PDA

View Full Version : What a Bl**dy great joke

strewth
12-18-2004, 05:40 AM
Isn't it strange how when there is a chance to make a dollar out of someone elses sweat, there is always some pr!ck willing to step up and beat his chest.

The IL2 series is a computer generated sim about aircraft now over 50 years old. I had taken a keen interest in the planes and even to some degree the companies that produced them. But now if this cr@p is true, I hang my head in disgust at any body that thinks that nailing someone that wanted to re create a bit of history (and in that people learn about aircraft and companies) to a cross for paying credit to a set of planes that existed so long ago.

This is an example of some Pr!ck playing games with the wording of the laws for their own gains and probably - EGO. If anything, all aircraft companies should have been satisfied with the recognition in the first place with the sim reproducing some of the finest pieces of machinery for their time. Shame on any B@st@rd that wants to nail a smaller guy for a relatively small gain. A much bigger gain was already being had by the initial inclusion of their planes in the first place.

Talk about Bite off your nose to spite your face!

I for one hope the greedy P!GS choke on their own tub of lard. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

strewth
12-18-2004, 05:40 AM
Isn't it strange how when there is a chance to make a dollar out of someone elses sweat, there is always some pr!ck willing to step up and beat his chest.

The IL2 series is a computer generated sim about aircraft now over 50 years old. I had taken a keen interest in the planes and even to some degree the companies that produced them. But now if this cr@p is true, I hang my head in disgust at any body that thinks that nailing someone that wanted to re create a bit of history (and in that people learn about aircraft and companies) to a cross for paying credit to a set of planes that existed so long ago.

This is an example of some Pr!ck playing games with the wording of the laws for their own gains and probably - EGO. If anything, all aircraft companies should have been satisfied with the recognition in the first place with the sim reproducing some of the finest pieces of machinery for their time. Shame on any B@st@rd that wants to nail a smaller guy for a relatively small gain. A much bigger gain was already being had by the initial inclusion of their planes in the first place.

I for one hope the greedy P!GS choke on their own tub of lard. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Firebird_79vRAF
12-18-2004, 06:11 AM
~S~

How about a little conspiracy to add to the mix.

Has anyone checked to see what, if any, connections Nothrop has to Microsoft?

Makes for an interesting question I believe.

M$ Cronie: "Hey Billy, we are really getting our arses handed to us by this small developement company in Russia."

Big Bill: "Well Christ, get our programmers working on it and make a better product than what they have."

M$ Cronie: "That will take a lot of time and money and pulling programmers off other projects."

Big Bill: "Hmmmm, is this Russian putting US planes in his game?"

M$ Cronie: "Of course he is."

Big Bill: "Call Charlie over at Nothrop and get their lawyers to file a copyright suit against them. If we cant beat them, we will get lawyers with free time on their hands to do it."

Would be interesting to see just what corporation connections there are between them wouldnt it?

Turk_man
12-18-2004, 07:09 AM
Would have been easier to ask permission before developement though wouldn`t it?

t0n.
12-18-2004, 07:38 AM
If the grapevine is to be believed, 1C has effectivly terminated all future "free" support for IL2-AEP-PF and who are we mad at? Northrop Grumman.

Oleg must be absolutely devastated http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

VW-IceFire
12-18-2004, 07:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by t0n.:
If the grapevine is to be believed, 1C has effectivly terminated all future "free" support for IL2-AEP-PF and who are we mad at? Northrop Grumman.

Oleg must be absolutely devastated http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats an odd grapevine your listening to.

The one I've been listening to says we've still got 2 free maps, a Tempest, a Mosquito, Betty, Ki-100, and some other planes in the works.

WTE_Tigger
12-18-2004, 07:51 AM
Hmmmm well sounds like a good excuse to dump the american market and get about making more jap planes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif pleanty of american ones anyway.

Screw the Corporates, crucify the fewl who didnt -avoid this issue- in the first place.

Sorry it's all a bit sad, on both sides of the fence. Now if we could only destroy corperate entities, bring down governments, speed up the apocalypse and build the world new the way we want it.

heh dream on...

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tigger

Zeus-cat
12-18-2004, 07:52 AM
I read in my modeling magazine (FineScale Modeler) that companies were doing this on car models depicting Nascar vehicles. Even the companies that had decals on the real race cars had to get in on it. Since their names and company logos were being used by someone without their permission, they had to get involved and stop it (or sign an agreement) or possibly lose their copyrights and trademarks.

As stated in other threads, some of this is driven by copyright laws and the companies doing it have no choice. They must complain and force an agreement to protect their copyrights and trademarks. The nice companies only charge a very small fee and ask that they have final approval of the design.

I remember some years ago that the International Olympic Committee had to crack down on the Special Olympics after the IOC decided to go after the Gay Olympic games for using the Olympic name. The lawyers explained that they couldn't randomly pick and choose who got to us ethe Olympic name. To stop the Gay Olympics they also had to stop the Special Olympics from using the name. They took a lot of heat for that, but eventually the Special Olympics were allowed to use the name (I think they have to pay a fee for doing that).

