PDA

View Full Version : UQMG for IL2FB New UPGRADE! UQMG Calculator (All Inclusive)

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 09:46 PM
UQMG for IL2FB New UPGRADE! UQMG Calculator (All Inclusive)

Greetings to all UQMG and IL2 FB Users.

One of the biggest complaints I have gotten is going through my Web site and sifting through the updates and downloading the right ones. From now on, only one update at a time will be available, and it will be all inclusive, and can be installed over any previous version. I have combined every patch and addon so far into one package in addition to the new patch0003 which has not been released yet. So from now on, you will need only two downloads: the main install, and whatever the current upgrade is that is available.

There is one change though. When you download the file from www.uberdemon.com (http://www.uberdemon.com) it will be a self-extracting zip file HOWEVER you will have to change the name of the file from a "ex_" file to an "exe" file. The reason for that is that my Web provider does not allow me to upload "exe" files. Once you download the file to the UQMG directory you installed it, change the name as instructed, close UQMG if you are running it, run self-extracting archive, don't change anything in the ZIP interface, click UNZIP button, allow it to overwrite everything, then click CLOSE.

As I mentioned, there are NEW features included so I will not post the entire README file, but only the new features of patch0003 and the Installation instructions (and YES you get CLONING with this upgrade to overcome 32 max plane limitation... of course!) /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Before you ask me the question: YES, YOU CAN INSTALL THIS OVER ANY PREVIOUS WORKING VERSION OF UQMG FOR FORGOTTEN BATTLES. (Not shouting, just attention getting)

B. UQMG Calculator (never released before patch0003)
----------------------------------------------------
This new upgrade patch adds more functionality to UQMG. The following are a list of features:

* NEW UQMG Calculator. Right above the grid you will see a new button called "Total Number of Planes". Click that button for at any time find out how many planes will be in your mission. The display presents the information in detail, including aircraft at the start of the mission, as well as delayed planes. The calculation takes into account Clones that may be delayed. Limitations: Delay in player flight does not count towards delay in coop planes. To fix this, do not set delay to player flight. Delay in gliders from Tug/Glider combos during takeoff are not counted as delay. Count them as being present in the beginning of the mission, although there may be a slight delay.

* Fixed interaction with Shift_E's Quick Mission Tuner (QMT). Before, UQMG started the application twice. The type of button was changed and the code fixed. QMT is only called once. Limitation: Button in UQMG cannot have white colored fonts.

* Added direct link to UberDemon's Web site in the Help menu.

* Added ability to display UQMG version information in a consolidated and simple manner in the Help menu.

* Added help tip in the Flight editor concerning using Air Attack Interception for Clones.

* Moved Li-2 in Red Base 1 for Net 1 Map Summer & Winter which caused aircraft to crash upon landing taxi.

* Fixed Buildings for Net 1 Winter map so that they are now the correct Winter structures.

IV. Installation (WARNING: READ, IMPORTANT)
============================================
* Download file to the installation directory of UQMG for IL-2 FB, which is most likely "c:\program files\uberquickfb\"
* Make sure you are not running UQMG.
* CHANGE file name from "upgrade0001_uqmg4fb.ex_" to "upgrade0001_uqmg4fb.exe"
* This step is necessary because my Web server does not allow me to upload EXE files, and normal ZIP files are causing headaches to Win NT/2000/XP users because Windows will not allow overwriting of files from a ZIP archive, only manual copying.
* Double-Click file to run self extracting archiver. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. Simply click the Unzip button, and when it is done, click Close.
* If you get asked to overwrite a file, say "Yes to All".
* Start UQMG
* If you got the error message related to the International patch, then the first time you try to create a mission, you will get a more friendly message. UQMG will then close, and the next time you start, you will not have that problem again. The correct directories will be created for you and you should be able to play it in IL2 FB.

Enjoy.

Best Regards,
Demon/门揵erDemon
uberdemon@uberdemon.com
http://www.uberdemon.com

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 09:46 PM
UQMG for IL2FB New UPGRADE! UQMG Calculator (All Inclusive)

Greetings to all UQMG and IL2 FB Users.

One of the biggest complaints I have gotten is going through my Web site and sifting through the updates and downloading the right ones. From now on, only one update at a time will be available, and it will be all inclusive, and can be installed over any previous version. I have combined every patch and addon so far into one package in addition to the new patch0003 which has not been released yet. So from now on, you will need only two downloads: the main install, and whatever the current upgrade is that is available.

