PDA

View Full Version : Succesful Patrol?

Buster617
03-22-2007, 04:57 AM
Can someone tell me what constitues a succesful patrol in SH4? In career mode I've ben ordered to patrol off the Solomons and a star with a big pair of binoculars has appeared there. I've stooged around in the required spot, sunk lots of shipping but it still stated that the mission is incomplete. In SH3 I was given a grid square to patrol and spending 24hrs within this square would result in a succesfull mission.

Also I received flash traffic asking me to sink all merchants in a particular convoy I had sent a sighting report about. I duly sany the three ships but am still told this part of the mission is incomplete.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

Buster617
03-22-2007, 04:57 AM
Can someone tell me what constitues a succesful patrol in SH4? In career mode I've ben ordered to patrol off the Solomons and a star with a big pair of binoculars has appeared there. I've stooged around in the required spot, sunk lots of shipping but it still stated that the mission is incomplete. In SH3 I was given a grid square to patrol and spending 24hrs within this square would result in a succesfull mission.

Also I received flash traffic asking me to sink all merchants in a particular convoy I had sent a sighting report about. I duly sany the three ships but am still told this part of the mission is incomplete.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

ickyuk
03-22-2007, 05:12 AM
I too am also confused by this. I'm sat at the binocular icon, I've sunk a lone merchant ship on my way, but not sure what to do now. Do I return to base?

walsh2509
03-22-2007, 05:23 AM
Star with binoculars !

PH to Japan , just off the coast ..got there just after Christmas 1941, 27th Dec to be exact I reach my station. I had patrolled up and down that coast, the star didn't change colour until the 11th of Jan or there about's. 2 weeks you have to patrol for at least 2 weeks.

I don't know if you have to be in the star of a certain amount of that, but I would not think so..

veovis39
03-22-2007, 08:51 AM
I am fairly sure that, like SH3, you only need to patrol for 24 hours. Note that you will not see the mission update while at the navigation screen. So if you think you have patrolled long enough, switch to another station and then go back. The star will be grayed out if you have completed the task. (it will also be checked off in the objectives area) I find that putting a waypoint on the star and then hitting the search pattern button while patrolling at 1/3 speed has been long enough. Sadly, I never see boats on patrol, but I've seen plenty en route and going back.