PDA

View Full Version : Orochi buff suggestion

FlyinBeef
04-01-2019, 01:42 AM
I know that Orochi isn't a worst characters in For Honor and few other reworks are coming, but it will be very great to see mid-season patch in June maybe with buffs one of which will be for Orochi, especially it isn't a rework, it is buff with few mechains which Orochi already has, almost without new animations or special moves.
I always want unblockable to him, but my friend have very great idea which will make Orochi strong in 1v1 and viable in 4v4.

The buff:

1. Double top light is decent tool to interrupt iniciation, especially in teamfights, damage buff will make him more viable in 4v4, also it will be bigger punish for heavy parry - double light will be 17+10=27dmg

2. Side heavies are quite useless, and heavies have low damage compared with Zerker, I don't want to make Zerk 2.0, but Zerk is the example of good made assassin, low HP, big damage, Orochi have no unblockables, he is counterattacker, he wouldn't have infinite combo with HA and 400ms feints - all heavies should be 38dmg, or at least side and finishers, it will be fair, he will be kinda Aramusha but with decent iniciation and mobility, can do nothing against external block, but if enemy is under control/stun - he can deal big damage.

3. Riptide Strike and Storm Rush are quite useless too, for the most part because of undue risk, the 25dmg for both moves will be great change, also it will be very cool to give back possibility to change target before hit how it was on rework release. Make Lightning Strike and Zephyr Slash 20dmg.

4. Possibility to cancel recovery after each hit (yeah, like Zerk), expect Riptide Strike, Zephyr Slash and Lightning Strike, bacause it will look weird. This will give Orochi great mobility in teamfights, also he should have possibility to cancel heavy openers with dodges (like PK and Zerk).

5. Make second chain light 15dmg, 12dmg is too low, Zerk have infinite combo and feints, all with HA and with 15dmg, Orochi should have the same, cause it is only one omnidirectional lights and only after heavy in block, it will be decent iniciation for risk to be parried.

6*. I know that isn't a rework, but will it be difficult to make dodge attacks (Zephyr Slash and Lightning Strike) faster, rather make dodge-windows smaller? Mb like Shaman's or Tiandi's? It is not so important, but still.

I-Nibbiru-I
04-01-2019, 09:28 AM
I know that Orochi isn't a worst characters in For Honor and few other reworks are coming, but it will be very great to see mid-season patch in June maybe with buffs one of which will be for Orochi, especially it isn't a rework, it is buff with few mechains which Orochi already has, almost without new animations or special moves.
I always want unblockable to him, but my friend have very great idea which will make Orochi strong in 1v1 and viable in 4v4.

The buff:

1. Double top light is decent tool to interrupt iniciation, especially in teamfights, damage buff will make him more viable in 4v4, also it will be bigger punish for heavy parry - double light will be 17+10=27dmg

2. Side heavies are quite useless, and heavies have low damage compared with Zerker, I don't want to make Zerk 2.0, but Zerk is the example of good made assassin, low HP, big damage, Orochi have no unblockables, he is counterattacker, he wouldn't have infinite combo with HA and 400ms feints - all heavies should be 38dmg, or at least side and finishers, it will be fair, he will be kinda Aramusha but with decent iniciation and mobility, can do nothing against external block, but if enemy is under control/stun - he can deal big damage.

3. Riptide Strike and Storm Rush are quite useless too, for the most part because of undue risk, the 25dmg for both moves will be great change, also it will be very cool to give back possibility to change target before hit how it was on rework release. Make Lightning Strike and Zephyr Slash 20dmg.

4. Possibility to cancel recovery after each hit (yeah, like Zerk), expect Riptide Strike, Zephyr Slash and Lightning Strike, bacause it will look weird. This will give Orochi great mobility in teamfights, also he should have possibility to cancel heavy openers with dodges (like PK and Zerk).

5. Make second chain light 15dmg, 12dmg is too low, Zerk have infinite combo and feints, all with HA and with 15dmg, Orochi should have the same, cause it is only one omnidirectional lights and only after heavy in block, it will be decent iniciation for risk to be parried.

6*. I know that isn't a rework, but will it be difficult to make dodge attacks (Zephyr Slash and Lightning Strike) faster, rather make dodge-windows smaller? Mb like Shaman's or Tiandi's? It is not so important, but still.

I somewhat agree with point 1, 3 and 4, the rest is unnecessary in my opinion.

Side heavies are slower and deal 30 damage, top is faster and deals 35 damage, even if it we're to be swapped for the sake of consistency, (slower attacks deal more damage) it wouldn't make much of a difference since both his side heavies and his top heavy is guaranteed off of a guardbreak and they deal decent damage already so I don't feel he needs that damage buff.

Top light double tap damage buff I feel needed, but not 27, It would be too much and it would really upset console and new players, so just a bit of an increase would be fine.

Canceling heavy attacks with a dodge should've been there from the start it would be a huge quality of life improvement for him.

The damage buff for his dodge attacks I feel a bit too much I really only agree with the proposed 25 damage for Storm Rush, or like I've been suggesting before, swapping the damage values with Riptide Strike's, so 22 damage Storm Rush and 17 damage Riptide.

FlyinBeef
04-01-2019, 03:45 PM
I somewhat agree with point 1, 3 and 4, the rest is unnecessary in my opinion.

Side heavies are slower and deal 30 damage, top is faster and deals 35 damage, even if it we're to be swapped for the sake of consistency, (slower attacks deal more damage) it wouldn't make much of a difference since both his side heavies and his top heavy is guaranteed off of a guardbreak and they deal decent damage already so I don't feel he needs that damage buff.

Top light double tap damage buff I feel needed, but not 27, It would be too much and it would really upset console and new players, so just a bit of an increase would be fine.

Canceling heavy attacks with a dodge should've been there from the start it would be a huge quality of life improvement for him.

The damage buff for his dodge attacks I feel a bit too much I really only agree with the proposed 25 damage for Storm Rush, or like I've been suggesting before, swapping the damage values with Riptide Strike's, so 22 damage Storm Rush and 17 damage Riptide.

Thanks for you answer, mb you right in all you said, but I don't think 5 is unnecessary, it is all his iniciation and thing to open passive opponents.

UbiInsulin
04-01-2019, 07:01 PM
Thanks for these suggestions! I'll send them on. There was some discussion of Orochi last week that we sent as well: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2021551-Orochi-unviable .

I-Nibbiru-I
04-01-2019, 08:35 PM
Thanks for you answer, mb you right in all you said, but I don't think 5 is unnecessary, it is all his iniciation and thing to open passive opponents.

You mean point 5, the second chain light buff? Yeah I somehow completely skipped over that but it seems fair to me.
Seriously, I think a lot of improvement could be achieved with Orochi, by simple number tweaks, one further thing I'd like for him is a little bit more stamina pool and or less stamina penalty for blocked and whiffed attacks.