PDA

View Full Version : All button tips are left stick

markuskoo
03-08-2019, 12:27 PM
All of my menu button tips are shown as left stick. Its anoying as hell and makes browsing the game menus a chore. See screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/a60fb6e

https://imgur.com/a/a60fb6e

Ubi-Raziel
03-08-2019, 01:24 PM
Hello markuskoo,

I am familiar with this issue as it occurred in the Closed Beta, however we have not been able to reproduce it in the live build.

Please answer the following questions to help me understand the cause -

- Platform?
- If PC, Steam or Uplay?

- What kind of controller are you using? Do you use a wireless adapter?

I will notify the developers that this issue is still apparent, in the meantime I'd like to do what I can to get this resolved for you.

markuskoo
03-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Hi

I am using xbox one controller with bluetooth. Bought the game from steam

Ubi-Raziel
03-08-2019, 06:42 PM
Thank you for getting back to me.

This issue is occurring specifically for PC players using a wireless Xbox controller, we are working on a fix.

I have one workaround for you which I hope helps. A player stated disabling Xbox Controller Support in Steam Big Picture Mode resolved the issue.

Let me know how you get on!

GameScrub
03-11-2019, 03:49 PM
This happens to me a lot, I noticed that when it happens I'll tab out to desktop then click on the game with the mouse and the game changes to keyboard controls. Move the analog joystick after that and it goes back to normal. Same trick for when game starts and it pauses or when you restart track and it pauses

UbiMatcha
03-11-2019, 08:14 PM
Thanks for sharing your workaround GameScrub!

HolyDuckingShip
03-12-2019, 07:07 AM
Hey there, just wanted to confirm that I have this same exact issue using a PS4 controller. PC/Steam version. Alt tabbing doesn't seem to fix mine. I'll try the controller compatibility fix, though that's kind of rough as it means my controller won't work with other games so I'll have to switch back and forth as you cannot specify controller compatibility per game in steam :(

*EDIT*

Ok, can confirm that disabling the PS4 controller compatibility in Steam does indeed solve the issue for the PS4 controller too. Odd thing to note: if you enable the PS4 controller compatibility, not only does it mess with the prompts in game, but it also makes it so that the touch pad is no longer used for restarting track, etc. It's instead placed on the Share (Select) button. I guess that could be caused by the default steam layout emulating an xbox controller or something like that. Anyway, additional info if it's helpful.

Ubi-Raziel
03-20-2019, 09:39 AM
Thanks for this extra information Holy! We've passed this onto the devs as well, to make sure this issue is resolved from every angle.

Dariusaurius
03-22-2019, 01:17 PM
Hi,

same here but with a different configuration:

- Steam Big Picture
- Sony DualShock 4
- Bluetooth/Wired Connection

Regards

PhutureProof
03-29-2019, 10:56 AM
This also happens with a wired afterglow 360 controller when using steam controller xbox pad emulation (which I use for far cry 5)

It's not biggie I can turn it off, hope this helps someone

Rai.Josephr
04-03-2019, 07:46 AM
Hi, I bought the game last week and I have the same problem. It only occurs when you play with the Xbox One gamepad in wireless mode, if you play with cable, the symbols of the buttons appear. The most curious thing is that if you start playing in wireless mode and then plug the cable, the game slows down and becomes unplayable (you have to close it), has it happened to someone else?

My computer:
Windows 10 x64 1803
Xbox One Wireless gamepad

For the other hand, congratulations for the game, I have all the Trials and Rising are great! :D

By the way, I'm Spanish and the track "El Tomate" is the worst of all. Nobody of the team has visited Spain?, there are many better and fun places ;)