PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell Conviction freezes in Iraq level!!!

klover_k
08-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Hi guys, here's my situation:
After playing about an hour without any problem on the game, I came to the "Iraq" level, where we play as Vic, Sam's partner, and the game starts to freeze randomly, which I cannot play any further.

I did a fresh uninstallation, reinstall the game, update to the newest patch (1.04) as well as ATI CCC 10.7 hotfix, but the game keeps freezing...

I've tried downgrade the CCC to 10.4a, and yes, no freeze now, but the frame rates make the game unplayable for me now, which vary from 15-20 fps...

So I decided to update the CCC again to 10.7 hotfix (maybe I should call it 10.7, and yes, I've tried 10.5, 10.5a, 10.6), and except 10.4a (but extremely low fps), the other version of CCC made my game freezes...

I've tried the CCC 10.7a for other games like Batman AA, Mass Effect 2, GTA IV, Devil May Cry 4 and Resident Evil 4 etc. the games run perfect.

Any advice woulde be highly appreciated...

My rig:
Intel Core Q6700 @3.6Ghz
RAM 4GB
ATI HD 4870
CCC 10.7a
Patch 1.04

klover_k
08-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Hi guys, here's my situation:
After playing about an hour without any problem on the game, I came to the "Iraq" level, where we play as Vic, Sam's partner, and the game starts to freeze randomly, which I cannot play any further.

I did a fresh uninstallation, reinstall the game, update to the newest patch (1.04) as well as ATI CCC 10.7 hotfix, but the game keeps freezing...

I've tried downgrade the CCC to 10.4a, and yes, no freeze now, but the frame rates make the game unplayable for me now, which vary from 15-20 fps...

So I decided to update the CCC again to 10.7 hotfix (maybe I should call it 10.7, and yes, I've tried 10.5, 10.5a, 10.6), and except 10.4a (but extremely low fps), the other version of CCC made my game freezes...

I've tried the CCC 10.7a for other games like Batman AA, Mass Effect 2, GTA IV, Devil May Cry 4 and Resident Evil 4 etc. the games run perfect.

Any advice woulde be highly appreciated...

My rig:
Intel Core Q6700 @3.6Ghz
RAM 4GB
ATI HD 4870
CCC 10.7a
Patch 1.04

Jacco-NL
08-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Sometimes, I had the same problem in many parts of the game. But when I set the resolution to a lower resolution, it barely happens. I don't think it has to do with what kind of PC you have, it's just the game itself.

klover_k
08-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Thanks for replying me Jacco...
I think I found the solution, just try to run all the way to Sam (in Iraq level), and now I have no problem with the random freezes (so far), but I can't tell later of the game...
Great job Ubisoft, I appreciate it...