The copyright law doesn't allow the owner to say its OK for Ralph to use it, but not Bob because I don't like Bob. You have to have an agreement that lets Ralph use it.

Hopefully this all can be resolved quickly and with little cost.

If you really think that copyright laws are stupid then I guess you are one of those people that copied this game and didn't buy it. Or maybe you bought it and made copies and sold them or gave them away to your friends. Just a little reminder that copyright laws work both ways.

Zeus-cat

t0n.
12-18-2004, 07:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The one I've been listening to says we've still got 2 free maps, a Tempest, a Mosquito, Betty, Ki-100, and some other planes in the works. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understood that to be the last patch. That 1C is moving to BoB and leaving FB+AEP+PF development to 3rd party Russian Groups. That those developments would be payware, and that they could not be released to the West without UBI approval.

But I could be wrong. It's all quite secretive all of a sudden. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Voraptor
12-18-2004, 05:02 PM
We get at least 1 more patch i believe.

V.

chris455
12-18-2004, 05:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Firebird_79vRAF:
~S~

How about a little conspiracy to add to the mix.

_Has anyone checked to see what, if any, connections Nothrop has to Microsoft?_

Makes for an interesting question I believe.

M$ Cronie: "Hey Billy, we are really getting our arses handed to us by this small developement company in Russia."

Big Bill: "Well Christ, get our programmers working on it and make a better product than what they have."

M$ Cronie: "That will take a lot of time and money and pulling programmers off other projects."

Big Bill: "Hmmmm, is this Russian putting US planes in his game?"

M$ Cronie: "Of course he is."

Big Bill: "Call Charlie over at Nothrop and get their lawyers to file a copyright suit against them. If we cant beat them, we will get lawyers with free time on their hands to do it."

Would be interesting to see just what corporation connections there are between them wouldnt it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At this rate, the rumour mill will need a ring and valve job within a day, two at most. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Airmail109
12-18-2004, 05:17 PM
to stoke the fire even more.....MICROSOFT ARE DEVELOPING CFS4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HMMMMMMMMMMM LOOKS LIKE A VERY BIG COINCIDENCE TO ME......NOT!!!!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

strewth
12-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Hell,

CFS2 was OK, but CFS3 to me was the biggest rip off piece of CR@P I have experienced in a long time. I removed it from my hard drive and cant even give it away, let alone sell it.

It wouldn't suprise me at all if Billy was involved in this at all. I for one (especially if Billy is involved) won't be purchasing CFS4 purely on principal. Even if it is a world beater. Let them earn their stars on their own merits as Oleg had to, no by underhanded tactics.

Billy - "I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits"
Quote from unknown author http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

USAflyer
12-18-2004, 10:08 PM
quit whining and make me a sandwich while your at it.

Bearcat99
12-18-2004, 10:16 PM
CFS4 was shelved earlier this year. As far as I know it hasnt been restarted. Anybody have a link to the contrary please post it.

strewth
12-18-2004, 10:30 PM
Flyer,

Whos whining?

Just a statement from MHO.

I dont have a sanga for you but I do have an almost unused CFS3 set of disks going cheap.

Want them?

Hurribomber
12-18-2004, 10:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Thats an odd grapevine your listening to.

The one I've been listening to says we've still got 2 free maps, a Tempest, a Mosquito, Betty, Ki-100, and some other planes in the works. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ice, Oleg has said the Ju88 & Murmansk are still coming but has there actually been any official word on the Mossie?

We know they've had it for months but I've never seen Oleg refer to it, or when or IF http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif it's going to be released.

Fresshness
12-19-2004, 07:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by strewth:

I for one hope the greedy P!GS choke on their own tub of lard. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I fully agree.

However, I think the legal system (and just the plain mentality of alot (read: more than half) of folk over there) are encouraging this kind of things.

Filing a lawsuit against wallmart for 2.5 million dollars because the guy's 15 year old daughter bought a cd over there where the word 'f*ck' could be read on the cover.

Latest trickery of the US court to claim to selling of Russian Oil Company is illegal... I mean wtf? Mind your own darn business US!

Oh well, I take solace in the fact that within 100-200 years, the EU *WILL* become the most dominant force (politacilly/militarly) to be reckoned with, far outweighing the US.

VMF223_Smitty
12-19-2004, 07:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fresshness:

However, I think the legal system (and just the plain mentality of alot (read: more than half) of folk over there) are encouraging this kind of things.
Latest trickery of the US court to claim to selling of Russian Oil Company is illegal... I mean wtf? Mind your own darn business US!

Oh well, I take solace in the fact that within 100-200 years, the EU *WILL* become the most dominant force (politacilly/militarly) to be reckoned with, far outweighing the US. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fresshness:
Your hate and bigotry is showing.

