PDA

View Full Version : Reasons for smurfing

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
04-04-2019, 02:04 AM
1. It's fun and stress-free...no sweaty hands.
2. You can test out the new matchmaking
3. You can help gain muscle memory of a new or reworked character without the need to be at peak performance.
4. You gain free stuff through faction war's for your different accounts.
5. You get to utterly destroy less skilled salt miners.
6. Those skilled salt miners you use to have to meet in you original Rep matchmaking are no where to be found.
7. Anonymity. If someone send you salt mail for destroying them it doesn't matter it's less personal on a dummy account. You simply don't care.
8. You get to meet other smurfs. You'll recognize their skill over their Rep. Or there name.
9. If you play a crap character...well your crap d tier character is now god like compared to noobs so no worries.
10. You can kill unskilled light spammers which is strangely enjoying.
11. If someone calls you out for smurfing they usually call you other things as well when you admit it. So you call them toxic for being salty and that's usually the end of that...kinda funny.
12. You can preserve your stats on your original account and goof off on your smurf account. If you're in to that.
13. Smurfing isn't tied to honor and people who try to make you feel bad for doing it...well whatever. It's legal. I bought the game so I do what I want. Not everyone what's to be a sweaty tryhard all the time. And not everyone has to follow your code of conduct. It's a game. Sometimes it's fun to be competive and sometimes it's fun to rekt noobs. You have a choice now.

Sweaty_Sock
04-04-2019, 02:47 AM
1. It's fun and stress-free...no sweaty hands.
2. You can test out the new matchmaking
3. You can help gain muscle memory of a new or reworked character without the need to be at peak performance.
4. You gain free stuff through faction war's for your different accounts.
5. You get to utterly destroy less skilled salt miners.
6. Those skilled salt miners you use to have to meet in you original Rep matchmaking are no where to be found.
7. Anonymity. If someone send you salt mail for destroying them it doesn't matter it's less personal on a dummy account. You simply don't care.
8. You get to meet other smurfs. You'll recognize their skill over their Rep. Or there name.
9. If you play a crap character...well your crap d tier character is now god like compared to noobs so no worries.
10. You can kill unskilled light spammers which is strangely enjoying.
11. If someone calls you out for smurfing they usually call you other things as well when you admit it. So you call them toxic for being salty and that's usually the end of that...kinda funny.
12. You can preserve your stats on your original account and goof off on your smurf account. If you're in to that.
13. Smurfing isn't tied to honor and people who try to make you feel bad for doing it...well whatever. It's legal. I bought the game so I do what I want. Not everyone what's to be a sweaty tryhard all the time. And not everyone has to follow your code of conduct. It's a game. Sometimes it's fun to be competive and sometimes it's fun to rekt noobs. You have a choice now.

Reasons not too?
1) Its scummy
2) you are not trying hard for your team because its other peoples elo (who cares about your teams mains right?).
3) You are essentially trolling with little regard to your team. Or you are smashing people at a far lower tier because you are to afraid to lose and just get bumped down a skill bracket (scared of stats?!?!)

Smurfs are utter bottomfeeding scum too afraid of losing at their own tier :)

Yes they bought the game, so did afk players... lets get rid of autoboot? Those other 7 players bought the game as well.

EDIT: players like this strangle a game, remove new players and basically make any matchmaking impssible, there has to be some ability to catch and move smurfs into higher tiers to stop them, which often catches above average players and puts them out of their depth or traps them forever in lower elos. Its a blight on all games & has been for some time.

Ever hear that story about the basket ball team winning gold at the special Olympics, and it turns out they weren't disabled, Well... thats smurfs - utterly pathetic

OhHowSheGoingEh
04-04-2019, 07:42 AM
Reason for making a smurf account.

1. You can't hang with the big boys and your ego is too fragile to admit it.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
04-05-2019, 12:29 PM
1. It's not my problem nor is it a handicap to be better at the game than others so why have a Rep at all? You don't get ranked in call of duty cuz your a quick scoper or if your a pro player. No you can play with the general public uninhibited.
2. Anyone can has the ability (maybe not the skill) to smurf provided they aren't total noobs.
3. You guys are way too sensitive. I merely provided an alternative look at a taboo and you attack me and my character over something that is perfectly legal but not excepted in your cultural folkways. You suck in your way of thinking. How is playing a game I purchased the way I want to morally wrong? If I decided to use an light spammer or a bash spammer to frustrate my opponent how is that my problem? As the old saying goes "if the game allows it people will abuse it." It's human nature. You don't see people in dominion refusing to use ledges, pins, bashes, light spam, and op feats. It's all the same in my eyes so why be a complete hypocrite and throw down the honor card by calling me a scumbag?
4. Let's assume I'm not good at the game and need to smurf. Doesn't that say more about the matchmaking then it does my skill? Don't I have the right to enjoy the game I bought instead of getting destroyed every match I get into because of my Rep? Maybe I'm not good, maybe my main got reworked, maybe I'm trying out a new character. Does that mean I should ruin my same Rep teammate experience because I decided to play below my par for whatever reason?

