PDA

View Full Version : Next Assassin's Creed game to be set in the viking age

GERALTdinRIVIA
03-31-2019, 10:33 AM
There's a poster in the division 2 with a viking looking guy holding a spear and a apple of eden
In the upper part of the poster is the word Valhalla( viking afterlife for brave warriors)
So could this be the next assassin's creed game
Totaly!!!
I prefer vikings over rome
Proof that this is true:
Locations of the previous games were leaked in older ac games
Ex: origins was leaked in black flag
There's a kotaku journalist that leaked 5 or 6 previous ac games
He said that the legion leak is fake
There's artwork for a viking themed assassins creed
All this results that it's very likely the next game will be set in the viking age
Nothing confirmed tho
I still think rome will be the next game but my opinion is divided
50% rome
50% Vikings

bizantura
03-31-2019, 10:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu2KyRTzbcA

Who knows, rumors are rumors after all.

ProdiGurl
03-31-2019, 11:36 AM
Vikings or Rome, - I'm all in on both locations.
My least fav. is anything Samurai/Ninja but I'll still play it =)

Cheyenne1894
03-31-2019, 11:37 AM
Assassin's at the time of the Vikings hmmm i thought Vikings were more honorable fighters then being assassins. At least that's what i know about Vikings they were not afraid of death as long as it was an honorable death. But maybe i am wrong and that there were cowardly Vikings as well … why not.

So my vote goes out to Rome.

Treshcore97
03-31-2019, 11:57 AM
I've seen this video by JorRaptor too. Shortly after watching it, told my friend to buy a new good PC to finally play new AC games XD

Still, I don't think that we're gonna see viking era in the next game. It has to be Rome. Let me tell you why.
Telling the truth, we haven't seen the origins of Assassins. What we've seen in Origins game were just some sort of roots. Bayek and Aya aren't Assassins yet, so I think that there should be a straight strand between the names of "The Hidden Ones" and "Assassins". Also, we haven't seen how was the motto of Assassins created ("Nothing is true, everything is permitted") and three main rules of the Brotherhood.
And, of course, we haven't seen the origins of Templars. The Ancient Ones are, well, look like stupid cult we've seen in Far Cry series. They don't look like the real enemies. As for me, true Templars have some other roots, and these roots can be truly connected to Jesus Christ, and I really hope that there will be some sections (maybe, like breaks from Unity) where you can visit the time when Jesus was alive and see, what really happened.
As we can see, there are lots of plot holes, which should be fixed and called an Ancient Era of Assassin's Creed games.

Still, viking game can be a nice entry for the next-gen Assassin's Creed. Despite Unity was a good game, it is mostly known for its bugs and glitches. It was a completely new version of the Anvil Engine and it didn't really worked well.
The viking setting is not something people want to see. I mean, really. Most people want Japan, but game in Japan just has to be something great and epic in the whole series. Viking setting can be a good platform to work out some mechanics and features.

And yes, we know that Ubisoft do not comment any rumors. They can even close this topic just because this can do something with their plans. So please, do not close it. It is okay to discuss player's discoveries in your games and look forward. Thanks!

Olympus2018
03-31-2019, 12:10 PM
Just rumours.... Nothing but rumours. It would be more interesting to see an AC game set in Byzantium. There would be Vikings too, of course. The Varangian Guard of the Eastern Roman empire (Byzantium) was made up of Vikings and later Saxons... So, this hypothetical Byzantine game would combine Romans, Greeks and Vikings at the same time! Also, the map would be huge, including modern day Turkey, Greece and the rest of the Balkans...

NeoBeum
03-31-2019, 01:16 PM
NORSEMEN!

If I cannot pee on someone... There will be fire and burning in the community!

https://i.imgur.com/3w8swsT.jpg

Yes
https://i.imgur.com/tp14bT4.png

Cheyenne1894
03-31-2019, 01:22 PM
NORSEMEN!

If I cannot pee on someone... There will be fire and burning in the community!

https://i.imgur.com/3w8swsT.jpg

I have to say that you are one disgusting human being.

Caythleen
03-31-2019, 01:25 PM
I have to say that you are one disgusting human being.

Yeah well, it was kinda funny at first, but now he posts it everywhere and it is not funny anymore.

I would love the game in both Rome or in a vikings setting. I don't really mind. Medieval India would be also interesting.

ninja4hire10
03-31-2019, 01:51 PM
When this idea of a Viking Age AC started get attention on here, I didn't dig it. Didn't make sense. But some of the more knowledgeable contributors on here offered some insight into what such a game would be like and I really warmed to it. All the pieces would be there: the sailing, the small villages, Norse gods and mythological monsters. I'd be surprised if we DON'T see a viking game at some point. And I know Feudal Japan tops a lot of player's must-go lists as far as AC settings, but it's my least favorite, seeing as how that Ghost of Tsuhima or whatever it's called it supposed to come out and that looks pretty much like an AC game, minus the lore. I'd still buy it and play it, though.

Who knows if Ubi puts little Easter eggs here and there? The viking Easter egg might only be a fun tease and not really be anything more than that. But I do so love all the fan speculation and rumors.

There still may be a little bit of truth to the 2020 Rome game as a way to close out the trilogy before introducing a completely revamped AC on the new consoles. which (I think) is Ash's current project.

Infinite_Gnosis
03-31-2019, 01:54 PM
Assassin's at the time of the Vikings hmmm i thought Vikings were more honorable fighters then being assassins. At least that's what i know about Vikings they were not afraid of death as long as it was an honorable death. But maybe i am wrong and that there were cowardly Vikings as well … why not.

So my vote goes out to Rome.

What makes you think assassins are cowards and not honorable fighters?

Cheyenne1894
03-31-2019, 02:10 PM
What makes you think assassins are cowards and not honorable fighters?

Because the way i know assassins ( like in Odyssey ) is that they kill their targets in a sneaky and so a cowardly way and they try to avoid face to face combat.

There is nothing honorable in killing your target in a sneaky not face to face combat.

Same goes for archers snipers soldiers with firearms etc. etc.

doomsdaybunnies
03-31-2019, 03:04 PM
AC Vikings............ I hope Ubisoft will make:
1.. character customization or at least choose the gender. Just like Odyssey.
2. I want to play a female character on par or even better than Kassandra. :rolleyes:
3. the rest is up to imagination...... vikings outfits,... YAAAAY!!! If you probably watched Vikings the series, you'll know what I'm talking about.

ProdiGurl
03-31-2019, 03:42 PM
I want a whole Dragon housing community :cool: - let's ride dragons :)
How to Train Your Dragon

Olympus2018
03-31-2019, 06:01 PM
Because the way i know assassins ( like in Odyssey ) is that they kill their targets in a sneaky and so a cowardly way and they try to avoid face to face combat.

There is nothing honorable in killing your target in a sneaky not face to face combat.

Same goes for archers snipers soldiers with firearms etc. etc.

