PDA

View Full Version : Why Assassin's Creed should be a movie trilogy

TK Amaterasu
01-19-2010, 07:40 AM
I always thought that the Templars were good guys when i saw Indiana Jones 3 but then i started playing AC...But i thought the games were that in depth with evil plots etc, i wondered if they would ever turn them into a movie cos hell Prince of Persia is a film! Why not the AC games!?

Discuss
Your opinion on AC being a movie Trilogy...

TK Amaterasu
01-19-2010, 07:40 AM
I always thought that the Templars were good guys when i saw Indiana Jones 3 but then i started playing AC...But i thought the games were that in depth with evil plots etc, i wondered if they would ever turn them into a movie cos hell Prince of Persia is a film! Why not the AC games!?

Discuss
Your opinion on AC being a movie Trilogy...

TK Amaterasu
01-19-2010, 02:49 PM
bump

Silhouelle
01-19-2010, 02:51 PM
I'll wait to see how Prince of Persia turns out. Trailer looks good, yes, but the film itself might be horrid. Not holding my breath for a good game-to-movie.

nitres15
01-19-2010, 02:58 PM
movie+game=gr8
game+movie=fail

Abeonis
01-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Whilst I do believe they could make a good couple of films from the two games, if they stay true to the script, I have the feeling that the whole Animus idea might be a bit too much for most viewers.

That'd probably hurt the movies reviews and takings as a result.

TK Amaterasu
01-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah but even so, the Animus would be nothing compared to the graphics of Gamer and thats wacky, controlling a subject or whatever...Only its different with the Animus because its a machine allowing a person reliving past lives...I'm just wondering what churches would say about the Templars and when they are seen as evil people.....lol

DLTyrus
01-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Well, I -have- been wondering why they seem to be modelling the characters by the voice actor who plays them.

But yeah, it would make a cool movie, dunno if it'll happen though.

TK Amaterasu
01-19-2010, 05:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DLTyrus:
Well, I -have- been wondering why they seem to be modelling the characters by the voice actor who plays them.

But yeah, it would make a cool movie, dunno if it'll happen though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who knows, after all, they made prince of Persia a film but would Jake Gyllenhaal be the perfect role....for a persian prince?

sgt_brent
01-19-2010, 05:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TKanaAmaterasu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DLTyrus:

But yeah, it would make a cool movie, dunno if it'll happen though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who knows, after all, they made prince of Persia a film but would Jake Gyllenhaal be the perfect role....for a persian prince? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They made HITMAN into a movie - Which is one of my favourites.. Timothy Olymphant is nothing like Agent47 in the game, both in voice, and looks - But he did an insane job - Totally pulled it off..

PlagueDoctor357
01-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Or personality, which basically kills Agent 47.

At least make him a different agent, sheesh.

TK Amaterasu
01-24-2010, 12:19 PM
bump

MrNussbaum
01-24-2010, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nitres155:
movie+game=gr8
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously? I can't even remember the last movie licensed game that was even remotely good, let alone great.

Rompipalle1488
01-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Spiderman 2?
I have that and it got a 9/10 from Official Playstation Magazine Australia.
It's the best Movie game tie-in I've ever played.

zgubilici
01-24-2010, 10:10 PM
TKanaAmaterasu, please stop bumping threads. Bumping threads is not allowed in these forums and such threads will be closed on sight.

DeafAtheist
09-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Movies would be good but what I'd REALLY love to see is an Assassin's Creed TV series. The movies should be centered around Desmond and the ancestors whose memories he accesses in the Animus, but the TV series could cover so much more... earlier subjects prior to Desmond including Subject 16...different subjects accessing different memories from different assassins. This works because Desmond isn't a blood relative of every assassin... there have been others. It would work a lot like Highlander: The Series. instead of flashbacks we'd have the Animus separating present day from medieval times.

The amount of story possibilities are practically limitless, and getting the general public interested in films either on the big or small screen could garner a larger fan base and more profits for Ubisoft.

Would be cool if FOX Network picked it up and bought the film rights. The could do both film and TV. Personally I'd like to see it done on cable... like the FX channel, but even the regular FOX network could handle it. With FX there would be more freedom with mature themes but there would also be fewer episodes in a season... 13 instead of 22 or whatever.

marcusmo
09-15-2010, 08:30 AM
eh i'm always skeptical of games that they adapt to film, because the movie almost ALWAYS ends up being god awful. it seems that while in the game they put so much effort and thought into the dialogue, but in the movie it's just one-liners and catch phrases. and films that they adapt to games are almost always terrible as well. normally it's a rushed game with bad control, worse graphics, and no dialogue/story to speak of.