\Big"ot\, n. [F. bigot a bigot or hypocrite, a name once given to the Normans in France. Of unknown origin; possibly akin to Sp. bigote a whisker; hombre de bigote a man of spirit and vigor; cf. It. s-bigottire to terrify, to appall.
Wedgwood and others maintain that bigot is from the samesource as Beguine, Beghard.]
1. A hypocrite; esp., a superstitious hypocrite. [Obs.]

2. A person who regards his own faith and views in matters of religion as unquestionably right, and any belief or opinion opposed to or differing from them as unreasonable or wicked. In an extended sense, a person who is intolerant of opinions which conflict with his own, as in politics or morals; one obstinately and blindly devoted to his own church, party, belief, or opinion.

Your venomous displays of attacking a whole race of people for the actions (read: more than half) of folk over there) of part of that culture is stereotypical of that mentality.

The worst part is that it does nothing to solve the problem before us as a community.

I suggest an anger management class, or better yet a course of study

ImpStarDuece
12-19-2004, 07:32 AM
Forget the EU, look at the Chinese and Indians; Population, resources, determination and now massive scale manufacturing and development bases, most of which has come via the shift in global manufacturing due to globalisation and corprate greed.

The Chinese are looking at a point around 2050 to become the worlds dominant economic power. Remember the Chinese mentality is one where China is the center of world culture. Additionally the Chinese tend to think cyclically while Westerners think linearly. This means that they see their naturral state as the primary power in the world and are workng and waiting patiently for it to come again.

Think how much the Japanese to did develop their economy over two fifty year periods (1880-1930 and 1945-1995) and then multiply it tenfold! Similarly, even though recent history for both countries is less than stellar, look at Russia post WW2

VMF223_Smitty
12-19-2004, 07:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fresshness:
Oh well, I take solace in the fact that within 100-200 years, the EU *WILL* become the most dominant force (politacilly/militarly) to be reckoned with, far outweighing the US. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I certainly hope so. That way everytime the the European Union farts sideways they will be blamed and targeted for everything that goes wrong in the world. I'm sure that when the EU is in that positin they will do a smash up job of "dominating" the world.

VMF223_Smitty
12-19-2004, 07:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ImpStarDuece:
Forget the EU, look at the Chinese and Indians. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No doubt about that ImpStarDuece. They already own half of the US. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

ImpStarDuece
12-19-2004, 07:48 AM
I wonder what the world would look like with a pan-Arab superstate. Hmmm.. sort of like the EU for Islam. Theres a radical idea; a massively powerful and populace Arab state, run by an Islam influenced, democraticly elected government, to balance out the current Judao-Christian democracies (France, US, Britain, Germany). Wonder how the West would react to it. Same way it did to the Soviet Union in the 50's would be my guess.

The current unipolar world leaves no checks or balances on the powerful. And we wonder why so many Americans (politicians included) have a healthy diserspect for the UN.

strewth
12-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Fellas,

My original statement and topic was in regards to the injustice being done to our great sim.

I have my own personal views on things including politics that many may not agree with. But this is not the place to let it degenerate into a snake pit of attitudes.

Please stay on the topic and respect others by keeping it civil.

VMF223_Smitty
12-19-2004, 03:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by strewth:
Fellas,

My original statement and topic was in regards to the injustice being done to our great sim.

I have my own personal views on things including politics that many may not agree with. But this is not the place to let it degenerate into a snake pit of attitudes.

Please stay on the topic and respect others by keeping it civil. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From first post:
"This is an example of some Pr!ck playing games with the wording of the laws for their own gains and probably - EGO......"

"I for one hope the greedy P!GS choke on their own tub of lard."

This is civil ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

ElAurens
12-19-2004, 03:20 PM
Gents, I see my European cousins are quick to jump on American capatalism as the root cause of our current dilemma. well, I can assure you that if the words "Supermarine (Vickers)", "Hawker", "BMW", or "Daimler-Benz" appeared on the packaging of PF that the barristers from those firms would be ringing up UBI/1C very quickly indeed.

Be sure.

VMF223_Smitty
12-19-2004, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElAurens:
Gents, I see my European cousins are quick to jump on American capatalism as the root cause of our current dilemma. well, I can assure you that if the words "Supermarine (Vickers)", "Hawker", "BMW", or "Daimler-Benz" appeared on the packaging of PF that the barristers from those firms would be ringing up UBI/1C very quickly indeed.

Be sure. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem ElAurens.
Bigotry, Greed, Evil and those attributes are universal. People just like to have someone to pint a finger at.

strewth
12-19-2004, 03:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VMF223_Smitty:
Fellas,

Please stay on the topic and respect others by keeping it civil. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From first post:
"This is an example of some Pr!ck playing games with the wording of the laws for their own gains and probably - EGO......"

"I for one hope the greedy P!GS choke on their own tub of lard."

This is civil ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alot more civil that somebody of this calibre deserves. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif If I posted what I really thought of these people, then I would definately be banned. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif