PDA

View Full Version : Fix the high res/worse visability please ..

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 10:58 PM
Having a teammate complain of not being able to spot planes as well against the ground on his new set-up, he did some investigation.
Turns out that lowering his res made the low planes against ground much clearer.
Now having invested in the technology to run at a respectable resolution, I don't think its fair to "punish" that ability by making object less visible.
It has also come to our attention that lowereing ground detail helps, again this is so bad, we invested in the PC's to run pretty resolutions and AA/AF settings, to have to run them at a lot lower quality to be competative ?
FYI we usually run 1280 960 32 4aa 4af, but have found the same settings in 1024 768 make things a lot more visible .. this is on 19" screens too .. please sort this out !

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 10:58 PM
Having a teammate complain of not being able to spot planes as well against the ground on his new set-up, he did some investigation.
Turns out that lowering his res made the low planes against ground much clearer.
Now having invested in the technology to run at a respectable resolution, I don't think its fair to "punish" that ability by making object less visible.
It has also come to our attention that lowereing ground detail helps, again this is so bad, we invested in the PC's to run pretty resolutions and AA/AF settings, to have to run them at a lot lower quality to be competative ?
FYI we usually run 1280 960 32 4aa 4af, but have found the same settings in 1024 768 make things a lot more visible .. this is on 19" screens too .. please sort this out !

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 11:27 AM
Yes, that is true.
Some fixes should be welcome!

3 International Avia Polk
***** 3.IAP_CHARLIE *****

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 03:26 PM
bartflaster1 wrote:
- Having a teammate complain of not being able to spot
- planes as well against the ground on his new set-up,
- he did some investigation.
- Turns out that lowering his res made the low planes
- against ground much clearer.
- Now having invested in the technology to run at a
- respectable resolution, I don't think its fair to
- "punish" that ability by making object less visible.
- It has also come to our attention that lowereing
- ground detail helps, again this is so bad, we
- invested in the PC's to run pretty resolutions and
- AA/AF settings, to have to run them at a lot lower
- quality to be competative ?
- FYI we usually run 1280 960 32 4aa 4af, but have
- found the same settings in 1024 768 make things a
- lot more visible .. this is on 19" screens too ..
- please sort this out !

Wow I can't even go that high with my "ancient" 3 year old one generation behind system that has only a 17 incher.

Must be nice to be rich, always getting the latest and greatest yearly and complain about resoultion. Gee and I just hope it runs well at 1027x768 on mine! ;-)

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 08:00 PM
I,ve noticed the the biggest difference when I go from 1024x768 to 1280x960.In 1024x768 The a/c will appear larger when it first appears and then will eventualy adjust to a smaller and harder to see pixel combination that resembles more of an a/c form. However, in 1280x768 it first appears as a small and difficult to see pixel and remains that way.

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 08:56 PM
Fantastic thread on this...

http://oldsite.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=002082

----

I only do 600x800x16 now. Will be upgrading soon to a "low end" 9500 or something. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Yough Snipe, try setting TextQual=0 in the "conf" file (under DirectX or OpenGL) in the IL2 folder (I named my installation folder IL2) and this makes the landscape more smoother, possibly allowing better view of target pixels. It also can vastly increase framerates on low end computer systems over certain terrain.

For more,...

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=missionbuilder&id=zztrn