PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den March 28th

CandleInTheDark
03-28-2019, 04:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3oR7n6B4IQ

Short one we have \m/<(-.-)>\m/

Short show this week.

Event is over, riposte will not be in an event title again, darn hard to pronounce words. Bundle is up until next monday.

They will not have content every single week now, they want to spend more time on making the things that people want well, essentially less battle outfits. They will have more sales, ornaments is this week's, any purchasable for 5000 are now 3000.

Tournaments, battlefy. Someone will be on the couch in the near future to talk about tournaments.

Weekly arcade quest, down the rabbit hole.

We have a few...weird things happening in the maps. Why? Maybe we'll find out.

Dev talks.

Edgard Orlando Oliva, level designer.

Essentially he does the digital architecture, essentially this is a process of figuring out what the level needs whether it is cover for a shooter, story elements, battle spaces.

He was working on Far Cry 4 before this, he had reached out over wanting to do something that wasn't a shooter.

Which faction? He gravitates towards the samurai, he had been a knight for a while as in the pre release stage he had gone with the warden over the orochi given the orochi was overpowered in that time.

He is responsible for quite a few of the easter eggs, he has a mortal kombat 2 inspired one in sanctuary bridge duels, citadel gate there is a limbless knight behind the attacker spawn based on monty python. There is also one based on then movie seven samurai, in market town there is a place where there is seven swords. There is an easter egg in gauntlet that no one has found, it can only be seen in the snow weather location.

Favourite moments, there are a lot, he has been with the game four years, a particular highlight is this was his first E3, in another con at gamestop he had the chance to play on stage for the first time.

In terms of last words to us? Keep sending feedback, maps get probably the least and it is always helpful.

Community corner and wrap. Next week there will be a Q&A

CandleInTheDark
03-30-2019, 02:38 PM
One recapped Den

I posted this in a separate thread, will put it here as well

So I recapped the last Den, that is going to be my last one.

There are a few reasons, they amount to it is the right time for me. If someone else wants to pick it up, I am more than fine with that.

The one thing I will say so that people don't put their own agenda on it, this is not a state of the game thing, I am still putting in a lot of time there so see you on the battlefield.

Tyrjo
03-30-2019, 06:36 PM
Thanks a lot for your effort CandleInTheDark! If I had the authority, I would grant 100 000 steel to your account for your work over the 1+ year.

MessirePhilippe
03-30-2019, 10:05 PM
Thanks for your work every week mate , good continuation ! 💪

EvoX.
03-30-2019, 10:47 PM
See you around.

Tundra 793
03-31-2019, 11:38 PM
Thanks a lot for your effort CandleInTheDark! If I had the authority, I would grant 100 000 steel to your account for your work over the 1+ year.

I'll second this. Maybe we should start a petition? Or riot?

He is responsible for quite a few of the easter eggs, he has a mortal kombat 2 inspired one in sanctuary bridge duels, citadel gate there is a limbless knight behind the attacker spawn based on monty python. There is also one based on then movie seven samurai, in market town there is a place where there is seven swords. There is an easter egg in gauntlet that no one has found, it can only be seen in the snow weather location.

I remember vividly last time they had Eddie on the couch and he mentioned the Market Town and Gauntlet easter eggs. Market town was found pretty fast, but I spent many nights searchin' for the one on Gauntlet to no avail.
**** like this might just be enough to make me fire up the game again. I do love me some eggs.

rottmeister
04-04-2019, 08:46 PM
Thank you for your recaps ^^

I agree with Tyrjo, everyone who's helped to keep the Warrior's Den tradition alive should be awarded with something as a little thank you whether it be 100k steel or something irl like merch or something .

Has anyone else stepped up to do the recaps?
I'd do it if it weren't for my unpredictable and stress causing schedule.
I'll reconsider when I'm closer to graduating college and have more free time, but right now my roster is killing me. I'm basically on campus every day from 8am to 6pm so that sucks. (I don't skip courses because I like pain-, I mean I'm a good student)

EDIT: Perhaps I could do next week's Den recap (11th of april) if nobody steps up? I'll keep you updated.

MessirePhilippe
04-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Sure but that a lot of time , what if a person just put a link to reddit recap ? I know that a little troll for the Ubisoft forum but that can help if anyone can't take time for make the recap, i don't know how to do that and i am on phone sorry but i think that easy to link via a Pc ?