PDA

View Full Version : Constantinople seems to be the best city yet...

johnnyhayek
10-12-2011, 07:26 AM
From what I've seen in videos and such, ACR's Constantinople seems to be the best city in the AC series yet. It just looks and sounds so alive! The mosque prayers in the background, the beautiful and unique sights, the spanning over 2 continents and what I've heard of the soundtrack all make it seem so amazing!

What do you guys think?

johnnyhayek
10-12-2011, 07:26 AM
From what I've seen in videos and such, ACR's Constantinople seems to be the best city in the AC series yet. It just looks and sounds so alive! The mosque prayers in the background, the beautiful and unique sights, the spanning over 2 continents and what I've heard of the soundtrack all make it seem so amazing!

What do you guys think?

Brunadas
10-12-2011, 07:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyhayek:

What do you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think too as well,this game will be FANTASTIC in all aspects(giving us answers for our main questions,rich environment,nem types of gameplay........).

Cheers

ProletariatPleb
10-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Yeah I agree, Rome, though beautiful, was dull and pretty much looked the same....

Gotta give credit to the environment guys and Alex Amancio for Creative Gameplay(hookblade, 2 weapon wheels, etc)

LxLAS3RzZz
10-12-2011, 09:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Yeah I agree, Rome, though beautiful, was dull and pretty much looked the same....
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, personally I hated the rural areas. I felt like I stood out like the tallest man in the world with Dwarves. This city looks like it'll be truly something to behold.

johnnyhayek
10-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Also, I feel zip lines will add more fun to the free roam around the city.

thedeadman_47
10-12-2011, 10:28 AM
well constantinople looks great but i fear it may turn up as dull as rome but i also like the way the devs are taking the game now as they combiend brotherhood's vast one major city system with ac1 and ac2's multiple cities so there's hope it turns out a great mix of the two

Assassin_M
10-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Yeah It seems they`r taking this "living, breathing city" concept seriously; I just hope they hit the Nail right on the head with this one.

joelsantos24
10-12-2011, 02:49 PM
I think it is way too soon to tell, the game has not yet come out. I may not be very fond of Brotherhood, but still, Rome was a great city to explore. Although, it is true that it had mostly ruins in several of it's districts. I think I would organize the Assassin's cities in the following order of quality/beauty: Jerusalem and Damascus &gt; Florence &gt; Venice &gt; Forlí &gt; Rome &gt; Acre &gt; Monteriggioni and Tuscany.

There may be more, but these are the one's which made an impression on me, at least. Do not strange the fact that I put Forlí ahead of Rome, but I loved Forlí. It might have been bleak and very gloomy, but it had an amazing atmosphere nonetheless. The assassination contracts there, were epic. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

ShaneO7K
10-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Can't wait to be able to just walk through its streets, it definetly looks really alive and busy.

It'll be interesting to see how they can top it in AC3.

GsosolidNavy
10-12-2011, 03:03 PM
I'll always hold something special for the cities In AC1, the way they all felt different (favorite was Jerusalem)... Probably because seeing the Dome of the Rock masjid blew me away, but still... I mean it just felt epic when you had the long horse ride there, and then you can see the city from a distance as you ride down the hill and stuff, felt really good and atmospheric.

ShaneO7K
10-12-2011, 03:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GsosolidNavy:
I'll always hold something special for the cities In AC1, the way they all felt different (favorite was Jerusalem)... Probably because seeing the Dome of the Rock masjid blew me away, but still... I mean it just felt epic when you had the long horse ride there, and then you can see the city from a distance as you ride down the hill and stuff, felt really good and atmospheric. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damascus and Jerusalem will always be my favourite cities in the AC series, hopefully Constantinople changes that.

Jexx21
10-12-2011, 03:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GsosolidNavy:
I'll always hold something special for the cities In AC1, the way they all felt different (favorite was Jerusalem)... Probably because seeing the Dome of the Rock masjid blew me away, but still... I mean it just felt epic when you had the long horse ride there, and then you can see the city from a distance as you ride down the hill and stuff, felt really good and atmospheric. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought they all felt the same with different colors.

joelsantos24
10-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Absolutely. Good point, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
I thought they all felt the same with different colors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I honestly do not comprehend that. I respect your opinion, mind you, do not get me wrong, but Jerusalem and Damascus were so different, felt so different...