There is one change though. When you download the file from www.uberdemon.com (http://www.uberdemon.com) it will be a self-extracting zip file HOWEVER you will have to change the name of the file from a "ex_" file to an "exe" file. The reason for that is that my Web provider does not allow me to upload "exe" files. Once you download the file to the UQMG directory you installed it, change the name as instructed, close UQMG if you are running it, run self-extracting archive, don't change anything in the ZIP interface, click UNZIP button, allow it to overwrite everything, then click CLOSE.

As I mentioned, there are NEW features included so I will not post the entire README file, but only the new features of patch0003 and the Installation instructions (and YES you get CLONING with this upgrade to overcome 32 max plane limitation... of course!) /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Before you ask me the question: YES, YOU CAN INSTALL THIS OVER ANY PREVIOUS WORKING VERSION OF UQMG FOR FORGOTTEN BATTLES. (Not shouting, just attention getting)

B. UQMG Calculator (never released before patch0003)
----------------------------------------------------
This new upgrade patch adds more functionality to UQMG. The following are a list of features:

* NEW UQMG Calculator. Right above the grid you will see a new button called "Total Number of Planes". Click that button for at any time find out how many planes will be in your mission. The display presents the information in detail, including aircraft at the start of the mission, as well as delayed planes. The calculation takes into account Clones that may be delayed. Limitations: Delay in player flight does not count towards delay in coop planes. To fix this, do not set delay to player flight. Delay in gliders from Tug/Glider combos during takeoff are not counted as delay. Count them as being present in the beginning of the mission, although there may be a slight delay.

* Fixed interaction with Shift_E's Quick Mission Tuner (QMT). Before, UQMG started the application twice. The type of button was changed and the code fixed. QMT is only called once. Limitation: Button in UQMG cannot have white colored fonts.

* Added direct link to UberDemon's Web site in the Help menu.

* Added ability to display UQMG version information in a consolidated and simple manner in the Help menu.

* Added help tip in the Flight editor concerning using Air Attack Interception for Clones.

* Moved Li-2 in Red Base 1 for Net 1 Map Summer & Winter which caused aircraft to crash upon landing taxi.

* Fixed Buildings for Net 1 Winter map so that they are now the correct Winter structures.

IV. Installation (WARNING: READ, IMPORTANT)
============================================
* Download file to the installation directory of UQMG for IL-2 FB, which is most likely "c:\program files\uberquickfb\"
* Make sure you are not running UQMG.
* CHANGE file name from "upgrade0001_uqmg4fb.ex_" to "upgrade0001_uqmg4fb.exe"
* This step is necessary because my Web server does not allow me to upload EXE files, and normal ZIP files are causing headaches to Win NT/2000/XP users because Windows will not allow overwriting of files from a ZIP archive, only manual copying.
* Double-Click file to run self extracting archiver. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. Simply click the Unzip button, and when it is done, click Close.
* If you get asked to overwrite a file, say "Yes to All".
* Start UQMG
* If you got the error message related to the International patch, then the first time you try to create a mission, you will get a more friendly message. UQMG will then close, and the next time you start, you will not have that problem again. The correct directories will be created for you and you should be able to play it in IL2 FB.

Enjoy.

Best Regards,
Demon/门揵erDemon
uberdemon@uberdemon.com

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 10:06 PM
Thanks Uberdemon,

This tool is so simple to use with results that offer varied and challenging fights.
We used the B17 v BF109 COOP fight and found it to be, to say the least, very challenging with a collective "O POO"(Censor won't allow S word) coming from all pilots.

The additin of a simple aircraft calculater will enable me to host games without slowdown thru to many images on screen, so thanks to for that.

AHS_Kristorf

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 10:08 PM
Excellent. I'll see if it solves my probs!

Nic

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 10:09 PM
I have not used your software for a long time, but I am sure this is good.

Thanks, UberDemon.

<p align="center">http://forums.ubi.com/i/icons/Symbols/symbol-us-flag.gif </br></br><font size="1" color="white"><u>RealKill</u></font></p><font size="1" color="#4A535C">

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 10:35 PM
Still got the error message after I installed the addon. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

"There was an error during file reading. Error Code: Main->mwWriteCloneFlights"

Nic

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 12:12 AM
* KRISTORF - Thank you. Once I started posting how to determine the clone calculations, I thought that it would be better for me to just create that calculator. It was more work than I planned, but I think it was worth the trouble, especially after your comments. Just a precaution... I found a bug in it. Tug/Glider Combos will get counted even if they are set to 0 planes... My bad. I'll fix that in the next update. The temp fix is having another type of plane in an unused flight... Getting back to the positive comments... I thought that the calculator woule help users stay within a wanted limit. So, say, if you want your missions to not have more than 70 planes, you can do all that with the help of the calculator, which will keep you on track. It will also help you with Coop missions, because it will tell you how many planes are available for players.

