PDA

View Full Version : Force Feedback w/ spring

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 10:50 PM
I enjoy Force feedback in the game, but when I turn it on it also turns off the spring in my joystick so it makes it hard to maneuver. Is there any way to keep the effects and the spring? I tried deleting the "spring" file in the folder but that made the game fail to start and tell me the file was deleted (so I had to put it back). Any suggestions?

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 10:50 PM
I enjoy Force feedback in the game, but when I turn it on it also turns off the spring in my joystick so it makes it hard to maneuver. Is there any way to keep the effects and the spring? I tried deleting the "spring" file in the folder but that made the game fail to start and tell me the file was deleted (so I had to put it back). Any suggestions?

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 10:56 PM
Depends on the stick. W/ my old Logitech stick there was a stetting called 'enable center spring in force feedback games'.

Tell us what kind of stick you have and someone w/ the same stick might be able to help.

<center> http://www.4yourfuture.net/handshake.gif
<font size= 2>

"Altitude, speed, maneuver, fire!"-The "formula of Terror" of Aleksandr Pokryshkin, Three times awarded the rank of Hero of the Soviet Union

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 10:57 PM
Microsoft Force Feedback 2.

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 12:09 AM
Anyone?

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 01:29 AM
Edit:- just noticed you have a MS stick, sorry. Try enabling and disabling your stick or some of its settings after FB starts? wish i could be of more help.

-----------------------------------------------------

This is a bug in either the logitech software or FB, i'm not sure which

There is a workaround however.

If you go into the game options panel in the control panel. Click properties, then settings.

You should see 4 Sliders and 2 tick boxes. The lower tick box and slider are for the centring spring in side games that so not provide it themselves (ie FB).

Even if the "Enable Centring spring for Force feedback games" is selected, it will not work in FB.

What you must do is start FB then ALT-TAB to windows and click this setting off and then on again (it does this very slowly, it will take about 30 secs to respond), But after 30 seconds you can close all of the control panels and return to FB.

You must do this for every session of FB.

I have the Centre spring strength set about 66%. Spring effect and damper effect at 66% too. With the Overall Effects strength at 20% (very subtle effects, so you can still aim when you fire your cannon)

I hope that this helps(probably clear as mud /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif ),i have found this combination to be excellent (i have only started using Force feedback recently after discovering this fix, and i love it)

Nate

Message Edited on 08/26/0301:32AM by Nate--IRL--

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 01:32 AM
- Even if the "Enable Centring spring for Force
- feedback games" is selected, it will not work in FB.
-
- What you must do is start FB then ALT-TAB to windows
- and click this setting off and then on again (it
- does this very slowly, it will take about 30 secs to
- respond), But after 30 seconds you can close all of
- the control panels and return to FB.

you may want to reinstall your drivers or something.

because mine works fine, and allways did.
i have a logitech wingman strikeforce 3d, centering srping works fine in fb...

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 01:40 AM
Davinci.. wrote:
-
- you may want to reinstall your drivers or something.
-
- because mine works fine, and allways did.
- i have a logitech wingman strikeforce 3d, centering
- srping works fine in fb...
-

Tried that believe me /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I have the orignal Wingaman force, it is was one of the first FF enabeled joysticks (the best joystick i have ever used and i've had lots), and takes up half of my desk /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Found a pic on ebay lol
http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_0bb3c14de40a74f8dfe9b50cdd5c889a/i-1.JPG

I suspect it is the fact that this joystick is an older model that this glitch is in FB (was in IL2 too), but i can live with it. Great Sim and great stick

Nate

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 04:19 AM
Is it actually a bug though? I spent 3 months with it and always thought it was supposed to be there. Turned off forcefeedback, and its much easier to fly.