Sarari
10-12-2011, 03:34 PM
My biggest fear of ACR's Constantinople is that it might give us the same dull feeling as Rome did. I mean, we all have to admit. ACB might have been the best in gameplay to a lot of people, but the city was the worst out of all 3 games so far. It gave an orangish redish color after you renovated it, and it felt the same through out the city. It looked better before it was renovated. I'm afraid Constantinople will give the same feeling which is a really big turn off if I wanna play it.

Also, I felt like AC1 had the best over-all feeling for the cities.

1. The pathways to each city was really cool. You could see Damascus and Jerusalem from a distance in the mountains and for Masyaf, you had to ride through the abyss like mountains. Acre wasn't that nice though. That was a dull creepy city.

2. The look of the city made it amazing. There's an unexplainable reason as to why the cities just gave off that amazing spiritual feeling (at least to me there isn't. I'm not to good with explaining things).

3. The music fit each city perfectly. Damascus gave that traditional Arabian music, Acre had that creepy and ghostly song, Masyaf had a mysterious sounding melody to it, and my favorite one was Jerusalem. Out of all the soundtracks from Assassin's Creed so far is City of Jerusalem one. It just connects with the city so much and I just simply like it lol. ACB had the worst soundtracks and it got boring listening to City of Rome the whole time. AC2 had very good soundtracks as well, but they were way to depressing, which I like lol. But still not my favorite http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jexx21
10-12-2011, 03:35 PM
How?

All 3 main cities felt like the same city with a different color.

EDIT:

@Sarari I personally felt like Rome was the most interesting city of all three games, and I liked the ACB soundtrack more than the other two also..

ACB really just clicked with me in so many ways, and I guess AC1 clicked a lot for you, luckyto, and POP.

kalo.yanis
10-12-2011, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyhayek:

What do you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree completely. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

One small ting, though. Teeechnically, back then Constantinople was pretty much only on the European side of the strait.

joelsantos24
10-12-2011, 04:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
How?

All 3 main cities felt like the same city with a different color.

EDIT:

@Sarari I personally felt like Rome was the most interesting city of all three games, and I liked the ACB soundtrack more than the other two also...

ACB really just clicked with me in so many ways, and I guess AC1 clicked a lot for you, luckyto, and POP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am sorry, but that is just repeating the same thing you mentioned before.

I do not wish to start another Assassin's 1 vs. Assassin's 2 (and/or Brotherhood) discussion, I cannot judge since all that I have is a mere opinion, the same as you or anyone else. But I cannot stand by and leave this detail unanswered. Jerusalem is Jerusalem, the same way Damascus is Damascus, they are not the same, otherwise they would both be Jerusalem or both be Damascus. The aspect of both cities might have been somewhat similar, after all we are talking about two cities of Muslim general background, at the time. But they felt very much different, the atmosphere was different, the movement was different, even the architecture, of similar genesis, was ultimately different.

Jexx21
10-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Sorry, I just didn't notice it. They feel a lot alike to me.

joelsantos24
10-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Sorry, I just didn't notice it. They feel a lot alike to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fair enough. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Sarari
10-12-2011, 05:19 PM
I have to say, the reason Rome seemed very boring to me was because we stayed in that city the whole game which ruined its beauty I guess. Luckily in ACR we can travel between cities and hopefully the cities' unique style won't get boring http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Btw, just a question, will it snow at times in Masyaf, even just a free-roam with Ezio?

joelsantos24
10-13-2011, 03:11 AM
I do not think that it was merely the fact that we had only Rome, in Brotherhood, that somehow drained the beauty of the city and the pleasure to explore it. Rome is Rome. The problem is that, despite some punctual locations with beautiful buildings and great architecture, the vast majority of the city was quite dismal and composed essentially of ruins.

Another detail which I absolutely hated about Brotherhood/Rome, was the extreme difficulty in exploring the city, particularly the outskirts, with some points of the suburbs being unfathomably hard to access. Most of the times I had to call the horse and go around and around for miles, in order to gain access to certain locations. It was madness. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 05:14 AM
I felt that the cities in AC1 were also full of ruins. Almost every other building I came across had the top floor collapsed.

