PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any actual complaints about the storyline mode?

TrueDemonzBane
01-06-2011, 05:20 PM
first and foremost, mods/admins, i'll be sending links to this thread to the feedback section, every time the page count rolls over

ok, so the actual question is, out of all the small complaints we have, like the brutus armor, are there any actual big problems with AC bro? the only thing i can think of is the shopquests, i didnt really like those, anyone else have a big complaint?

Jack-Reacher
01-06-2011, 05:23 PM
The entire economy concept, but thats just me

Abeonis
01-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Nope. /thread.

dchil279
01-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Didn't feel like Cesare was that much of an enemy. and didn't see how the 3 other targets were either. Just that they were templars. Wasn't fun to kill people that I knew nothing about

Jack-Reacher
01-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Oh yeah, and the entire assassinations themselves. Werent as thrilling as AC1

And lack of extreme chases. il stop there

Obreezy17
01-06-2011, 06:52 PM
I didn't like the whole 50% sync. I also thought the story was very short compared to the first two games </3

flyingeaglemile
01-06-2011, 08:53 PM
I didn`t like the game holding my hand through everything. Let me figure out how to climb a building on my own.

MrJLBoyyy
01-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Linear-feel, not knowing much about your targets, combat that felt like "kill them as fast as possible", and.... well, not really anything new.

NewBlade200
01-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Not enough changed from 2 to Brohood.
The changes in Rome from poor to rich are almost unoticable.
We ask ''can you make it so that we can take off our armour?'' Ubi says ''no, it's not like you were practically shouting at us since AC2 came out for it''.
The last few levels feel rushed.
Don't give me a district with nothing but a few doctors and a load of archers.
Ezio doesn't change as a charecter throughout the game (I like my chars to change and learn from their adventures, then to look back and think how much has changed).
Ezio's story doesn't seem to be as important in this one. You kill your targets because they are connected to Cesare, and because they're Templars.
Heading from one side of Rome to the other for the first time doesn't feel as awesome as getting to Venice for the first time, because of the lack of variation in landscape.
Finaly, the assassinations have become less fun than they used to be. Remember when they told you to gather information that, if used correctley, would lead to a swift and simple assassination, and, if not handeled correctley, would lead to a less fun level that you could complete with a smile on your face, but with less of a feeling of acomplishment? Yea thats long gone now.
The game is fun but it was too rushed. If the devs can do this much in the space of a year, then I would love to see what they can do in 2.

maglaromuna
01-06-2011, 10:18 PM
UBISOFT SAID THAT THE PAPAL GUARDS ARE THE BEST FIGHTERS EZIO WOULD FACE!!!!!!!!

PROBLEM IS!!!

THEY ARE NOT!!!!AND THERE ARENT MANY OF THEM!!!!

I WISH THAT I WAS IN THE POSITION THAT IS LIKE SURROUNDED BY 15 or 98 PAPAL GUARDS!!!

and yes, i am mad, because i was disappointed. and...CESARE DIDNT FEEL LIKE A TOTAL ******** WHO CONTROLS EVERYTHING AND LEADS OUT AN ATTACK IN ROME THAT WOULD FORCE THE ASSASSINS TO FLEE AND REVEAL THEMSELVES!!!..i felt like i just needed to kill him in order to finish the game.

AND AND THERE WASNT ANY EPIC BATTLE TOGETHER WITH YOUR SO CALLED RECRUITS WHO WOULD HELP YOU WITH BATTLING CESARE!!! I WOULD HAVE BEEN GLAD IF THE SCENE WE SAW IN THE AWESOME TRAILER DID HAPPEN AND IT WAS A DEFEATING BATTLE FOR THE ASSASSINS BUT THEY WILL STILL WIN IN THE END!!

maglaromuna
01-06-2011, 10:22 PM
AND THE FEEL OF THE ENVIRONMENT!!!.
IT DIDNT SEEM THAT WIND EVER EXISTED IN THIS GAME!!.IT ONLY DID WHEN YOU RUN!!.

IN AC 1 ALTAIRS OUTFIT MOVED WITH THE WIND!!1 IT WAS AN AWESOME EFFECT. IN THIS ONE NOTHING MOVED!!