* RealKill - If you are going from the old IL-2 version UQMG Demo, you will enjoy a much better product. I hope you enjoy it.

* nicolas10 - this is killing me... why is 2000 and XP being so difficult? Please also follow the two posts below at SimHQ. I have been trying to help another user and I am just running out of ideas, but something may turn up. I have not given up yet.

http://oldsite.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=004476
http://oldsite.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=004585

Best Regards,
Demon/门揵erDemon
uberdemon@uberdemon.com

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 12:19 AM
Yeah I read all the steps and everything to no avail. I'll check those links when I have a little time, thanks.

Nic

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 11:14 PM
nicolas10,

Problem solved at first link:

http://oldsite.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=004476

See if that is the problem you are having.

Best Regards,
Demon/门揵erDemon
uberdemon@uberdemon.com

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 11:32 PM
Uberdemon . . .

Many thanks for the best addon of this type created for this simulation. Your constant improvements and tweaks show that you really want people to enjoy the game. We are all indebted to you.

Your Fan,

Tsisqua

http://www.uploadit.org/files/010903-nedChristie.jpg

Tsalagi Asgaya Equa!

XyZspineZyX
10-18-2003, 10:57 AM
* nicolas10 - you need to go to page 2 of that link. The quote by DOM is:

"Hurra, it works

Thanks a lot / Mille fois merci Back

As said by Back, the solution for French users (and maybe other countries ???) is : open Windows Config Panel (in french, read "Panneau de COnfiguration"), open language options (in french : "Options R茅gionales et linguistiques"), then select "English (USA)" (in french : "Anglais (Etats-Unis)") ... et voila ... so simple ! Ahemm, I was very far to find out that by myself ...

Thanks again Back and Demon for your help and attention.

Cheers"

* tsisqua - thank you. I appreciate your constant support. Be on the lookout for the new version of Shift_E's QMT also. I'va been testing it and it is awesome... For example you can set one of the clone planes as the player plane, you can edit the briefing, you can change skin for every plane in the mission, you can change plane types... and it uses my initialization files so that when IL-2/FB upgrades comes, updates for UQMG and QMT will be simultaneous.

Best Regards,
Demon/门揵erDemon
uberdemon@uberdemon.com

XyZspineZyX
10-18-2003, 04:14 PM
Hi Demon /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Just tried the FB version for the first time. Great tool, but there's a problem with cloning flights. I start the mission and the clones aren't there. If they're on my side I hear them screaming as if they were shot down right in the beginning of the mission. Then it took me a closer look to find out that:

[MAIN]
MAP Netmountains/load.ini
TIME 12.000001
CloudType 0
CloudHeight 1000.0
player g0100
army 2
playerNum 0
[Wing]
g0100
g0101
[g0100]
Planes 4
Skill 1
Class air.BI_1
Fuel 75
weapons default
[g0100_Way]
NORMFLY 25051.94 32658.63 8000.0 800.0
NORMFLY 27857.25 40632.79 8000.0 800.0
NORMFLY 30540.20 45961.06 8000.0 800.0
NORMFLY 28018.73 49730.15 8000.0 800.0
NORMFLY 35814.17 49537.38 8000.0 800.0
NORMFLY 31751.36 44064.48 8000.0 800.0
NORMFLY 20830.54 51156.38 1001.0 300.0
NORMFLY 17386.59 42754.51 1501.0 300.0
NORMFLY 13387.30 40258.35 701.0 300.0
LANDING 12624.34 39749.29 0 0
[g0101]
Planes 4
Skill 1
Class air.BI_1
Fuel 75
weapons default
[g0101_Way]
NORMFLY 2505344 3266013 8030.0 800.0
NORMFLY 2785875 4063429 8030.0 800.0
NORMFLY 3054170 4596256 8030.0 800.0
NORMFLY 2802023 4973165 8030.0 800.0
NORMFLY 3581567 4953888 8030.0 800.0
NORMFLY 3175286 4406598 8030.0 800.0
NORMFLY 2083204 5115788 1001.0 300.0
NORMFLY 1738809 4275601 1501.0 300.0
NORMFLY 1338880 4025985 701.0 300.0
LANDING 1262584 3975079 0 0

g0100 is the original flight and g0101 is the clone. Pretty obvious that the dot is missing in the clone's coordinates. Looks like something doesn't work well in your algorithm. When adding the dots manually, it's like it should be.

