PDA

View Full Version : Any Tips For Facing JJ?

Zombie.Face
04-02-2019, 06:16 AM
hey guys, I'm just struggling vs this specific hero. anyone have good tips to beat him 1v1? he's super hard and does damage. what characters can counter them?

Sweaty_Sock
04-02-2019, 10:32 AM
1) throw lots of guard breaks
2) he can hit you from distance, so stand on his toes
3) throw lots of guard breaks
4) have a go of him in training mode to learn the timing on his dodge attack and dodge attack soft feint
5) throw lots of guard breaks

Siegfried-Z
04-02-2019, 11:24 AM
1/Always look for the light finisher
2/Throw GB
3/Punish him on a whiff bash
4/Spam emotes on his dead body (JJ deserve it)😅

The heroe i am doing the best against JJ is Musha on my side but it depends to your playstyle.

You are the Valk guy threads. Valk is not good against JJ.

FlyinBeef
04-02-2019, 11:50 AM
Don't aprry anything, play very passivly:
1. If you see forward dodge attack (with sf into kick) then dodge it time and counter potential gb.
2. If you see side dodge attack then dodge back, I know it is possible to parry 400ms light feint, but it's very easy to make a mistake, I wouldn't risk.
3. If you see unblockable then just dodge back, his gb after feint will whiff.

Vakris_One
04-02-2019, 06:05 PM
Craic's bitesize tips vid has everything you need to know about fighting JJ in a 1v1 with only slightly outdated damage numbers:

https://youtu.be/3sdiYwzkFK8

Zombie.Face
04-05-2019, 02:35 AM
thanks for the tips friends! yes I'm the sad Valk guy haha. I'm really trying to play others since valk is too hard but i don't like most play styles of the others. so ill just have to play valk until he gets a buff or until i go insane!! good tips! thanks everyone.

Siegfried-Z
04-05-2019, 09:39 AM
thanks for the tips friends! yes I'm the sad Valk guy haha. I'm really trying to play others since valk is too hard but i don't like most play styles of the others. so ill just have to play valk until he gets a buff or until i go insane!! good tips! thanks everyone.

Valk is still good but it depends of the level of your opponents. I would say she is still strong till Plat level.
But against Diamond players and above it is hard to play her.

Try to use her in a different way than most others. Yesterday i fought a rep 49 Valk and totally wreck him with my own valk rep23 i didnt play for 2 months.. because 49 reps or not he was very predictable (too many shield crush, top lights and dash attack bait ..).

But, if i may. If you like Valk maybe you should give a shot at Kensei and Shaolin. You will maybe like them and they are a bit stronger than Valk.

Sweaty_Sock
04-05-2019, 12:18 PM
Valk is a machine in skilled hands, one of the few I have real trouble with. Before you say 'oh the punish on the sqeep' IT DOES 35 DAMAGE IF IT LANDS. most can GB for about 25-30

Edit on point if his dodges are giving issues guard the direction he dodges and get ready to dodge the other direction into anything he throws - get some valk deflect in there :)

EDIT: did I mention Guardbreak alot?