PDA

View Full Version : power Supply Problem

IZT
12-06-2004, 04:45 AM
Ok im not sure if its a real problem at all so heres the situation, due to my new graphics card mainly the Geforce 6800GT upgrade, i had to get a new power supply, i got a Verudium 530 Watt. In installed it and everything runs fine. ITs a trust worthy power supply, even has LIFETIME Warranty with 2 years 1 on 1 exchange, no doubt very reliable. But when i on my computer sometimes theres this buzzing sound coming from the PSU? Why is this? even on some occasions, when the computer is not turned on, this buzzing sound exists, everything runs fine but i just want to get rid of this sound, it can be irritating some times.

IZT
12-06-2004, 04:45 AM
Ok im not sure if its a real problem at all so heres the situation, due to my new graphics card mainly the Geforce 6800GT upgrade, i had to get a new power supply, i got a Verudium 530 Watt. In installed it and everything runs fine. ITs a trust worthy power supply, even has LIFETIME Warranty with 2 years 1 on 1 exchange, no doubt very reliable. But when i on my computer sometimes theres this buzzing sound coming from the PSU? Why is this? even on some occasions, when the computer is not turned on, this buzzing sound exists, everything runs fine but i just want to get rid of this sound, it can be irritating some times.

diomedes33
12-06-2004, 06:46 AM
Most power supplies have fans in them, it could be that dust clogged one of them up. Try blowing out the internals with a can of air. You don't need to take the powersupply apart.

Aside from that, if its always made this sound it it may be part of its normal operation or it was a factory defect. Could try calling up tech support or going to their website and seeing if its a known issue.

The190Flyer
12-06-2004, 07:03 AM
diomedes is right, most likely a fan, unless you are absolutely certain you know what you are doing when takin apart a PSU, I would advise against it because if you take one apart after you have ran it, the capacitors can still hold a deadly charge and electrocute ya. But is it a loud buzz, because it could be a bearing that is going out in the fan, I have had that problem before. Most likely normal operation though.

S! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

a.k.a. BIFF P-51 PILOT in ubi.com lobbies