PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Fighter Opponents

Superio83
08-01-2006, 06:00 AM
I hope to find a few serious online players who enjoy flying 1v1 or 2v2 dogfights online, preferably using Spits and/or Bf109 / Fw190. We'll do it OVER AT UBISOFT online. Please message me or leave a note so that we may arrange a time to fly online. Thanks.

Note : I'm using FB AEP 2.04.

Superio

Superio83
08-01-2006, 06:00 AM
I hope to find a few serious online players who enjoy flying 1v1 or 2v2 dogfights online, preferably using Spits and/or Bf109 / Fw190. We'll do it OVER AT UBISOFT online. Please message me or leave a note so that we may arrange a time to fly online. Thanks.

Note : I'm using FB AEP 2.04.

Superio

HuninMunin
08-01-2006, 06:17 AM
I think you have difficultys to find someone to fly with you, because most of us are running the game in version 4.04 or 4.05.
What you need to do to get the full online experience is grab a copy of Pacific Fighters, wich should be avaiable for 10 bucks anywhere on the globe.
Than you upgrade (using free patches) to version 4.04.
There are several hundred of us playing this game every day.

Superio83
08-01-2006, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the advice. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to see more players still using FB AEP? I've been wanting to upgrade to PF, but will it be okay if I just install PF over my current 2.04?

Thanks,

Superio

LEBillfish
08-01-2006, 08:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Superio83:
Thanks for the advice. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to see more players still using FB AEP? I've been wanting to upgrade to PF, but will it be okay if I just install PF over my current 2.04?

Thanks,

Superio </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutly, in fact that is what you SHOULD do or you'll end up with two less used older versions of the sim being AEP v.2.04 & PF v.3.0-4.04......

If you merge them then you'll have the more common IL2FB+AEP+PF merged to 4.04m (free patches) and then can progress even further with 4.05 PE2 addon, and those coming.

HuninMunin
08-01-2006, 08:28 AM
To avoid any problems I would recommend a clean install.
Install Forgotten Battles than AEP and put PF over the top.
Than patch to 4.04 (4.05 is a pay- download)
What's also important: google after a tool called "Hyperlobby".
Hence the Ubi-Servers are a little.....you know, almost all of us use this tool to find servers.

As I said, there are 5- 8 hundred people playing this game every day (depending on the time, of course).

Superio83
08-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks folks.

As I very much would like to retain V2.04, can I still access and play in my favourite Spitfire IX, etc. which are available only in V2.04? Will PF makes the sim slower or anything like that? Sorry but I just want to make sure. Thanks.

Superio

Divine-Wind
08-02-2006, 09:05 AM
No, no, merging PF and Forgotten Battles (With AEP, of course) means you get EVERYTHING from FB + AEP 2.04, AND you get all that Pacific-fighters goodness (Including beautiful water, IIRC). So if you merge, you'll still have your Spit.

Beaufort-RAF
08-02-2006, 09:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Superio83:
Thanks folks.

As I very much would like to retain V2.04, can I still access and play in my favourite Spitfire IX, etc. which are available only in V2.04? Will PF makes the sim slower or anything like that? Sorry but I just want to make sure. Thanks.

Superio </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not only will you still have the IX but also and some new Spits, like the 25lb IX, the 4 cannon Vc and the Seafire. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Superio83
08-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Now I'm convinced !!

Can someone please tell me from where may I purchase the 4.05 payware download? What's the difference between 4.04 and 4.05? Is it bug-fix, or extra planes/scenes? Think I may want to get it too after I've installed PF over my current 2.04.

Superio

rnzoli
08-03-2006, 06:27 AM
4.05m:

Description + info: http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_addonpe2.htm

Purchase: http://shop.ubi.com/Prod_ExtDesc.asp?catalogid=386&id=97