DeafAtheist
09-15-2010, 12:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marcusmo:
eh i'm always skeptical of games that they adapt to film, because the movie almost ALWAYS ends up being god awful. it seems that while in the game they put so much effort and thought into the dialogue, but in the movie it's just one-liners and catch phrases. and films that they adapt to games are almost always terrible as well. normally it's a rushed game with bad control, worse graphics, and no dialogue/story to speak of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's true they usually are but I don't think that's any reason to avoid them. Practice makes perfect. The Resident Evil films are good adaptions.

FrankieSatt
09-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Max Payne? That did pretty well. Transformers was based off a cartoon. Just as hard to do.

I love the idea of an Assassin's Creed movie. If they stuck to the story line of Ezio going from a young teen to the assassin he ended up being in ACII I think they could pull if off and make it great.

The only problem is movie makers like making massive changes because of something they don't like and then it ends up being terrible because they didn't understand the game they were making the movie from.

The problem is

MjrLeegKafir
09-15-2010, 04:01 PM
I say it has to be a movie but they better go all out...David Belle wold play the role very well...i mean for goodness sakes hes a freakin parkour creator...and he looks the part easy enough...i think a trilogy is a definite maybe more....helll what about peter jackson to direct...thats a maybe...we are waiting for freaking splinter cell movies...and halo movies etc etc...but heres another.

P.S. Princ of Persia wasnt that bad as a movie....wasnt great as far as the game fans are concerned but wasnt bad...

JohnConnor2012
09-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Games don't transfer well to movies because plotting is different: much more emphasis on simplification of plot and elaboration of dialogue in movies.

And how much would you be prepared to lose in, say, AC2? The game's maybe 20-30 hours long and a movie over 2-3 hours is going to be too much of an endurance test to be commercial. What 10% of the plot stays?

DeafAtheist
09-15-2010, 06:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnConnor2012:
Games don't transfer well to movies because plotting is different: much more emphasis on simplification of plot and elaboration of dialogue in movies.

And how much would you be prepared to lose in, say, AC2? The game's maybe 20-30 hours long and a movie over 2-3 hours is going to be too much of an endurance test to be commercial. What 10% of the plot stays? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno about that. Most of a game is about killing random bots which isn't necessary to put into a film. Only the important characters to the story need to be put into the film adaption. So for example to adapt AC2 into a film. You'd just adapt mainly the cutscenes from the game and the main story missions that go with the cutscenes to tie it together and maybe throw in a few side quests for filler like a couple of assassination contract missions and a beat up event or something.

Putting every 5 minute battle with random guards in the cities in the game would be unnecessary and boring. Hell it gets boring getting into battles with guards all the time when you're trying to do other things like hunt flags or feathers so it would be even more boring to put all that into a film. Ezio's travels from one place to another can be handled with time cuts so we wouldn't have to watch him travel all the way from one side of Venice to the other. Also we wouldn't need to see Ezio find all the Codex pages. It could be changed for the film so that only a few pages were missing which Ezio finds when eliminating some of his targets. As for the Glyphs that are left by Subject 16 that Desmond finds thru Ezio, well instead of 20 of them maybe change it for the film so that the film is only split into maybe 2 pieces instead of 20.

If done the way I described above it could easily be adapted to a 2 hour to 2 and a half hour film.

dchil279
11-05-2010, 10:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TKanaAmaterasu:
Yeah but even so, the Animus would be nothing compared to the graphics of Gamer and thats wacky, controlling a subject or whatever...Only its different with the Animus because its a machine allowing a person reliving past lives...I'm just wondering what churches would say about the Templars and when they are seen as evil people.....lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Da Vinci Code.............?

dchil279
11-05-2010, 10:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
Whilst I do believe they could make a good couple of films from the two games, if they stay true to the script, I have the feeling that the whole Animus idea might be a bit too much for most viewers.

That'd probably hurt the movies reviews and takings as a result. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My uncle is in the movie-making business. He told me that the basic rule for a Sci-Fi film is that you can have 2 concepts/technologies that you do not have to justify. For example in "James Cameron's 'Avatar'" the 2 things were the concept of avatars and the way the navii (or whatever the hell they're called) can bond to any creature on their planet. In an AC movie, the concept of genetic memories and the Animus could be one of those things.

