PDA

View Full Version : just buff highlander

allenhollow
04-04-2019, 08:46 PM
am not from the family "highlander main" but im rep 16 with him i didn't play him from a while these days i picked him very often in dominion and surprise everyone parry every single attack even light attacks (only in défensive stance),zone attacks eveything defensive stance is pretty useless so much slow only hyper armor can save you very few times,in offensive stance he is so much predictable UB heavy attacks,kick with slow tracking,also grab forcing you to use both kick and grab which require much stamina to have a chance to hit the opponents
i think the pro highlander are actually good because they feint and dodge a lot without this highlander is destroyed by the spammy assassins and the wu lin
hope he will get some love with musha,glad and nobu after raider,LB and cent
and sorry for my bad english x)

The_B0G_
04-04-2019, 09:31 PM
Dealing with light spam as a HL is definitely an issue, his hyper armor on heavy attacks take too long to activate and his crushing counter is too unreliable to be an option outside of a opening attack.

I've said this since HL was released, they just gave him a damage buff and called it good though.

allenhollow
04-04-2019, 09:40 PM
even goki a heavy heros has faster attacks with his giant Kanabo than hybrid like HL it"s a shame

Sneakly20
04-05-2019, 12:54 AM
The trick here is match ups. You either destroy HL or get destroyed by him. There is no in between for most characters. If you can’t kick him out of offensive stance effectively it’s gonna be a rough fight.

The opposite is also true. If you can consistently keep HL out of OS then you will generally have an easy going game as long as you pay attention.

Making his lights quicker would be mostly a quality of life change. Since most of the time they are used to backstep into OS.

The_B0G_
04-05-2019, 01:04 AM
Totally agree, most assassins are a bad matchup, anyone who can bang out a lot of fast attacks in close *u** me right up with HL, slower heroes I usually handle pretty well.

Zombie.Face
04-05-2019, 02:26 AM
please don't buff highlander. he's one of the best characters in the game when in the right hands. he simply does not need a buff!

The_B0G_
04-05-2019, 02:42 AM
A select few are very good with him, but he's no where near one of the best in the game. Nearly everyone I play against parrys his celtic curse and light attacks regularly. He's too slow, his HA needs to be looked at and improved if they are going to keep him as slow as he is now.

FlyinBeef
04-05-2019, 05:32 AM
I think he need a rework, not buff, because now he is turtle and after buff he will be the turtle, because roll. Offensive stance is defensive stance 2.0, it will be great to change heavy damage, but give him canceling grab and grab soft-feint into grab, then delete stamina regen stop from stance bashes and decrease heavy damage after grab or at all and make HL offensive hero with mindgame mix-ups, not turtle.