PDA

View Full Version : Oleg: Would you mind killing the 109's stall horn ?

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 11:07 PM
Now that flap usage is pretty much an essential part of combat all i'm hearing these days is this thing going off all the time.

It may be realistic but it's giving me a headache.

Lixma,

Blitzpig.

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 11:07 PM
Now that flap usage is pretty much an essential part of combat all i'm hearing these days is this thing going off all the time.

It may be realistic but it's giving me a headache.

Lixma,

Blitzpig.

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 11:10 PM
if its realistic then it should stay but would be ok if their could be an option to turn it off i suppose..

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 11:17 PM
Maybe it shouldn't be that loud, but if it was in the original plane it should stay in the sim too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.metalforum-austria.net/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=15243

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 11:20 PM
It`s actually louder then cannon fire. Agreed, would be nice to have it optional.

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Apparently it could only be heard just above the din of the engine itself...so...its probably too audible right now.

http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/icefire/icefire_tempest.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 11:31 PM
ive flown in a plane with a stall warning and during aerobatics its almost constatly on! does get a bit annoying!

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 11:31 PM
From pilot accounts that have been posted here, supposedly the flap/no gear horn was only audible if the engine was throttled right back. Which makes sense, since it was mainly designed to warn you if you were trying to land without the gear down.

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 12:39 AM
In original Il-2 u could only hear it if u throtteled down. I dunno why they decided to make it louder...
I am still in love with this game!

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 12:46 AM
Out of all the sounds that drop out or become muffled with the new fangled sound engine the stall horn is never one of them. Bah.

Lixma,

Blitzpig.

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 01:54 AM
You wont like lockon then if you horns and beeping give you a headache, removing it would be like removing the stukas dive siren.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 04:17 AM
its just telling you your flaps are down because they shouldent be

well my name was spelled wrong

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 07:45 AM
never mind!

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 11:55 AM
Lixma wrote:
- Now that flap usage is pretty much an essential part
- of combat all i'm hearing these days is this thing
- going off all the time.
-
- It may be realistic but it's giving me a headache.

Flap usage in a 109 in combat is essential? Lol - useful for landing, yes, but not combat. Best way not to hear that horn is not to get into turning fights - it's a waste of the 109s abilities anyway /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 05:39 PM
its to make us all boom and zoomers i tell ya :\
can someone say the real reason for it please? its really annoying to have it going off :\
tbh id smash the damn thing if it was a real 109 /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 05:56 PM
Hi,
well according to some manual i read (some time ago) the only reason for it is to alert the pilot about the undercarriage before landing. It wasn't possible to hear at any other point but when at almost idle.

Think i have a pdf 109 manual laying somwhere confirming this but i can't find it right now.

Regards H√¬•kan

Yes, checked it out. Sorry can't copy and paste because the text in the pdf doc is scanned and not written.
Anyway.

It says, I quote: "You will hear an audible warning if the undercarriage is not down and locked when flaps is down. The sound can ONLY be heard when engine is IDLE"

This is stated at page 12 in a Finnish translated manual for the Bf109G2.

Regards H√¬•kan

Message Edited on 09/09/0305:03PM by JG301_HP

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 10:17 PM
JG301_HP wrote:

-
- It says, I quote: "You will hear an audible warning
- if the undercarriage is not down and locked when
- flaps is down. The sound can ONLY be heard when
- engine is IDLE"
-
- This is stated at page 12 in a Finnish translated
- manual for the Bf109G2.
-
- Regards H√¬•kan

And this flaps down means LANDING FLAPS, not combat flaps!

==> Only flaps "beep-beep" when no gear down and landing flaps are applied!