PDA

View Full Version : A question about the common sense of Altair

archie7272
10-05-2011, 06:59 AM
I was just thinking about the Revelations storyline, when I remembered the part about Altair hiding the weapon under Masyaf that can end the war between the Assassin's and Templars, so I thought: "Why didn't Altair use it?"

archie7272
10-05-2011, 06:59 AM
I was just thinking about the Revelations storyline, when I remembered the part about Altair hiding the weapon under Masyaf that can end the war between the Assassin's and Templars, so I thought: "Why didn't Altair use it?"

rawrsmitch
10-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Maybe he just knew that it was not the right time, or the Apple told him so.

CRUDFACE
10-05-2011, 07:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by archie7272:
I was just thinking about the Revelations storyline, when I remembered the part about Altair hiding the weapon under Masyaf that can end the war between the Assassin's and Templars, so I thought: "Why didn't Altair use it?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the whole point of the game. We know Ezio probably found all five seals. The war is still going on, which means Ezio didn't use it either or didn't know how to.

NewBlade200
10-05-2011, 07:16 AM
It's not a weapon. It's a library or some source of information that would greatly aid the assassins and change the tide of battle. However, there have been several instances where characters have been lied to in order to reach a certain goal:

AC2 SPOILER IN WHITE: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">The Vault did not hide a weapon as was previously believed, but instead a message.</span>

ACB DA VINCI DISSAPEARENCE SPOILER IN WHITE: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">The Pythagorean Chamber held coordinates, not a perfect number to solve all problems.</span>

So the hidden library could hold a much more sinister revelation.

Toxotes47
10-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Maybe that weapon can only be activated when it communes with the DNA of a specific assassin, Desmond maybe.

johnnyhayek
10-05-2011, 07:29 AM
It could be another seal with a VERY important memory of Altair. I would love that actually. A weapon would not be a cool revelation. I'd be like "Wow, a bazooka that can suck all the Templars around the world into Oblivion" LAME. Information in any form(Altair memory, another one of TWCB, a book...) would be much better.

Toxotes47
10-05-2011, 07:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyhayek:
It could be another seal with a VERY important memory of Altair. I would love that actually. A weapon would not be a cool revelation. I'd be like "Wow, a bazooka that can suck all the Templars around the world into Oblivion" LAME. Information in any form(Altair memory, another one of TWCB, a book...) would be much better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it doesn't literally have to mean a weapon. It could be another POE or it very well could be a seal or artifact through which the sixth sense, the knowledge can be activated. It will work like a weapon then.

johnnyhayek
10-05-2011, 07:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taxotes319:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by johnnyhayek:
It could be another seal with a VERY important memory of Altair. I would love that actually. A weapon would not be a cool revelation. I'd be like "Wow, a bazooka that can suck all the Templars around the world into Oblivion" LAME. Information in any form(Altair memory, another one of TWCB, a book...) would be much better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it's a POE. I hope not. I want something mysterious, like another seal or a diary, or another TWCB.

Toxotes47
10-05-2011, 07:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyhayek:
I don't think it's a POE. I hope not. I want something mysterious, like another seal or a diary, or another TWCB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes a POE would be kind of lame, especially as we just found one in ACB. Personally I think its got to do something with sixth sense and Jupiter simultaneously.

dxsxhxcx
10-05-2011, 08:02 AM
I believe we'll see what Altair saw in that last look into the apple, maybe he saw the future and from that vision the modern day assassins will be able to discover what to do to stop the templars (maybe in that vision he discovered who the descendant of Eve is)...

Stowdace
10-05-2011, 09:23 AM
My theory is that this 'weapon' is similar to the Altair's Seals. But, instead of looking into Altair's past, it allows Ezio to look into the future, Desmond. It benefits Ezio because now he'll understand who Desmond is, what it is meant to be 'the prophet', and that he is part of a chain of ancestory that will bring salvation to the world. This could be his revelation.

It would benefit the Templars because it'd give them more incentive to end Ezio's life, and thus Desmond wouldn't exist to stop them in the future. They failed of course.

LightRey
10-05-2011, 10:16 AM
I think it's safe to assume that it's the kind of "weapon" that only Desmond can use, i.e. it's probably "knowledge", either referring to the sixth sense or something that Desmond needs to know in order to end the war.