PDA

View Full Version : Worst controls port to PC I've ever seen

DigiDemon_69
04-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Prince of Persia was at least playable...Assassin's Creed on PC is a joke. The camera controls mixed with the weird character controls have made this game unplayable for me. Console to PC ports general aren't the best to begin with, but this was just horrid. Spent all of 15 minute on my hard drive...uninstalled already.

Commander_18
04-10-2008, 04:38 PM
You could just plug in a $5 gamepad and play that way if you are unable to use a keyboard and mouse.

FYTJ
04-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Well, it is true that it takes some time to get accustomed to the controls. But if it makes the game totally UNPLAYABLE for you, then it is because you simply lack the intelligence to play it, sorry. I have played the console version and although a game pad makes things easier(there is no "wrong button" since there's a lot less buttons), combining buttons is something you'll have to do in either version of the game.
Of course if you only played for 15 minutes, it is normal that you didn't get the controls. If I was you I'd give it another, longer try. If you still don't get it, buy an easier game.

Crash_Plague
04-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by FYTJ:
Well, it is true that it takes some time to get accustomed to the controls. But if it makes the game totally UNPLAYABLE for you, then it is because you simply lack the intelligence to play it, sorry.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You just got owned digimon dude!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

NightOrchid
04-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Hi digidemon

I agree with FYTJ, however, not quite as harshly, I own the PC version, but you gotta play around with it a bit, but heres some things I found to help controls for me:

first, from within game, goto options: Graphics - Turn off VSync. from what i can tell (I may be wrong), it actually acts as a frame limiter (game is delayed and blurry when you turn the cam fast), turn down Shadows and play with the graphics.. this can slow PC response time down.

In Cam controls - increase X & Y axis look speed, I use about 8/10.

In customise keys.. play the game, start a fight, and see which keys work best for you.. also look at where your fingers fall as you panic at your keyboard in the fight (I did this), change to those keys.

AC is a skilled control system and a hard game to master (as was the 360 version, sometimes using 2 or 3 buttons for 1 task).. I will admit, the PC versions controls are hard to master, but ive played much worse ports. Dont give up dude, its nice on the PC.

You mustnt of got past the Tutorial, Im sure the PC one takes about 10 - 15 mins to finish, its fairly big.

Or buy a gamepad.

Good luck and lets know how you get on.
NightO

ltolman
04-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Here are my normal key mappings to a First Person Shooter game:

Key=Command

Up Arrow=Move Forward
Down Arrow=Move Backward
Right Arrow=Step Right
Left Arrow=Step Left
Number 1=Lean Left
Number 3=Lean Right
Delete Button=Jump
Enter Button=Action/Use
Right Shift Button=Walk/Run
Caps Lock=Toggle Run

So in Assassins Creed

Command=Key

Move Forward=Up
Move Backward=Down
Move Left=Left
Move Right=Right
Leg Action (Walk)=Right Shift
Head Action (Eagle Vision)=E
Target Lock=Middle Button on mouse

tracidje
04-11-2008, 06:02 AM
I actually think its one of the better console-pc ports I've played. It feels very natural to me.

antec641974
04-11-2008, 07:27 PM
What exactly is the problem?

If you spend a few minutes to customize the mouse and keyboard settings to your liking , this game is a classic.

This is a minor problem that is easily adressed.

Some ppl just like to nitpick a game to death..

Creed is pretty easy to master with a mouse and keyboard and i would highly recomend this game to PC players

PS. Direct X 10 is amazing...

Saldrin
04-12-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Crash_Plague:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FYTJ:
Well, it is true that it takes some time to get accustomed to the controls. But if it makes the game totally UNPLAYABLE for you, then it is because you simply lack the intelligence to play it, sorry.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you his tea bag *****? Both of you are wasting bandwidth, go be *****es some where else please.

The controls suck. And yes they scream of console idiocracy. Want to jump, press X, want to attack? Press the same X, want to dodge? Press X.... all the the basic actions ( What are there >10?) are controlled by a combination of two buttons.

