PDA

View Full Version : is Ezio Grand Master or not?

Radman500
11-18-2011, 06:38 AM
is he grand master of the assassins order, or only leader of the italian sect?

JJTHoukes
11-18-2011, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Radman500:
is he grand master of the assassins order, or only leader of the italian sect?

Back in those days, communication wasn't as good.
He's the grandmaster of the Italian brotherhood.
However, the legends of this mentor have spread much farther then that. So while he's not the grandmaster of the Constantinople guild, Yusuf is the leader there, he's defenitely known and respected there.

LightRey
11-18-2011, 07:27 AM
Yes. In those days the title of "Mentor" was mostly aesthetic.

Serrachio
11-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Ezio was a Master Assassin with the title of Mentor, which meant he was very skilled and trained a lot of apprentices.

The last Grand Master was Altair, but he decided to disband the Order at Masyaf and have his Assassins expand and go out into the world.

That's why there are Mentors in various areas of the world but no real Grand Master.

In the Modern age however, the title of Grand Master was re-introduced and merged with the title of Mentor, seeing as communication had advanded to the point that the whole world could be linked, and the Assassin Order used this to its advantage.

souNdwAve89
11-18-2011, 02:34 PM
I agree with most of the above. Ezio is the Mentor of the Italian branch, but his actions spread across multiple countries and other assassins know about him. That is why Yusuf knew about him and how the other Ottoman assassins were shocked to see him in Constantinople. I posted a video of Darby explaining this in my compilation thread, but going off my rough memory, the title of Mentor and Grand Master is the same. Ezio is the Grand Master of the Italian branch only, while Yusuf is just a Master Assassin. Whether or not there is a Grand Master/Mentor for the Turkish branch is unknown.

SPOILERS regarding the game

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">I haven't finished the game yet, but I passed the part where Yusuf died. Ezio practically appoints an assassin (no name given) to Master Assassin. Maybe we can assume that Ezio became the temporary Grand Master/Mentor of the Turkish branch?</span>

Here is the post in the thread I was talking about

Grand Master controversy
- The title The Mentor in the past applied to any Assassin who reached above Master Assassin level and achieved an extraordinary level of skill and wisdom to teach future generations of assassins.
- Communication between 2 different countries was a problem
- There were different assassin orders in other countries because it is an ancient order like the Templars' order
- The title of Mentor in Ezio's lifetime is for the Italian order
- By the 20th century, THE Mentor is the official title among the whole Assassin Order since communication has improved drastically
(20:00)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QoEt3F-RYg

Xtrava
11-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Ezio was chief ***-on-plate hander and tapped all the booty in town.