Νinja/shinobi is the Japanese equivalent of an Assassin: Sneaky and stealthy "non-honorable" killer from the Far East.

GERALTdinRIVIA
03-31-2019, 07:50 PM
My toughts exactly
I don't like the japan thing
A don't know why people are like crazy about this

GERALTdinRIVIA
03-31-2019, 07:52 PM
Assassins aren't cowards
They are honorable and don't fear death much lik vikings
But they act from the shadows for thus is their way of life

GERALTdinRIVIA
03-31-2019, 07:58 PM
On the wiki we see that ragnar lothbrok was part of the norse brotherhood and became master assassin at 22(younger than altair)
So this might say it all
And the argument with "vikings only fought mano a mano and didn't sneak around" are wrong
Becouse who would have tought that assassins creed will take place in the middle of the peloponesian war
Which is a WAR

LDS_Darth_Revan
03-31-2019, 09:33 PM
My toughts exactly
I don't like the japan thing
A don't know why people are like crazy about this
There are a few reasons I can think of why people are interested in having an Assassin's Creed game set in Japan. After all shinobi are one of the if not the first thing that pops into people's heads when thinking of ancient assassins.

That said I wouldn't want the next game to be Japan since I think a game involving it should be part of it's own trilogy like Ubisoft has been doing lately. So the next one should be Rome or the Vikings to connect to the theme of this trilogy, then the next trilogy could be an East Asia one that goes to places like Japan, China, India, etc.

binskies
03-31-2019, 10:29 PM
I am also not a big fan of the Japan idea, time will tell. I do like the Byzantine angle though. That sounds very interesting.

GERALTdinRIVIA
04-01-2019, 07:56 AM
Yeah
In the end ubisoft will do a assassins creed game with all the time periods
They will never stop making ac games becouse is profitable
But im not complaining
It's definitely my favorite series and as long as theres more ac im happy

gehenna27
04-01-2019, 12:04 PM
On the wiki we see that ragnar lothbrok was part of the norse brotherhood and became master assassin at 22(younger than altair)
So this might say it all

I'm afraid to say you've looked at the wrong wiki. That's on the "fanon" wiki.
I had no idea that that was a thing that exists.

Sam_Boo26
04-01-2019, 12:57 PM
Both Vikings or Rome sound really great to me. I'm really curious about what's to come :)

Joao.Martins.91
04-02-2019, 08:58 PM
I would like to see an Assassin's Creed game in Portugal, or portuguese assassin.

There's so much history where they can related with Portugal.

But that's only me who wish that, I suppose.

gehenna27
04-04-2019, 03:23 PM
I would like to see an Assassin's Creed game in Portugal, or portuguese assassin.

There's so much history where they can related with Portugal.

But that's only me who wish that, I suppose.

Might feel a bit like they would be treading familiar ground if they set one in Portugal though.

Xstantin
04-05-2019, 07:34 PM
Given how Odyssey went it'll be the cheesiest pop culture dreck based more on History's Vikings than actual historical sources.

Also, 10 horned helmet variations to loot. And Ragnar Lothbrok, maybe even during beginning tutorial to let people know it's the game about Vikings.

GameGuru2018
04-05-2019, 07:50 PM
Best place - is Rome. Now I'm sure. It can be one of the greatest Assassin's Creed ever. Invincible Rome. Greatest Empire. With beautiful and touching music.... and heartbreaking story....It's your chance, developers! Chance for outstanding Game. (Just one tragedy of Pompeii is worth developing the game.) https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/Joseph_Wright_of_Derby_-_Vesuvius_from_Portici.jpg

RVSage
04-05-2019, 10:39 PM
Like the idea of a viking setting , and Jason from Kotaku normally is right about these "leaks"

bizantura
04-06-2019, 11:27 AM
I would not mind that in 2020. I am ready for a new AC game. And you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz8vtV0Qusk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Qz5FRgs90

Olympus2018
04-06-2019, 11:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPCUIoZlr0U

ninja4hire10
04-06-2019, 02:14 PM
I think the leak's fake, as I usually do, despite Kotaku's decent track record in regards to accuracy. But if...IF...there's ANY truth to the rumor, I'm absolutely down with it. Besides, I thought the 2020 game was supposedly Rome to close out Aya's story and the ancient trilogy, at least according to the other "leak."

BTW, what was the video footage being shown? That wasn't supposed to be leaked footage, was it? 'Cause if it was, holeeee $@#*!

DreadGrrl
04-06-2019, 02:29 PM
I’m honestly not overly excited about the idea of Rome: especially since it wouldn’t be a new locale.

A Viking era game is very exciting for me. A bit of info was dolled out about a Viking age Assassin in Rogue’s modern day segments, so I hope that will be expanded on. It was tied in with the Viking invasions of the British Isles. The Viking era could give us a huge map with a lot of water. Naval exploration on a longship might be a lot of fun.

ninja4hire10
04-06-2019, 02:43 PM
I just finished all three vids linked in the above posts, and they do make some interesting points/arguments that make the Viking rumor feasible, even outside Jason's confirmation. I do think they should finish the trilogy first for closure, provided the plan (as rumored) was an AC ancient trilogy.

Originally I was against the Viking thing, but now I'm all for it, 'cause yeah, all the pieces are there: large full scale battles, naval conflict, Norse gods and mythology (having to fight the Fenris Wolf..yeesh.)

So I'm so-so on the truth of the rumor now after the vids, but I'll say ti again: if it's true, yippy. That's my official comment.

bizantura
04-06-2019, 02:47 PM
Jason Schreier track record might be good but I agree it is more speculation than anything. None the less it excites me. I understand people that are more for a trilogy of sorts and favor a Rome setting.
Personally, I favor the Viking Era.

GameGuru2018
04-06-2019, 03:49 PM
I don't believe Jason from Kotaku. He may be wrong. Rumors, as usual, don't lie. Rumors for Rome. Developers, if it is so.....don't forget about Alps! https://c.wallhere.com/photos/44/a9/photography_nature_landscape_mountains_clouds_summ er_storm_dirt_road-1273.jpg!d

crimsonbrood
04-06-2019, 06:02 PM
Honestly would like that. Also, ISU artifact shield sounds like we can have more fun with it as they build on the RPG track they seem to be going.

Either way, if an AC was set in the Viking era, it would be something to want to see.

AmazingAmun
04-06-2019, 07:00 PM
I am down for Assassin's Creed Legion or Assassin's Creed Skyrim...err...I mean Kingdom! ;)

faiswol341
04-06-2019, 07:12 PM
I just hope they learn Now that's people do not want that temporary quest or every day event or store like sourgn or what ever it's name and the map should be little bit smaller and and focus more to side countant and I will definitely not baying in first day I will wait at least 4 months oh forgot something I really want that i can talk to NPC and react t them

DreadGrrl
04-06-2019, 07:18 PM
I just hope they learn Now that's people do not want that temporary quest or every day event or store like sourgn or what ever it's name and the map should be little bit smaller and and focus more to side countant and I will definitely not baying in first day I will wait at least 4 months

I love having a daily event. I love the weeklies, too. I also like the in-game Helix store shops (Odyssey and Origins) and the Olympic Gifts and Heka chests.

