PDA

View Full Version : Damage model,Minefields and Subnets!

Poacher886a
02-02-2005, 07:45 AM
I was very excited to read in the recent live chat that we can navigate our way through the minefields.

It say's you can use the external camera for this,but as i'm aware mines used to sit on/just below the surface and would feel far more relistic/tense if you could stand on the bridge and spot them!!!

Secondly,there was no mention of weather you can get through the sub nets,again in deep water could these not be dived under?,perhaps at near crush depth to add excitment,of course they also used the scissors on the front of there boat,I HOPE THIS IS AN UPGRADE,because the option to access new an uncharted water by either dodging mines of cuting your way through subnets would add longivity to the game and quite frankly be superb(knowing your the only sub to access the area on an unsuspecting enemy)

Also i wanted to discuss the damage model,that is to say the external damage model....i would like if my sub has been in the wars for it to look like this and reflect the damage accoringly like in games like IL2 etc.It gives me great satisfaction limping home in a beatern up sub perhaps having to push it to avoid an encounter with a destroyer...

Poacher886a
02-02-2005, 07:45 AM
I was very excited to read in the recent live chat that we can navigate our way through the minefields.

It say's you can use the external camera for this,but as i'm aware mines used to sit on/just below the surface and would feel far more relistic/tense if you could stand on the bridge and spot them!!!

Secondly,there was no mention of weather you can get through the sub nets,again in deep water could these not be dived under?,perhaps at near crush depth to add excitment,of course they also used the scissors on the front of there boat,I HOPE THIS IS AN UPGRADE,because the option to access new an uncharted water by either dodging mines of cuting your way through subnets would add longivity to the game and quite frankly be superb(knowing your the only sub to access the area on an unsuspecting enemy)

Also i wanted to discuss the damage model,that is to say the external damage model....i would like if my sub has been in the wars for it to look like this and reflect the damage accoringly like in games like IL2 etc.It gives me great satisfaction limping home in a beatern up sub perhaps having to push it to avoid an encounter with a destroyer...

blue_76
02-02-2005, 07:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It gives me great satisfaction limping home in a beatern up sub <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think i can say the same.. but i see your point.. i would like to see a broken off dive plane for example when its seriously damaged. your ideas are sound, hopefully they'll incorporate them in the game

bertgang
02-02-2005, 08:14 AM
I think that there was no mention of the manner you can get through or cut the sub nets, because the right way is to wait until they are retrieved to allow the passage of some unit.

I bet that netcutters of u-boats were totally useless against anything different from simple fishing nets.

macker33
02-02-2005, 05:05 PM
I think they said someting along the lines that the nets will be unpassible objects.
Well spotted about trying to go under them though.

Farside498
02-02-2005, 05:16 PM
unless the bottom of the net is too close to the sea floor, then you really cant get through

hauitsme
02-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Since when have nets been deployed in deep water? Just how many deep water harbor entrances are there? They were used for harbor defense, and if they couldn't reach near bottom, mines or other defenses would be deployed underneath, so there would be no diving under w/o grave danger. And they weren't thin fabric fish nets. They were thick twisted woven steel.

macker33
02-03-2005, 12:02 PM
I must have had a flash of inspiration,what was i thinking?I was seeing 150ft deep harbours.

Yarrick_
02-05-2005, 05:34 AM
And I readed that only a few submarines had netcutters. I think, that it was mainly the VIIB, the one used by Prien in Scapa Flow.
If you just went to 9 knots or something, wouldn't that just cut the steel wire? Or, like the doors "the less tough part is the lock", you could just destroy the place where the net is tied to, while passing by it.

Dominicrigg
02-05-2005, 06:10 AM
Nets are impassable in the game, no cutting!!

I dont think anyone ever tried to cut through a sub net in real life anyway, i certainly wouldnt try it. Its like a fish swimming into trawler nets to see if he can fit through the holes!!

OOOoopps no i cant, im stuck...

Davca
02-05-2005, 11:51 AM
it might be funny but could u try to shoot torpedo trough the net,so the explosion would ripped it off,but then again doing this close the port all the surprise is gone,right.i would just wait close the port for some ship pass by...

Davca
02-05-2005, 11:55 AM
and the damage model i hope we can see places where we got shot at,or when we shoot at a ship i hope i see right impact and that it would differ if i use AP or HE ammo.and i hope i see ripping parts from the plane attacking my sub when i stroke him with 4x AA... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

julien673
02-05-2005, 12:20 PM
like that little flak http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

http://www.silenthunteriii.com/ss/u_flak.jpg

Davca
02-05-2005, 02:45 PM
yeahhhh baby,thats them,muuaahahahahaha http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif