SpyderNynja
05-22-2007, 06:46 PM
lock wins

Boromir323
05-22-2007, 06:51 PM
C.A.T.S. wins

wolfe-1
05-22-2007, 07:45 PM
You can't kill link, either he has a fairy to revive him, or hes reincarnated in another game. But anyway Link is no ninja so idk, link would win as long as Altair didn't get the jump on him.

Jack_Vykios
05-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Altair= badass assassin with sword and mechanical dagger
Link= mute elf with sword and shield

I tihnk it's clear who wins:
Altair.

Phreaky_McGeek
05-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Jack_Vykios:
Link= mute elf with sword, shield, whirlwind-creating boomerang, bow and arrows, ability to take a dozen sword stabs before dying, magic powers, revival fairies, hammer, giant spinning blade, fireballs, etc etc

fixed

Jack_Vykios
05-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack_Vykios:
Link= mute elf with sword, shield, whirlwind-creating boomerang, bow and arrows, ability to take a dozen sword stabs before dying, magic powers, revival fairies, hammer, giant spinning blade, fireballs, etc etc

fixed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmm...
lol. You fixed Link. Yeah, now Altair really wins, but only because he is now the most manly.

Yes, I'm clutching at straws here. Or whatever the saying is.

knife_X
05-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Jack_Vykios:
lol. You fixed Link. Yeah, now Altair really wins, but only because he is now the most manly.

your an idiot!

The_Sphinx
05-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Link = teh suxxors. Altair is not.

Altair wins.

funcom
05-23-2007, 02:13 PM
If this question had been asked in a Zelda forum Link would have pwned Altair. But this is a Assassins Creed forum, so I voted Altair.

Jack_Vykios
05-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by knife_X:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack_Vykios:

your an idiot! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Aren't you the friendly one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Kamiks
05-23-2007, 02:42 PM
It is apparent that people vote Altair since this is an Assassins Creed forum, but let's be realistic. Altair is nothing more than a very skilled human, he doesn't have a chance. How will he dodge a freakin wall of fire coming at him, when he is freezed in time? Or how will he kill someone who can make himself invinsible and invisible for a long while? Altair is simply outmatched in combat. He would do much better in jumping and such though.

SpyderNynja
05-23-2007, 02:45 PM
its like saying "gears of war" versus "pong"

they're two different things really, altair is realistic, link is fantasy, you can't really compare em

ParadiseFH
05-23-2007, 03:47 PM
how about jack bauer vs altair in HtH?

50 bucks on jack.

wolfe-1
05-23-2007, 04:05 PM
a better one would be Sam Fisher vs Altair

Howler13
05-23-2007, 04:29 PM
Well, at least he made a poll, unlike most X vs. Y threads I've seen...
Altair looks alot cooler (he's not wearing tights), but until we play AC, it's hard to tell for sure.

cudbug
05-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Kamiks:
It is apparent that people vote Altair since this is an Assassins Creed forum, but let's be realistic. Altair is nothing more than a very skilled human, he doesn't have a chance. How will he dodge a freakin wall of fire coming at him, when he is freezed in time? Or how will he kill someone who can make himself invinsible and invisible for a long while? Altair is simply outmatched in combat. He would do much better in jumping and such though.

Your correct! Because we all know link is a real person! Not saying Altair is real, but he is a human with no magic powers. Link is fantasy Elvish being with artifacts of power and stuff.

King32Gofather
05-23-2007, 05:22 PM
ok get rid of all Links magic and stuff and now put both of them in a realistic setting and its one on one melee combat(when i say realistic i mean Link cant take 30 hits before dying)
now take that scenario and decide who wins

i'm still undecided http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

zoozilla
05-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Who's Link?

RetiredHatch
05-23-2007, 07:12 PM
these who would win in a duel polls is always just a popularity contest http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

templargunman00
05-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Link is a warrior, Altair is an assassin, Link would look for him, Altair would land on his head and stick a dagger in him, Link would never see it coming, because link is a sucky 2d character. LINK SUCKS!

Kamiks
05-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Unless you were joking (hard to tell on the internet), Link is not only 2D, check up a little.
He doesn't suck either, seeing how he got through all of the things he did by pure force, being called a master swordsman several times, even to the degree that no one could be that good except the Heroes of Hyrule. (i.e. all the Link's)

In a pure fight, well, Altairs damn skilled and all, but seeing how Link has a shield and could easily match Altair's fighting skills, I don't see Altair winning. If it was a pure swordfight though, that'd be something else maybe.

cudbug
05-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by RetiredHatch:
these who would win in a duel polls is always just a popularity contest http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

With that being said-please dont vote just because you like him. Vote who you think would win in combat.

templargunman00
05-24-2007, 06:32 PM
I know, but Altair started as a 3d and Link started as a 2d wimp who had to get his sword from his dad. Altair had his finger cut off to join his order, and also, I don't like the zelda series in general, it's been going on for too long, like sonic. Link is just a repeating character that corporations want to squeeze as much money out of him as they can.

Boromir323
05-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by templargunman00:
I know, but Altair started as a 3d and Link started as a 2d wimp who had to get his sword from his dad. Altair had his finger cut off to join his order, and also, I don't like the zelda series in general, it's been going on for too long, like sonic. Link is just a repeating character that corporations want to squeeze as much money out of him as they can.

As a great man once said...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif
"..... o wait no im not, but he is stupid ..."

Thumper1980
05-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Link has magic.
go figure.

