PDA

View Full Version : Garbage Servers on PS3. Unacceptable Ubisoft.

SpyderNynja
11-29-2010, 06:06 PM
I was never the kind of guy to complain about something on a forum like a, "tiny child",(- Shaun Hastings) but this is ridiculous, 70% of the games I play disconnect. My connection is just fine. The last, and I count, 23 games I have played, in a row, all disconnected. waste of time, waste of experience. Unfair. Something has to be done because this is just incredibly infuriating and ruins the quality of the multiplayer, sending it from from exhilarating to impatient and arduous.

SpyderNynja
11-29-2010, 06:06 PM
I was never the kind of guy to complain about something on a forum like a, "tiny child",(- Shaun Hastings) but this is ridiculous, 70% of the games I play disconnect. My connection is just fine. The last, and I count, 23 games I have played, in a row, all disconnected. waste of time, waste of experience. Unfair. Something has to be done because this is just incredibly infuriating and ruins the quality of the multiplayer, sending it from from exhilarating to impatient and arduous.

Lonnie_Jackson
11-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Servers are an issue but remember this is the first time AC has went Multi. Trust me I an't tell you how many times I have had to start a level upgrade over and over. Lets just hope they are working on single and multi at the same time.

SpyderNynja
11-29-2010, 07:10 PM
True words. I've been stuck at level 30 for two days.

AnthonyA85
11-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Aren't the MP servers operated by Sony/Microsoft?

since the two consoles connect through PSN and XBL respectively, I'd have thought those respective companies would manage the servers.

EdgeX4
11-29-2010, 10:26 PM
I haven't had an issue sor far...never disconected... weird

obliviondoll
11-29-2010, 11:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
Aren't the MP servers operated by Sony/Microsoft?

since the two consoles connect through PSN and XBL respectively, I'd have thought those respective companies would manage the servers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope.

Which is why MS charging players for access to multiplayer should be illegal.

You're using YOUR ISP's internet connection, and the GAME DEVELOPER's servers, and MICROSOFT get paid to let you do so.

Do you pay your PC manufacturer for the "privilege" of online gaming?

Back properly on-topic though, if you're having that much trouble, it's one of four things:

1. You're getting bad luck with host quits (it's player hosted, but via Ubi servers)

2. You're getting bad luck with the known, currently-being-worked-on matchmaking/server troubles. Which, as mentioned, is being worked on. Plenty of online kinks can't be found even with good beta testing. Think about any first-generation multiplayer release, check the forums from soon after release, and you WILL find complaints about connection issues, matchmaking, etc.

3. Check your settings - your internet connection may be perfectly fine, but with some settings, it can interrupt online gaming, and not just for Brotherhood. Most important, check your NAT - if it's type 3, you're doing it wrong.

4. Your connection isn't as good as you think. With people who are reasonably familiar with their connection and online gaming in general, this is unlikely, but it's still worth mentioning as a possibility.

driger697
11-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Its works better if your looking for the alliance mode, at least it does for me, but yeah the server seem to drop you out of any game you get into

ReaperTot080
11-30-2010, 12:48 PM
I've never had connection issues that I've been seeing ppl complain about. Im on ps3 and the only time I get dissconnected is when my own internet goes out cuz I live in the middle of nowhere.

Black_Widow9
11-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Have you guys seen this Topic?
Server Maintenance - Tuesday November 30, 8am - 9am (EST) (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/6771005598)