PDA

View Full Version : Dominion zonal campers ruining game

stevegambit
03-07-2019, 09:04 PM
Hi all getting extremely annoyed at the number of people who get a zone and then stay there for the whole match. I think that the opinion stating that this is the point of the game are wrong, to the point that they should also push the central battle too as thi is also a zone. Ubisoft should tackle this by maybe including scoring for the swarm battle zone. This could encourage more involvement. This should be a team game not all for yourself. Especially when battling AI and not even PvP. My opinion.
Please don't ruin this game

MrBeave
03-07-2019, 09:08 PM
I agree. It's annoying to get 10 kills and 2 zone captures while trying to keep the middle zone or help teammates that have pinged for it and still be ranked lower than some one who camps on a zone and gets maybe 2-4 kills.

stevegambit
03-07-2019, 09:22 PM
Thank you MrBeave

The problem is that it appears to be on the increase. I first noticed this being done by high-level gamers. but it seems to be anyone. I love this game but don't want it to fall foul of previous map games where only the campers win.

Iscarikret
03-07-2019, 09:36 PM
On some maps such tactic is viable. For example Warlord, JJ, Shugoki or Lawbringer just stay and boosting the point, other 3 teammates are helping him and push middle line. I think it isn't bad when one player boost point and provides points like two points, it is bad when he can't defend properly, if he can stand long time or just guaranteely kill 2 opponent's then why not?

Bloodwake1980
03-07-2019, 09:40 PM
Wow I guess I just never pay attention to who's sitting where while doing domination matches.

And I hate to say this but you guys are so wrong about zone B. It isn't a point lacking position honestly it's my bread and butter. I have on to many to count occasions had just a single point in zone captor but ended up with a total score of over 600.

Kadete93
03-07-2019, 09:41 PM
let the gamers play like they want... acctually, defend a zone is more usefull than running around the map looking for kills (you have other game modes to do that)

anyway I agree that take the middle zone should give some points but you get some from the minions so.. there is something

Vendelkin
03-07-2019, 10:14 PM
let the gamers play like they want... acctually, defend a zone is more usefull than running around the map looking for kills (you have other game modes to do that)

anyway I agree that take the middle zone should give some points but you get some from the minions so.. there is something

This is true.

Also dominion is a zone control mode....
Its kinda the point. Im actually javing a hard time withholding insults. Playing on objective is how you play the mode. Lets just leave it at that.

If you want to kill hunt play skirmish/elim. If you want to minion hunt play breach. Control of the middle helps, but it is the whole point of dominion to control and boost zones.

rottmeister
03-08-2019, 12:29 AM
Isn't that the objective? lol

You're supposed to capture and keep the zones as long as possible. Most of the time the tanky characters do this because it's kind of their job. They're not fast or mobile so it might be better to guard one zone and farm revenge while the other teammates capture everything else. I mostly only look at the kills too, but that is because I play agile characters like Shaman, we're supposed to run around the map, capture zones and bite people's necks :p
It would take Shugoki 3 years to run from 1 end of the map to the other

Besides if your teammate is that good to keep the zone for the entire game, all you need to do is capture the minions area or the other zone.

Ubiflowessence
03-08-2019, 01:56 AM
Thank you all for sharing your feedback and thanks stevegambit for the suggestion! Does everyone else agree that including scoring for the swarm battle zone or have other ways you think would encourage more involvement?

mann61299
03-08-2019, 01:57 AM
"especially when battling AI?". I disagree. If a teammate wants to sit on a point while watching Netflix when we are vs AI, go for it. Sit there the whole match...but not in pvp.

Sweaty_Sock
03-08-2019, 02:21 AM
This post makes about as much sense as calling the goal keeper in soccer a 'camper'. Defending an objective in a game about taking AND holding objectives is playing the game...

Pushing minions will get you more points than boosting a point - boosting = 2 points a second. You can kill more than 2 minions a second (killing a minion = 1 point).

SO, either kill minions at B, or if you'd prefer go contest a point the enemy is holding.... OR play one of the kill based game modes

ArchDukeInstinct
03-08-2019, 03:52 AM
Hi all getting extremely annoyed at the number of people who get a zone and then stay there for the whole match.

But dude that's exactly what you're supposed to do as a heavy character.

LEGENDz_31
03-08-2019, 04:58 AM
This thread hurts to read. Why would you win a battle for a zone just to leave the zone unprotected??? It’s like when I watch a enemy team run around in a pack of 4. They take a zone and work the triangle in a group, killing everything they see. Yeah they are helping their KD but I just take the two zones that they left unattended with out a fight. They feel like they are winning but they are actually losing. We really do have a lot of silly people in this game.

