PDA

View Full Version : modeling!

srv1739
03-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Im in a 38 doing 530km pass a 190 and a 109 head on, they loop and catch me in 10 to 15 seconds. Someone tell me that this is not possible in real life! This IS a modeling problem right! Cause if it aint the old Germans new something that should have one the war. Is this possible in Allied aircraft?

What gives!

Makes a guy want to go play nhl 2005 or something!

srv1739
03-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Im in a 38 doing 530km pass a 190 and a 109 head on, they loop and catch me in 10 to 15 seconds. Someone tell me that this is not possible in real life! This IS a modeling problem right! Cause if it aint the old Germans new something that should have one the war. Is this possible in Allied aircraft?

What gives!

Makes a guy want to go play nhl 2005 or something!

Taylortony
03-19-2005, 06:23 AM
i think the new patch will be tweaking some flight models, but you would get bored if it took 2 miles and 4 mins to turn back in a game......... real life you would pray it did

Blackdog5555
03-19-2005, 08:56 AM
"Energy bleed" is not modeled well in this game or other sims. Its a huge handicap for energy planes like the P38. Same with accelleration in dive. Plus the P38 is about 10mph slower than Olegs numbers. not a big deal but, then in your situation maybe it is. or was. LOL Now, Unless the 109 was traveling at 700+kph from a dive and turned on you. But generally I watch my speed in turns in a lot of planes and dont see huge drops in energy as you would expect, as reported.

willyvic
03-19-2005, 09:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Taylortony:
i think the new patch will be tweaking some flight models, but you would get bored if it took 2 miles and 4 mins to turn back in a game......... real life you would pray it did <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But TT, if that was the case out of the virtual world then it should be the case in the game. I enjoy this game but do suffer some frustration when an enemy I just boomed in a dive can turn and catch at will. We will have to see what the "tweaked" FM looks like when the (insert P word here) is released.

WV

Stiglr
03-19-2005, 02:04 PM
I see this problem all the time. Provided you weren't doing anything to bleed your own energy (like turning yourself, or climbing steeply), they should not be able to catch you if they perform a hard looping climb; not in 10 seconds anyway. What were YOU doing after the merge?

Was the HO pass nose to nose, or did one of you enjoy an alt advantage at the merge?