PDA

View Full Version : Need tips to fly the 262

CapStratos
07-23-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm having real problems to fly and survive in the Me262 ( real life variants ), I have no problem with bombers cause my speed and punch are a great thing, but against fighters, piston and jet powered, I'm dead meat.
Maybe someone can give good tips to fly agisnt fighters??
Thank's!

CapStratos
07-23-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm having real problems to fly and survive in the Me262 ( real life variants ), I have no problem with bombers cause my speed and punch are a great thing, but against fighters, piston and jet powered, I'm dead meat.
Maybe someone can give good tips to fly agisnt fighters??
Thank's!

ake109
07-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Are you keeping your speed up? The Me-262 needs to stay at least 100kph faster then the enemy props to stay alive. If you make a firing pass and miss, don't turn, just continue flying pass and convert the speed into a zoom climb before repeating the pass. Against a twisty slippery enemy fighter it can be frustrating as you keep missing but that can't be helped.

Once, online I was fighting this greasy Russian prop who kept dodging my diving passes. I ran out of fuel before I ran out of ammo (I didn't even fire on a lot of passes since a lot of times he put himself at crazy angles which I wasn't confident to take high speed deflection shots).

At least they can't hit you even if you keep missing.

han freak solo
07-23-2007, 09:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ake109:
don't turn </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True.

Sweep down from above when they don't see you. If one-on-one and a prop job engages you, just leave 'em alone if you can't get a head-on shot.

CapStratos
07-23-2007, 09:44 AM
So you think the real guys do this aginst Spits, Thunderbolts and Mustangs?
I need to do the same with the Ta183

ake109
07-23-2007, 09:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CapStratos:
So you think the real guys do this aginst Spits, Thunderbolts and Mustangs?
I need to do the same with the Ta183 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Accounts I read indicate thats what they really did. Its the same that surviving Wildcat/P-40 pilots did against Zeroes.

Daiichidoku
07-23-2007, 10:06 AM
look for Kerosene_Kaos server at HyperLobby

it has all flyable jets, you can get unlimited jet vs jet and jet vs prop practice there

Whirlin_merlin
07-23-2007, 10:58 AM
I like to fly the 262 full real, that is I soak me crown jewels in petrol and have the missus flick matches at me. Also works for zeros.

Keep it real.

On a more serious note best thing that ever helped me with the jets was getting a new joystick, one where the throttle bits didnt randomly fluctate.

Scorpion.233
07-23-2007, 11:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daiichidoku:

it has all flyable jets, you can get unlimited jet vs jet and jet vs prop practice there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's allways empty when I check.

Daiichidoku
07-23-2007, 12:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scorpion.233:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daiichidoku:

it has all flyable jets, you can get unlimited jet vs jet and jet vs prop practice there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's allways empty when I check. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

check more often http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

it is new...that doesnt help..and that its a "niche" within a "niche" of the FCS community...its not wantign for lack of capacity http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

heck, some ppl loathe jets as some kinda alien, lol

guess they dont realise how much easier prop vs prop gunnery is after youve learn high speed marksmanship..oh well....

MrMojok
07-23-2007, 09:17 PM
These gentlemen are right, Stratos. if a prop-jock sees you coming, he can easily pull angles that will make a shot impossible for you. If he does, just zoom on away and look for someone else.

Don't try to fly the thing on servers where external views are enabled, because people on those servers just fly around hitting the padlock key constantly, which means you will never sneak up on anyone. Fly it in a server with externals disabled and cockpit-on.

CapStratos
07-24-2007, 01:21 AM
Thank's guys!

Any specific tip for beat the AI? They have a radar http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

han freak solo
07-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Unfortunately, to kill AI from behind you have to start shooting earlier than you would like to.

If you wait until 400 meters or less, the AI will take evasive action. Try a good burst at 500 meters and follow through until they dodge you.