LightRey
10-13-2011, 05:28 AM
I felt that the cities in AC1 were also full of ruins. Almost every other building I came across had the top floor collapsed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That was only really the case in Acre, which makes sense, because it had recently been taken by the crusader army.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 05:33 AM
oh. Well it's all too hazy to remember.

cause the cities were filled with a hazy atmosphere (so were the cities in AC2 honestly)

LightRey
10-13-2011, 05:48 AM
oh. Well it's all too hazy to remember.

cause the cities were filled with a hazy atmosphere (so were the cities in AC2 honestly) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Though I wouldn't say the cities didn't really have an atmosphere, I would agree that they became more apparent with each game. I also think the atmospheres of Damascus and Jerusalem were a little too much alike. At times it was quite hard to find out in which of the two I was after loading an (old) save.

joelsantos24
10-13-2011, 07:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
That was only really the case in Acre, which makes sense, because it had recently been taken by the crusader army. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly. I remember also numerous dead bodies piled just outside of Acre. It was clear that the crusader army had just conquered the city, even the heralds kept focusing that detail. I think Jexx is in desperate need to revisit Assassin's 1 and re-live that fantastic game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Though I wouldn't say the cities didn't really have an atmosphere, I would agree that they became more apparent with each game. I also think the atmospheres of Damascus and Jerusalem were a little too much alike. At times it was quite hard to find out in which of the two I was after loading an (old) save. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think both Jerusalem and Damascus had a somewhat similar atmosphere, no doubt, but as I focused earlier, these cities have a very much similar/analogous genesis, although Jerusalem is fundametally cosmopolitan, since it is, in essence, the birthplace of Christianism, Judaism and Islamism. We are talking about two Muslim cities at the time, so that social/religious influence is very much in your face, throughtout the game and as you evolve through the exploration of each city. At least that is what I feel.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 10:18 AM
I am playing AC1 right now...

:P

Sarari
10-13-2011, 02:44 PM
I felt like Damascus and Jerusalem were very different in the sense of atmosphere. Damascus had a more sunny and vibrant side to it. And it's architectural style was also very different. Also, the colors were more orangy.

Jerusalem on the other had was more of a spiritual and religious place than Damascus. The color to the city gave a much different feeling that what Damascus gave you. I'm Arabian so I don't know if that helps me determine which is which better.lol

joelsantos24
10-13-2011, 02:50 PM

:P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Enjoy it buddy. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I always have so much fun playing it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
I felt like Damascus and Jerusalem were very different in the sense of atmosphere. Damascus had a more sunny and vibrant side to it. And it's architectural style was also very different. Also, the colors were more orangy.

Jerusalem on the other had was more of a spiritual and religious place than Damascus. The color to the city gave a much different feeling that what Damascus gave you. I'm Arabian so I don't know if that helps me determine which is which better.lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Totally agreed. I love Damascus, it always comes to my mind that little covered market street on the right side, after you just entered the city. I love that market street, it really gives out a genuine feel of an arabian city, does it not? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LightRey
10-13-2011, 03:16 PM

:P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xD
I'm playing ACB right now.

Sarari
10-13-2011, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE]I love that market street, it really gives out a genuine feel of an arabian city, does it not? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[QUOTE]
lol yea it really does. Every time I go there it feels so alive. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

btw, I don't know why it's not showing what you said in quote form lol. That is a fail for me right there.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm doing one AC1 sequence a day atm. Not really the full sequence though (a full sequence ends when the story takes Desmond out of the Animus) but the Missions/Assassinations that are separated within the sequences.

I just finished the first mission of the 2nd Sequence along with getting all the Masyaf flags possible at the time. So I have 10 more missions to go along with gathering/killing any flags/templars I have left.

After that I'm gonna move onto AC2 and do one sequence a day, same with ACB.

Sarari
10-13-2011, 03:47 PM
That's a good idea. When I play ACR, I'm gonna play one sequence a day, or less so it'll last. Also I'm gonna look for flags and anything else on my own this time.

In AC1 I found everything by myself which made it more fun. AC2 I used myself and the internet. ACB I used the internet fully and I think that's what took out some of the joy.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 03:50 PM
I didn't use the internet on ACB at all because the game sold maps to find the feathers and flags :P

Sarari
10-13-2011, 03:52 PM
I know about the treasure but did they sell maps for flags??? I remember you can use eagle vision to find them and it'll appear on the map though. That's all I can remember.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 03:55 PM
yea, maps were sold for flags and feathers.

Not for the Subject 16 clusters though. I just searched around the building for those.

Sarari
10-13-2011, 04:26 PM
yea, maps were sold for flags and feathers.