I want these things.

faiswol341
04-06-2019, 07:28 PM
I love having a daily event. I love the weeklies, too. I also like the in-game Helix store shops (Odyssey and Origins) and the Olympic Gifts and Heka chests.

I want these things.

no the helix store whats make this world have no reason to explore ust imagine f the items you can find them by doing something special and it reword you more and yu like same event every time to just have the XP drachme that's you don't have to much thing you can spend on because it's all with the oricalcum and excuse me If I want more story side story and deep exploration thats let you search every corner or

Slimgrin
04-06-2019, 07:48 PM
I'm intrigued by this. Especially if we play a young raider who ends up getting recruited as an Assassin on the continent. There you'd have the architecture for parkour and technology you'd need as an assassin.

AmazingAmun
04-06-2019, 08:03 PM
I really like the idea of both settings. With Kotaku's track record I will say the Viking game is 95% likely. This does not mean I think the Rome setting is not going to happen. I think there is a possibility of the Unity & Rogue situation.

AC Kingdom - Next Gen
AC Legion - Current Gen

Olympus2018
04-06-2019, 08:59 PM
Assassin's Creed: Trojan War...... will do, as well!

crimsonbrood
04-06-2019, 10:29 PM
I was just thinking, no matter when the next game takes place, there may/should be some hints to the keeper/eagle bearer/Kassaxios (Kassandra/Alexios). Not wanting to see the person directly, but maybe a shadow in the distance watching everything or something like that.

DreadGrrl
04-06-2019, 11:02 PM
I really like the idea of both settings. With Kotaku's track record I will say the Viking game is 95% likely. This does not mean I think the Rome setting is not going to happen. I think there is a possibility of the Unity & Rogue situation.

AC Kingdom - Next Gen
AC Legion - Current Gen

Do you think they’d do that again? It seems risky.

Rogue was ignored by a lot of people (myself included), as it came across as more a consolation prize for previous gen players than a legitimate entry in the franchise.

I’ve now played Rogue, and I think it is terrific. I really don’t think that I’ve Ubisoft did the game justice by not including a version optimized for the Xbox One on release (or shortly thereafter).

DreadGrrl
04-06-2019, 11:06 PM
Assassin's Creed: Trojan War...... will do, as well!

You’re just being greedy, now. :p

I want Scandinavian (Viking) Scotland (Orkney, Shetland, etc.). How much fun that would be? :D

DrkLrdLegion
04-07-2019, 02:16 AM
Vikings were raiders who travel across the water in attacking the coastlines for goods. There is no way that Vikings are going to be the next AC game setting. Think about this.....Crusades, American Revolution, Italian Ress, French Revolution, Victoria Era, Russian Revolution...all of those setting has a huge impack to the world history. Vikings didn't do anything that could effect the world history. Roman Empire did more then what vikings did.

The whole series of Assassin Creed was about Order vs Brotherhood (aka Chaos or even Free Will) Roman Empire would fit perfect into it. Spartacus would be perfect for an Assassin. History states that Julius Ceasar was Assassinated. History of Crusades was actual lead by a Pope. Pope are Victian citizen. Victian lies within Italy boundaries.

GERALTdinRIVIA
04-07-2019, 07:37 AM
So it's official
The next assassin's creed game is going to be in the viking age
This has been confirmed by a guy at kotaku that also accurately leaked all the previous games since ac4
So ac4, rogue, unity, syndicate, origins and odyssey
6 games leaked by 1 man
You can say this guy knows his stuff
The game is codenamed kingdom but the name would be changed
Some interesting names would be valhalla, ragnarok or maybe slain warrior
Also is very likely that the asssssin logo would be changed for the valknut (symbol of the slain warriors)
Kotaku said that they knew from 2 independent sources that the next game would be vikings
When the division 2 tease got to the surface, kotaku acted
"Never pounce on an advantage as soon as it appears. Wait till it stands to have maximum effect"
Uncle Vesemir's words
They learned from that, and acted in time for this info to get to a wider audience
If they posted the leak earlier, a lot of people wouldn't belive them, but rather that ancient rome was the next setting
This guy im talking about responded to the legion leak saying it was fake
All this proves that the next assassin's creed will be indeed in the viking age
At this point im 99% sure that's the case but unless ubisoft says it it's not written in stone

P.S. i wann hear what are your toughts regarding this

DrkLrdLegion
04-07-2019, 08:25 AM
Dont believe the rumors of what will be the next AC game

GERALTdinRIVIA
04-07-2019, 08:30 AM
Did you even read what i said?

spy4u
04-07-2019, 08:33 AM
Hmm, i can hardly imagine an AC game with a viking setting. One of the most important aspects of an AC game was always an interesting historical setting in regions with a rich history to reference in the story. What can vikings offer in this aspect except valhalla? :D

Edit: It could be a separate franchise, non AC

GERALTdinRIVIA
04-07-2019, 08:49 AM
You have no idea freiend
Vikings might be the best seting for a ac game ever
I assume you don't think very highly of them like most people
I know their history and culture
Get some info first then comment
Let me tell you
They were a fascinating civilization and weren't as savage as some describe them
Sure, they liked violence, but that's becouse this was their belief
They weren't afraid of killing becouse their religion permitted them
Not like christianity
It's in human nature, it's in our nature to be killers and we can't fight our own nature
That's why i prefer the norse religion over all the others
I don't belive in odin or the norse gods but their ideals
Christianity is no more than a tool used by the strong to keep the weak in order
They implanted fear in our minds
The fear of hell and eternal suffering
They wanted to stop us from doing immoral things
And they succeed
That's why i think most religions are bad and my creed is the words spoken by the assassins
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted
Reminds us thet no one can't tell us the truth and that we must find it ourselves
And it reminds us that morality or law should not be a dead end, but expand beyond that
All the great people were immoral and none of them were afraid of change, of breaking the rules in order to bring change
The vikings lived by the very same principles by an extent
That's why this setting is perfect
Most people who described vikings were invaded by them
So tell me if i invaded you, would you describe me as how i am or would you describe me as being a barbarian?
They did this to slender they name, did this becouse they knew that their words will remain
So i say their culture was more than you think

DrkLrdLegion
04-07-2019, 09:25 AM
If there is going to be the next AC game, it has to fit perfectly with the idea of ISU.

Another thing, it also has to fit into a setting of where there is two factions
ACI through AC Syndicate: Templar Order vs Assassin Brotherhood.
AC Origins: Cleopatra vs Ptolemy (Ancient Order)
AC odyssey: Sparta vs Athenia. (Ancient Order)

It also has to fit with the theme of settings
Crusades
American Revolution
Italian Ress.
Russian Revolution
Victoria Era
French Revolution

All of the above has a huge effect on world culture

Roman Empire would fit perfect.....
Several Reasons are this......

