PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion on Assassin's Creed PC?

Graces_Creed
05-12-2011, 07:08 AM
Hello,

I'm new to the forum so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

I normally get my fill Assassin Creed goodness on the Playstation 3.

However I've started playing a lot of games on the PC.

I was wondering if any PC based Assassins could give me their opinion on the AC series on PC.

I don't mind paying again for the games and will probably just download them off Steam.

If I did go the PC route would I be missing out on anything? Are the games the same as the console versions, will I be able to get any DLC for the PC.

Do you prefer console or PC for AC?

Thanks everyone.

Grace

iN3krO
05-12-2011, 07:16 AM
xbox ac is better... it's release earlier and the online lags less due to the xbox LIVE... however ps4 and xbox720 are near and will support directx11 (and they won't be cheap) so i suggest you PC... you can too plug a xbox controler if you don't like keyboard and mouse (there are better things in k+m and better in controller so it's up to ur preferences)....

Some DLC's are ps3 only, xbox only or pc only (pc only is too rare) so don't go on that part... important dlc that give history advances (daVinci disaperence) are free in the pc version (due to the releasing date)... once again PC wins :P

My PC loads faster than a ps3 and a xbox and can archive better graphics due to my GPU (ps3 gpu is equivelent to a 6600GS and i got a 9800GT) althought i'm not into xbox specs but at least their GPU can emulate some dx10 and 11 effects even not supporting them so PC > xBox > PS...

reini03
05-12-2011, 07:16 AM
Hi, welcome to the forums! :P

If you buy AC on PC, you won't miss anything; actually, you have some extras. The DaVincis Disappearance DLC is included in the PC version, for free. There are no other differences to the console versions, except the better graphics, of course.
I personally prefer playing on the PS3. IMO, the controls are much better with a controller (yes, you can plug a controller to a pc, but let that aside) and I won't have to sit in front of my PC. I don't really care about the graphics being worse on consoles - as long as gameplay is awesome, it doesn't really matter.

Hope I could help you :P

EDIT: seems like daniel was faster than me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Graces_Creed
05-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Thanks for replying so quickly. I'll wait and see if I get more replies.

Grace.

iN3krO
05-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Hi, welcome to the forums! :P

If you buy AC on PC, you won't miss anything; actually, you have some extras. The DaVincis Disappearance DLC is included in the PC version, for free. There are no other differences to the console versions, except the better graphics, of course.
I personally prefer playing on the PS3. IMO, the controls are much better with a controller (yes, you can plug a controller to a pc, but let that aside) and I won't have to sit in front of my PC. I don't really care about the graphics being worse on consoles - as long as gameplay is awesome, it doesn't really matter.

Hope I could help you :P

EDIT: seems like daniel was faster than me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Magnify i must disagree with you... in assassin's creed use keyboard+mouse or use controller isn't that much noticeable...
(unlike FPS games which keyboard+mouse is better and god of war like games which controller is better)...

Keyboard + Mouse disvantages:
-You can't chose how much you walk (with controler you use the analogic so you can)
-You can't chose exatly where to move (only Up, Down, Left, Right, Up-Left, Up-Right, Down-Left, Down-Right).... This problem can be advoid if you have good mouse-skills...

Controller:
-You can't run and look arround at same time (press X and move right analogic isn't imposible but is really hard)...

You can too plug your keyboard+mouse to ps3 or xbox with a piece that costs 30 EUR.

AntiChrist7
05-12-2011, 08:23 AM
upside: you get free stuff, and if you have a controller ythe game is the same as console

downside: you have to wait a year

another upside, you don't suffer from PSN being hacked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

yly3
05-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Hi ! How close is the new XBOX upgrade ? I just bought a Slim one and I don't wanna get spoiled.

ChaosxNetwork
05-12-2011, 09:01 AM
The next xbox is not coming until 2014 at the earliest acording to MC, and Sony have said they are not even in development of the next Playsatation. People need to stop reading articles by random people.

Pc, Xbox, Playstation. All just personal preference.
Oh and I know you are new but it Clearly says "General Discussion [Console]" at the top...

caswallawn_2k7
05-12-2011, 09:13 AM
yep both MS and Sony are saying the consoles will last 10 years so you still have a few more years before the next console is due out (other than the Wii 2 next year but nintendo was miles behind the pack with the Wii anyway)so I wouldn't hold you breath on getting a new console any time soon.

as for the comment about getting it on xbox because they get it first, the release date is the same on PS3 and Xbox, you main difference is on the Xbox if you want to play online you have to pay MS where you can do it for free on the PS3 and PC. also the comment on live having less lag this is a fanboy lie created to make them feel better about paying MS to play online, if anything PC is the best system for playing online more so if the firms making the game supply dedicated server packages for people to run as in most games if one online server goes down you just go to another server, on the PS3 if a server goes down for a game you are most likely going to have to play another game, then you have live where if multi player goes down for one server not only is multi player for that entire game down but also for every single other game you own on it and you will get warnings every time you wan't to save or do anything complaining live is down (and it's a quite common problem on live)

but then to be fair Live is that bad when MS tried to charge for it on PC they got told where to go and had to make it free, but even then they still got told where to go and are now even distancing their own PC games from Live as they know nobody wan't a horrid system that stops you playing your games.

Graces_Creed
05-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
The next xbox is not coming until 2014 at the earliest acording to MC, and Sony have said they are not even in development of the next Playsatation. People need to stop reading articles by random people.

Pc, Xbox, Playstation. All just personal preference.
Oh and I know you are new but it Clearly says "General Discussion [Console]" at the top...

I didn't realize there was a PC section until after I had posted. I don't know if its possible to move the thread or would I have to delete it.

phil.llllll
05-12-2011, 10:02 AM
If you have a capable rig, grab them for the pc. They come with all the DLCs, plus AC1 has extra missions that the console versions didn't get.

Graces_Creed
05-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks everyone for your input.

Purchased the 3 games for PC. I do prefer it to console actually but just the same but with better graphics. Only paid 49p for a new copy of Assassin's Creed beats the 15/19.99 Steam are asking for it.

The only thing that annoys me is I can never get a match for multilayer on PC. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again.

Grace

knightshad0w
05-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Aren't games usually better for 360 since the ps3 is harder to code for? I also heard that the 360 and PC have similar code so it would be more beneficial for them to work on those versions.

nekov4ego
05-24-2011, 03:58 PM
If you get the PC version, you will have better graphics (if your hardware is good) and game bonuses like the five more investigation missions in Assassins's Creed. I don't know if they are five but ... do the console versions have the missions other assassins give you--like collecting flags, stand destruction, assassination missions, etc.?