PDA

View Full Version : AC Encyclopedia White Edition questions

thornebrook
07-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi gals/guys, saw this on the AC FB page:

http://store.ubiworkshop.com/a...pedia-white-edition/ (http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-encyclopedia-white-edition/)

My puzzlement is regarding this detail:

What is the difference between the White and the Black Editions?

The White Edition is available worldwide on Ubiworkshop and Includes the "Carte Blanches".

The Black Edition is included in the Assassinís Creed Revelations Animus Edition only and does not include the "Cartes Blanches".

Does Carte Blanches mean just a section of the Artbook, or the entire Artbook included in the Collector's Edition?

Also, for those who already preordered the Animus Edition, is there a chance that their Encyclopedia can get upgraded to White?

I would also appreciate it if someone can check this list to see if I have everything listed correctly:

Special Edition (with exclusive packaging, no idea what that means though)
ACR Game
ACR Soundtrack
Single Player: Turkish Assassin Armor
Multiplayer: The Crusader
Multiplayer: Ottoman Doctor

Collector's Edition (with the Collector Box)
ACR Game
ACR Soundtrack
ACR Artbook
AC Embers (animated short movie)
Single Player: Vlad the Impaler Prison Mission
Multiplayer: Ottoman Jester

Animus Edition (with the Animus Box)
ACR Game
ACR Soundtrack
AC Embers (animated short movie)
AC Encyclopedia Black Edition (no Carte Blanche pages)
Single Player: Vlad the Impaler Prison Mission
Single Player: Armor of Brutus
Single Player: Capacity Upgrades
Multiplayer: Ottoman Jester

Sold separately from the game editions
AC Encyclopedia White Edition (includes Carte Blanche pages)

I'm personally having second thoughts ordering the Encyclopedia separately because of the shipping costs (!), but maybe I'll be able to buy it at a later date in case it goes on a better sale.

Puppet627
07-19-2011, 01:12 AM
Typical Ubisoft, holding back content to get more money.
It's not in-game content but still.

LightRey
07-19-2011, 01:36 AM
so, what exactly are the Carte Blanche pages?

iNEEDSmeINSIDES
07-19-2011, 02:48 AM
The Animus Edition also contains ' One exclusive customisation item '.

The Carte Blanche pages is a collection of art from known artists and from submissions from fans some of which is in this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/3391055288 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3391055288)

thornebrook
07-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by iNEEDSmyINSIDES:
The Animus Edition also contains ' One exclusive customisation item '.

Nice, thanks for correcting!

Captain Tomatoz
07-20-2011, 03:32 AM
thats a bit unfair to those who are buying the animus edition and hoping for the Carte Blanche section and will now have to get the two of them if they want it. It seems ubisofts marketing department seems to want everyone to hate them.

spyrochick101
07-20-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm from Canada so we aren't getting the Animus Edition here. So being able to preorder the Encyclopedia is awesome. I have the white edition pre-ordered as I found an ad for it yesterday.

It is a bit odd though that the AE people will get a completely different book then the new one on the ubiworkshop site. It should all be the same book imo.

I'm happy as can be though as I have a chance to get something I really wanted and it would never be sold here. So my White Edition Encyclopedia will come in the mail this November. =D

RzaRecta357
07-20-2011, 09:04 AM
I hate this pre order stuff. I live in Canada also, and I really wanted that Turkish armor and ottoman doctor.

But no, we don't get that edition here so I'm stuck getting the other ones.

LightRey
07-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
I hate this pre order stuff. I live in Canada also, and I really wanted that Turkish armor and ottoman doctor.

I'm sure you'll be able to download them eventually. I think the only things that you usually can't get later on are things that are platform-exclusive.

CRUDFACE
07-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

I'm sure you'll be able to download them eventually. I think the only things that you usually can't get later on are things that are platform-exclusive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, he's right, Ubisoft usually lets people download the stuff that's digital to a pre-order later on. It's the things like the encyclopedia and art books that are missed out on for good if you miss them once.

BoomJack94
08-02-2011, 03:37 PM
This is ridiculous! Why would they not include the Carte Blanches section in something I'm paying £70 for!!!!?? Obviously it's all about the money, but what happened to fan service?? This is so greedy of Ubisoft. I am totally disgusted. I LOVE Creed. I invest in everything Creed. And not they're are making me pay more money to get Creed stuff. Well how about this Ubisoft, I'm not buying it!!! Not unless you make a seperate Carte Blanches art book, as originally intened, and make it available to buy in the UK. With none of that over the top shipping charge.

Also I'm pretty sure all the pre-order DLC will be available later down the line, as all the Brotherhood pre-order DLC is avilable to download in the Da Vinci Disappearance DlC.

I'm so ****ed off right now.

LightRey
08-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by boomjack94:
This is ridiculous! Why would they not include the Carte Blanches section in something I'm paying £70 for!!!!?? Obviously it's all about the money, but what happened to fan service?? This is so greedy of Ubisoft. I am totally disgusted. I LOVE Creed. I invest in everything Creed. And not they're are making me pay more money to get Creed stuff. Well how about this Ubisoft, I'm not buying it!!! Not unless you make a seperate Carte Blanches art book, as originally intened, and make it available to buy in the UK. With none of that over the top shipping charge.

Also I'm pretty sure all the pre-order DLC will be available later down the line, as all the Brotherhood pre-order DLC is avilable to download in the Da Vinci Disappearance DlC.

I'm so ****ed off right now.
it's just a bunch of concept art. -___-

Black_Widow9
08-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Please post this here-
Official Assassin's Creed Revelations Editions Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7451033239)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>