PDA

View Full Version : Guards in Multiplayer?

AnthonyA85
09-11-2010, 04:09 PM
What do you think the likelyhood is that we'll see Assassin-fodder (City Guards) or Papal Guards in multiplayer?

I thought that maybe they would be there to harrass/distract the online players, so if you killed your target lets say, and a group guards happened to see you, they'd attack, like they do in SP gameplay.

I saw no hint of them in the videos though,

AnthonyA85
09-11-2010, 04:09 PM
What do you think the likelyhood is that we'll see Assassin-fodder (City Guards) or Papal Guards in multiplayer?

I thought that maybe they would be there to harrass/distract the online players, so if you killed your target lets say, and a group guards happened to see you, they'd attack, like they do in SP gameplay.

I saw no hint of them in the videos though,

SBRedFlag
09-11-2010, 04:18 PM
I guess there's some possibility for them in different game modes, but wouldn't work so well in the Wanted game mode. We'll see in November though! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Deathgrim666
09-11-2010, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:

I saw no hint of them in the videos though, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds cool.

NewBlade200
09-11-2010, 04:57 PM
whatever is in it ill use it to my advantage http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

LaCava1
09-12-2010, 06:45 PM
I never would have thought of that... It's genius... Well, for some game modes.

D00CH
09-12-2010, 07:01 PM
I think it would be pretty pointless for Wanted mode... because if you're either 1. Hunting someone or 2. being chased, it would be messed up because guards would be chasing you and give away your position... so if you were being hunted and tried to escape then guards would follow you which means so would your predator.. but also if you after someone and your target sees a hoard of guards running he'll know somethings up.. and will also give away your position.

thekyle0
09-12-2010, 07:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D00CH:
I think it would be pretty pointless for Wanted mode... because if you're either 1. Hunting someone or 2. being chased, it would be messed up because guards would be chasing you and give away your position... so if you were being hunted and tried to escape then guards would follow you which means so would your predator.. but also if you after someone and your target sees a hoard of guards running he'll know somethings up.. and will also give away your position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It could actually work really well in Wanted mode. Based on videos from conventions, I predict that players will learn that the easiest way to score points is to just take to the rooftops and try to find your target from there. This would mean that the majority of games wouldn't see many players trying to use the stealth approach (or at least not many players being rewarded for it) . If there are npc guards on the rooftops and in the streets then that could reduce the player's inclination to use the loud approach knowing that the guards would make them even more noticeable.

D00CH
09-12-2010, 08:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D00CH:
I think it would be pretty pointless for Wanted mode... because if you're either 1. Hunting someone or 2. being chased, it would be messed up because guards would be chasing you and give away your position... so if you were being hunted and tried to escape then guards would follow you which means so would your predator.. but also if you after someone and your target sees a hoard of guards running he'll know somethings up.. and will also give away your position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It could actually work really well in Wanted mode. Based on videos from conventions, I predict that players will learn that the easiest way to score points is to just take to the rooftops and try to find your target from there. This would mean that the majority of games wouldn't see many players trying to use the stealth approach (or at least not many players being rewarded for it) . If there are npc guards on the rooftops and in the streets then that could reduce the player's inclination to use the loud approach knowing that the guards would make them even more noticeable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it kind of weighs itself out doesn't it?..... You get chased by guards = easily spotted = easy death
Your target get chased by guards = easily spotted = easy points

thekyle0
09-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Hhhm, damn it. That's true. I would suggest that the guards are able to easily kill you if you're exposed to them, but that would destroy the option for a high profile approach rather as opposed to making it evening out it's advantage against the stealth approach.

Maybe being made more noticeable will just cause people to die more often and they will try to use the stealth approach to achieve a sense of longevity. Although, the more likely alternative is that people will just get really good at running away.

ZoTTeR-
09-12-2010, 08:16 PM
If there is a free roam open world multiplayer mode, then there would be gaurds, but I ain't heard nothing bout that so.....

D00CH
09-12-2010, 08:31 PM
This ain't GTA

ZoTTeR-
09-12-2010, 08:36 PM
My point exactly.

EzioAssassin51
09-13-2010, 12:42 AM
I think it'd be stupid if the guards killed you... maybe they could only be used to blow your cover, so you have to be more stealthy?