Xanatos2007
01-07-2011, 02:12 AM
http://media.fakeposters.com/results/2009/07/17/aomtg84t24.jpg

Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:
The entire economy concept, but thats just me

Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:
Oh yeah, and the entire assassinations themselves. Werent as thrilling as AC1

And lack of extreme chases. il stop there
Thumbs to the sky, my good man.

Mr_Shade
01-07-2011, 03:38 AM
Indeed....

Can I remind people that posting in CAPITALS is considered shouting - so is very rude...

Masta_Pain
01-07-2011, 03:52 AM
Yep, the whole of Ezio's storyline was weak in comparison to AC2 and AC1. I had literally no motivation to kill my targets, and I barely got to know any of them. If they're going to improve that, they need to make them as meaningful as those in AC2 or better yet AC1.

SevketErhat
01-07-2011, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Masta_Pain:
Yep, the whole of Ezio's storyline was weak in comparison to AC2 and AC1. I had literally no motivation to kill my targets, and I barely got to know any of them. If they're going to improve that, they need to make them as meaningful as those in AC2 or better yet AC1.

Well said. They really need to fill the gaps in story more. Plus I got so carried away in side missions I needed to replay all the memories to refresh my memory about the story

Oronra1989
01-07-2011, 05:07 AM
Not just that, the whole 'You failed to gain full syncronization' rubbish was really aggrivating.

There were dozens of times when I'd assassinated the target flawlessly without a single soul knowing who or where it came from and it says "Ohhhh no you were sposed to do it like this!", it was like having a petulent child sitting next to me.
One of the best things about AC 1&2 was the sandbox control, you release actual people into a premade world and watch what they do. In this one I felt bored within minutes and nothing but aggrivated at the dryness of the plot.

Ubisoft have always made my favourite games but I have to say stuff like the latest Prince of Persia and this Assassin's Creed are starting to lose me.

Inorganic9_2
01-07-2011, 05:09 AM
I agree 100% with the whole "knowing your targets" thing. The targets were just there to make Cesare more convenient to get to and you learn nothing about their personal lives or why their deaths are justified. Why didn't Ezio just order his recruits to spread rumours about The Banker or get the thieves to rob his banks etc.?

It wasn't like they were doing anything outstandingly bad (that we knew of) either...even more os with AC1, it wasn't like they were doing anything outstandingly bad that could be justified by a 'good' outcome that made us actually think. I miss the whole having to think part of the games. "Did I really need to kill him if he claimed to do good?" "what were his final goals?" "no matter how noble these goals were, did the means by which he sought to achieve them justify his death?" etc. etc.

Finally, I didn't feel like cesare was that much of an "arch-nemesis" myself. Felt like he was...just there...

TheSpectator
01-07-2011, 05:17 AM
Also one thing that made nooooooo sense. Why did Ezio spare micheletto's life. The man was a mass murdering dog yet Ezio spared him. He'd done worse things than the banker but nope he got to live and probably go and kill many more innocent people. WTF!

Inorganic9_2
01-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Well, Ezio did say "I did not come here to kill you". He was right. Ezio went there to stop him killing Pietro.

TreFacTor
01-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Single player story complaints:

No replay plus feature- I preferred the replay system of AC1 where you simply selected a memory segment and continued the story from that point on. I would rather be able to play through the game with all of the unlockables and collectibles once I have done it to 100% once, to have to collect all of the flags, feathers, completing all of the guild challenges, collecting weapons, completing all of the lairs is far too tedious to do more than once. Not to mention you really only need the double hidden blade anyway so why make us jump through all of the hoops more than once.

Almost a million florens by the end of the game with nothing to spend it on.

Still can't remove that stupid cape.

Can't dye Aliars clothes and the picture of the outfit has Ezio's face but it's Altiar in the game...go figure.

TOOOOO EASY!!! Really the entire game is too easy. The new fighting is cool, but takes no skill to use, my wife looked like a master assassin once she figured out all she needed to do was move the thumb stick to highlight next foe with the blinking energy meter... I guess congrats goes out to the team for making a game that anyone could play.