Slecher
05-24-2007, 07:43 PM
If altair could sneak on him , yes link would be beaten , now on a 1on1 fight , i dont how many of you actually ever fought with weapons , but the one with the longest arm and sword would have a starting adventage , a shield can be a great thing to block , altough having a free hand can come in handy , either to manage to get close enough to grab your opponent hand , or to simply add some power behind your attacks or balance your weigh , i'd tend to say that Altair would have the advantage of the weapon (at least in my fighting style) , altough this doesnt settles the fight since Link with his shield could probly outlast Altair.
This fight would much depend of each one capacity , and thus isnt comparable.

Slecher
05-24-2007, 07:48 PM
i was assuming there was no use of magic in my post sooner btw

Kamiks
05-25-2007, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by templargunman00:

I fail to see how that is relevant in the least. And it wasn't his dad. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Anyway, as pure combat skills go, it is hard to judge Altair since we haven't seen much of what he has done, and we have no "canon storyline" to follow, at least yet, so we don't know if he fought alot of people or only did a hit and run. (The latter is MUCH more possible)

If we judge their physical talents...

Link has a HUGE strength advantage. Having power gloves that makes him able to lift weights that are sick (a rock about 5 times the size of a car, then tossing it 10 m into the air). If Altair would try to block a strike from Link he would lose his sword, and probably break his hand.

Speed/Agility goes to Altair. He is an assassin after all, and basically this game is based on this. It is very useful, but I don't see how it will judge the outcome since he is not so fast that Link won't keep track of him, and there ain't alot he can do by jumping around.

I'd say that in a fight, Link's physical advantage beats Altair's...

In skill, as I said, we don't know alot about Altair. What we do know about Link is that as a 10 year old he has defeated a hell of alot of monsters, and he beat the 2 best swordsman in all Termina (in Majora's Mask) two on one, quickly. He then went on to defeat THE best one, then toppled a kingdom stated to "not being able to be topppled by a hundred soldiers".
I just don't see Altair comparing to that.

Tirinel
05-25-2007, 11:13 AM
who is link?

Stealth_chill
05-25-2007, 11:14 AM
alatair can only take about 3 hits in the game during a sword fight whilse link can take many. Link is fast with his sword and has good defence. Even without ny of links gadgets id have to say link would win in close quarters combat.

cudbug
05-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Slecher:
If altair could sneak on him , yes link would be beaten , now on a 1on1 fight , i dont how many of you actually ever fought with weapons , but the one with the longest arm and sword would have a starting adventage , a shield can be a great thing to block , altough having a free hand can come in handy , either to manage to get close enough to grab your opponent hand , or to simply add some power behind your attacks or balance your weigh , i'd tend to say that Altair would have the advantage of the weapon (at least in my fighting style) , altough this doesnt settles the fight since Link with his shield could probly outlast Altair.
This fight would much depend of each one capacity , and thus isnt comparable.

and what is your fighting style?

p.s. to everyone who thinks link is some hero who uses magic(not real) and can take many blows to the head(also non realistic) realise although this is a game, it is realistic.

Ravenot
05-25-2007, 02:13 PM
This is like comparing apples and oranges... Altair is based on history with reality, while link is based on fantasy and magic. However, should the two happen to cross paths in some bizarro world...

Link has a huge arsenal of weapons, including amazing strength, fairies, magic, and lots of health.

Altair is an assassin relying on a stealthy or sudden approach and a quick getaway, with lots of agility and finesse.

Altair is the hands down winner in my mind. Link would be ambushed right off the bat and killed. There goes his fairy extra life. Now in a straight out fistfight, Altair would rip Link to shreds. Why? Altair can climb up any building, cliff, object, ect. Link is forced to use clear-cut, well defined paths and doorways... and has difficulty attacking diagonally.

Altair can just climb up a roof or cliff and pick him apart with ranged attacks. :P

fiso16
05-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Altair has a whole bunch of throwing knife and the dagger in his hand and also the crossbow

http://www.nwiizone.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/Prin...sia%20_wii.thumb.jpg (http://www.nwiizone.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/Prince_of_Persia%20_wii.thumb.jpg)

Kamiks
05-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Ravenot:
This is like comparing apples and oranges... Altair is based on history with reality, while link is based on fantasy and magic. However, should the two happen to cross paths in some bizarro world...

Link has a huge arsenal of weapons, including amazing strength, fairies, magic, and lots of health.

Altair is an assassin relying on a stealthy or sudden approach and a quick getaway, with lots of agility and finesse.

Altair is the hands down winner in my mind. Link would be ambushed right off the bat and killed. There goes his fairy extra life. Now in a straight out fistfight, Altair would rip Link to shreds. Why? Altair can climb up any building, cliff, object, ect. Link is forced to use clear-cut, well defined paths and doorways... and has difficulty attacking diagonally.

Altair can just climb up a roof or cliff and pick him apart with ranged attacks. :P

Who is to say that Altair starts of having the stealth advantage against Link? I might as well say Link starts with the stone mask, which makes him invisible. There goes all Altair's chances of winning....

In an unarmed match, Link will destroy him. His strength is over 20 times that of Altair's with his gloves, one punch would nearly be the equality of Spiderman's (who can destroy a humans head in one punch) who also has around 20 times a humans strength.

And yet, no one has described the enviroment either, or have they? From what we know, this could be a big green field with no buildings to climb what so ever.
And even IF there would be buildings, you actually think Altair is the one to pick Link? Uh, is Link gonna stand there and watch Altair climb, reach the top, bring out his mini crossbow, and shoot him? Link will have filled his back with fire/ice/light/silver arrows in a second once Altair turns his back.