Not for the Subject 16 clusters though. I just searched around the building for those. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If they had a map for the clusters that would just be a shame. It is meant to be found by the player, which makes it more fun. But they were easy to find. Shaun would have the description of a building pop up on the corner of the screen with a red symbol on it, which they said in AC2 means there's a cluster somewhere close.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Yea, I know :P

xx-pyro
10-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Rome was an incredible city to me, but it seemed too repetative. The cities in AC1 were rather bland really, Acre being especially glummy. They didn't feel at all vibrant and alive, with the same woman and her 5000 twins carrying jars on her head everywhere I went, and the gang of thugs whose pockets I picked for knives all seemed to be look-a-likes. Besides that, the architecture was the same in all of them, that's pretty much a moot point.

AC2 had variety, which was really nice, Venice being an espscially beautiful city (probably my favourite of them all so far.) Rome in ACB was really nice, and I enjoyed playing in it more than Venice, but it just felt too repetative in that the colour scheme was the same throughout, which in my opinion took away from it.

Rome at night was beautiful though, espescially the area around the Colloseum.

Constantinople, although I haven't played in it, looks to be quite nice. I'm thinking it looks enough like Rome deep inside the heart of the city, but the fringes look like a true taste of East meets West. Hopefully I'm wrong and the art style and architecture blow me away.

Sarari
10-13-2011, 04:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:
Rome was an incredible city to me, but it seemed too repetative. The cities in AC1 were rather bland really, Acre being especially glummy. They didn't feel at all vibrant and alive, with the same woman and her 5000 twins carrying jars on her head everywhere I went, and the gang of thugs whose pockets I picked for knives all seemed to be look-a-likes. Besides that, the architecture was the same in all of them, that's pretty much a moot point.

AC2 had variety, which was really nice, Venice being an espscially beautiful city (probably my favourite of them all so far.) Rome in ACB was really nice, and I enjoyed playing in it more than Venice, but it just felt too repetative in that the colour scheme was the same throughout, which in my opinion took away from it.

Constantinople, although I haven't played in it, looks to be quite nice. I'm thinking it looks enough like Rome deep inside the heart of the city, but the fringes look like a true taste of East meets West. Hopefully I'm wrong and the art style and architecture blow me away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, it might have been bland before but it was their first installment. It was kinda like a test. And they did an excellent job with it. Yea, those women carrying the jars and those thugs and the empty souls those people had was really bland and boring, but I guarantee you that if Ubisoft went back to improve those cities just a little bit, they would be the most amazing cities in the game.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

IIwangcarsII
10-13-2011, 04:56 PM
I think Constantinople will be a fantastic setting for assassins creed, it is very rich in culture and I am really looking forward to roaming the dense foggy streets! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Err.. I doubt that in a way. The architecture in those areas at the time just doesn't interest me that much.

I currently like Rome the most, with Florence second, and Venice third.

But I think that with ACR my first will be Constantinople, second Rome, and third either Cappadocia or ACR Masyaf.

Sarari
10-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Err.. I doubt that in a way. The architecture in those areas at the time just doesn't interest me that much.

But I think that with ACR my first will be Constantinople, second Rome, and third either Cappadocia or ACR Masyaf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You can go to Rome in ACR???

LightRey
10-13-2011, 05:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

But I think that with ACR my first will be Constantinople, second Rome, and third either Cappadocia or ACR Masyaf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You can go to Rome in ACR??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think he means what his top 3 would be if he included the places in ACR.

Sarari
10-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Oh...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 05:51 PM
actually my favorite cities at the moment are Rome, Forli and Monterigionni.

I just free-roamed a bit around AC2 and decided that. :P

Sarari
10-13-2011, 08:48 PM
To be honest, I think I'm gonna like Masyaf a lot. Isn't Hama part of Masyaf?

Chronomancy
10-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Can't wait to get to Constantinople it looks so vibrant and full of colours, the markets are going to be amazing!

Moultonborough
10-13-2011, 10:40 PM
I agree. However, if the markets are like the indoor ones in AC I will hate them. I always found it annoying that there were always guards protecting the entrance and inside. It made some investigations nearly impossible. I like how the districts look so different from each other though. It will be a nice break from the same for every part of the city. I think it will give the city a nice atmosphere.