Too linear! I know they're using computers and DNA to reenact the memories of Ezio, but no one remembers every detail of an event, especially the portions they weren't there to witness...this makes the game contradictory from beginning to end. You don't have to end each level a certain way, but your penalized for not doing it a certain way. I much preferred AC1 where you had to collect information on your target, and then had to decide the best way to take them out. Either bring hell or be a true assassin. I thought BH would at least allow multiple ways to take out your target and to complete the missions.

Superhuman senior citizens... chasing old priests who sprint like olympians...REALLY UBI? Is this a nod at StarWars or simply a lack of imagination for how to make this confrontation interesting?

Too many chase sequences...Thieves, messengers, fleet footed soldiers...I can deal with, but does every 1/4 of the game have to have a chase sequence.

Streets are too crowded...reduce the number of NPC on the street, and increase the distance at which they spawn... I can't tell you how many times I was chasing someone, had them in my sights, only to have some villager appear near the target just in time to take the blade in the back.

No epic battles. The fights are too short and don't require the assistance of your recruits while calling on them shortens the fight, and extremely tilts the odds in your favor.

You can pick up every weapon in the game from the start, even a broom...but not the cross bow...another illogical decision...SMH

The horses (ugliest horses I've ever seen...still in awe over RDR horses) run faster in the chase in the lair than they do in the open...Whaaat?

Closed off areas...this never made sense to me. If you want to prevent events from triggering once you enter an area, then simply don't make them available, why close of the area where they were to occur.

The penalty for killing civs...I thought everything was permitted.

The game felt too fast paced, it felt like it was rushing me to the end, and then the end was highly disappointing... not at all what was depicted in the preview trailers.

The ALMIGHTY Apple of Eden was worthless to fight with!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

IIwangcarsII
01-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Ezio didnt seem very angry that cesare had killed his uncle, he seemed pretty unemotional, and you may say that he is taught to be like that, well he wasnt and mario was near enough his only family and his mother and sister were under attack in the villa. I would be more satisfied with killing targets if ezio got satisfaction from the kills. He just didnt give a ****!

TrueDemonzBane
01-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
Ezio didnt seem very angry that cesare had killed his uncle, he seemed pretty unemotional, and you may say that he is taught to be like that, well he wasnt and mario was near enough his only family and his mother and sister were under attack in the villa. I would be more satisfied with killing targets if ezio got satisfaction from the kills. He just didnt give a ****! i agree, seeing how cesare killed mario, when he was down, and defencless, with a bullet in the back of the head, which is just unfair since guns had only been invented the week befor it seems, i was expectin ezio to go Warrior Within on us and be a brooding, aggro or at least emo anti-hero out for revenge willing to do anything to get revenge, even if he was trained to be an emotionless assassin

but no, they skipped straight to a Two Thrones thing where ezio just wants everything to end as soon as possible, which doesnt make much sense to me, not saying i wanted them to rip off their previous games, i just mean that ezio didnt seem to act the way someone morning the loss of a father figure would, still, i personally give the game a 7/10, they loose one point for storyline shortness and incoherence, one for the shop quests, and the last one is lost when you add up all the other tiny mistakes they made, no ubi, i wont penalise you for a small mistake in programming or design, but after about 20 of them i gotta do somethin about it, still, one of the better games i've played...god knows it's better than nier x.x

gonna make my first post to the feedback thread, but keep going guys, ubi needs to hear the harsh reality

germanosz
01-07-2011, 12:30 PM
It felt like an expansion pack.

Serrachio
01-07-2011, 12:31 PM
I was a little disappointed that they didn't make more Templar Agent missions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Black_Widow9
01-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by TrueDemonsBane:
first and foremost, mods/admins, i'll be sending links to this thread to the feedback section, every time the page count rolls over

ok, so the actual question is, out of all the small complaints we have, like the brutus armor, are there any actual big problems with AC bro? the only thing i can think of is the shopquests, i didnt really like those, anyone else have a big complaint?

Please post in the Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298) It is for

Your initial thoughts about the latest title in the AC series, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

This thread is for your feedback on what you think of the game, features, story, graphics, sound and anything else which is not a bug or issue with the game.
There is no need for another Feedback thread with links to Feedback.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>