This was probably done because the average brain cells of the console user is at a 4th grader level. And so people that want more control over their character might want a little more control to actually to a grab, toss and a dodge with three different keys instead of mashing one button...

It seems to ***T or whatever his name is, is one of the simplistic many that like this which has made consoles so popular (dumbing of the masses). While I have to agree with the idiot that it cannot make this game unplayable, the stupidity of it all make the game very un-enjoyable from a PC standpoint. Basic combat evolves into mashing the same two buttons like a monkey, which again, is what makes the consoles so popular, and clearly ***T happy. Might also be because Crash is applying his chin to ***T's balls.... personally I don't want to know.

It is a bad port. The core of the game is incredible! But the controls destroy the game. There is a keyboard for a reason with PC games: there are over 26 keys. Most of them doing nothing in this game. Laziness or bad design?

FYTJ
04-12-2008, 11:15 AM
1. Can't you read my sig?
2. Did you have a bad day or something?
3. Do you realize you are constantly contradicting yourself?
4. Why does it make you furious that some people(quite a lot of people actually) don't find the controls difficult? You are complaining about problems I and others did not encounter. Being vulgar and acting like a 13-year old who's suffering from all the testosterone his body suddenly started producing will not make us change our opinion, you know... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

quillan
04-12-2008, 11:25 AM
A standard QWERTY keyboard has 104 keys on it. Of those, 25 are within reach of the left hand at the default position as well as doing something. Ever notice that most shooters don't use the right side of the keyboard? That's the reason. WASD are used to move, that's 4. Those can't ever change, either, so contextual controls for those keys are out. This one ties the inventory to 1-4, so again those can't be used for anything else. I suppose it's possible they could have tied in Q, R, T, G, Z, X, C, V, and B instead, but I'd find that even more confusing than the current scheme. I don't have any problems with the control setup here, and I'm not really certain why others would.

BTOG46
04-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Yet another angry visitor from a shooter forum, why are they always so angry........ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Dannyboy198111
04-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by DigiDemon_69:
Prince of Persia was at least playable...Assassin's Creed on PC is a joke. The camera controls mixed with the weird character controls have made this game unplayable for me. Console to PC ports general aren't the best to begin with, but this was just horrid. Spent all of 15 minute on my hard drive...uninstalled already.

haha funny guy (muppet)

easy game controls try microsoft flight sim then complain about controls

BTOG46
04-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Spent all of 15 minute on my hard drive...uninstalled already.
I find it hard to believe that anyone who used hard earned money to buy AC would give up quite as fast as that.......... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

adarwinter
04-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by BTOG46:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Spent all of 15 minute on my hard drive...uninstalled already.
I find it hard to believe that anyone who used hard earned money to buy AC would give up quite as fast as that.......... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol. good point.
i agree that it takes more than 15 minutes to learn the controls since this game is controlled differently than the avarege game, but after like 30 minutes into the game i felt the controls are awsome, sharp and resposive and the only remapping i made was to move the empty hand button (SHIFT) to a 4th button on my mouse.

himself2008
04-12-2008, 02:39 PM
hmm i love the pc controls and hate the console controls lol. I find it so much easier with all the buttons revolving around a mouse and with a 5 button mouse each finger has something different to do - if you can master this its perfect.

hashbandit
04-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Have to say I completely agree with the original post that the controls are the worst ever for pc, they have made no attempt whatso ever to map the controls to the keyboard instead we get button combinations all to familar to the console market, this reminds me of RE4 for the pc and we all know how much of a sham that was and for me ac is no different and fails. And I've spent a lot more than 15mins playing it and it still ruins the game which is a pity because it looks great and if the controls were properly mapped it would have been great.

FYTJ
04-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Why don't you just customize them and map them your way? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

caswallawn_2k7
04-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Why don't you just customize them and map them your way? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
that would take thought and then they couldnt complain about something.

phelsen
04-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Yet another angry visitor from a shooter forum, why are they always so angry........ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

HEEEEEY, this is 1 off the few non shooter games i play....
so not all off them are a bunch of ?!*&!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

and i think its one off the best ports ive ever seen (for example resident evil 4 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif)

yes, the basic controls are 2 or 3 buttons, its when u use them that makes the game a bit more diff. yes, the controls needs to be altered to youre own. but thats not really a reason to come here and flame on official ubisoft forums.... go to a bar with youre friends and flame on them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Crash_Plague
04-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Ok, a two things I must say!!

Originally posted by Saldrin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crash_Plague:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FYTJ:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you his tea bag *****? Both of you are wasting bandwidth, go be *****es some where else please.

The controls suck. And yes they scream of console idiocracy. Want to jump, press X, want to attack? Press the same X, want to dodge? Press X.... all the the basic actions ( What are there >10?) are controlled by a combination of two buttons.

This was probably done because the average brain cells of the console user is at a 4th grader level. And so people that want more control over their character might want a little more control to actually to a grab, toss and a dodge with three different keys instead of mashing one button...

It seems to ***T or whatever his name is, is one of the simplistic many that like this which has made consoles so popular (dumbing of the masses). While I have to agree with the idiot that it cannot make this game unplayable, the stupidity of it all make the game very un-enjoyable from a PC standpoint. Basic combat evolves into mashing the same two buttons like a monkey, which again, is what makes the consoles so popular, and clearly ***T happy. Might also be because Crash is applying his chin to ***T's balls.... personally I don't want to know.

It is a bad port. The core of the game is incredible! But the controls destroy the game. There is a keyboard for a reason with PC games: there are over 26 keys. Most of them doing nothing in this game. Laziness or bad design? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Whatcha talkin' 'bout willis?

and number two.

1. Can't you read my sig?
2. Did you have a bad day or something?
3. Do you realize you are constantly contradicting yourself?
4. Why does it make you furious that some people(quite a lot of people actually) don't find the controls difficult? You are complaining about problems I and others did not encounter. Being vulgar and acting like a 13-year old who's suffering from all the testosterone his body suddenly started producing will not make us change our opinion, you know... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

oooooooooooooooooo, you just got owned by FTYJ!!!

*High five! for sensible forum members!!*

CoFFaN_
04-12-2008, 07:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Spent all of 15 minute on my hard drive...uninstalled already.
I find it hard to believe that anyone who used hard earned money to buy AC would give up quite as fast as that.......... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe Mommy & Daddy bought it for his 12th birthday?

I don't own a console so all my gaming is PC-based so this is no real issue for me but I think they have done a good job of only using a few buttons to accommplish all the possible actions.

trojan_pony
04-13-2008, 04:33 AM
Ohh do I hate fanboys (and girls for the poster with the attention seeking sig). Can you not just give it a rest. Your pathetic monopolistaion of the forum and felching of the game despite its flaws is annoying and embarassing.
The truth is the PC controls ain't great and the port is a very poor one. From the menu down it's failed to be translated satisfactorily to the PC. I mean having to login to exit the game. they do realise we don't switch our PCs off console style to quit? Saying that I agree that you can get used to the controls well enough to enjoy the game by persevering but it shouldn't be like that.
He has a real point about the camera as well. The control is constantly grasped from you at the most annoying moments and the blur and bloom effects are irritating. I can't see any logic behind vomiting vaseline over my screen each time combat begins. Surely an assasin's senses should sharpen not blur.

biggest complaint though. They made Kirsten Bell look ugly. How the f--- did you manage to make Veronica Mars look bad/

FYTJ
04-13-2008, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by trojan_pony:
The truth is the PC controls ain't great and the port is a very poor one.
The truth? How can you judge what is true and what isn't? Truth is relative, my friend. It is not because YOU find the port poor that it is true. I for example find it brilliant. Can I pretend it is true? No, I can't. Do you know why? Cause it's just MY opinion. Now since most people seem to agree with me, I think we can say that the port is probably not that bad. And don't forget that you can customize the controls, so what exactly is your problem? If you're still having trouble with them even after mapping them your way, you're problem is combinations and quick thinking/reacting. In that case, get the console version: you'll see that it's almost just as hard so stop calling it a poor port . Either version of Assassin's Creed will require combinations and quick thinking. If you can't combine and think that quickly, then you too lack the intelligence to play the game(I didn't say you lack it, I clearly said IF).
I am very, very sorry but Assassin's Creed is not an easy game.
Get Doctor Kawashima's Brain Jogging (http://www.brainage.com/launch/index.jsp) and play that for two months before you try Assassin's Creed, it might actually help.
PS: Alt+F4 will exit the game as well, you know...

