PDA

View Full Version : Trials of the new potential Buyer

WaradMohar
11-25-2005, 03:31 PM
I've read alot about this game, enough to make me having to get it to place next to IL2-Sturmovik abd Falcon 4.0 as a great, honest-to-god, simulator game.

However there is one problem keeping me from pressing that buy button on Amazon.com

Starforce or Fox, or front. Or whatever that hellish example of Piracy Protection is called.

After seeing so many threads on it, I'm fearful to the point as soon as I install the game, SF is going to meltdown my computer into a puddle of molten metal, jump out of the remains, burn my house down, and stomping my Genitles to the beat of *Insert the song with the beat that would probably make this the most painful here*

So, I ask ye all, Gurus of the wonderful life of SHIII, just what the bloody hell am I supposed to do. Buy the game, install it and pray for some sort of miracle that it won't do the above. Find some sort of magic cure for the potenital problems? What?

An almighty guide to surviving this would be most helpful. If such a thing does not exist and I'll be gambling my life installing it no matter what, I'll just buy the BF2 expansion, and hope that Ubi releases a "No Starfox or whatever the name is" version.

Thanks.

WaradMohar
11-25-2005, 03:31 PM
I've read alot about this game, enough to make me having to get it to place next to IL2-Sturmovik abd Falcon 4.0 as a great, honest-to-god, simulator game.

However there is one problem keeping me from pressing that buy button on Amazon.com

Starforce or Fox, or front. Or whatever that hellish example of Piracy Protection is called.

After seeing so many threads on it, I'm fearful to the point as soon as I install the game, SF is going to meltdown my computer into a puddle of molten metal, jump out of the remains, burn my house down, and stomping my Genitles to the beat of *Insert the song with the beat that would probably make this the most painful here*

So, I ask ye all, Gurus of the wonderful life of SHIII, just what the bloody hell am I supposed to do. Buy the game, install it and pray for some sort of miracle that it won't do the above. Find some sort of magic cure for the potenital problems? What?

An almighty guide to surviving this would be most helpful. If such a thing does not exist and I'll be gambling my life installing it no matter what, I'll just buy the BF2 expansion, and hope that Ubi releases a "No Starfox or whatever the name is" version.

Thanks.

snoopyowns
11-25-2005, 03:41 PM
I thought that exact same thing before I purchased it recently, but I havent had a single problem. The only thing I've run into that I don't like is that it has the "Checking Protected CD" window for like 15 seconds before the game will even start. Pisses me off.

RangerX3X
11-25-2005, 03:47 PM
I'd buy the game and play it if I were you. Regardless of what the flame-tards may want you to believe, the percentage of those having serious issues with Starforce is a minute fraction of the total community who have purchased the game.

I don't discount at all that there are some people who have serious computer problems with Starforce, however they are all but a very small few.

I personally have never had an issue with Starforce and SH3.

Kaleun1961
11-25-2005, 03:53 PM
You could buy the game and use the no-DVD crack to bypass Star Force altogether. I am not advocating piracy here, just the bypassing of Star Force. I run a legitimate copy of the game without requiring the DVD in the drive. I suppose even posting this may get me suspended or banned, but I hope not. Buy the game is what I am saying. Worry about Star Force later, if at all. I personally have never had any side effects from Star Force. My CD burner still works.

WilhelmSchulz
11-26-2005, 07:57 AM
Yea go ahead buy it. Shure a couple of guys had problems but then they wont let that die. The likelh hooh of a P.C nuclaer meltdown is 1000000/1.

macker33
11-26-2005, 11:48 AM
I bought the game in total ignorance(whats new eh?)and havent had any problems,it been stable since day one.

con20or
11-26-2005, 11:51 AM
same here,i havent had any problems with it. Anyway, this game is worth it.

bunkerratt
11-26-2005, 05:37 PM
i have it installed on my system and the oldladys system..they both run fine..no dvdrw or cdrw problems http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif