PDA

View Full Version : Browser Redirect Issues?.....

wolf-striked
12-11-2006, 09:56 AM
I dont get it.The new stick settings are the best thing in the 46 addition according to Oleg.He stated this many times in interviews.Yet there is no mention at all on these boards.I seen some mention of it on the SimHQ boards and posters stated that you cant really feel any difference.Some said they feeel it and yet they feel it might be a placebo effect of knowing something changed.

I was expecting something groundbreaking here and its nothing at all.So I ask you people this question.Are the wobbles still there?

Capt.LoneRanger
12-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Well, the new input-routines probably don't eliminate the wobble. They were just to prevent rapid stick movement.

So, IMHO we have 2 problems:

1. Most of the people don't know what this change is about at all.
2. Other people don't use all settings to 100% and thereby have a dampened input allready.

No wonder there's so little response on that.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

greets
Capt.LoneRanger

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/Arcadiac/Lone1copy.png

jasonbirder
12-11-2006, 10:24 AM
So if you alreafy have a graduated input curve you'll need to change it back to 100's across the board?
Or is it something more subtle than that...

mrsiCkstar
12-11-2006, 10:35 AM
as faras I know the wobbles should be gone... that is if you mean the US Navy bird wobble.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://home.no.net/jonmarja/images/f4usig.jpg

FatBoyHK
12-11-2006, 11:21 AM
the new control model is definitely better than the original one.

In the v405 days I need to use a dampered profiles, somethings like 35-40-45-50-55-60-65-70-75-80...I need to give up some control authority to gain some accuraccy in return

Now in v407, even with an all-100s input profile, I can control my plane better than before.... and without any loss of control authority.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://www.cs.hku.hk/~ctlee/4.jpg

HuninMunin
12-11-2006, 11:27 AM
I used a really damped curve before 4.07 ( something like 0,3,9,13,19,32) and made a clean install from the DVD, wich put everything back to the 10,20,30...up to 100 standart setup.
And I had no need to switch back to my old settings again.
The new system gives you alot more controll over your plane, it somehow feels like the Brown settings around the deadzone and yet gives you full deflection when you need it.
I think it's perfect and I can see why Oleg conciders it the best change.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

------------------------------------------------------------
....I understand that you understand almost nothing in computer technology(regarding how to get all features working well in one great code and how to get it fully optimized for all aspects of the game and where developers must go for compromisses), because you are speaking bla-bla-bla about things that you don't know. Sorry I don't like to offend you. But it looks like it looks. - Oleg Maddox
------------------------------------------------------------

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/633/sigvp0.jpg

Simon "Hunin" Phoenix
Servant of Wotan and Tyr
True knight of the Endlich-Thread

Haigotron
12-11-2006, 02:28 PM
WOOHOO! that sounds excellent hunin! Ive been looking forward to this aspect alot! and i am happy there are some changes! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e204/haigotron/il2banner.png
The End is Nigh: The World will END in two weeks...be sure!

BaronUnderpants
12-11-2006, 02:47 PM
anyone noticed the "severe" shaking when using 50 cals?

No wobbles but alot of shaking.

wolf-striked
12-11-2006, 09:37 PM
WOW,GREAT stuff thanks guys for the responses.Its kinda weird that there is no mention in the read-me.They should of at least said that with new stick settings that you should play around with your personal settings.Give a little insight as to whats going on like capt.loneranger did.

LEBillfish
12-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Just a heads up for some of you.....For about two months I've been having a terrible time with my browser not pulling up the page I wanted, oten going to some lame links site that led to more. Pages I visit often that had established links i've used in the past would kick me elsewhere.....Naturally along with it I got the slow downs.

Unfortunately, ZoneAlarm, Ewido, AVG, MS Defender, Lavasoft, SpybotS&D, etc. found nothing......So I assumed it was simply the websites getting hit by hackers........Nope....Turns out it's this, and don't assume the DNS they list is the only one as mine was different, yet doing as suggested fixed my issues ASAP...