the_assassin_07
04-13-2008, 05:47 AM
Ohh do I hate fanboys (and girls for the poster with the attention seeking sig). Can you not just give it a rest. Your pathetic monopolistaion of the forum and felching of the game despite its flaws is annoying and embarassing.
The truth is the PC controls ain't great and the port is a very poor one. From the menu down it's failed to be translated satisfactorily to the PC. I mean having to login to exit the game. they do realise we don't switch our PCs off console style to quit? Saying that I agree that you can get used to the controls well enough to enjoy the game by persevering but it shouldn't be like that.
He has a real point about the camera as well. The control is constantly grasped from you at the most annoying moments and the blur and bloom effects are irritating. I can't see any logic behind vomiting vaseline over my screen each time combat begins. Surely an assasin's senses should sharpen not blur.

biggest complaint though. They made Kirsten Bell look ugly. How the f--- did you manage to make Veronica Mars look bad/
Hey didn't you try to install viruses on my computer?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

caswallawn_2k7
04-13-2008, 05:51 AM
I must say the controlles in this are the easiest I have ever used apart from the mouse buttons everything is directly under your left hand and in easy reach so you never have to stop moving to do something.

ScytheOfGrim
04-13-2008, 05:52 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

I just read through this thread.
And I found it interesting that all of the vulgar language is posted by those that hate the controls, or the game.

Does that not tell you something?

the_assassin_07
04-13-2008, 05:53 AM
Yes, it tells me that they are angry hobos who like to swear.
Am I right?

ScytheOfGrim
04-13-2008, 05:55 AM
Had I had a heart, I would have said no, and then restated it in a more civilized manner, but I don't have a heart.

So, yes.
They're the idiots.

the_assassin_07
04-13-2008, 05:58 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

caswallawn_2k7
04-13-2008, 06:00 AM
what is this tag team noob bashing?

the_assassin_07
04-13-2008, 06:01 AM
Um well me, Stix and Scythe have telepathic powers and we can sense whenever we both wanna jump in the ring and make the noob bleed.

>.>

ScytheOfGrim
04-13-2008, 06:03 AM
And in this case, the noobs. ^_^

the_assassin_07
04-13-2008, 06:04 AM
^_^

GreenHornet1964
04-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Normally a keyboard gamer. Just natural. Don't care for consoles much but tried keyboard for a couple of days and then decided to try an xbox controller. Seems a little easier just 'cause of the panic jerk when sh** goes down. When an extra party drops in when your dancing in an ally, on the keyboard it just seems like I'm trying to do the ribic's cube with my left hand in panic mode. To each his own I guess. Guess I'm "Right Brained" lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

spazzoo1025
04-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Jeez, enough with the flaming already

just stick the the topic plz...

Crash_Plague
04-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by trojan_pony:
Ohh do I hate fanboys (and girls for the poster with the attention seeking sig).

What you trying to say, punk? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Cirap
04-14-2008, 04:33 AM
trust me when I say I'm usually the first one to bash a bad console>pc port, especially from UBI

but I've had absolutely NO problems with AC. controls feel tight and well mapped (I changed nothing!), good performance and zero crashes

the_assassin_07
04-14-2008, 05:43 AM
I don't see why the OP is complaining TBH. If he doesn't like the controls then... so what? Everyone else likes the controls or doesn't mind them and it's not like Ubi are gonna release a patch to change the controls or something so this thread should really be closed in my opinion. But there was no need to bash him, and I kinda did so I apologise.

Beerlake
04-14-2008, 07:34 AM
I played with Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 and didn't have any problems with the controls.

One thing I would have wished though would have been a separate controls for normal camera rotation and eagle eye camera rotation. Basically, when I'm in third person view I like my camera rotation inversed, but don't like it on first person view.