AkeiraXgamer
10-13-2011, 11:10 PM

I just free-roamed a bit around AC2 and decided that. :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah gawd, I hate Forli with a passion. I won't describe why, because that would take up 5 pages worth- But I love Florence.

Anyways, I am excited for Constantinople, aswell as the other cities in ACR. Just like the others had said, it looks alive- even more so than previous cities. It's just another new place! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Chronomancy
10-13-2011, 11:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AkeiraXgamer:

I just free-roamed a bit around AC2 and decided that. :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah gawd, I hate Forli with a passion. I won't describe why, because that would take up 5 pages worth- But I love Florence.

Anyways, I am excited for Constantinople, aswell as the other cities in ACR. Just like the others had said, it looks alive- even more so than previous cities. It's just another new place! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the hate for Forli. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Am I one of the only people who enjoyed this place? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

SleezeRocker
10-13-2011, 11:24 PM
I think it'll be interesting to see the Ezio as the Beast in the middle East lol

Im eager to zipline across the hoods pre batman-style http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Blind2Society
10-13-2011, 11:27 PM
I respected Forli for what it was. It wasn't any worse than any other location, I just didn't enjoy it as much. Though, that could have been due to the tediousness of the missions and tasks there.

The best location so far was Venice, hands down. Especially in the Carnivale district (can't recall the real name)

kriegerdesgottes
10-13-2011, 11:42 PM
Forli was ok but not my favorite. If it hadn't been for the flying machine and the ebony outfit I would have never gone there ever again after the game much like tuscany. My favorites so far have been Venice, Florence, Jerusalem and Acre.

Blind2Society
10-13-2011, 11:49 PM
Now that I think of it, the only ones I actually enjoyed were Venice and Acre.

Crouching.Tiger
10-14-2011, 12:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:
I agree. However, if the markets are like the indoor ones in AC I will hate them. I always found it annoying that there were always guards protecting the entrance and inside. It made some investigations nearly impossible.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, since you now can use factions (and bombs) to distract the guards, that wouldn't be a problem.

I haven't played AC1 since before AC2 came out, but I remember Damascus was quite nice. I've always been a sucker for Muslim architecture. My strongest memory from Jerusalem is the Dome of the Rock, and Acre wasn't very memorable either, except for the kickass catedral.

In AC2, it's Venice without doubt. San Gimignano is also quite fun to mess around in, but it felt like you've seen everything there once you finished the story missions in the area and found the Glyphs.

Rome was something of a letdown. Although the city and it's citizens are much more lively this time around, the (all to big) countryside is boring and sometimes hard to find a way through. They could easily have chopped the map in half and filled the remains with houses.

I have alot of faith in Constantinople, though I won't say too much until I've actually played it.

joelsantos24
10-14-2011, 04:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:

Constantinople, although I haven't played in it, looks to be quite nice. I'm thinking it looks enough like Rome deep inside the heart of the city, but the fringes look like a true taste of East meets West. Hopefully I'm wrong and the art style and architecture blow me away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Opinions differ.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
All the hate for Forli. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Am I one of the only people who enjoyed this place? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, as I said previously, Forlí is one my favorite cities in Assassin's. I admit it is somewhat gloomy and/or dismal, but I loved it. It is a small town, a bit grey even, but it always felt very cozy, nonetheless. The asassination contracts there, were absolutely epic, for me at least. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LightRey
10-14-2011, 05:03 AM
I think my current top 3 would be:

1. Venice
2. Florence
3. Jerusalem

Though really it's not an easy choice. I enjoyed the other cities almost as much as these 3.

joelsantos24
10-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Yes, the choice is hard, no doubt... I remember mentioning my favorite but here it goes again:

1. Jerusalem and Damascus;
2. Florence;
3. Venice;
4. Forlí;
5. Acre;
6. Rome;
7. Montireggioni and Tuscany;

One of Venice's problems, and Rome's, for that matter, was that in several ways the cities worked almost as a labyrinth, particularly Venice. Rome makes you go around and around for miles, just to access certain locations, especially out in the country. That drove me insane at times... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

ace3001
10-14-2011, 01:00 PM
My top three would be:
1) Florence
2) Acre
3) Rome

Constantinople could top number 2, but I doubt it can beat Florence in my book. Yeah, I'm weird like that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

joelsantos24
10-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Florence was a beautiful city, I personally loved that central part of town near the Duomo, and still remember the time I climbed that huge tower next to it, for the first time. That was awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif