PDA

View Full Version : two ai's boxing

baarssen
01-06-2010, 09:40 PM
i am trying to get two ai's to fight eachother using the the boxing motion type can someone explain how this works.

baarssen
01-06-2010, 09:40 PM
i am trying to get two ai's to fight eachother using the the boxing motion type can someone explain how this works.

seir
01-07-2010, 12:56 AM
This is an old behavior from COJ1 that is not supported in COJ2...

Groucho2
01-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Seir,

I have noticed this throughout Chrome's development that features from previous games linger in the code in places. For example COJ1 had stuff related to Xpand Rally in some locations.

When you say that those features are "not supported" does that mean that Techland will just not discuss or assist with questions/issues related to those features or does it mean that the features have either been partially altered so that they do not function in the current game since they were not needed.

I guess what I am wondering is it possible for a modder to figure out a way to possibly re-enable some features by tinkering with scripts/code etc.(with no support from Techland of course)or have you guys designed it so we can't do that?

seir
01-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Most of "not supported" functions are just abandoned and some changes in game or editor code forced these functions to stop working. Actually those functions where not needed for production at COJ:BiB.

We should remove all the not supported functions but as we saw after removing some it made ChromED very unstable. We decided to leave unsupported functions because we hadn't got any time to do that... Release date was set and there was much more important things to do that that.

I think that there's no way to re-enable these functions because it's in game's source code. Also most of functions need older data like animations (boxing animation for the bahavior that we are talking about in this thread) or gameplay mechanics.

Groucho2
01-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Seir,

Thanks for such a clear reply. It really helped me understand what to make out of the legacy stuff remaining. Your a big help as always!