Conclusion: smurfing is a good thing. It gives options and breaks the mold that was set in place to protect noobs from skilled players. Why should noobs be protected in a game? So the tiny 4 player teams are even is the only reason I see. It's a construct. Built to keep noobs from being destroyed so they will keep playing the game in these tiny little groups of 4v4. In short it's not my problem the game was designed the way it was. It's been two years and the max player game mode is still 4x4. So people still complain about matchmaking when if the game was 25x25 it would be less....well what is has always been.

Sweaty_Sock
04-05-2019, 12:32 PM
1. It's not my problem nor is it a handicap to be better at the game than others so why have a Rep at all? You don't get ranked in call of duty cuz your a quick scoper or if your a pro player. No you can play with the general public uninhibited.
2. Anyone can has the ability (maybe not the skill) to smurf provided they aren't total noobs.
3. You guys are way too sensitive. I merely provided an alternative look at a taboo and you attack me and my character over something that is perfectly legal but not excepted in your cultural folkways. You suck in your way of thinking. How is playing a game I purchased the way I want to morally wrong? If I decided to use an light spammer or a bash spammer to frustrate my opponent how is that my problem? As the old saying goes "if the game allows it people will abuse it." It's human nature. You don't see people in dominion refusing to use ledges, pins, bashes, light spam, and op feats. It's all the same in my eyes so why be a complete hypocrite and throw down the honor card by calling me a scumbag?
4. Let's assume I'm not good at the game and need to smurf. Doesn't that say more about the matchmaking then it does my skill? Don't I have the right to enjoy the game I bought instead of getting destroyed every match I get into because of my Rep? Maybe I'm not good, maybe my main got reworked, maybe I'm trying out a new character. Does that mean I should ruin my same Rep teammate experience because I decided to play below my par for whatever reason?

Conclusion: smurfing is a good thing. It gives options and breaks the mold that was set in place to protect noobs from skilled players. Why should noobs be protected in a game? So the tiny 4 player teams are even is the only reason I see. It's a construct. Built to keep noobs from being destroyed so they will keep playing the game in these tiny little groups of 4v4. In short it's not my problem the game was designed the way it was. It's been two years and the max player game mode is still 4x4. So people still complain about matchmaking when if the game was 25x25 it would be less....well what is has always been.

Smurfing is scum. It is like a big kid picking fights with little kids to prove how good he is at fighting

I can't stop you doing it, but I can say it is pathetic

EDIT: i'm top 2% in the ranks after doing placements after taking a break for the entire marching fire. If I made a smurf could I win? Could I win only using heavy attacks? Would doing so be stomping people who are just trying to learn or only use the game to relax from stressful days? There is another player behind that screen your messing with, THATS the sad part. Go cliff bots if you want a stress free game. Don't ruin others games to get some spiteful joy yourself.

EDIT EDIT: Imagine if someone just bought the game, their friends been at them to try it. They do, they are struggling with the learning kerb and don't even know half the characters names yet. Then you rock up, smash them so hard they decide to go play something else... you are killing a game you care about

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
04-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Smurfing is scum. It is like a big kid picking fights with little kids to prove how good he is at fighting

I can't stop you doing it, but I can say it is pathetic

EDIT: i'm top 2% in the ranks after doing placements after taking a break for the entire marching fire. If I made a smurf could I win? Could I win only using heavy attacks? Would doing so be stomping people who are just trying to learn or only use the game to relax from stressful days? There is another player behind that screen your messing with, THATS the sad part. Go cliff bots if you want a stress free game. Don't ruin others games to get some spiteful joy yourself.

So being at the top 2 percent I assume you only play ranked modes and never regular modes? Or do you just play bots because your so good that you don't want to slaughter the innocent enemy team because someone less skilled is on the other side of that screen so whenever you are undermatched you throw the fight to spare that person's feelings. NO!?!? Really? That's kinda pathetic and hypocritical don't you think?

Sweaty_Sock
04-05-2019, 12:59 PM
So being at the top 2 percent I assume you only play ranked modes and never regular modes? Or do you just play bots because your so good that you don't want to slaughter the innocent enemy team because someone less skilled is on the other side of that screen so whenever you are undermatched you throw the fight to spare that person's feelings. NO!?!? Really? That's kind pathetic and hypocritical don't you think?

I let match making put me where it puts me, and vs those people. In pub 4's if i'm clearly better i'll just park a point and let people who want to fight me fight me. In duels i'll ease up on newer players and make sure I throw a few obvious moves or spam a particular move so they can learn its timing & counter it, then keep throwing it till it kills me. Rounds 3+ i'll step it up abit.