XyZspineZyX
10-18-2003, 04:36 PM
Wiley,

I will review my code as soon as I can... Take a look at the post right before yours... That may be a temp fix.

I think it has got to do with the fact that in the US, UK, etc... the fractional separator is "." (dot/period) and in other countries it is "," (comma). I'll try to fix it ASAP. It is a little harder because it is not a text substitution but an actual mathematical function for the Cloning, plus all the conversions.

Back to the drawing boards... but first I have to get some beer, pizza, and spend some quality time with the wife... I know... how dare I do anything else but IL2, ... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

A huge sorry for the people not using PCs with USA English settings. I happen to have that setting in my computer so I didn't think about that.

Best Regards,
Demon/门揵erDemon
uberdemon@uberdemon.com

XyZspineZyX
10-18-2003, 04:42 PM
Right, that works... had no error message though /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif . Changed that numbers to "123'456'789.00" and left all the rest like it was originally. So I change the least for solving that problem /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif .

XyZspineZyX
10-18-2003, 10:36 PM
hi,

I installed the first Zip and it worked fine. With the second (changed exE) itworks no more.Stating that the maps are not yet available in single or coop.Sometimes I see only landscapes, or a frosen cockpit in mid-air.Do you know what,s wrong?The program looks cool to me with so many planes.

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 10:05 AM
Great!
Downloading latest update now!

S! Simon.
<center>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm).

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/ex1_soon.jpg
<font color="#000000">It's my attitude not my aptitude that determines my altitude.</font></center>

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 09:24 PM
potver wrote:
- hi,
-
-
- I installed the first Zip and it worked fine. With
- the second (changed exE) itworks no more.Stating
- that the maps are not yet available in single or
- coop.Sometimes I see only landscapes, or a frosen
- cockpit in mid-air.Do you know what,s wrong?The
- program looks cool to me with so many planes.
-
-
-

I think this is what is happening:

1 - did you unzip the fb100.exe that is in the ini subdirectory before you attempted to install the upgrade? That is a part of the first run of UQMG. It is explained in the installation/configuration instructions. PLease take a look at my website's support page.

- If you install the upgrade without first running the original installation... that is, actually creating a mission, UQMG will never work properly.

- you have to rerun fb100.exe, then do the upgrade again.

2 - If everything is working perfectly for some of the maps and not others, if the map you refer to says it is only available for DF, it means just what it says. It is not ready yet for Single or Coop but it can be enjoyed as a DF arena. Updates will come out as soon as I have time to get them out.

Hope that solves your problem. Good luck.

Best Regards,
Demon/门揵erDemon
uberdemon@uberdemon.com

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 08:19 AM
hi, Thanks for the tip UD.I will try it later on.

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 09:02 PM
Hi UD,

I am sorry to tell you that the same happens all the time: frosen cockpits and that,s all.I reinstalled everything: 1. installed uqmg4 fb0000 by running

set-up exe

2. opened ini and ran fb 100 exe

3. created a mission : fine mission

4. copied upgrade 0001 in main directory

Uqmg

5. changed exE and ran it

I don,t know what I did wrong.

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 07:35 PM
potver,

1 - If your computer is not very powerful, it may be choking... but I dont think it is the problem...

2 _ I think you are having a problem that I am fixing with the next upgrade (it is ready, but I am waiting to release it with a new map. Here is a temp fix:

http://oldsite.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=004476;p=2

"Hurra, it works

Thanks a lot / Mille fois merci Back

As said by Back, the solution for French users (and maybe other countries ???) is : open Windows Config Panel (in french, read "Panneau de COnfiguration"), open language options (in french : "Options R茅gionales et linguistiques"), then select "English (USA)" (in french : "Anglais (Etats-Unis)") ... et voila ... so simple ! Ahemm, I was very far to find out that by myself ...

Thanks again Back and Demon for your help and attention.

Cheers

Dominique"

Best Regards,
Demon/门揵erDemon
uberdemon@uberdemon.com