PDA

View Full Version : CAN'T YOU MAKE AI's IN MULTIPLAYER

TurboT123
09-21-2007, 07:11 AM
would be nice if u could make ai's/bot's in multiplayer / lan games can you do that if yes how???

TurboT123
09-21-2007, 07:11 AM
would be nice if u could make ai's/bot's in multiplayer / lan games can you do that if yes how???

Jozor23
09-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Yes you can, but not a proper "ai team" just ai units.. under LOADS of waypoints(well if u want them to move better), you cant have a proper "ai team" and the require of 1 other play on the other side if there is 2 players ingame limits playing a normal mp with ai enemy units..

So basicly you set the units up like a normal SP but loads more and doing alot of attacking or defending and lots of special code about whats were etc and repositioning anti tank cannons and oh the list just goes on.. lol

TurboT123
09-21-2007, 09:31 AM
i think that if me and my friend is playing lan together we should be able to be on the same team against some bots/ais i don't no if that's just my appenion (crappy english) lol

Jozor23
09-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Well multiplayer wasent made for playing against ai, even ai enemy units, so it probaly seem'd pointless allowing 2 people to be on the same side, you could do it in co-op but then you'd have to put out ur own predone stuff or make triggers for reinforcements or w/e..

There is no global bot/ai, as in a bot/ai player.. so you'd have to get some one to make it for u or do it urself, I've made one that is half done, but stop'd to play some other game lol..

Edit: Also BestWay/DMS are not planning on making a global ai..