1. Having Ancient Order finally end completely.
2. Discuss more about ISU culture falling and add more about Adam/Eve's ideas of rebelling against ISU. (Roman God Culture fall apart due to the Rising of Christianity)
3. Roman Empire faced many uprising within their territory, hint "Chaos" among the Order.
4. Roman Empire territory reached the certain area that used to be apart of Persian Empire, Greek Territory, and Egypt.

spy4u
04-07-2019, 09:25 AM
As far as i know, the vikings invaded parts of Britain and Iceland. But they mostly did plunder coastal regions. They were the best sailors of their time, there are also theories that they discovered "America" long before Columbus. I don't know anything about their culture and i wouldn't designate invading and plundering as culture.

I agree that the "killer instinct" is in human nature, but that only concerns a minority. There are hunters and gatherers and i think that most of us are gatherers. Morality is an instrument to protect gatherers from hunters. Without this protection mankind would not have survived that long :D

Olympus2018
04-07-2019, 09:26 AM
So it's official
The next assassin's creed game is going to be in the viking age

It is not official. It is still unofficial.

GERALTdinRIVIA
04-07-2019, 09:30 AM
It survived dor thousands of years
Do you think the mankind isn't that old?
Wrong
People existed since forever basically
They survived much longer without this moral than with it
So i dont think what you say about moral is true
And even today only the strong prosper in this world

I said 99% sure
The official parr was a quote from the kotaku article
But trust me
The next game will be about vikings

Olympus2018
04-07-2019, 09:57 AM
I said 99% sure
The official parr was a quote from the kotaku article
But trust me
The next game will be about vikings

Kotaku made accurate predictions in the past but they were all released just months before the game was ready for the public. This time, he made a prediction about a game that will be released one or one and a half year later. So, it is less certain than before.... I want to see AC Vikings as much as the next person, make no mistake. The setting will probably be in South Sweden...
However, if the next game would be AC Byzantium, we would see the Vikings interacting with the Eastern Roman Empire too!

GERALTdinRIVIA
04-07-2019, 10:02 AM
I doubt they will make that for curent gen
And who said the next ac doesn't come out this year?
Ubisoft?
Well yes but thsy said the same thing about 2018
They said " no new game this year" but odyssey came out
So we might see it at this e3 releasing this year
Who knows
And i won't be so sure they wanna risk it releasing only watch dogs 3
Guess we will see, but I'd rather see byzantium on next gen console
With a huge map and better graphics

diudiusing2014
04-07-2019, 11:00 AM
there will be at least two assassin creed game in developement
:
1st: the sequel of AC origins
2nd: Assassin creed viking
3rd: the last installment of AC game after AC victory

GERALTdinRIVIA
04-07-2019, 11:03 AM
You have no idea what you're talking about
There is no bayek sequel in development
The origins team works on Vikings so we won't see a bayek sequel until 2023 if at all
And what ac victory?
There's no such ting and the ac franchise is fae from over

Caythleen
04-07-2019, 12:49 PM
I doubt they will make that for curent gen
And who said the next ac doesn't come out this year?
Ubisoft?
Well yes but thsy said the same thing about 2018
They said " no new game this year" but odyssey came out
So we might see it at this e3 releasing this year
Who knows
And i won't be so sure they wanna risk it releasing only watch dogs 3
Guess we will see, but I'd rather see byzantium on next gen console
With a huge map and better graphics

No, they didn't. There was no word from Ubi stating that they wouldn't release AC game in 2018.

And don't call this official. It is not official if it is not confirmed by Ubisoft.

You have no idea what you're talking about
There is no bayek sequel in development
The origins team works on Vikings so we won't see a bayek sequel until 2023 if at all

And ooooh, so you are an insider now? You have this information from one of the developers? If no then you are the one who doesn't know what is he talking about.

You just repeat rumors based on possible easter eggs and call it the truth.

ProdiGurl
04-07-2019, 12:51 PM
HOT DANG ! I'd love it and hope this is really true but like I always say, I'm ok with pretty much anywhere they go.

Caythleen
04-07-2019, 12:56 PM
HOT DANG ! I'd love it and hope this is really true but like I always say, I'm ok with pretty much anywhere they go.

I would love it too :D But this is the same like it was before with "the next AC is 100% from Rome empire!"... just rumors...

I would still prefer Vikings over the antient Rome xD

ProdiGurl
04-07-2019, 01:03 PM
I would love it too :D But this is the same like it was before with "the next AC is 100% from Rome empire!"... just rumors...

I would still prefer Vikings over the antient Rome xD
Ya me too, much as I'm fanatical about Rome... but my beloved Ezio (<3) had 2 games there already.
We won't actually know for sure till official statements are made or closer to release.

I think it would be alot of fun and very interesting

Sam_Boo26
04-07-2019, 01:03 PM
I would like both the Vikings and Ancient Rome as settings so I don't really mind what it would be and I won't take it seriously until we have a confirmation from Ubisoft, but I'm pretty sure they would complete the Ancient trilogy (with Rome or something else) before going to the Vikings, who are in Middle Age.

Dutchman141
04-07-2019, 01:27 PM
I was hoping for the next AC to take place in England or Europe during the middle ages, a Viking setting would be the next best thing so I'm perfectly alright with it if it's true.
I would buy it in an instant.
A Roman Empire setting would be okayish I guess but imho a bit to similar to the Greek setting, a Japanese setting would be my last choice of preference.

GERALTdinRIVIA
04-07-2019, 01:33 PM
Calm down people
If you don't wanna belive it then don't
It's simply logic here
Bayek sequel after 2 games?
Makes no sense
Ac victory?
whatever in God's name is that
And again id uou don't wanna belive what i say about vikings then just dream about a bayek sequel and leave me alone

Caythleen
04-07-2019, 01:46 PM
Calm down people
If you don't wanna belive it then don't
It's simply logic here
Bayek sequel after 2 games?
Makes no sense
Ac victory?
whatever in God's name is that
And again id uou don't wanna belive what i say about vikings then just dream about a bayek sequel and leave me alone

Haha, first you say "Calm down people!" and then you go rant yourself (again) :D Hypocrite ;)

GERALTdinRIVIA
04-07-2019, 01:49 PM
Be nice here man
You're not on YouTube so if you keep insulting me like that we're gonna have a problem

Caythleen
04-07-2019, 01:52 PM
? Since when is hypocrite an insult? Go google for the word, ok?

GERALTdinRIVIA
04-07-2019, 01:55 PM
well i feel very bad because you called me that
I don't care what it is
I just appealed to logic and you call me an hypocrite
Makes no sense

Dutchman141
04-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Jason Schreier has been right a couple times about the next AC game so I think this rumour holds quite some merrit.
The guy has a good insight on what game devs are up to, just read his last piece about the Anthem debacle.

It's still a rumour though but I would be verry happy with a Viking setting for the next AC.