"Basically it???s a DNS infection, some website changes the DNS servers you use, i.e. they replace your ISP???s DNS servers with theirs, allowing them to redirect any requested domain name (like kinghost.com) they wish to the IP address they want; and I guess they allow other domains to go through to prevent the user from thinking their computer is broken.

If he goes into his TCP/IP settings in the control panel, in properties, I bet he will see the following 2 DNS servers:

69.50.166.94 and 69.31.80.244

The fix is to put back the original ones, or put the option at ???obtain DNS server address automatically???, depending on how his ISP works. It should do the trick.."

What it does is actually alter your DNS configuration routing all your traffic through their server....Very clever in that maybe only 1 out of 20+ sites would redirect for me, some sites more yet in average browsing about that many....Check it out, ask your ISP what DNS should be set to, as ou all may have this minor bug.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

<span class="ev_code_BLACK">"Does this make my Hien look big?"
"I love my Ha-40's"
"She loves teh Swallow"
"Don't call me cho-cho san"
</span>

LEBillfish
12-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Just a heads up for some of you.....For about two months I've been having a terrible time with my browser not pulling up the page I wanted, oten going to some lame links site that led to more. Pages I visit often that had established links i've used in the past would kick me elsewhere.....Naturally along with it I got the slow downs.

Unfortunately, ZoneAlarm, Ewido, AVG, MS Defender, Lavasoft, SpybotS&D, etc. found nothing......So I assumed it was simply the websites getting hit by hackers........Nope....Turns out it's this, and don't assume the DNS they list is the only one as mine was different, yet doing as suggested fixed my issues ASAP...

"Basically it???s a DNS infection, some website changes the DNS servers you use, i.e. they replace your ISP???s DNS servers with theirs, allowing them to redirect any requested domain name (like kinghost.com) they wish to the IP address they want; and I guess they allow other domains to go through to prevent the user from thinking their computer is broken.

If he goes into his TCP/IP settings in the control panel, in properties, I bet he will see the following 2 DNS servers:

69.50.166.94 and 69.31.80.244

The fix is to put back the original ones, or put the option at ???obtain DNS server address automatically???, depending on how his ISP works. It should do the trick.."

What it does is actually alter your DNS configuration routing all your traffic through their server....Very clever in that maybe only 1 out of 20+ sites would redirect for me, some sites more yet in average browsing about that many....Check it out, ask your ISP what DNS should be set to, as ou all may have this minor bug.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

<span class="ev_code_BLACK">"Does this make my Hien look big?"
"I love my Ha-40's"
"She loves teh Swallow"
"Don't call me cho-cho san"
</span>

Klemm.co
12-12-2006, 03:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BaronUnderpants:

No wobbles but alot of shaking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I noticed the shakes and find them great.
i guess its the same shakes as before but more of them. Just think of all those Brownings firing at a different time and every shot producing a shake. When they were synchronized you had effectively only one sixth of the shaking we have now.
I really appreciated the effect cause i now not only KNOW that i am shooting but i can see it too.

BaronUnderpants
12-12-2006, 10:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klemm.co:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BaronUnderpants:

No wobbles but alot of shaking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I noticed the shakes and find them great.
i guess its the same shakes as before but more of them. Just think of all those Brownings firing at a different time and every shot producing a shake. When they were synchronized you had effectively only one sixth of the shaking we have now.
I really appreciated the effect cause i now not only KNOW that i am shooting but i can see it too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rgr. Used my old stick settings from 4.05 and was just checking so it wasnt all me.

Used "severe" in lack of a better word..isnt to bad if u use normal wiew....if u zoom in its a bit more noticeble. However, anything is better than the wobbles.

Yskonyn23
12-12-2006, 12:40 PM
At 100 settings I wasn't able to control many of the aircraft with my X52 before.

With the new version the stick setting can be left at 100 just fine. Control has improved drastically.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Yskonyn -
"Pilots don't die, they just fly away."

wolf-striked
12-12-2006, 03:02 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I was put off by the wobbles and removed Sturmovik from HD.Now reading this stuff here and I cant wait to get the 46-DVD.

Flying fully linear is the best bet yet it makes for a crazy ride as its so sensitive.I wonder what they did to change it.Anyone can guess?