David_gorda
03-08-2019, 04:59 AM
Thats what you are supposed to do in dominion and not run around in a group like 4 headless chickens. Its great to have a heavy guarding a zone with feats and gear that improves his defending and fighting in the zone.

pimmas01
03-08-2019, 11:37 AM
just like you get annoyed at people "camping" bases, i get annoyed when people leave bases empty.
my go-to tactic when playing dominion is to immediately run to the far back and grab the third base (bridge map) and either get it for free, fight a 1on1 or run - depending on how many people i aggro.

once i got the base i try to see where all the enemies are, if the coast is clear i might even be able to go kill some minions on B to change the tide and then run back to the empty base before B flips color - often creating a situation where the whole enemy team is wasting time on 1 base while the other 2 are ticking in our favor.

you want to fight? if everybody plays the damn objective then you WILL get fights. you'll get plenty of duels and 2v2, 1v2 and 2v1 with people coming to back you up rather than seeing a deathsquad killing everything in one large wave but still lose because they can't cover all 3 bases. it is only ever viable on extremely small maps like the viking one, and even then it can be prevented if everybody try to stall their deaths to slow down the 4man squad as much as possible.

Monsieur Samson
03-08-2019, 11:38 AM
That's exactly what I do when I play Shugoki (with the Bastion perk). If it seems like no enemy is interested in this zone, then I move to another.

When I'm playing Glad or Valk, I'm more mobile.

New to the game, I only play vs bots.

stevegambit
03-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Surely, the idea of dominion is to control the whole battlefield? Just been on now 2 camped in zones leaving the swarm zone to 2. What would happen if all the players stayed in the zones? Maybe offer more points for taking and holding the battle ground and lower for the other zones? In the event battles you are instructed to push the line because there are no zones. Perhaps something like that.

stevegambit
03-08-2019, 01:42 PM
If you have 2 players defending zones all through the match, what is the point of the order capture 20 zones? it is fine for the 2 who can capture move out of zone then retake it but what about other players. Players do not game at the same time. So may be following orders when others have completed them. Its a world wide game

Kadete93
03-08-2019, 02:18 PM
If you have 2 players defending zones all through the match, what is the point of the order capture 20 zones? it is fine for the 2 who can capture move out of zone then retake it but what about other players. Players do not game at the same time. So may be following orders when others have completed them. Its a world wide game

That order is not good for the game mode cause you need to take and lose zones many times. I do it against bots when i can do what ever i want but on pvp its better to hold those zones.

Anyway.. i guess many people doesn't understand how to play for the objectives.. like those guys who shoot to the ram with the ballista in breach

pimmas01
03-08-2019, 03:32 PM
the point is that the enemy most likely also have that quest, and now you will both fight over the objective which is the point of dominion. it's a good quest to make people realize what they need to do.
skirmish(?) and tribute are the zerg modes

Sweaty_Sock
03-08-2019, 03:53 PM
boosting with 1 player = the same as 4. If 4 are camping objectives then take the other two. Sorry but you need to learn how it all works

LEGENDz_31
03-08-2019, 06:57 PM
boosting with 1 player = the same as 4. If 4 are camping objectives then take the other two. Sorry but you need to learn how it all works

I am not sure what you mean by this statement. I hold the zone by the enemy’s base because it simply dumb to leave it. The first person that spawns will take it back. If I can hold off two or 3 enemies we def will take the other two. That’s how you win.

Openly, I could of read your statement wrong.

Kadete93
03-08-2019, 08:20 PM

So you can't split up? 2 players camping each of the two bases is not allowed? You know that is the faster way to get points ¿right?

I am not sure what you mean by this statement. I hold the zone by the enemy’s base because it simply dumb to leave it. The first person that spawns will take it back. If I can hold off two or 3 enemies we def will take the other two. That’s how you win.

easily the most used tactic (depend on the map). I hate when my teammates run to our base just to get ganked over and over.

Kryltic
03-08-2019, 10:31 PM
Reading this post was so painful.

Dominion is supposed to be about capturing and controlling objectives. Some characters are better suited to holding objectives. So of course these characters are going to aim for capturing and holding said objectives for as long as they can.

I'm sure it wasn't that long ago that we had a topic on whether you should only be allowed to earn points by holding an objective... Most people seemed in favour of it as well.