Caythleen
04-07-2019, 02:02 PM
:D Yeah, you obvisouly don't know what the word means. Go look at your posts and how you talk to the other people in this topic. You are on border to agressive to some in order to defend your beliefs on the future games. And then you call to others to "calm down". Hence me calling you hypocrite. You should be the first to actually calm down before you tell others to do so. Do you understand now?

It isn't an insult.

GERALTdinRIVIA
04-07-2019, 02:07 PM
You sure make it look like one
But that's beside the point
I have the right to be angry
Once again
I appealed to logic and some people just spit on that
What do you think of that?

Caythleen
04-07-2019, 02:12 PM
For example getting second game for Bayek. Why it makes no sense? Ezio had 2 games as well ;) It wouldn't be the first time then. There your opinion wasn't based on logic at all. You just said it ISN't in developement. Without having any reference for this claim.

And you really don't have any right to be angry because no one in this thread wronged you in any way.

Otterproof
04-07-2019, 02:12 PM
A month ago, the very-true-absolute-rumor was AC back in ancient Italy, now it's Viking Lands (GoW effect ?). Let's be serious and wait until Ubisoft officially announces the facts.

GERALTdinRIVIA
04-07-2019, 02:27 PM
Well i said that usualy a sequel is the next game in the series
Not being made after 2 games
Did you even read what i said or you're just commenting for the sake of it?

AmazingAmun
04-07-2019, 03:38 PM
Do you think they’d do that again? It seems risky.

Rogue was ignored by a lot of people (myself included), as it came across as more a consolation prize for previous gen players than a legitimate entry in the franchise.

I’ve now played Rogue, and I think it is terrific. I really don’t think that I’ve Ubisoft did the game justice by not including a version optimized for the Xbox One on release (or shortly thereafter).

I do not know if they will do it or not, but I certainly think it is possible.

I was one of the people who bought Rogue instead of Unity at the time, because I was still on last gen.

The gameplay itself was a lot like Black Flag, but the story was new. Personally, I thought it was a good game.

The difference this time around is that there is no new game in 2019.

Caythleen
04-07-2019, 04:44 PM
Well i said that usualy a sequel is the next game in the series
Not being made after 2 games
Did you even read what i said or you're just commenting for the sake of it?

Reappearing of a main character that wasn't part of few games in the series isn't anything new in a game (or a book, or a movie).

JKAC2013
04-07-2019, 05:09 PM
If there is going to be the next AC game, it has to fit perfectly with the idea of ISU.

Another thing, it also has to fit into a setting of where there is two factions
ACI through AC Syndicate: Templar Order vs Assassin Brotherhood.
AC Origins: Cleopatra vs Ptolemy (Ancient Order)
AC odyssey: Sparta vs Athenia. (Ancient Order)

It also has to fit with the theme of settings
Crusades
American Revolution
Italian Ress.
Russian Revolution
Victoria Era
French Revolution

All of the above has a huge effect on world culture

Roman Empire would fit perfect.....
Several Reasons are this......

1. Having Ancient Order finally end completely.
2. Discuss more about ISU culture falling and add more about Adam/Eve's ideas of rebelling against ISU. (Roman God Culture fall apart due to the Rising of Christianity)
3. Roman Empire faced many uprising within their territory, hint "Chaos" among the Order.
4. Roman Empire territory reached the certain area that used to be apart of Persian Empire, Greek Territory, and Egypt.

I like the idea of an Assassins Creed in the Ancient Roman Empire this would end the Ancient Trilogy very good.

An Assassins creed in the vikings era would be pretty cool but I would like to see first an game what ends the Ancient Timeline.Like the did it with ACIII, IV and Rogue. Unity and Syndicate had no connection and I think this was bad.

But Ubisoft dont want to connect the games anymore and the confirmed wen they made an new game to go first for the time period and then to story, characters etc.
https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/10/01/ubisofts-creative-head-talks-the-future-of-assassins-creed-and-splinter-cell

nalfylatino
04-08-2019, 12:04 PM
Vikings? Seriously, I am so tired of Viking themed games it would be nice to have a change. There are so many cultures out there, its sort of impossible to imagine these devs are running out of ideas. Personally, I am so bored of Vikings. Its always the same endless Norse mythology drivel. Give us Franks! Gauls! Anglo-Saxons! Frisians! Scotland! Something different. There are so many different cultures around the same time Vikings lived (I find Anglo-Saxon and other European cultures far more interesting than Vikings). I understand Vikings sell, almost always because the people buying these products have misconceptions about Vikings and somehow idolise them.

The fact here is that we need more than Vikings to teach us more about the world. Vikings had a strong role in shaping many nations and as a pirate entity they were quite brutal, but at the same time other European people fought back against those vermin and ended up defeating them. We need to hear more about those. How about an Assassin's Creed where you play a Briton trying to survive an Anglo-Saxon take over? I mean how cool would that be?! What about some of the German tribes fighting against Rome? We need more Ubisoft.

What about Incan/Aztec/Mayan empires? I am sure a lot can be told about them and you could somehow tie Black Flag to the Mayan/Aztec portions of the game? Please consider other histories!

Luvbeers7
04-09-2019, 08:48 AM
focus groups... they stick 10 nerds in a conference room and ask them to pick between 3 options. wham vikings :-(

NumexNumisma
04-09-2019, 09:17 AM
focus groups... they stick 10 nerds in a conference room and ask them to pick between 3 options. wham vikings :-(

the result of that can be seen here:
https://i.imgur.com/JbdcSL3.jpg

GERALTdinRIVIA
04-09-2019, 10:04 AM
They have large conferences and im pretty sure that Ashraf Ismail came up with this idea
The bigger guys decided it is a good idea so they decided to give it a go
Especially that they see how good god of war was do8ng and that skyrim is still alive today and it gets a lot of praise
And i can asure you that there won't be skittish armors like that in the game
Ubisoft always avoided over sexualizing their characters

cawatrooper9
04-09-2019, 03:11 PM
Like the idea of a viking setting , and Jason from Kotaku normally is right about these "leaks"

He is.

I guess I'm just skeptical still this time because there doesn't seem to be any sort of concrete evidence along with it. Often the leaks come with something, even if it's just a grainy screenshot. But anonymous "sources" just seem kind of sketchy.

But if Jason trusts them, there must be something to it.

GERALTdinRIVIA
04-09-2019, 03:19 PM
I think screenshots can be easily faked

JKAC2013
04-09-2019, 04:39 PM
I had one Questions to the leaks...

Before Origins came out I remember, it give a leak for an Ancient Trilogy. Egypt, Greece and Rome. This leak was right with two settings. But I don't find the source of this leak anymore :(

I find it :) The leak was also from Kotaku like the Vikings leak ;)

https://kotaku.com/sources-next-big-assassins-creed-set-in-egypt-skippin-1750937895

GERALTdinRIVIA
04-09-2019, 05:47 PM
They got 2 out of 3 right which is still impressive
But the leak was kinnda wrong becouse it said that bayek would be the protagonist in all 3 games
We know how that turned out
I say this:
Whatever ac game will come i will buy it
I prefer the next possible settings in this order:
Vikings
Ancient rome
Japan
It's kind of unlikely they will release a japan game soon becouse ghost of tsusima or whatever it's name is
Im happy sith whatever they do

cawatrooper9
04-09-2019, 09:54 PM
I had one Questions to the leaks...

