PDA

View Full Version : Watch UP and Wake UP. This is the NET. !!!

FM_Golden_Eagle
04-30-2006, 03:38 AM
First af all thank's Oleg for this add-on, and it's distribution by download.

I hope in the future every paying software (game, upgrade or whatever) will be accessibile on the net by download by default. If it is also sold on a CD is for me irrelevant. I can burn my CD/DVD if I like anyway ore store it on my USB2 mini drive or whatever medium I choose.

And now a small word to all those who found a zillion reasons to complain:

Stop crying and if necessary update your hardware, moneyware and brainware or your way of thinking. It is an investment maybe but you have no choice. This is how things will be from now on, you like it or not. Be prepared to download multiple GB file sizes. And by god sake stop talking about US dollars, British Pounds and if things are available in the US, in Russia, or in California or in Indiana or in whatever other state or country. We are on a 6.4 billion people planet in 2006. More than 1 Billion are connected on the Net and more than 100 Million have broadband access. These numbers as I write are increasing at a very fast pace. This is the potential customer base for any distributor.

In many places people can get things on the internet but not on a nearby store. By the way it is my case for flight simulation software where the general stores I have nearby are not very much interested in this type of software.

For payment it's plastic or electronic money. A 10 year old child can do conversion between dollars, euros, pounds etc.. This is a false excuse. Any bank website gives you the exchange rates. And if you have no credit card or no internet electronic money account then get one fast. Those who resist will simply get out of the picture.

As for the remarks concerning websites in the US or any other country, com on guys who cares? The servers can be on the Moon or Mars, or on the nearby galaxy, the moment you have the link that's it.

Wake Up, Move or you will just vanish.

Gold

FM_Golden_Eagle
04-30-2006, 03:38 AM
First af all thank's Oleg for this add-on, and it's distribution by download.

I hope in the future every paying software (game, upgrade or whatever) will be accessibile on the net by download by default. If it is also sold on a CD is for me irrelevant. I can burn my CD/DVD if I like anyway ore store it on my USB2 mini drive or whatever medium I choose.

And now a small word to all those who found a zillion reasons to complain:

Stop crying and if necessary update your hardware, moneyware and brainware or your way of thinking. It is an investment maybe but you have no choice. This is how things will be from now on, you like it or not. Be prepared to download multiple GB file sizes. And by god sake stop talking about US dollars, British Pounds and if things are available in the US, in Russia, or in California or in Indiana or in whatever other state or country. We are on a 6.4 billion people planet in 2006. More than 1 Billion are connected on the Net and more than 100 Million have broadband access. These numbers as I write are increasing at a very fast pace. This is the potential customer base for any distributor.

In many places people can get things on the internet but not on a nearby store. By the way it is my case for flight simulation software where the general stores I have nearby are not very much interested in this type of software.

For payment it's plastic or electronic money. A 10 year old child can do conversion between dollars, euros, pounds etc.. This is a false excuse. Any bank website gives you the exchange rates. And if you have no credit card or no internet electronic money account then get one fast. Those who resist will simply get out of the picture.

As for the remarks concerning websites in the US or any other country, com on guys who cares? The servers can be on the Moon or Mars, or on the nearby galaxy, the moment you have the link that's it.

Wake Up, Move or you will just vanish.

Gold

domenlovrec
04-30-2006, 03:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Those who resist will simply get out of the picture. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like nazi propaganda.

So you think nothing is wrong, that some people who downloaded it, can't use it?

Or perhaps the whole PAY to PLAY thing? Is this simulation or MMORPG? Don't forget, two more addons are still to come.

FI-Skipper
04-30-2006, 07:23 AM
The fact of the matter is it should be available on CD as the internet.Atleast that way if the addon is **** you have something to show for it rather than just 10 vanishing

jasonbirder
04-30-2006, 07:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Or perhaps the whole PAY to PLAY thing? Is this simulation or MMORPG? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What Pay to Play thing...Oh I know the one where you have to Pay for the game to play it...right?
Cos If I hadn't PAID for FB then AEP then PF I wouldn't be able to PLAY right?
Now heres a thing...if you don't PAY for PE2 you can't PLAY PE2 right...well thats not a suprise really is it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Is what you really want...to be able to play the new game (including the PE2 addition) with everyone else that had to BUY it...without BUYING it yourself? Fair point me too...I'd have enjoyed another 10/$20 of beers last night in the bar myself...but you make your choices...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Don't forget, two more addons are still to come </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh goodie...cos they look even better than this one...and if they're available by download i'll be able to get them both CHEAPER and QUUICKER than if they come on a CD - two massive plus points in my book!

Dew-Claw
04-30-2006, 11:39 AM
I just love people who think that because thier situation is different, and they see things a certain way, that if you don't see things the same way you should leave.

Wait he doesn't see things the same way as me so maybe HE should leave.

georgeo76
04-30-2006, 11:52 AM
When you flippantly compare someone to a Nazi, do you think that makes that person look worse, the Nazis look more trivial, or you look more dumb?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sounds like nazi propaganda. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Targ
04-30-2006, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by georgeo76:
When you flippantly compare someone to a Nazi, do you think that makes that person look worse, the Nazis look more trivial, or you look more dumb?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sounds like nazi propaganda. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great reply http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Interminate
05-01-2006, 06:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Targ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by georgeo76:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sounds like nazi propaganda. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great reply http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif

Brain32
05-01-2006, 06:52 PM
109 is undermodelled.