PDA

View Full Version : Deadzone issues with joysticks

Foppemoa
03-19-2009, 12:08 PM
I (and many others) are experiencing problems with our joysticks, and that there is a big deadzone. I can tilt my joysticks (x-52 and cyborg x) around 10 degrees without the airplane responding at all. Which makes it difficult to do precis strafing runs.

Foppemoa
03-19-2009, 12:08 PM
I (and many others) are experiencing problems with our joysticks, and that there is a big deadzone. I can tilt my joysticks (x-52 and cyborg x) around 10 degrees without the airplane responding at all. Which makes it difficult to do precis strafing runs.

entee__
03-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Same problem here, got a logitech 3d

lunaticfringe80
03-19-2009, 07:39 PM
http://www.lookpic.com/files/x52playable.png

I set my X52 as shown in this pic and it seems to make it a bit more playable in HAWX.

<STRIKE>But i noticed something quite interesting after I did this. Pitching the plane down seems to have very little deadzone, but pitching up still requires considerable movement to see a response in the game. Also, rolling the plane left has little deadzone now, but rolling right still requires more movement for effect.

I think that not only do we have a huge deadzone problem, but it appears to not be symmetrical either. It may be less noticeable when the deadzone is so large by default, but limiting my sticks maximum travel in the software seems to have made this more apparent.</STRIKE> This is actually an issue with my x52 apparently, still trying to fix.

edit: btw, this setting doesnt really fix the true problem, once the joystick movement affects the plane's movement it is still far too sensitive to properly control the aircraft. Trying to line up a ground target for a rocket attack is still a serious *****. Forget trying to use cannons on a moving target, with these jumpy controls its practically impossible to line up a steady shot.