Before Origins came out I remember, it give a leak for an Ancient Trilogy. Egypt, Greece and Rome. This leak was right with two settings. But I don't find the source of this leak anymore :(

I find it :) The leak was also from Kotaku like the Vikings leak ;)

https://kotaku.com/sources-next-big-assassins-creed-set-in-egypt-skippin-1750937895

Keep in mind that it appears there are two teams working on these games.

So, even if there had been some sort of validity to that leak (which is definitely not confirmed) the Montreal team was still working on Origins at that time.

It's possible something changed between then and now.

GameGuru2018
04-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Pic above is awful. Vikings should look more realistic! Not like in children's books, on the development of reading skills. But at the same time game about vikings can't be without a bit fantasy. All good games about vikings use some fantasy. Without it game will be rather dry!
https://youtu.be/aKYeekQpjUA

Jeff265
04-30-2019, 04:36 PM
just watch "Vikings" series and you will get more ideas about vikings heroes Ragnar Lothbrok and their god odin,thor loki freya,hamdell , should be add "Raid" mission from Scandinavia to West sails out of the realm of Norse mythology,also King Ecbert is the ruler of Wessex, .

i watch " Vikings" series which is suit to new AC Viking games

GERALTdinRIVIA
04-30-2019, 04:40 PM
I watched vikings, the wohole thing i mean
And yeah, the show is partly why im excited about this
But mark my words
Ubisoft might disappoint you
The characters won't be as likely as the characters in the show
We might not see them at all couse it could be set in another time period
Before or after ragnar
And you might wanna know that rollo wasn't the brother of ragnar
He was just a random clan chief

GameGuru2018
04-30-2019, 05:42 PM
I hope vikings parties also will be in the game! http://www.jdr-eickos.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/vikings_viking_party.jpg

slayerchad123
05-01-2019, 06:28 AM
no vikings pls!!! i hate the viking setting in games

GERALTdinRIVIA
05-01-2019, 06:37 AM
Explain why?

Jeff265
05-03-2019, 08:11 AM
Explain why?

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1984706-Where-will-the-series-go-next-in-2020#post14205650 he hate " the nord culture bunch of uncivilized barbarians."

GameGuru2018
05-04-2019, 08:21 AM
Why do people around the world like The Witcher 3 so much? Because the game has a spirit of paganism and its erotism. Paganism in good sense. Paganism as closeness to nature. Europe is christian only 2 thousand years. But tens of thousands of years it was pagan. And paganism is still deep inside of us. All of the most favorite religious holidays today have a pagan basis. Just let's take only Easter. Millenium by millenium of paganism.....not all of europeans were so happy to accept new, brought from afar, Middle East religion, enforced by ruling elites. The resistance was everywhere. But the cruelty against "disagreed" had no borders. It was real henocide.History is written by victors and we know not so much about that. Game about vikings must be imbued with the spirit of paganism!

GameGuru2018
05-04-2019, 08:23 AM
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/vp/8da13b4f8909b9084f0c7f002fe4d856/5D4696CA/t51.2885-15/e35/c0.44.799.799/s480x480/54511723_185374205766558_6899625926950037137_n.jpg ?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com

GameGuru2018
05-04-2019, 08:32 AM
To be really good game about vikings.... it should have some erotism. Assassin's Creed, as usual, avoids it but in this case.....to avoid it - in harm! https://allthatsinteresting.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/bathing.png

GERALTdinRIVIA
05-06-2019, 01:54 PM
So
A new leak appeared on 4 chan. This time it comes with way more info and screenshots that seem to be legit
In my previous post on the subject i made a few predictions which are mostly in line with the leak
And yes, the game is named ragnarok (which might get god of war fans and devs angry)
The leak says:
Assassin’s Creed (codenamed) Kingdom planned to come to cross gen 2020Actual name is Assassin’s Creed RagnarokMain character is an ally of Ragnar Lodbrok and aids in the formation of Great Heathen ArmyMap is split into several kingdoms encompassing all of Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and FinlandKingdoms are split into regions that can hold settlements.Settlements have some customization and in-game economy systemsLarge scale “conquest” battles return and can be used to weaken enemy hold on regions and parts of the storyPlayer does become an assassin and use the hidden bladeFirst Civ lore is a bit less than Odyssey, finding a vault and MjolnirGame is developed primarily by MontrealCreative Director is Ashraf, Darby McDevvit is the Narrative DirectorSofia is assisting but is planning on creating a DLC set in Iceland and using Yggdrasil to move across the 9 realmsCo-op is returning and can be used in most side quests and world explorationRPG mechanics, eagle, and ship combat is all returningShip combat is toned down to focus more on explorationGame is more focused on exploration, removing question marks on the map, and making players want to explore locations for better loot (like Breath of the Wild)Larger emphasis on build and armor usage.Player has the ability to change outfits on the fly, which can speed up or slow down notoriety build up in different kingdoms and stop Sheriffs coming after you
The info is not mine but of a 4chan user
I only transmitted the info and im not at fault for the eventual sanctions
Remember
The game is confirmed but the images might be fake or some of the info wrong so take everything with a grain of salt
Eager to see what you have to say

Olympus2018
05-06-2019, 02:16 PM
We are still one year apart from the release... Too early to speculate on that.

Cheyenne1894
05-06-2019, 02:28 PM
So
A new leak appeared on 4 chan. This time it comes with way more info and screenshots that seem to be legit
In my previous post on the subject i made a few predictions which are mostly in line with the leak
And yes, the game is named ragnarok (which might get god of war fans and devs angry)
The leak says:
Assassin’s Creed (codenamed) Kingdom planned to come to cross gen 2020Actual name is Assassin’s Creed RagnarokMain character is an ally of Ragnar Lodbrok and aids in the formation of Great Heathen ArmyMap is split into several kingdoms encompassing all of Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and FinlandKingdoms are split into regions that can hold settlements.Settlements have some customization and in-game economy systemsLarge scale “conquest” battles return and can be used to weaken enemy hold on regions and parts of the storyPlayer does become an assassin and use the hidden bladeFirst Civ lore is a bit less than Odyssey, finding a vault and MjolnirGame is developed primarily by MontrealCreative Director is Ashraf, Darby McDevvit is the Narrative DirectorSofia is assisting but is planning on creating a DLC set in Iceland and using Yggdrasil to move across the 9 realmsCo-op is returning and can be used in most side quests and world explorationRPG mechanics, eagle, and ship combat is all returningShip combat is toned down to focus more on explorationGame is more focused on exploration, removing question marks on the map, and making players want to explore locations for better loot (like Breath of the Wild)Larger emphasis on build and armor usage.Player has the ability to change outfits on the fly, which can speed up or slow down notoriety build up in different kingdoms and stop Sheriffs coming after you
Remember
The game is confirmed but the images might be fake or some of the info wrong so take everything with a grain of salt

That's the same name as the main character in the series Vikings I doubt this information is accurate.

