PDA

View Full Version : teamspeak confusion

daswift12005
02-03-2007, 04:14 AM
hi all , ive been a bit confused about the teamspeak option .
i was reading a bit about it using the search option and i got into posts goin about teamspeak in a server called war clouds.they where talking bout a software download wich you neede in order to use teamspeak in warclouds . my q is , is that a download for teamspeak in general or just for 1 particilar server ? and do i need a headset or is a build in mic and speakers enough ? and when im in a dogfight server and me mate is as wel , can i just speak and listen to him ? hanks

daswift12005
02-03-2007, 04:14 AM
hi all , ive been a bit confused about the teamspeak option .
i was reading a bit about it using the search option and i got into posts goin about teamspeak in a server called war clouds.they where talking bout a software download wich you neede in order to use teamspeak in warclouds . my q is , is that a download for teamspeak in general or just for 1 particilar server ? and do i need a headset or is a build in mic and speakers enough ? and when im in a dogfight server and me mate is as wel , can i just speak and listen to him ? hanks

DKoor
02-03-2007, 04:18 AM
TS works on all servers that support it.
It is perhaps the most common communication client for this game.
You just need to setup it properly.
It is not hard thing to do.

Besides that, you only need a microphone, you can hear voice just like in game sounds, thru your speaker. You can speak thru mic, and listen to speakers when your friend is talking to you.

x6BL_Brando
02-03-2007, 04:22 AM
Hi

Teamspeak is a third-party software program downloadable here. (http://www.goteamspeak.com/)
You will need the latest available version of the Client software.

You will need a headset of some kind with a mike.

Once you have installed the software you will use the address and password of whichever server you're in to connect. How to do this is included in the Teamspeak Help files.

x6BL_Brando
02-03-2007, 04:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Besides that, you only need a microphone, you can hear voice just like in game sounds, thru your speaker. You can speak thru mic, and listen to speakers when your friend is talking to you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not necessarily true, Koor. Feedback caused by your mike picking up speaker sound can create very strange acoustics for other people on the same channel - echoes and similar stuff. This gets even worse if anyone is using voice-activation instead of push-to-talk.

B.

daswift12005
02-03-2007, 04:35 AM
ok , so download it , install it and then go and connect to server and wilst in the briefing area , then activate it ? or what? and r there channels on this thing for friendly and or enemy or can anybody hear anybody ??

FrenziedAU
02-03-2007, 04:47 AM
A great tool to use with Teamspeak is Teamspeak display. TSDisplay is a separate program that creates a 'stay on top' window which displays the name of whoever is talking.

You can get it here (http://sourceforge.net/projects/tsdisplay/)

With TS, there are separate 'channels', usually called (on IL-2 servers) things like "general Room", "Red Team", "Blue Team", "Blue Team squad 1", etc. etc.
So you run TS, connect to the appropriate server, and then join the correct channel.

Akronnick
02-03-2007, 04:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daswift12005:
ok , so download it , install it and then go and connect to server and wilst in the briefing area , then activate it ? or what? and r there channels on this thing for friendly and or enemy or can anybody hear anybody ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most servers that have a Teamspeak server have seperate channels set up for each team. You mentioned Warclouds specfically, they actually have several channels for each side in case the server is full you can have less chatter. They also have a Pilot's lounge so that you can have conversations not related to the action going on at that moment, and usually an admin is monitoring this channel if you need to get in touch with them.

One word of warning though, don't get caught listening to blue while flying for red, (or vice versa) that's a bannable offense.

daswift12005
02-03-2007, 07:00 AM
ok , thanks for quick replys guys .
just got a headset [creative hs 390] from the shop , got a coffee and ready to go .
so i should download that link from brando for teamspeak AND the link frenzied put up there in order to get a menu on top of screen , yes ? please correct me if im wrong

VW-IceFire
02-03-2007, 07:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daswift12005:
ok , so download it , install it and then go and connect to server and wilst in the briefing area , then activate it ? or what? and r there channels on this thing for friendly and or enemy or can anybody hear anybody ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think you should just download it and get it over with. Its a very small piece of software and its really easy to get rolling.

If you wanted to play on WarClouds for instance, you've got the client software, now you create a profile for WarClouds, enter the login information (which is provided on the WarClouds website or on the mission briefings), login and join a channel.

You don't even need a mic. You can listen in at the very least.

TS is a huge advantage over just text communications because you can express so much more so quickly. A cheap mic will do, just keep it away from your speakers and hope that its a directional mic and not one that takes in sounds from all directions as you can get some feedback. But experiment away!

daswift12005
02-03-2007, 08:01 AM
ok , ive downloaded the teamspeak program now the 2.0.32.60 teamspeak 2 client . is that what i need ? now if i open it , i get a blank screen saying i need to adjust filter first . what do i do to get the hyperlobby servers in there ? do i need to get em in there and then connect to hyper and then to the server for gaming ??? anybody pleazze