But it's not a big deal really, I barely used eagle eye anyway.

the_assassin_07
04-14-2008, 07:59 AM
Yeah to be honest there's not really a need for eagle vison, maybe sometimes it is useful but rarely.

caswallawn_2k7
04-14-2008, 08:02 AM
eagle vison is totaly pointless the range is much too short on it was trying to use it from roof tops to pick out people in a crowd but it didnt show any of them.

the_assassin_07
04-14-2008, 08:08 AM
Yeah, you have to be like in a 5ft radius of the people to see them glowing.

badcrunch
04-14-2008, 10:53 AM
these are the worst ****in controls ever.another game ****ed up by console shortcut garbage.combo's work half the time and the best is the hit and no damage,along with the ****in super soldiers.

the_assassin_07
04-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Why such foul language?
Relax, put your feet up and have a drink!

JaegerCaptain
04-14-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm really surprised by these negative comments about controls. I read in a review that the controls were a negative point as well. I don't get it.

They are the same controls as used in almost any such game, from GTA to Jedi Academy. The only control I really changed was the eagle vision, since I never use it. Also the chase camera is rather pointless. Would be better with just a rear view button you could use at all times.

I actually think the controls are more accurate and less prone to make you jump/climb in the wrong direction with a mouse than a game pad. I suspect the complainers aren't used to playing such games on a PC? And I thin the controls are BETTER than the Prince of Persia games because the camera doesn't get stuck in walls preventing you from doing a 360 degree sweep.

Commander_18
04-14-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm playing the PC version using keyboard and mouse. I have no issues with the controls.

phelsen
04-14-2008, 03:21 PM
ive read in a revieuw that the pc controls are indeed a bit akward but the writer of the article (that have tried ps3 and pc) written that pc controls beat the ps3 1 when u get use to them.

dacoolstas
04-14-2008, 11:14 PM
it all how you started gaming, Im sure this guy thats so pissed off at the controls was just used to the console controlers and when he started using the keyboard his brain overloaded.
its okay man just calm down
like assassins_07 said"Relax, put your feet up and have a drink"

quillan
04-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Funny you mention that, but having a drink helped me through the trial by combat part, which was frustrating the hell out of me. I waited till the next night, made myself a nice strong drink, and got nice and mellow before I started playing again. I breezed through that fight the first try last night, which was far better than the night before.

Of course, figuring out I could use dodge to avoid those unblockable attacks following a defense break really helped, too.

Rubim
04-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Key Map:

Left Mouse Button: Left Armm
Right Mouse Button: Right Arm
Middle Mouse: Head

GAMEPLAY OPTIONS, checked "Togle Agressive mode" and i change it to Mouse Button 4

Seguaro
04-15-2008, 09:48 PM
I play AC on the PC with a Logitech Dual Action Gamepad. I started out on the keyboard/mouse but found it difficult to get used to the keys, so plugged in my gamepad and have been using it since. This is unusual, since this is really the only RPG game that I don't play with the Keyboarb/Mouse. (I.E. Oblibion, Crysis, Halo 2, NWN 2 Gothic III, WItcher, etc.). I'm not a usual console player either. My son plays on his PS3 or Xbox and hates the keyboard/mouse when he gets on my computer, I had a hard time adjusting to the gamepad, but it's coming along now. As others have said the only part of game that gets me is combat with more than one adversary, and the combination of buttons. I tend to panic and start pressing buttons too fast.

dacoolstas
04-15-2008, 09:56 PM
this topic is done. lock.......lock......LOCK....damn i forgot, im not a moderator http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

NightOrchid
04-16-2008, 06:28 AM
Ive been playing now for 3 days and I must say, the controls are fine.. No problems at all, but then again, i did do something naughty.. I REMAPPED them all to my preference.. oo.. sorry i dint come on here and b*tch first, i did kinda think for myself and thats so not PC, however, now its much easier to play and, because Im using a 5 button mouse it makes it even easier.

Probably because pressing 2 buttons at once on a keyboard as well as a 2 or 3 button mouse can be difficult but its not THAT hard to learn.

The game is nice and stable and havent come across any bugs.. dont know what the problem is with the controls.

Just learn how to play the game. After the tutorial.. the game drops you in a quiet town, you have to walk to get the 1st mission, which means your under no pressure to do anything at first. Just use that time to learn the game, run around abit do some kills, pickpocket, lock on and stalk people.

Its not that hard, jeez, or go buy a console.

IMO, UBI have done an amazing job.

Enjoy
NightOrchid

Djinada
04-16-2008, 08:52 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FYTJ
Of course if you only played for 15 minutes, it is normal that you didn't get the controls. If I was you I'd give it another, longer try. /QUOTE]

Lol i have the PC version and i did it in like 2/3 mins the controls are to easy for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

caswallawn_2k7
04-16-2008, 09:11 AM
yep the controlls are realy no differant to any other shooting game apart from q and e are normaly turn/strafe. as for shift how often do you actualy find your self using it? other than to throw a guard from a high roof top.

FuuKuy
04-16-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm very happy with controllers.

The keyboard/mouse predefined combination is great. But it can change at your choice.

Or... you can use a gamepad.

So no problem with controls.

KungFu_CIA
04-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Here is a tip for the OP and anybody having problems with the keyboard and mouse controls:

Buy a Xbox 360 controller for PC.

Most games are now console ports and will play much better with their original control scheme.

Also...

Most PC gamers have a huge over-inflated sense of worth. They think just because they spend money on the latest and greatest hardware that game companies owe them "the world". The irony is when it is given to them they then whine it's too much a.k.a. Crysis is almost unplayable even on high end rigs - LOL.

However, the real heart of the matter is a lot of PC gamers are too immature to realize these basic facts:

-Most major developers and publishers are now doing almost exclusively console games.

If not, they are multi-platform games like AC. PC gamers are even lucky to get games like AC on the PC at all because of the 100% piracy rate on the PC platform. In fact, Epic (Unreal Tournament; Gears of War) just announced they are going to completely STOP making PC games because of the piracy rate. The irony is Epic started out as a primarily PC software company in the 1990s like most of the big names (Valve; EA; etc) in the industry.

-As stated, most games are console ports and thus, are designed to be played with a controller. Especially, the Xbox 360 controller since that is a major platform for development along with the PS3.

-Most PC gamers are shooter fans which means a majority are males from 13-25 on average. The aggression, lack of social skills and just plain anger you see from this age group is frightening. Especially on the internet...

BTOG46
04-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Sad, but oh so very true. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

JaegerCaptain
04-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by KungFu_CIA:
..PC gamers are too immature to realize these basic facts:

-Most major developers and publishers are now doing almost exclusively console games.

...100% piracy rate on the PC platform.

-Most PC gamers are shooter fans

...The aggression, lack of social skills and just plain anger

Thank you for that stereotypic generalisation.

What about people that play RPGs simply because there exist almost no classic RPGs on consoles (from Baldur's Gate to Neverwinter Nights 2)? Not to mention MMOs.

What about simulation games (flight simulator, driving sims, submarine sims etc.) that are only avaliable on PC?

I don't blame PC gamers for getting frustrated that extra content aren't released for the PC, like new maps for COD4. And that the flags in AC serve no purpose etc.

But whining about bad controls is just silly, since it's not reality. Sounds more like console kiddies that aren't used to play on the PC.

ToBiOh
04-16-2008, 04:49 PM
It would have been useful if you just could read the buttons. But the most time there's only standing something like Button-0 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

caswallawn_2k7
04-16-2008, 04:53 PM
thats because pc's use a numerical system for controllers most pc game pads have the numbers on them. then if your playing with a mouse its easy button-0 is left button 1 is right button 3 is the center button/wheel. if you have played any game on pc you would know this as it is very rare for a game to list it as left mouse button or right mouse button.

Acindo
04-16-2008, 08:40 PM
DragonballZ on the WII has more difficult controls then this game.. I remember tons of reviews saying the game was terrible just because the reviewers were to **** to figure out the controls.

Pretty sad.