I just cannot believe that they would let us play as the main character in the series that would be really disappointing in my opinion.

DonParic
05-06-2019, 02:42 PM
That's the same name as the main character in the series Vikings I doubt this information is accurate.

I just cannot believe that they would let us play as the main character in the series that would be really disappointing in my opinion.

The name Ragnar Lodbrok comes from old norse sagas/mithology so its a figure taken out from rl history which means it cud be used here as well. There is no rl evidence of him acctualy living outside of stories and myths but he is a well known figure in norse colture and mythology.
Dont get me wrong that doesnt mean the leak is true just saying there is no reason to not use his name if they will be making AC series set in viking age.

BridgeToClarity
05-06-2019, 02:51 PM
;)

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ue80QwXMRHg/maxresdefault.jpg

thegardener25
05-06-2019, 02:54 PM
I think it says the main character is an ally of radnar Lodbrok. I'm a bit excited, Britain is gonna be included, I hope Scotland gets a good look in, & I hope the picts aren't just prey. Cos the picts kicked ***! We kicked the crap out of the romans (They needed to build 2 walls for their protection).
I have to say that I am not happy about the co-op stuff. I just want to play any & all AC games the way I want to play them, on my own & on my own time. If I want to pause a game to do stuff in SP, it doesn't affect my game in anyway, shape or form. But playing multiplayer or co-op is a pain in the ares! If co-op is optional, then that is fair enough, because I know some players on this forum have asked for it. But only as an option! And don't put in any trophies like complete 5 co-ops or use xxx ability in co-op. Please at this not too late a stage in development. Allow me to play the game & achieve 100% playing on my todd!

Drex404
05-06-2019, 02:57 PM

The info states playing an **ally** of Ragnar. But yeah, playin an assassin with norse mythology in the mix? I'm game, especially if it's going to be an evolved form of Od. Kinda sad to see naval combat will be toned down. Expansion of gear and builds is (almost) always nice. It'd be amazing if the areas show our influence on the local economy; poor to wealthy, run down to built up, etc. I'd love to be able to destroy or (re)build settlements. Of course, nothing is official, but it's definitely fun to speculate about it.

DreadGrrl
05-06-2019, 03:18 PM
Sounds really, really lame: like some dated, contrived, Black Flag throwback. :rolleyes:

BridgeToClarity
05-06-2019, 03:19 PM
Forced co-op to get my trophies just like Far Cry. Yikes. It's why I never got plat in FC4 co-op and the FC5 multiplayer crap. I'm holding out for the Assassin's Creed battle Royale. :(

Shastblu
05-06-2019, 03:44 PM
Ragnar, another settlement needs help. I've marked it on your map.

GERALTdinRIVIA
05-06-2019, 03:58 PM
You won't play as ragnar
But an ally
Even read what i said?

GERALTdinRIVIA
05-06-2019, 04:00 PM
The game still is in development
1 and a half years
And tge screenshots could be taken during early stages in 2018

ProdiGurl
05-06-2019, 04:05 PM
IF this is partly accurate, I really hope there's more intriguing things to this game than what I read here.

Toning Naval battle down... does that mean in how you fight or that you won't be doing much of it in story or side missions? Either way, why bother having it at all?

I'm not into the CoOp thing so I won't be doing any of that. I kinda like the notoriety build up in different kingdoms thing.
It sounds like there won't really be a main homebase, but settlements with a little customization we can do... I'm basically ok with that, but I'd prefer that we can really make them awesome, and hopefully there's more to settlements than just existing. Maybe they'll have crafting in them or buying items we need (reminds me of Fallout 4).

I like the Conquest Battles to weaken enemy territories. It would be fun to be able to have reasons in story to raise up or take down whole territories like a War game...
I usually don't believe most of this stuff, so we'll wait & see but some of it sounds decent depending on how they structure it.
Some of it sounds pretty passive and mild, so if it's true, I'd hope they go the other way and make it stronger than weaker

pesto.
05-06-2019, 04:18 PM
The screenshots out there look more like quick mechanics tests before the artwork has been added, either that or they’re targeting low spec mobile.

If this is all true then I’m glad to see more of the strategy game element coming out in terms of territory control, not so happy about the reduction in naval warfare (especially for such a famously seafaring people), I’d rather they refined and improved this ever further with more naval roles than just warship (fishing perhaps). But it’s still pretty dubious as a leak and even if it were accurate we all know what’s planned now could totally change within 2 years.

robertthebard
05-06-2019, 04:27 PM
So

They can get glad in the same pants they got mad in then? Ragnarok is an actual thing from history, not a copyrighted material for God of War. Were they protesting the Thor movie?

The leak says:
Remember

It's a long way out, I'll wait for official word to get excited or not.

GERALTdinRIVIA
05-06-2019, 05:11 PM
Well yes but at this point, kotaku, 2 independent sources, this leak + screenshots. It think it's kind of confirmed.
And there's trademarks
They buy words to use them in their projects
Marvel is fone with ragnarok so there will be no problem
But the battle is between ubi and santa monica
I hope and know that ubisoft will win becouse as the leak suggests, the name is already established

GERALTdinRIVIA
05-06-2019, 05:13 PM
Probably
But again
The screenshots could have been taken earlier in the development
And there's still 1 and a half years before the release, so i won't worry about the game looking that way
The first thing to be done is the story, then the mechanics and gameplay and last the textures and graphics applied

DonParic
05-06-2019, 06:01 PM
The screenshots out there look more like quick mechanics tests before the artwork has been added, either that or they’re targeting low spec mobile.

If this is all true then I’m glad to see more of the strategy game element coming out in terms of territory control, not so happy about the reduction in naval warfare (especially for such a famously seafaring people), I’d rather they refined and improved this ever further with more naval roles than just warship (fishing perhaps). But it’s still pretty dubious as a leak and even if it were accurate we all know what’s planned now could totally change within 2 years.

Well if we say the rumors are true and next AC will be about vikings the reason for reduction of naval warfare is pretty logical, and that is that the viking longship design was never meant for ship vs ship fighting its not what their ships were designed or used for so it actualy makes perfect sence to tone down on sea compat up to a point of pretty much eliminating it completly as far as ship vs ship combat goes if they want to be historicly correct about it.

Shastblu
05-06-2019, 06:21 PM
You won't play as ragnar
But an ally
Even read what i said?

Relax bro, it was a joke reference to Fallout 4. A name sounds better than, "Ally of name". Even play video games?

pesto.
05-06-2019, 06:38 PM
The question is, will they have to have an extra long wrist blade in order to get through all those layers of animal fur? :P

thegardener25
05-06-2019, 07:23 PM
Yea they'll probably have Gloves of metal with a Hidden Blade attached.