You might have missed my second edit, here it is

Imagine if someone just bought the game, their friends been at them to try it. They do, they are struggling with the learning kerb and don't even know half the characters names yet. Then you rock up, smash them so hard they decide to go play something else... you are killing a game you care about

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
04-05-2019, 01:19 PM
Well now you're sounding sensible but youre still capitalizing and only being charitable. Like you Mr. 2 percent am a capitalist in a sense; Survival of the fitest. But unlike you or the Marxist type view I don't believe that my "I get mine before you get yours then I'll be charitable" ideals will destroy the game. When smurfing you don't have to try hard and you can still be charitable. You might throw a couple bones as I do to the hungry puppies but are you really going to let that player win? What would that teach him/her? What if he/she is already at peak performance and they suck and you, thinking you're being charitable, are actually toying with him/her? Are you going to give up the zone? Are you going to let your team down for that lower skilled team player out of pity? If your team sucks do you not try to carry them first?

Sweaty_Sock
04-05-2019, 01:31 PM
What would that teach him/her? What if he/she is already at peak performance and they suck and you, thinking you're being charitable, are actually toying with him/her? Are you going to give up the zone? Are you going to let your team down for that lower skilled team player out of pity?

Judging from ppl who add me and just want to spar in custom matches... i'm teaching them the game, not shoving it in their face

EDIT: survival of the fittest means if your the fittest be the fittest, don't wear a fat suit and try win the biggest loser

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
04-05-2019, 01:40 PM
Judging from ppl who add me and just want to spar in custom matches... i'm teaching them the game, not shoving it in their face
If your talking about teaching through competition your only talking about degrees of restraint which has nothing to do with smurfing. You don't have to destroy noobs as single entities to enjoy playing games with them. Nor should a player be segregated to who they play against in a general population game mode in my view.
Edit: if it's legit to win the biggest loser competition that way then people would do it. 2 % ers like yourself use exploits all the time to win competitions and get paid for it even in For Honor. Are you trying to tell me you have never used an exploit to win?

Sweaty_Sock
04-05-2019, 01:56 PM
2 % ers like yourself use exploits all the time to win competitions and get paid for it even in For Honor.

Actually I dont, TBH I cant even parry consistently. I just remember what they did & how they did it, so next time I have a counter play. Or if I think they are going to do a counter play, i'll counter play-play. I'm maining cent ATM and unless someone cheeses i'm not using wall splats...

EDIT: smurfs are little blue people... its a term for pretending to be what you are not (wolf dressed in sheeps clothing)

EDIT EDIT: thats not meant in the flattering way, its the predatory liar way

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
04-05-2019, 02:12 PM
Actually I dont, TBH I cant even parry consistently. I just remember what they did & how they did it, so next time I have a counter play. Or if I think they are going to do a counter play, i'll counter play-play. I'm maining cent ATM and unless someone cheeses i'm not using wall splats...

EDIT: smurfs are little blue people... its a term for pretending to be what you are not (wolf dressed in sheeps clothing)

So you've never used an exploit to win...unless they cheese from what I gather. Then you will wall splat them or for example try to keep them permanently out of stamina to win. So your moral compass is wrapped around your definition of what "cheese" is. Sounds legit.
Edit: sure I'll agree smurfs have more skill then needed to beat their opponents as you seem to. Should you be forced to only fight other 2 %ers? No.

Sweaty_Sock
04-05-2019, 02:21 PM
So you've never used an exploit to win...unless they cheese from what I gather. Then you will wall splat them or for example try to keep them permanently out of stamina to win. So your moral compass is wrapped around your definition of what "cheese" is. Sounds legit.

I play at my tier. If I am playing badly, I lose badly. There would be more than 1 screen shots of me 0-3 going around.

I play to the other players level. If they want to warlord cliff, then i'll take off the gloves?

EDIT: never used an exploit in my life, 77 days playtime.Wallsplat is a piece of actual kit I don't like using because I think it's too powerful (talking cent here - the standing one is much more balanced)

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
04-05-2019, 02:53 PM
I play at my tier. If I am playing badly, I lose badly. There would be more than 1 screen shots of me 0-3 going around.

I play to the other players level. If they want to warlord cliff, then i'll take off the gloves?

EDIT: never used an exploit in my life, 77 days playtime.Wallsplat is a piece of actual kit I don;t like using because I think it's too powerful
Cheese and exploit are subjective terms but your example makes sense so I get the gist of your convayance. Yet you still don't seem to understand my stance so I'll give you an example you will understand.
Your a 2 percent player. What if, because of your rank, you were banned from playing public games. Would that be just? Because of your skill you could no longer play with the general population because they would be noobish to you. Would you except that?

Sweaty_Sock
04-05-2019, 02:56 PM
Cheese and exploit are subjective terms but your example makes sense so I get the gist of your convayance. Yet you still don't seem to understand my stance so I'll give you an example you will understand.
Your a 2 percent player. What if, because of your rank, you were banned from playing public games. Would that be just? Because of your skill you could no longer play with the general population because they would be noobish to you. Would you except that?

Because of my rank (0.8% overall on forhonortracker) I get shoved with 2 potatos & a bot into premade clans. I just play it through.

EDIT: sometimes the potatoes even stay :)

EDITE EDIT: I lose those alot, but it is fun chasing 1 player back into their group then killing him during the 4 man pile on :)

UbiInsulin
04-05-2019, 09:28 PM
There's no way this thread is going to lead to a constructive conversation. Closed.