PDA

View Full Version : Settings are not saved / loaded

PhutureProof
03-29-2019, 10:59 AM
Hello

I can alter my in game settings just fine, when I next load up the game the music is playing even though the volume is set to 0, this is after it loads my profile, my graphics options do the same I have to constantly go into options and toggle music from 0 to 1 back to 0, and turn my resolution density back to 1 from 1.3.

Not a huge deal but annoying none the less.

Ubi-Spud
04-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Hey PhutureProof, thanks for getting in touch!

I'm sorry that your settings are not changing. Please change them again, exit the game and verify your game files (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000025650/Verify-Game-In-Uplay). Does this fix the issue?

If not, please get back in touch!

PhutureProof
04-03-2019, 11:49 AM
Sorry for the late response, thanks for getting back to me, I'll give that a try now and see what happens.

PhutureProof
04-03-2019, 11:53 AM
OK it seems something had gone funky, it's redownloading as I type this out, will update after it's done, cheers for the tip - this is something I would normally do under steam conditions but it never crossed my mind with a uplay title.

PhutureProof
04-03-2019, 01:59 PM
OK

It's actually worse now than before unfortunately

It constantly launches in windowed mode even though I know my config file says fullscreen before the game launches, the music is determined to play at full volume regardless of my settings.

It appears to rewrite the config file each load (I had the file open in notepad++ and it let me know the file had changed), I feel it may be linked to nvidia shadowplay will do some testing and get back to you a bit later.

PhutureProof
04-03-2019, 02:08 PM
Tried turning off shadowplay and the game launches in fullscreen wih all my graphics settings loading just fine, the music still argues with me every time though.

A step in the right direction at least.

PhutureProof
04-10-2019, 01:10 PM
Yea no, it's just totally random whether or not the game loads fullscreen or windowed and the music is always playing regardless of settings.

Ubi-Raziel
04-10-2019, 01:50 PM
Hey again PhutureProof, apologies for not seeing your previous responses.

I have seen several other reports similar to this and it was down to anti-virus or Windows Defender blocking the game's write permissions, so your game settings are never able to update and save.

Can you try white listing your Uplay / game installation location with your security software, then try again? If that doesn't work, try disabling the software temporarily and try again.

I hope this works!

PhutureProof
04-11-2019, 02:28 PM
already done

I have all my uplay and steam folders ignored anyway

it's no biggie just a little frustrating