Jeff265
05-06-2019, 09:01 PM
Found this article

Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok, and it will be set in the Viking, the main character will be an ally of Ragnar Lodbrok.

https://wccftech.com/assassins-creed-ragnarok-leaked/amp/

Swailing
05-06-2019, 09:16 PM
So this might say it all
And the argument with "vikings only fought mano a mano and didn't sneak around" are wrong
Becouse who would have tought that assassins creed will take place in the middle of the peloponesian war
Which is a WAR

This. Listen to any historians who really know their stuff, and the word "assassination" is going to come up when referring to Viking Britain because that is exactly how the Danelaw was established. The tribal kings were targeted and eliminated in order to make a final two-state division possible.

Well if we say the rumors are true and next AC will be about vikings the reason for reduction of naval warfare is pretty logical, and that is that the viking longship design was never meant for ship vs ship fighting its not what their ships were designed or used for

I used to think this too, but it turned out that I was wrong. Not only did Vikings fight at sea, the "row fast and disable the enemy by ramming" technique is really a very Viking technique. It's Odyssey where the prevalence of this strategy is a bit out of place. The Vikings also used combinations of spearmen and archers as part of their ship-to-ship warfare.

It's also true that the Vikings were into sneak attacks on coastal targets with smaller ships under cover of darkness, which tallies with their guerilla tactics on land: another reason why the Assassin thing actually fits quite well with Viking culture.

DonParic
05-06-2019, 09:42 PM
This. Listen to any historians who really know their stuff, and the word "assassination" is going to come up when referring to Viking Britain because that is exactly how the Danelaw was established. The tribal kings were targeted and eliminated in order to make a final two-state division possible.

I used to think this too, but it turned out that I was wrong. Not only did Vikings fight at sea, the "row fast and disable the enemy by ramming" technique is really a very Viking technique. It's Odyssey where the prevalence of this strategy is a bit out of place. The Vikings also used combinations of spearmen and archers as part of their ship-to-ship warfare.

It's also true that the Vikings were into sneak attacks on coastal targets with smaller ships under cover of darkness, which tallies with their guerilla tactics on land: another reason why the Assassin thing actually fits quite well with Viking culture.

I cud be wrong about this though if i rember my history correct the viking longship was primarly a transport/exploration ship, it certanly didnt have any sort of ram to hit other ships with, also while i am sure vikings participated in some naval battles that rly wasnt their specialy as far as their naval accomplishments go its more about exploration, navigation and their method of ship building.
Since primary strong points of a longship are shallow draft, very high speed and manuvrability, light design and being duble endeed(meaning they didnt rly have a back and front), so while a superb desing for raiding and exploration not rly an optimal one for naval warfare.

Again i cud be a bit rusty in my history so if you have any info of the viking sea battles i wud be gratefull if you share it cuz i wud love to read about it.

Also about ramming being out of place in Odyssey i certanly cant agree on that since raming was a signature move of the ancient Greek warships

PS: i went and rechecked and while your description of the viking naval combat is correct it is also a historical fact that it was a relativly rare occurance outside of vikings fighting other vikings but you were right on tactics used and it defenatly did happen. Than again as i said before naval combat wasnt rly their primary strongpoint which comes down to the design of the ships they used.

show_stoppa
05-06-2019, 09:45 PM
The screenshots are fake.

Doesn't bode well for the leak itself now.

Swailing
05-06-2019, 10:29 PM
The screenshots are fake.

Doesn't bode well for the leak itself now.

This doesn't matter to the theme itself. It boils down to Kotaku's record on AC leaks; if they've ever been wrong about a setting after declaring it confirmed, then it must have been a long time ago because I don't remember it!

(And in particular, Jason Schrier. He's never been wrong, and it was yet another confirmation via him)

Sam_Boo26
05-07-2019, 01:00 PM
I'd love a game in the Vikings area and the setting seems really interesting, but I really hope the leak is not entirely true because I don't want to co-op missions at all. I disliked the fact that we were forced to play those missions in Unity to have more ability points and I hope it won't be the case again.

DaffiestOdin
05-07-2019, 08:30 PM
I feel that a Viking setting would fill out the 'trilogy' perfectly, with Egyptian, Greek, and Norse mythology and settings/cultures. A Roman setting might actually be too close to Greek, plus we already had Roman antagonists in Origins. A Viking setting would also somewhat bridge the gap between the previous two games and Altair.

My hope for the following generation of AC games would be to move east. Settings like ancient or medieval China or India could combine urban and wilderness settings, plus lots of ancient ruins.

Addicted-2-Life
05-08-2019, 06:23 PM
Leaked pic:

https://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/baf032-1557335919.png

Original pic:

https://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/456b39-1557336092.png

Source: https://www.resetera.com/threads/4chan-rumor-assassins-creed-ragnarok-leak-disproven.115377/page-7#post-20513560

GameGuru2018
05-10-2019, 08:24 AM
Assassin's Creed with vikings would be good in any case!
https://youtu.be/Iw0X4kVi-24

Jeff265
05-27-2019, 06:49 PM
I watched vikings, the wohole thing i mean
And yeah, the show is partly why im excited about this
But mark my words
Ubisoft might disappoint you
The characters won't be as likely as the characters in the show
We might not see them at all couse it could be set in another time period
Before or after ragnar
And you might wanna know that rollo wasn't the brother of ragnar
He was just a random clan chief

Or maybe like The Last Kingdom series like urter raddison something adopt by ragnar raddisson ,and have young ragnar in that series

GameGuru2018
05-28-2019, 09:27 AM
Ragnar was not the only Viking in the world! Vikings' world was much bigger than only Lothbroks! No need to keep fixating on one person, no matter how great he is. Frankly speaking, I don't want to see Assassin's Creed about vikings as some poor variation of Vikings series! Just take only Iceland sagas....every saga is a possible movie or game masterpiece! https://bit.ly/2JHgnAP

GameGuru2018
05-28-2019, 09:31 AM
Vikings world was much, much wider......https://bit.ly/2W9ORCR

GameGuru2018
05-28-2019, 09:34 AM
https://bit.ly/2QrSn5r

Jeff265
06-06-2019, 05:53 AM
if you play back AC BF when hacking Oliver PC you will found :-

patrilineal line:
fifteenth century - Italian Renaissance
sixteenth Century - Ottoman Empire
Eighteenth Century -American Colonies /war for Independence.
nineteenth century - New England and american Midwest

Matrilineal line:
twelfth century - Holy land / Crusades
Thirteenth century -Egypt and Northern Africa
Fourteenth century - Ashikaga Shogunate in Japan
Eighteenth century - France Revolution
Nineteenth Century -Napoleonic Wars;Taiwan
Twentieth Century - "summer of love" American Pacific Coast

GameGuru2018
06-11-2019, 09:10 AM
Rumours about Assassin's Creed Legion have failed. There will be Watch Dogs Legion. And now.... most probably next game will be about vikings!