission Builder for making missions. You select 'side/colour' by pushing the button in the upper right corner.

darkhorizon11
01-21-2006, 09:43 PM
It would be cool if they changed it by nation instead of "side". This way it would be easier to pit different units against each other.

We could have the option of making units "allied" or at war, kind of luck in a real time strategy game. It would defintely be a cool feature.

VW-IceFire
01-22-2006, 07:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hamselv2:
You can change colours when you use the Quick Mission Builder for making missions. You select 'side/colour' by pushing the button in the upper right corner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes but when you do that there is still an airforce restriction for the Axis side or the Allied side depending on which one you choose.

Its pretty much hard coded in...even in the Full Mission Builder.

dutch08
01-22-2006, 08:35 AM
I've always wondered about the side color for US/Japan.

Thanks for clarifying that, all.

AustinPowers_
01-22-2006, 08:53 AM
In the FMB you can change the colour of objects...

but because objects have default colours, it can be very time consuming if you have alot of objects.

I often do it to ships...

Zeus-cat
01-22-2006, 09:07 AM
You can change the color of any static or moving object in the game, but it is time consuming and other problems can develop.

For example, aircraft will only show markings for the game's default color. If you place a B-17 on the map and change the color to blue, then only German, Japanese, Italian etc. markings will be available for it.

AustinPowers_
01-22-2006, 09:16 AM
You can over come this by slecting markings off, and using custom skins for the AI.

major_setback
01-22-2006, 09:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AustinPowers_:
You can over come this by slecting markings off, and using custom skins for the AI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Saving' the quick mission will save you from re-doing this every time ... just 'load' the mission from the list when you want to fly it.

I know it's not a very good solution http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Zeus-cat
01-22-2006, 09:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You can over come this by slecting markings off, and using custom skins for the AI </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is true for flyable aircraft, but you can't do this on static aircraft.