As for my general opinion on this subject, this game has the potential GREAT movie trilogy. the only thing is the repetitive nature of the series. people wouldn't want to watch how Ezio killed All of his victims, and especially not how Altair did (AC1 was extremely repetitive). for this to work they would have to cut out a lot of the assassinations AND basically fast forward (not really but you know how most movies have that part in the middle where a huge portion of time passes in the movie but it only takes up a few minutes of screentime? think about it.....) through a lot of the story. Even with doing this you are looking at probably a 3 hour movie for the events of AC2 and at least a 2 our movie for AC1. Not to mention brotherhood, bloodlines (if they were to use brotherhood they would have to use bloodlines as well) and whatever other games come out, like AC3.

Bottom line is that there would be so much editing and re-scripting that would have to happen. Whatever studio that were to work on this would lose money developing and filming it, and it would be a longshot to come away with an overall good product.

(and DeafAtheist has some pretty good ideas also how to shorten the story)

extrememuffin
11-05-2010, 10:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnConnor2012:

And how much would you be prepared to lose in, say, AC2? The game's maybe 20-30 hours long and a movie over 2-3 hours is going to be too much of an endurance test to be commercial. What 10% of the plot stays? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it would deffinatly have to be made into more then 1 movie. maybe 2

@deafathiest i personally think the idea of a TV series is a bad idea. Assassins Creed is about Desmonds story in saving the world from some crazy thing that will happen soon (with some fun assassinations on the side of course http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif). if they made it into a TV series i can easily see it moving to far away from that and becoming more of a who do we get to kill today type thing

dchil279
11-05-2010, 11:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by extrememuffin:

it would deffinatly have to be made into more then 1 movie. maybe 2

@deafathiest i personally think the idea of a TV series is a bad idea. Assassins Creed is about Desmonds story in saving the world from some crazy thing that will happen soon (with some fun assassinations on the side of course http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif). if they made it into a TV series i can easily see it moving to far away from that and becoming more of a who do we get to kill today type thing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Agreed but i think a TV series could go into more depth about Desmond's ancestors, not the other subjects, but perhaps Desmond's entire Asassin Lineage, and their historically important allies (i.e. Dante Aligheri, Marco Polo, etc.)

breakdown89
11-05-2010, 01:56 PM
well i say that a movie series based on assassin's creed would be absolutely FANTASTIC.....not to mention the profits Ubisoft would get from it lol. the only problem i see here, is that most movie studios typically don't have a good relationship with that of the game studio that made that particular game being made into a movie. So somehow the collaborative process is either mild or non-existent between them, which is bad, to say the least.....however, if Ubisoft Montreal WERE to collaborate pretty well with said movie studio and have not only a hand, but a SAY in what stays or goes in an assassin's creed movie, then i think this is one potential movie series that could be great.

MT4K
11-05-2010, 02:00 PM
if it was anything like lineage, it would be pretty cool and i would definitely see it

Serenity9066
11-05-2010, 02:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
I dunno about that. Most of a game is about killing random bots which isn't necessary to put into a film. Only the important characters to the story need to be put into the film adaption. So for example to adapt AC2 into a film. You'd just adapt mainly the cutscenes from the game and the main story missions that go with the cutscenes to tie it together and maybe throw in a few side quests for filler like a couple of assassination contract missions and a beat up event or something.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the game movies that have come out in the past have yet to do that, so I don't think it's ever going to happen. The process would be too much for movie makers, and in the end be too unrealistic of a goal for them.

Movie producers only care about money, and their status. They will change everything except maybe the idea of the assassin order, then find ridiculous repetitive, and boring actors to prettify the picture. Because a movie is all about the actors in the end.

The Resident Evil movies might have been okay, but as far as having much of anything to do with the in game characters, the actors have nothing on their personality.

I think the games are enough of a movie for me.

Justin125
11-05-2010, 03:47 PM
I have always been talking about a movie for this game...it has so much potential...but Hollywood would find a way to f*** it up...and make me sad. Now if they did something along the lines of what they did for Assassins Creed lineage on t.v that would be my new favorite show.

Stix453
11-05-2010, 10:11 PM
AC should definitely be a movie, although I'm not sure how good of a movie it would be, as the games would be quite hard to translate to the big screen. But eh, I'm all in with the idea, except casting some famous celebrity to play as Altair/Ezio/Desmond would suck in my point of view.

sm312
11-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Why doesn't Ubisoft wait, and see how Sony does with the Uncharted movie. So that if it's a success maybe they could partner up? They are already pretty much buddies.

Starsfan1009
11-05-2010, 10:42 PM
^This guy has the right idea...and who knows...maybe that's what they're waiting for.