PDA

View Full Version : game boot up resolution?

massive02
05-08-2010, 01:00 AM
is there a way to boot the game up with a different default resolution? currently my monitor is so old that whatever resolution its starting in right now the monitor goes out of frequency.

massive02
05-08-2010, 01:00 AM
is there a way to boot the game up with a different default resolution? currently my monitor is so old that whatever resolution its starting in right now the monitor goes out of frequency.

GuZZ33
05-08-2010, 01:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by massive02:
monitor goes out of frequency. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Are you using a CRT monitor?. Anyway the only file i think could possibly relate to your request is in the games directory, the file is in src\system\ Default ini. Open it up in notepad and scroll all the way down the list and you see this....

[LauncherResolutions]
res0=4160x2304
res1=2080x1152
res2=1920x1080
res3=1600X900
res4=1280x720
res5=1040x576
res6=960x540
res7=640x360

Maybe you could try adding res8=640x480? or 800x600?

Use at your own risk though, or wait for someone else to point you in the right direction?

It's the only thing i would try if i had the problem.

KingDaniel0
05-08-2010, 03:06 AM
------------------------------------------------------------

You get this 'Out of Frequency/range' message, because the in-game Refresh rate(Hz) and the Resolution, are not within your Monitor's acceptable values.

You need to delete the Config(.ini) file, which stores the game's settings. Doing this will reset ALL the settings to default. Locate the config file which stores the Game settings, i.e. ConvictionUserPC.ini. The file should be located somewhere here:

C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Conviction\

After finding this config file (.ini), remove it. Now launch the game, and at the Video Options choose the Resolution/Refresh rate which you like. Do NOT select those values, which your Monitor doesn't support.

You can also Manually enter the Resolution/Hz values inside this config file. Open this ConvictionUserPC.ini file with Notepad, and search for the following heading i.e. [UserVideoOptions.YOURUserName], and look for the 'FullscreenViewportX/Y' lines. Do NOT enter those values here, which your Monitor doesn't support.

You must also change the value of the variable 'MaxRefreshRate=', to match your Monitor's Refresh rate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GuZZ33
05-08-2010, 04:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
You need to delete the Config(.ini) file, which stores the game's settings. Doing this will reset ALL the settings to default. Locate the config file which stores the Game settings, i.e. ConvictionUserPC.ini. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What version of windows does he/she have though?, reason i mention that is because in windows 7 the ConvictionUserPc.ini file looks like this....

[SystemValidation]
RunValidation=True
LastAdapterNumber=0

[DefaultPlayer]
Name=Player
Class=EchelonCharacter.ESam
team=1
Local=True
UseCharacterControl=true

[NetPlayer]
Name=Player2
Class=EchelonCharacter.ESam
team=2
Local=False

[Engine.HUD]
HudMode=0
Crosshair=0

[Engine.Display]
AdapterNumber=0
DisableShaderOptims=False
UseTripleBuffering=False
ForceGpuCount=0
MaxFPS=120
EyefinityMode=2

[Inputs]
ControllerType=KT_X360
KeyboardLayout=KT_DEFAULT
UseXInputByDefault=True

massive02
05-08-2010, 08:48 AM
windows 7 64 bit the monitor is a old no name daewoo brand lcd monitor that i got in the 1990s

ok so i tried deleting conviction.ini and booting the game in a different resolution it didn't seem to work. I also put it back in and added a new line for resolution and doesn't seem to do anything
also in the convictionuser.ini and convictionuserpc.ini there doesn't seem to be anything on resolution it looks just like what GuZZ33 said

KingDaniel0
05-08-2010, 10:11 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------

OK,

I don't have this game with me nor Win 7, but I got this info from here. According to this guy (PaddyWak), Win 7 does contain the ConvictionUserPC.ini file, and the said resolution settings which I told.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...131096758#1131096758 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7211014258/m/2071013758?r=1131096758#1131096758)

Or try editing the cfg file which 'GuZZ33' told you to do ?

*Just a guess*. Maybe under Win 7, the correct config file's path is different Like e.g.

'Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ubisoft\Conviction\'.

'C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Ubisoft\Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction'.

But only Win 7 SCC users can answer this correctly, and verify it.

chmun77
05-08-2010, 10:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KingDaniel0:

OK,

I don't have this game with me nor Win 7, but I got this info from here. According to this guy (PaddyWak), Win 7 does contain the ConvictionUserPC.ini file, and the said resolution settings which I told.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...131096758#1131096758 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7211014258/m/2071013758?r=1131096758#1131096758)

Or try editing the cfg file which 'GuZZ33' told you to do ?

*Just a guess*. Maybe under Win 7, the correct config file's path is different Like e.g.

'Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ubisoft\Conviction\'.

'C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Ubisoft\Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction'.

But only Win 7 SCC users can answer this correctly, and verify it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm unable to find the "UbiSoft" folder under the Roaming folder. Using Win7 here.

KingDaniel0
05-08-2010, 10:29 AM
----------------------------------------------------------

Are you sure the folder is NOT 'hidden' ? Then which config (.ini) file will Win 7 users Open and edit ?? And where is that file located ?

I don't know why those Resolution lines will be absent in the 'ConvictionUserPC.ini', if using Win 7 ?

--------------------------------------------------------------

GuZZ33
05-08-2010, 02:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chmun77:
I'm unable to find the "UbiSoft" folder under the Roaming folder. Using Win7 here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, like KingDaniel0 & PaddyWak mentioned...

Windows 7 x64

First you will have to "Show hidden files, folders and drives" to be able to see ProgramData

Look in your main hard drive directory, look for and double click/open up...

[ProgramData]-&gt; [Ubisoft]-&gt; [Conviction] and there you will find ConvictionUserPC ini.