PDA

View Full Version : Serious Talk about Shinobi : its design makes him extremly boring and annoying

TontonPanda
04-04-2019, 12:46 PM
Hello Guys,

I have real concerns about shinobi. This Character is really extremly annoying to play against, every duals spend against shinobi is a complete waste of time for a simple reason. The shinobi decides alone the pass of the fight. With its backdodge, double dodge etc... he can just stay far away and if you don't play a char with a very fast tracking attack, you'll never reach him.

The even greater problem is that this strategy is even encouraged by its ability to do ranged attacks and gb....

So, as a conclusion, Shinobi needs an overall rework, because the only viable way of playing it right now is to be a complete troll, making your opponent chase you so you can punish him, are make him rage quit because he cannot reach you.

NB : I'm not saying he is OP or too strong, I'm saying this is boring AS HELL to fight vs a shinobi. Oh and I didn't mention the out of sight ranged GB in 4v4 mods which is a big problem too....

Thanks guys, have a nice day

OhHowSheGoingEh
04-04-2019, 02:08 PM
Careful now, you don't want to offend shinobi mains especially when it comes to their range GB because you only have to listen for the shinbo to say a certain word/phrase.

To be clear i agree 100% with you on shinobi needing a rework his playstyle was designed to be abused by trolls 100%. Unpunishable bash attack (except for roll catch moves) HA bash that wins ever trade in the game, range attacks designed perfectly for staying safe in gank fights. Dont forget about his weeb run too.

Siegfried-Z
04-04-2019, 04:56 PM
Careful now, you don't want to offend shinobi mains especially when it comes to their range GB because you only have to listen for the shinbo to say a certain word/phrase.

To be clear i agree 100% with you on shinobi needing a rework his playstyle was designed to be abused by trolls 100%. Unpunishable bash attack (except for roll catch moves) HA bash that wins ever trade in the game, range attacks designed perfectly for staying safe in gank fights. Dont forget about his weeb run too.

At the end you just hate almost everything in this game. Why are you still playing it ?
You litterally insult Shinobi players (things i am not, just to be clear).
I've put some reps on him recently because i had almost no experience with him and wanted to see if as people said it was hard to perform with him.
I would say he is just balance. He has some strenghs and some weaknesses.

Yes, i completly agree it can be annoying to fight a Shinobi who always stay out of range.
But complaining about his bash is.. wrong. Yes not every char can punish him because of his backflip mix up but this is his gameplay. He is design for that. And btw only biginners and average players fall info that trap.
The kick himself is extremly easy to read and avoid.
His range GB is interupted most of the time in gank.

This little Guy dont even have any UB and a very small HA on his kick. A predictable bash. Is hardly punished on range heavy parry.

Fighting a decent player with him is very hard.

Maybe you should spend few reps on him and feel how it goes by yourself.

RagingtheReturn
04-04-2019, 07:27 PM
I think shinobi has his place in the game but I would love to see them make it so his ranged guardbreak was canceled once it hit a target if a teammate attacks the target. It was the same way with shugo's one hit hug that allowed ganking while locked. moves like that on all characters need to be interuptable. I love raider and I know they will change it once he gets reworked but his stampede charge and knee kick that isn't interrupted strips way too much control away in a fight. Moves should never remove someone completely in a fight and make them helpless. I would love to see that change happen to shinobi's external guardbreak before they get to his rework which is a long way out.

allenhollow
04-04-2019, 07:38 PM
i play shinobi very often and it's fun to get insulted every match and get reported because you picked shinobi or you are running when you are the only survivre while ur team is losing the match XD

RagingtheReturn
04-04-2019, 07:43 PM
i play shinobi very often and it's fun to get insulted every match and get reported because you picked shinobi or you are running when you are the only survivre while ur team is losing the match XD

nice I mean its not always fun to chase him but if thats the way you enjoy to play then whos to say that you cant play that way I guess. to each his own as far as playstyle so long as there are no bugs or glitches that are being abused in a fight by a character then alls fair game.

OhHowSheGoingEh
04-04-2019, 08:04 PM
At the end you just hate almost everything in this game. Why are you still playing it ?
You litterally insult Shinobi players (things i am not, just to be clear).
I've put some reps on him recently because i had almost no experience with him and wanted to see if as people said it was hard to perform with him.
I would say he is just balance. He has some strenghs and some weaknesses.

Yes, i completly agree it can be annoying to fight a Shinobi who always stay out of range.
But complaining about his bash is.. wrong. Yes not every char can punish him because of his backflip mix up but this is his gameplay. He is design for that. And btw only biginners and average players fall info that trap.
The kick himself is extremly easy to read and avoid.
His range GB is interupted most of the time in gank.

This little Guy dont even have any UB and a very small HA on his kick. A predictable bash. Is hardly punished on range heavy parry.

Fighting a decent player with him is very hard.

Maybe you should spend few reps on him and feel how it goes by yourself.

Yes the bash is easy read, it still cant be punished by over half the cast.
The only time i attempt to punish it is if im playing my warden otherwise there is nothing that can be done to stop him from spamming it. He can spam it until either i screw up my dodge or someone else shows up whether its friend or for.

I honestly don't know where you get this 'small' HA. It beats conq's bash, warden's bash LB shove, glad's bash and toe stab, HA heavies, HA lights it beats everything, i've yet to see it lose to a move.

I want this game to succeed thats why im so critical over everything in this game, sure i might go about it the wrong (more often than not) in my posts and maybe i should calm down first before i make my posts filled with rage, but both ubisoft and the community have turned this game into a 4 button mash fest, when it had so much potential to be soemthing better than this.

Ubisoft doesnt have ability to design heros with versatile, viable kits its been proven time and time again since the very first set of reworks started, with the exception of kensei being the one and only phenomenal rework.

The majority of the community is also at fault for accepting these changes and saying "its the first of its kind give them some slack" yes its the first of kind, but that doesn't excuse the utter lack of balance in the game especially when some of the community has offered some excellent changes all the way to complete hero reworks down to 'hero adjustments' as ubisoft has dubbed them.

Look how long its taken ubisoft to finally get to Lawbringer, one of thee most requested heros in the game to get a rework. It was so bad that Spliced who is the lawbringer king had devised a way to play and win in duels through pure cheese just so he can play lawbringer 'competitively' and the community nearly ousted him for it.
I bet that the lawbringer 'rework' is going to turn him into another spam hero like ever other hero that has gotten their rework.