PDA

View Full Version : DamageModel of F2A-2 and F4F-3

JG53Frankyboy
11-13-2004, 05:08 PM
soon the F2A-2 will be flyable. so, pls, check before patch release its DM . it should be close to unprotectet but with Zero/Oscar weopons they are very tough to shoot down.

aslo pls check the protection of the F4F-3 . so far i read it had not the same armour protection as the F4F-4 , so...... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

pls consider an overview of their DM codes before patch release

JG53Frankyboy
11-13-2004, 05:08 PM
soon the F2A-2 will be flyable. so, pls, check before patch release its DM . it should be close to unprotectet but with Zero/Oscar weopons they are very tough to shoot down.

aslo pls check the protection of the F4F-3 . so far i read it had not the same armour protection as the F4F-4 , so...... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

pls consider an overview of their DM codes before patch release

Korolov
11-13-2004, 05:37 PM
?

I have little difficulty taking out either the F2A-2 or the F4F-3 with the A6M2-21's weapons. The F2A's engine died from a few hits and all its tail controls were cut off from a sustained burst. A burst of cannon fire took off the wing.

The F4F-3 was a similar case, with it's engine suffering a oil cooler hit and massive loss of power, as well as aileron cable failures from a few wing hits.

I honestly don't see what you're hinting at.

SkyChimp
11-13-2004, 06:07 PM
The F4F-3 had the same armor as the F4F-4. Early -3s weren't built with the extent of armor as the -4 initially, but it was retrofitted, sometimes aboard the ship. Additionally, self-sealing tanks were retrofitted as well. Later, -3s were delivered from the factory fully armored. Scarcely any -3s served unarmored.

Tater-SW-
11-13-2004, 10:26 PM
And the aileron controls get shot away in every grumman I've flown so far. Most times I am mission killed (or actually killed) it's a loss of aileron control, otherwise undamaged (at least not enough to show a damaged state). Has to be the most common damage for F4F/F6F.

Seems buggy.

tater