PDA

View Full Version : x52 Profiles

prettyhatem
03-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Hey guys I just upgraded to vista and installed some new drivers for my x52 and it looks like the IL2 profile doesnt work anymore... Does anyone have a profile that I can get from them? I need a pr0 file type. I tried making my own profile but I couldnt figure it out.

prettyhatem
03-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Hey guys I just upgraded to vista and installed some new drivers for my x52 and it looks like the IL2 profile doesnt work anymore... Does anyone have a profile that I can get from them? I need a pr0 file type. I tried making my own profile but I couldnt figure it out.

il2battle
03-02-2008, 07:43 AM
You didn't get to x52 understand the profile or il2 doesn't understand it ? I have samekind problem with my new pc (winxp). I though I have lost orginal x52 cd and download new program from saitek website for it (sst).
It's little different then old one, but options are the same after you have select the program to use x52 joystick.

Problem was that il2 didn't seem to understand that .pr0 profile. Everything else, but buttons work, even I copy all commands as they was in old pc and in il2.
Then I found that orginal cd and run it over the new program. New problem was that now old program looks .pr0 file too, but it save profile as .dat file, what it use.
So I have to delete all sst program files from pc and from register too (old one wasn't work, if you don't delete saitek from register).
After that just run and setup old sst program from cd, make a profile as it was and all works like before.

Samewhere in this forum was that new program work as well, but I couldn't get it to work.

(sorry for bad english, hope you understand)

DmdSeeker
03-02-2008, 08:40 AM
The newest version of Saitek's software doesn't support profiles made in earlier versions, so you will have to make a new one (although there's rumours they're working on a conversion program).

Trying to install multiple versions can be very problematic, as they use different registry keys and can over write each other.

Saitek has a registry cleaning program available which will "nuke" all traces of thier software (something that a mere uninstall doesn't do) allowing a clean install.

The Saitek forum is a good place for profiles, and the software is not too hard to learn. Here's some tuition videos for it:

http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=12116

jason_345
03-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Hello,

When I attempt to look at the tuition videos all I get is 'Alert 421' and have to close the site.

Any idea why please?

regards

jason

DmdSeeker
03-02-2008, 04:41 PM
For me, the links are download links for zipped up movie files. Try right clicking them and saying "save as".

Chisanga
05-25-2008, 07:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DmdSeeker:
For me, the links are download links for zipped up movie files. Try right clicking them and saying "save as". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm having the same issue... with Vista 64 bit... even when I right click they come thru as Video files that I can't access.

Haven't huge issues trying to get an X-52 profile...can anyone help me or send me a link for a good Vista Il-2 1946 profile.

Thanks