Melikethegames
03-09-2019, 05:10 AM
Hi all getting extremely annoyed at the number of people who get a zone and then stay there for the whole match. I think that the opinion stating that this is the point of the game are wrong, to the point that they should also push the central battle too as thi is also a zone. Ubisoft should tackle this by maybe including scoring for the swarm battle zone. This could encourage more involvement. This should be a team game not all for yourself. Especially when battling AI and not even PvP. My opinion.

couse you fu## play asssain it why you think enamy defense zone its annyoing couse you play asssain heroes

even it can camp and defense how much it want couse it are heavy heroes who want to defense zone

stevegambit
03-23-2019, 01:12 AM
Since when do I play assassin? I have 1 assassin, the gladiator at reputation 4 at the time of wrighting. My mains are Valk rep 22 & Warden 18. The main point to my argument is that there are 2 zones you score from If 2 players stay in these zones for the whole game. It's frustrating to see that they are the top scorers for doing nothing but stay in 1 spot. They may get a few challenges. but thats it. Also when the order capture so many zones comes around this cannot be completed by other players. I did notice that the zone number reduced to 8 from 20 recently. Is this the comprimise?

Sweatier_Sock
03-23-2019, 01:19 AM
1) The highest scoring place in terms of points is minion harvesting

2) they are rewarded because they have successfully defended an objective for the entire game. If you don't like it go and kill them off the point...

FourSalmon723
03-23-2019, 05:51 AM
I'd rather have points be defended then run around get kills but not be able to keep a zone for long cuz nobody defends a zone that leads to assuredly long games and at any given point you could easily have all zones them have no zones and have the happen all through a game

stevegambit
03-23-2019, 05:59 AM
A bit extreme. but you can't. damage a team member Stamina briefly, but this also defeats the object of teamwork. To be rewarded for doing little to me defeats the object. As previously stated Dominion should include the whole battlefield. Hence, the middle zone should score, encouraging a unilateral front.

Sweaty_Sock
03-23-2019, 07:19 AM
A bit extreme. but you can't. damage a team member Stamina briefly, but this also defeats the object of teamwork. To be rewarded for doing little to me defeats the object. As previously stated Dominion should include the whole battlefield. Hence, the middle zone should score, encouraging a unilateral front.

THE MIDDLE DOES SCORE. you get points for killing soldiers, the fast you kill the faster they spawn - one player left alone farming minions will achieve a massive score

Edit my earlier point about 1 player boosting = 4 means if there are 4 on one objective they get the same score as 1, so yes splitting up to take multiple objectives is far better

RealJayDee1984
03-23-2019, 10:41 AM
Sometimes these things really confuse me. Holding zones and getting points is how you win this mode, and certain characters are better equipped for doing so than others. When I play a heavy, and I'm on a zone - what goes on in the mind of someone on my team who spends a third to half of the match dancing around me and hitting me with his assassin? Happened more than once, and it's somewhere between baffling, amusing, and embarassing.

CandleInTheDark
03-23-2019, 07:13 PM
So let me get this straight, the claim is that people who are not playing dominion as if it is skirmish are ruining the game mode?

Seriously?

I mean if all the people who wanted essentially a game of skirmish kept the skirmish playlist populated then everyone, the people who just want to kill things, and the people who want to play an objective based game, would be happier.

Those people keeping the zones, they are giving you an extra point a second. That four kills point someone made, that's possibly four times that they stopped someone from turning the zone, denying the enemy team a point a second until someone else bothered to turn it back. There are games for just killing things, ie, the deathmatch games, the people actually playing the objective are the people playing the game as it should be played. Especially when it is a heavy doing the camping given that the fact that they get bonus renown for defending zones indicate that that is them doing their job.

FourSalmon723
03-23-2019, 08:22 PM
I don't play with AI so I sent talk there but for just zone camping it depends on what map cuz for some maps zone campers can be very useful as long as they can hold there own think of the map overwatch someone staying on A while the res of your team dose for the easier to get to points C and B can make a big difference as for the most part everyone rushes for C and worries about the other points after it is taken so camping on A while your team fights for the other points is A good and here's another example highfort having someone sit on a or c while others fight for the other points is good cuz B will swap hands alot and C is always being fought over so A is not looks at till the others are controlled so if a teammate sits there and boosts it well thats a advantage and with someone there some fast assassin can't just run over and take it then leave they to fight to take it by force witch buys time witch means less points for the enemy team and if needed give everyone time to get over there and help and if more then one comes to take it your team has a advantage on taking other points 3v2 while you stall in a 2v1 and either win or die but if you did it doesn't matter as your team would take other points