PDA

View Full Version : How to make my game smoother

mist4lyf
03-30-2011, 02:13 AM
I was looking at the options and I wanted to know a few things. To make my game run smoother should i keep vsync and post effects on or off?

mist4lyf
03-30-2011, 02:13 AM
I was looking at the options and I wanted to know a few things. To make my game run smoother should i keep vsync and post effects on or off?

KingDaniel0
04-07-2011, 05:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mist4lyf:
I was looking at the options and I wanted to know a few things. To make my game run smoother should i keep vsync and post effects on or off? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I just saw this thread of yours. Which game are you talking about ? Is it Brotherhood ? What are your FULL PC specs ?

If you enable Vertical Sync, then this will cap and Lock the FPS to the Refresh Rate of your Monitor. So if your refresh rate is 60Hz for example, your framerate can now only reach a maximum of 60FPS......So it's better if you disable/turn OFF this option, if you want more gaming FPS and performance.

Which GPU do you have, Nvidia or ATI ?? Actually if VSync is ON, then it should be used along with Triple Buffering, via any tool like RivaTuner. This should be done for better overall performance. If VSync is ON, then the Video card sometimes becomes a Slave to your Monitor, thus enabling VSync usually ends up reducing your overall gaming FPS. So for this we need to enable Triple Buffering......

--------------------------------------------

bitebug2003
04-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Technical Threads belong in the AC Community Technical Help and Advice Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/4721051016).

Closed.